It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura openly admits that he is full of It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Do you really think someone that makes millions through the dumbing down of america is speaking for you? DO you think he is thinking about you when he does his shows? He is thinking of ratings. COnspiracy is hot right now. That's all it is.

And everything is biased. Since this this is my opinion, then yes, my title is biased to my thought system. It's what goes through my head when I see the video. Sure I could have written "JV admits it's all entertainment". But that's not how I was feeling when I wrote this. The title is meant to inspire strong feelings.

The dumbed down society that we are need wrestlers and reality show actors to tell us our truths because we are told they are important. I refuse to be led by morons
edit on 23-4-2011 by sunqueen30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I don't understand how people can twist his words out of context. I don't see anywhere that he openly admits he was full of it. I don't also like people who attack another person based upon an unreliable source.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I was going to make a thread as a tribute to Jessy to counter this "thread"

But somebody allready did...

All he´s documentaries here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I was wondering exactly what show do you watch and think is real? The people that are on television, are "entertainers". He didn't lose any credibility because we wasn't supposed to be the "ultimate" truth. Finding out the truth is what you do when you turn off the t.v, and search for yourself.

Those who took his word as gospel are ignorant, and expect people to do the work for them. He spoke out, some listened, some didn't. He is just an entertainer like Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, etc,. As far as I'm concerned he has awakened some out there that wouldn't listen to people like you and me. Yes he back peddled his questions, and thats what he was supposed to do to stay on the air.

Its the same thing like the Glenn Beck interview on the View. Its a job, his show stays on the air because of sponsors, and without those sponsors, he would have no one to awaken.

PEOPLE!! Please do you own research, we think that if your on T.V, that you are the final word. I said that for a few out there, but for those of us that know better then that, we know why he said what he did.

Peace, NRE.

Extremely well said. You don't have to agree with me for me to appreciate an eloquent and thought out response. Bravo!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by danamae23

On the other hand he is banking off of it and you have to ask yourself if he would have done it all if the money wasnt as good as it was for him.

He does indeed get paid for this, and what better way to make money than to pluck the strings of people who are just looking for the truth, sure some of the stuff he says may be true, but things like "we went to iraq for lithium" thats kinda silly, why grab lithium when we can invade and grab oil instead? I wish I could get airtime I would just spend it screaming at the camera for the morons to turn off the tv and research these facts themselves, because if this guy can do it, so can you.

^^ this movie spoke the truth.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
I was going to make a thread as a tribute to Jessy to counter this "thread"

But somebody allready did...

All he´s documentaries here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You don't have to counter anything. Feel free to have an opinion. Be respectful of other's opinions. Have the courage to make your own mind. But don't just get angry because it doesn't fit in your idea of reality. All this is meant to do is inspire thought. We are being led even when we think we are being radical. That is what I want people to think about.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Wow I find it funny how the interview ends exactly at the point when he says it is an 'entertainment show' and not at the actual end of the interview. How much more unreliable and stupid can people get and judge a man on his comments when he has not finished his own explanation.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Never called you stupid, I don't think.

This thread is as misleading as the interview itself.

That was a terrible interview, that guy interviewing Ventura is the real hack.

And once again, he did not "Admit he is full of money/percentages/numbers/@"

Jesse Ventura is not perfect, neither is his show. But he has courage, and he has done his part as an American to question authority and seek alternative truth.

"Conspiracy Theory is an entertainment show, we just use Reality."

Geeeeee. It's television. Come on. The fact that he at least used Reality and made an effort towards waking people up is a GOOD thing, regardless of what you personally think of him or his methods.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Here is the full interview

Now retract your comments based on a fallible source.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It's times like these that I miss William Cooper. My worry about Jesse is that there is something even deeper than he knows pushing him into his "discoveries". TPTB are crafty, manipulative people. God only knows what they are up to and why they let a show like this air. There is a reason, that I know for sure. Now with that said, the show has had some very good episodes. I'm just glad that I hardly eve watch TV, so I really don't get sucked into much of this nonsense. I do worry that too many people are putting too much stock in what this man is putting out there, without doing any research on their own.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I actually wasn't calling you stupid, far from it. I think you understand where Jesse is coming from in that interview. I just find it utterly annoying that people can be easily deceived even on here when there own sources are corrupt.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
If his show has made a fraction of zombie sheep that much more aware of what is happening before them, then he is doing a better job than most of us so called philosophers.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by danamae23
reply to post by Vandalour

he also admitted it on howard stern
edit on 23-4-2011 by danamae23 because: (no reason given)

Admit what ? I dont feel like he´s admitting anything except saying its entertainment, that meaning its the truth served in a entertaining way without getting boring.

Feel free to post a link to that interview you speak about, everyone can come with a statement like that

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

This guy believes HARRP is a weapon.....he is now a phony in my book.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by nahsik

This guy believes HARRP is a weapon.....he is now a phony in my book.

All the data say it is...
What data do you have that say its not ?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

in the other thread someone posted this to me and suggested that i download it and see for myself...

"You should have heard Jesse on Howard Stern's show his last visit, Howard straight up asked if he believed everything on his show. He said and I quote "Oh Howard, it's entertainment, they give me a script, we film, I get paid, it is what it is",

i am trying to find it again because i closed it out but when i do i wll figure out how to post it on here for you but it may take a few minutes cuz im fairly new to ATS and my bf usually shows me how to do things on here but hes sleeping so be patient i will make sure it gets posted

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I have said several times that truth is good thing, regardless of the sources. What I am upset about is the systematic desensitization of the world to the issues that should be making us revolt. What better way than to serve us the truth with paid actors who make the issues look foolish. All these shows do is make us familiar with catch phrases. And we sit back feeling validated because someone had the nerve to finally do it. So we do nothing in return because it's being done. Right? The people on that show see justice in the end, right? Wrong. They go about their business laughing at us who are getting our facts from a former wrestler.

I see the end result of our country's blindness in my job everyday. There is no better way to see the failure of a country than through its homeless.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The following (below) is the full 42 minute uncut interview for the intelligent ATS members who want to know the full context... but by all means, if you are a person who enjoys making conclusions based on an edited 3 minute propaganda videos, the OP's will do perfectly.

Jesse Ventura on CNN w/ Piers Morgan 04/04/11 ( full interview ):
www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-4-2011 by kneverr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I saw this video and this remark is a toungue-in-cheek type comment. you have watch the entrie video to get full context of this comment. Frankly; if people are going to make such sweeping camments as those made by the OP on the basis of an interviewee sharing a joke with an interviewer then I dont think they have to much contribute to this form.

The only explanation I can think of for the OP making such a sweeping claim as in this post on the basis of so little, is that they must be desperate to try and turn ATS's away from Jessie Ventrua.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
So I guess the whole deal with "Conspiracy Theory" is that everything on that show is made up from a script? So in other words it's like 99.99 % of what gets posted on ATS?

edit on 23-4-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join