It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura openly admits that he is full of It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
I saw this video and this remark is a toungue-in-cheek type comment. you have watch the entrie video to get full context of this comment. Frankly; if people are going to make such sweeping camments as those made by the OP on the basis of an interviewee sharing a joke with an interviewer then I dont think they have to much contribute to this form.

The only explanation I can think of for the OP making such a sweeping claim as in this post on the basis of so little, is that they must be desperate to try and turn ATS's away from Jessie Ventrua.

Lol, the only thing I am desperate for is for people to be aware of how they are manipulated even when they think they are going against TPTB. And of course I showed the the segment I was talking about. It was the part relevant to what I was saying. I didn't think people wanted to sit down for 43 minutes until they got to my point. And for people so angry about someone posting THEIR OPINION you sure are quick to form and post your opinions on me based on a minutae of information. I guess only you are allowed to have an opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I don't understand the inane hostility of some people to this subject. This site is suppose to instigate thought. But instead people become sarcastic, passive agressive, or even angry when someone challenges what they believe. How is that progressive? Everything is possible in the realm of discussion and opinion. Not everything is going to liked, but educated grown ups know how to disagree without hostility.

Jesse Ventura loves this country so much that he lives in mexico. Pays taxes to mexico. I almost wish he would get elected to president so I can laugh when it all tanks. But then I would have to move to mexico...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This has to be taken in context, he said the his show was entertainment, using reality, as is a lot of documentaries that are made, if they were not entertaining we wouldn't watch them.

He didn't say he did not believe the theories he was telling on the show to Piers Morgan, Although if you watch the full show he states to Piers Morgan that Dick Channey knew and was part of the plot of 9/11, which Piers pressed him on, you could see this panic JV a little, he probably knew of the legal ramifications of stating that as a fact, and so he withdrew a little at that point

I personally believe he does believe some conspiracy theories are true, but not all the ones on his show, as he said it is entertainment, but at least the show gives all these theories an airing and lets us look deeper into them. He is not full of it, he is just a guy who makes a living and believes some CT's

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Well said. I formed my opinion about JV way before seeing that interview. So when I hear him say it's entertainment, or they give me a script, I hear something different than you do. I think his dumbing down of the issues hurts more than it helps and that is where my dislike of him stems from. I am happy that more people are looking into these issues, but the seriousness they deserve is missing. Rather than getting paid for ratings, why not pay to advertise the issues constantly. Remember the 80s and all the ads about the water disappearing, the ozone layer, etc. How much did that scare everyone? Now let's do that with clips of what our officials were doing on 9/11, or the myriad of topics that have been relegated to the dusty closet of conspiracy theories. We don't need any more theories. We need to serve this to the public in a way that they will accept it as undeniable fact. Only then will the uprising begin.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Sorry mods about the title. I will tone it down next time.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sunqueen30

Does not surprise me at all. After all he is a wrestler and he was a very entertaining one at that! Now lets put this into context. Jesse is trying to make a living out of the lucrative conspiracy industry. Think about Alex & David to name a few hahahahahahaha! Ron Paul, he's in it for the votes for now. When he decides to leave politics he will make millions from the conspiracy industry also.

Gotta love Jesse! hahahaha!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It is entertainment. So what? I get tons of entertainment from ATS, daily. The difference with AJ and JV are that their entertainment is laced with real info people might want to further research. And that might lead to real facts. So when you hear Alex go off on a tangent or Jesse defend himself from a crafty Pierce Morgan, just remember that it's the best we have on tv and radio so far.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I don't get understand the correlation of him saying 'it's [conspiracy theory] an entertainment show' with him being full of #.

Honestly, it is just an entertainment show.. just like the history channel is an entertainment show, and everything on the food network and the news. All he's doing is exploring conspiracy theories and putting it on a tv show. It doesn't matter whether or not you believe any of it, but, you can sit down and enjoy watching it still. Hence an entertainment show.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
rush limp baugh makes 400 million on his contract
and does drugs
Hannity is a convicted sex offender
anorexic says radiation is good for you
all well paid
now you just take your pick of that lot
hahahah

after watching the vid
Id say the OP
is inaccurate
wildly

ps
no such thing as bad publicity though so
carry on

PSS jesses campaign for governor used almost no money compared to the bazzilions spent by the losers
edit on 23-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Gimmie a break he's saying that to cover his ass and I have seen this interview and he doesn't say there not true or its not about the truth at all. Nice try but this shows nothing.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I watched this interview when it was televised. I'm not a fan of Pierce, and the way he was questioning Ventura was completely derogatory. Everything Ventura pointed out, Pierce would completely act like he already knew the real answer and wouldn't divulge any facts he had to back it up. Through the entire interview Ventura kept on asking him to explain his stance, but Pierce would side step the questions and say "I'm interviewing you." To me that's just saying he didn't research any of the subject matter before the interview. If you're going to constantly put someone down, back it up with some facts!

As for the entertainment response by Ventura, that was in response to a question that he himself questioned the validity. By saying well it's entertainment, it's just saying that some things on his show are left in to add to the conspiracy story line. It may not be factual, but the producers leave it in because it adds to the shows entertainment value.

If you've ever listened to Travis Walton's interview about the movie "Fire in the Sky", he says everything after being on board the UFO was embellished for entertainment. It doesn't mean the story wasn't true. You would be surprised how much news organizations and Hollywood embellish facts.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Have you watched or listened to any of his other interviews regarding conspiracies and such? The man brings up great points and has done a lot to bring the information to the forefront; voicing his opinion on these matters on the MSM, creating his television show, and writing two popular books.

"Conspiracy Theory is an entertainment show, we just use reality."

That is a hell of a lot different than saying, "Conspiracy Theory is purely an entertainment show." Have you ever watched it, I might ask?

Also, I did buy his newest book, and loved it. There are plenty of government documents in there that I have never read and am glad that he made use of them. Say what you want about the man, but he has done more to promote the truth or present alternative viewpoints than you, or most people for that matter, have.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

HEY DUMBASSES, JUST BECAUSE HE SAYS IT ENTERTAINMENT DOES NOT MEAN HIS FINDINGS ARE FALSE. HE SAYS HE USES REALITY. ARENT WE ALL 'INCLUDED' IN THIS REALITY? WAKE UP FOOLS. ONCE A GAIN THE GOVT TRIES TO TURN JESSE INTO A FRAUD BY PUTTING EMPHASIS ON THE WORD "ENTERTAINMENT".

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Most things are an "entertainment" source. Including ATS for the most part. So what's the big shock that he says that his show is entertainment? Aren't all TV channels about entertainment?

edit on 23-4-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by danamae23

Like it or not it takes money to get your point across. Jesse is using the national audience to promote his beliefs. I see nothing wrong with that and I'd expect him to get paid. The question is what does he do with the money? Does he spend it selfishly or does he use that money to get his message out to more people? The fact is things don't come free, so while you may be a pretty face I think you need to think again at why he is doing all of this before you pass judgement. I seriously doubt it's all for a tv show that really doesn't bank. Jesse you are still the man in my book and keep the preaching cause I'm listening and I've got your back... until you prove me wrong that is...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What everyone is missing is that he said its "entertainment" about the truth...Of course its going to have entertainment value, its a damn tv show....I watched the full interview and the youtube vid is edited...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
faux news is INFOTAINMENT
and they have commercials
and they are LYING to you
and have been caught red handed doing so...

Ventura entertains multiple theories on his show
so there as far as the comment about scripts go..
I guess the OP has zero entertaiment industry experience

Jesse is the PRESENTER
he is part of a team, that includes researchers, lighting technicians
caterers, cameramen, editors, producers, secreteries ETC

and the OP knows nothing of successful authorship either I'll bet...
ever read any Mitchener?
naw you never did

PS
go look up how many people get their news from JON STEWART

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I started a thread earlier that garnered a lot of negative response from people blinded by this supposed champion of our causes. My mistake was that I only showed my opinion without fact. You want to see for yourselves what a hack this guy is? Enjoy!

He simply said his show is entertainment and that he uses reality as his subject manner. Don't go all Micheal Moore and misquote people. You seem to have it out for this guy for very little reason. If this quote is all you have to call him a hack your case is very weak.

If you listen to him speak or read one of his books you'll find out he doesn't want you to take him at his word. He wants you to go out and research and educate yourself so you can make up your own mind. He doesn't really care if you believe him or not.

But to call someone a hack because you don't like the way he worded a response reflects poorly on you.

edit on 23-4-2011 by bphi1908 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2011 by bphi1908 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I don't understand the inane hostility of some people to this subject. This site is suppose to instigate thought. But instead people become sarcastic, passive agressive, or even angry when someone challenges what they believe. How is that progressive? Everything is possible in the realm of discussion and opinion. Not everything is going to liked, but educated grown ups know how to disagree without hostility.

You called Jesse Ventura a hack, remember? You can't start a thread with name-calling and then get upset because the responses to your "inane hostility" is more of the same. You didn't start this thread to create a "realm of discussion and opinion" you did it show the ATS community the error in their ways for listening to such a hack.

Oh and while Jesse was a professional wrestler he also was a Navy Seal, I do like how you conviently ignored this fact, which are regarded as being amongst the most highly skilled and trained amphibious units in the world. This experience gives him a unique perspective on conspiracy theories involving demolitions and firearms, such as 9/11.

Treat others the way you want to be treated, it works on these threads as well as in life.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here's the deal, the guy is marketing the explosion of conspiracy theories that have taken hold over the last decade or so, and nothing he says can't be found on a website or some disclosure or declassification site. Theorists don't watch his shows for answers, they watch for confirmation on what they already knew or believed.
Anytime he pushes the envelope of what is known, he is threatened with the cancelation of his show (happened 2-3 times I know of). All this vid shows is that he doesn't believe in everything he discusses. His show is about conspiracy theories in general, just like this website, and so he (in order to create a season's worth of material) has to cover all ranges of conspiracy theories whether he believes in them or not. I frequent this website, but it doesn't mean I believe bigfoot was a genetically created creature from Plum Island, designed to go off into the woods to kill the underclass of rednecks in the US. No one can believe every conspiracy. To do so means you'd have to be a hypocrite.
Jesse is against the NWO and his conspiracy beliefs revolve around this topic. Anything about aliens, pole shifts, and HAARP may not be in the realm of his beliefs. Doesn't mean he shouldn't cover them for the others out there who are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join