It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Issues Warning of Solar Superstorm 2012 - "One Billion Could Die!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

maybe there would be no warfare...maybe no command post would run effeciently without the present system up and running...speaking of running, isnt that what the commanders(ptb/w) would do?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Talking about a real nightmare....How would you like to be in New York City, Detroit, or Chicago and ALL electricity is gone for at least 5 yrs.... Talking about riots....You haven't seen a riot till this happens... I am sure glad I no longer live in a city....I can sit right here where I am and pick off anything that needs to be picked off, grow me a garden, and pump water up from my well.....I wouldn't live in a city between now and 2013 for all the money in the world....You know though, it a rarity to see NASA tell a little bit of the truth, them being "Never A Strait Answer"...... I just feel really bad though for the children that will have to go through with this...I'm old and don't give a dam, but they have their lives ahead of them which could be a good life if we hadn't let TPTB ruin it for all of us....

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
don't give in to fear mongering

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
going to definitely have to stock up on water...and batteries, or would those be effected?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
That news source has no credibility. If this is real (which it isn't) the OP should post a link to the story from another source.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This can happen !! It is very serious and all should be aware of the danger...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Same 2009 report with new shrink wrap.

People are repackaging every sensational 2012 item over and over again.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Yet in the below video David Morisson from NASA says that there is no threat from a solar flare.

So who is making this up?

It seems to me that Michio Kaku is always talking about extreme possibilities, once again he says perhaps......This guy is losing more and more credibility in my opinion. Dr Doom.

Check out the video around 2.45mins, who do you believe?

edit on 25-4-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

I noticed that "if" comment at the 2:45 mark.but heres my question.

Since when did NASA get into the "debunking" business? And WHY did NASA get into the "debunking" business.Are there really that many people on the whole "2012" phenomena that NASA would have to debunk it

There must be more to it than what we may know.
edit on 25-4-2011 by consigliere because: sorry if off topic

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I found this from NASA Science Science News Severe Space Weather Events—Societal and Economic Impacts
It is from 2009 I wish they would put these on the news so people could prepare better. The fall of people will not be entirely the individual's fault.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

Since when was Helium not a reliable source?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

It is 2011, most will never see 2012.
Think about it, if everyone knew it was going to happen 6 months from now the economy would screech to a halt and crime would skyrocket. People would hoard food and water, they would be motivated by survival alone.
If the cat is let out of the bag making a payment on a 30 year mortgage or doing your spanish homework would seem kind of ridiculous wouldn't it?

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I love how people dismiss the idea that if an EMP hit a billion could die. This is easily imaginable. Nothing in this world is more fragile than human society. Lets look at the effects of a global power outage:

-No power = no labs or factories making medicine for the masses. Some people may be able to make medicine for themselves or a few in their community, but with 8.3% of the US population having diabetes (and growing), that's a lot of people dependant on insulin and other meds. That's around 30,000,000 people right there. There are more who need heart/blood pressure meds to stay alive. People dependant on anti-psychotics and depression meds. Let's not forget those with pacemakers (over 2,000,000). They'll likely drop like flies when the EMP hits.

-No power = no way to keep the reactors cool at the the 440 (+/-) Nuclear Power Plants around the globe. Anyone living near or downwind from these plants could suffer from serious radiation poisoning, resulting in death. The effects on the environment will also have to be factored in. Sure there are gas powered generators to keep these things up and running, but even if 0.5% of these places failed we're still looking at a couple of meltdowns. Judging the current condition of most of the plants here in the US, I'd bet there'd be many more.

-No power means no more 1000 acre farming using machines. The output of food will be vastly weakened, as will the distilling of good drinkable water for the masses. There are many who can, and do, grow their own crops and have their own wells, but there are millions who wouldn't know the first thing about farming and purifying water. Many of these people will starve. The rest will either adapt or will steal and kill to get what they need, killing countless more. Countries, desperate to aid their starving nations will wage war for water and land resources. This will be exacerbated by the fact that good water supplies and land will be decreased from the nuclear radiation. Many more will die.

-With the decline in good medication, the rise in death from injuries will increase. Things like infections and disease will claim many. Hunting is also infinitely more dangerous than going to the grocery store, especially considering that the wildlife will become as desperate as humans for resources.

-Looting and gangs of thieves will kill many more.

In short; the average person is so dependant on power that they would be lost should the power go out for months or years. When the warring for resources begins you'll begin to see insurrections and mutinies as soldiers are torn between duty and staying with their own desperate families. Gangs and cartels will use their resources to take command of food storage facilities, killing many to maintain power in their areas. Things will be bad. Importing and Exporting will come to a stand still. Its very easy to imagine a billion people dying. About 1% of the population will die of shock, incapable of action. Even more will fall due to exposure in the winter and summer peaks. Many people will survive. Its in no way a doomsday scenarion. One billion isn't even a third of the population. But it won't be easy, and an EMP from the sun isn't as far fetched as people are desperate to believe. You can call it fear mongering, but I call it acknowledging the inevitable.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Hmm, a expert from NASA saying we have nothing to worry about.. What a shock.

Let me ask, what happens to a nuclear reactor when the power goes out?...

How will you see in the dark with no lights?

How well will your refrigerator work without electricity?

How much water can you pump from the local water company with a pump that has no electricity?

Without electricity our society would crumble in a matter of days.. There's nothing to worry about though, just keep paying your taxes and keep the money flowing, because that's all that matters.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

I did not trust what he was saying it was as if he was speaking to a child telling them there was no monster in the closet even though in the back of your mind you are screaming that you are going to poo yourself if there is anything in there. I think my above link states that there is some concern however and it has been studied a little more than he would like to admit. Just my two cents

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

It's a blog, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Yet in the below video David Morisson from NASA says that there is no threat from a solar flare.

So who is making this up?

It seems to me that Michio Kaku is always talking about extreme possibilities, once again he says perhaps......This guy is losing more and more credibility in my opinion. Dr Doom.

Check out the video around 2.45mins, who do you believe?

edit on 25-4-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)
Anyone that says solar super storms are not a problem should go talk to a real Scientist about what just one x flare hitting the earth would do to us: www.nasa.gov...
www.youtube.com... edit on 25-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: ops wrong video lol

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

No? This is a very good source for many different fields. Take a look around, you might like it.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP
reply to post by Seekeye2

GOOD!!!!! let it come,i hope it does,after having my heart ripped from my chest and stomped on,after being in the middle of a s-h-i-t storm of human crap,after watching that dog video that was just posted i think it would be a blessing

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roses have many parts, it is only when you enjoy the thorn as much as the petal that you are truly alive.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdderlyInsane
reply to post by consigliere

I did not trust what he was saying it was as if he was speaking to a child telling them there was no monster in the closet even though in the back of your mind you are screaming that you are going to poo yourself if there is anything in there. I think my above link states that there is some concern however and it has been studied a little more than he would like to admit. Just my two cents

I agree,,,, he was placating us.What I find interesting is the fact that "bye and far" IMHO disclaimer
,,,people generally feel as though something is on the horizon.

edit on 25-4-2011 by consigliere because: oops

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Funny
Nasa by Law, isn't supposed to make any announcements that might cause Terror.
I think that is illegal for anyone to do so in the US under the patriot act or similar law...

Rememeber that flair we had a while back where thay actually had to make a new addition to the scale to accomodate the size of it...?
Did they not say if it had been aimed at earth it would have done severe damage such as we are being warned about in the OP?

Piers Corbin says we will be having some kind of ice age like conditions commencing in 2015
he seems to know what he is talking about....
he bases his accuracy on Solar lunar events and histrical correlations...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join