It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura openly admits that he is full of It

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by sunqueen30

It makes me sad that is where your critical thinking skills take you, but feel free to do what you like. Thanks for taking the time to tell us all what your plans are.

You're welcome.

And not for the sad part.
But for doing me the honor of calling my time valuable.
While I do value my time, I don't consider it particularly valuable.
At least not to anyone else. This is one of the nicer things ever said to me.

Back to Jesse now,
here is a clip on Larry King
where he wants us to legalize herb.

David Grouchy

edit on 23-4-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

It wasn't meant to be nice, which it why I removed it. I'm better than that.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here's my two cents, I have watched Jesse Ventura and I enjoyed him and he made me think and dig and question. Like the illusionist magic acts Jesse in order to wake people up has to follow a certain status quo. Because if the illusionist isn't all smoke and mirrors then there really is something behind it and TPTB would have said "illusionist" smack dab in a lab with wires coming out of him/her to see if the results can be verified, quantified and otherwise used to their advange. Research government use of pychics during WWII. I think I would rather pretend to be an illusionist. Jesse shouldn't have to solve your big brother issues for us. Isn't it enough that he is ouyt there trying to wake people up just enough to say "holy crap!" this can't be right we need to do something. Otherwise if we look to him or anyone else to solve our political issues of bs and secrecy and sugar coated fascism then he becomes no better than TPTB who everyone so rails against. You cannnot have it both ways.

Long ago we had our truths given to us by story tellers. They were presented to us to help us explain and think about the world around us. When we move to demanding fact and demanding hard core proof before believing anything we lose a vital part of ourselves. We lose the ability to think and explore for ourselves and find our own truths.

Fact is good. So stop whining about the delivery guy not giving you hard core facts and find them yourself, you may find he is not so far out to lunch for all that he is just another story teller.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
He has a lot of episodes to fill, and there's probably only a certain amount of conspiracy theories that he believes in. He presents the 'facts' for each conspiracy theory on all of his shows.. and almost never says "case closed, this is what's happening"

When he starts doing more bad than good, is when you can turn on him. As far as I'm concerned he's still bringing awareness to a lot of people that would've never even thought twice about certain things.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yes, his TV show is on the air to entertain people... Same with every other TV show on TV.

To be honest, I have not looked at this guy as a hero or anything other than another voice in the crowd so to speak. The only difference is he has a show, and we don't. But, him saying that his TV show is for Entertainment,does not really mean a thing to me. He does not speak of his intentions even once in this video. He simply states that his show is for Entertainment. Well, duh! It's not there to bore people to sleep!

Yep,his show, along with every other show in the world is on for entertainment purposes... This fact says nothing about what he believes, stands for and fights for.It says nothing about whether or not he wants to dig for truth.It states simply that his show is on to entertain the people that watch it...

Show me a clip of him saying he does not believe these conspiracies that he is always talking about and is just pretending to do so for the money. Then you will have my attention.

edit on 23-4-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
reply to post by sunqueen30

You're ready to deep-six Jesse on the basis of this one video? You have to be kidding me!

Please....Read....The.....Rest.....of.......My.......Post.........Please and thank you.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The word whining comes up a lot when people disagree with you. So if I apoke about the "right" things that everyone agrees with, I'm someone that cares? And if I don't, I'm whining? We should all be careful of the words we choose. We may find ourselve on the receiving end when we have something we feel strongly about.

Obama used to be the hope of the people. To defame him would be to stand in the way of change and possibly be racist. Now it's ok if we call him an alien. And if the day comes that JV turns out to be a fraud, faker, and friend of corporate interests, then do I have permission to say how I have always felt about him?

Give me a break.
edit on 23-4-2011 by sunqueen30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have seen several posters mention some interview about Ventura being on Howard Stern. So, being the curious person I am I went ahead and hunted down that interview. I have not had a chance to listen to the interview yet, and I am headed to work shortly so I wont get a chance to listen to it until later, therefor.. I can not offer any opinion. For the sake of discussion, here is that interview in 4 parts.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

thats funny because i did think before i posted and pass "judgement" last i checked it was my OPINION. and we will see how much more preaching he will do after he is done promoting his book. i bet we wont hear much from him at all. he will be chillin in mexico not bothering to do any more "promoting truth". so you might be waiting a while to be able to continue to follow him when all his deals are done.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I dont know. I think Jesse Ventura is at least partially sincere in his beliefs. I think Whats his name was bullying him. Jesse is no dummy, but he is a direct, blunt, honest sort of guy, and people like the dude who was interviewing him are more psychologically astute. I DO have worries about a Jesse Ventura presidency, because it does beg the question, why is the MSM giving him a venue with which to make a good run?

BUT, I think in part that is because he would be easy to discredit as a "nut" much like Brit boy was doing. I dont think they see him as a threat to really become president, but merely a wedge with which to divide the disenchanted masses and prevent them from forming a majority voting block for some non-corporate candidate.

I was initially VERY suspicious of Jesse Ventura being a double agent so to speak. But I took the time to look up his voting record, and I have to say, he is consistent. It does lend him credibility. I dont know that I would vote for him. He may be too forthright and not Machiavellian to make it as President, but I do tend to lean towards him being sincere for the most part.

Not every conspiracy theorist believes all theories equally. I certainly dont believe every single theory going. I dont think the fact that he said it was entertainment in that context, is really the smoking gun you want it to be.

Wonderful way to add an opposing thought in a graceful and articulate way. Now, I will do even more research on the topic that doesn't just fit my views. I'm not sure if it will change my mind, but I would like to see what you saw. Thx for adding something worthwhile

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

JesseJ I like your pic. I don't feel it is his job to solve or fix any of the issues he brings up. I also think there is a lot of truth in the stuff he talks about. I ask why has nothing been done because I see the lack of movement by the people on these very serious issues as the side of effect from getting your truth with a side of cheeze.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The description of a guy who has investigated 9/11 for three and half years as only in it for the money is bogus on the face of the charge. His show is entertainment and he allows a number of people who are conspiratists to express views that are contrary to public 'knowledge'.

The purpose of this is to encourage people to begin thinking about these issues. Controversy is what fuels his show and he knows that he bases it on reality.

This is a website devoted to conspiracy and in turn controversial issues.

Are the providers of this service, who may be making money from this, merely shills for those who sponsor them? It depends on the person. I think that Jessie knows that he is always subject to criticism because he makes money from this.

Something has to pay the bills.

I think he's providing a service in raising up general consciousness and for that I am thankful.

Your vendetta doesn't change the fact he presents alternative information on the airways which is rarely provided by anyone else.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Against my better judgment, I watched the last 44 seconds of the video, and sure enough your claim is not substantiated in the manner in which you are implying. He does say that, but what he says afterward is an important statement that you cannot just ignore to "get your misconstrued point across."

I don't even like the guy personally, but I will not sit back and let someone use someone's words in a context that suits their interest.

For those of you who do not want to watch the end of the video, he says, "It's an entertainment show. We just use reality." I mean c'mon, this thread has no basis.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What;s with all the fuss over this?

He was asked why he gave someone air time when he didn't believe their theory, and he responded by saying it's an entertainment programme. So what?

As someone posted earlier it's television and it needs to be entertaining or people won't watch. I myself don't watch his programme, I've seen a few episodes but I don't like how overly dramatic it can be, and how overly dramatic Jesse Ventura can be, but there's not a whole load of programming out there in the mainstream that deals with the topics covered in the show, and the fact it's presented by an ex-politician gives it some credibility to people who may not watch it if it was presented by David Icke.

I also dislike people who cry about people who are in it "for the money", It's not like he's profiting on other people's misfortune or killing people. It's not a crime to do something you enjoy and get paid for it.

Any of my friends would say I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist, but that doesn't mean I believe everything I read on this forum, but I'll still read some of threads on the more out-there subjects because they can be entertaining to read when they're well put together.

If Jesse Ventura is full of it because he doesn't believe everything people say to him, and that he can be honest enough with himself and others to say that his program is an entertainment program, then good on him.

edit on 23-4-2011 by MagnitudeZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

So Jesse says his show is an entertainment show . . . so what. . . . It is an entertainment show, so is everything on TV! ATS in an entertainment site also, that doesn’t mean one goes on it and deliberately lies.

He also said that his entertainment show uses reality, so your analyses is wrong, IMO.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Against my better judgment, I watched the last 44 seconds of the video, and sure enough your claim is not substantiated in the manner in which you are implying. He does say that, but what he says afterward is an important statement that you cannot just ignore to "get your misconstrued point across."

I don't even like the guy personally, but I will not sit back and let someone use someone's words in a context that suits their interest.

For those of you who do not want to watch the end of the video, he says, "It's an entertainment show. We just use reality." I mean c'mon, this thread has no basis.

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video and I know this may be old but "GET JIGGY WIt IT!!!!!!"

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You need to go back and watch it again without your preconceived mindset against Mr. Ventura. He flatly states that it is an entertainment show based on reality. No where does he state that he does or does not believe the conspiracies he has investigated. He does however state that he has questions he would like to ask certain people and that he does not believe that President Bush had no knowledge of 911 but that Cheney did. So I hate to break it to ya, but your WRONG!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
This just shows he's a sellout. I never trusted the guy to begin with.

No it doesn't, conspiracy theory IS an entertainment show. He didn't say one way or the other what he believed, he just said HE never said that -- which he didn't. He has a show that is on for entertainment, that plucks it's set pieces from reality, to inspire the mind to research yourself.

Which is what he explicitely stated in that video. I'm not a Ventura fan -- but there is no evidence of sell out here, just public relations and political correctness. It's like he's trying to dodge a claim that he's a crack pot on a more popular show them him, whilst trying to get exposure. The guy conducting the interview clearly had a point to make Ventura look bad, and Ventura handled it by deflection. Very political move -- remember he's a politician now too.

tl:dr

I don't agree, I believe you misunderstand the context of that video and what was actually being said.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Nice try OP Epic fail, but I gave you a flag just for trying .

All he did was CYA. He said what he said about Cheney then back tracked on it. Did Pierce call him on it yes but guess what we heard it. This is a common practice used by lawyers, bankers, insurance agents and ........... that's right Politicians. Anyone who couldn't see that this is what he did is just ignorant. You got to know how to play the game and this man was a governor.

As Far as saying that its entertainment. It is. Its also reality. All he is doing is putting a light on it. Some people are going to support it and others aren't. Also considering the fact that you took it out of context , not very cool. Dis info sucks just so you know.

I believe in Jesse. He is talking and that talk will get people listening. If they listen they may very well start thinking, and if folks get thinking then god forbid some may actually do something.

My only question to the "haters" is this. Why? Is it because he's making money off of this? If that is the case you shouldn't be on ATS as they are making money off of "conspiracies" as well.

Is it because you are angry that he has served his country not only in the military, but also the government and has probably forgotten about more good deeds that he has done for this country than all of you can collectively think of doing in your wildest dreams?

Or are you just miserable and mad that someone is actually out there and doing something which makes your illusion of posting here and talking tough about making a difference miniscule and moot?

Now if he is ever defrauded I will be one of the first to say "I was wrong" but until then how about turning your hatred and aggression towards somebody who is actually making a difference into something useful for a change.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 24/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

edit on 24/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as per usual

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

FAIL.

You come off like somebody with a grudge against Jesse Ventura, did he whoop your candidate in Minnesota or something?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Just because i hate these kind of threads and they always put things out of context:

He said its an entertainment show, that uses facts(or research or whatever).

So if the history channel makes a documentary on Hitler or something, for entertainment, that makes everything they do BS?

Just want to clarify if thats your stance...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join