It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

In all respect, I think you give valid questions to what every person seek's! The truth to me is the most important redeemable value that we each posess. I think that this question comes down to some simple truth's! God says to Moses tell them I AM THAT I AM. This is such an important interpretation of who god is. He say's that he made man in his own image. He must be so wonderesly made since we are so wonderesly made because he created us as a shadow of his self. I believe that he really did make us after himself and the cattle and the fish and beasts and birds after their own kind. I think he is saying that he made them from the clay or dirt from the Earth and that is what he is saying here. Simply subsitute the word "after the Earths kind" for made them out of the Earths materials.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
'We know and we understand, Almighty god is a living man,
you can fool some people sometimes, but you cant fool all the people all the time, now you see the light stand up for your right'

What Did Bob marley mean by these words in his song, get up stand up?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The Bible was written with vowels (A,E,I,O,U) in it. This makes it a tool of the time travellers that controll Earth.

If you would like to know more go to my explanation in the time travel forum.

Sorry to rain on your parade but it's good to get closure.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex

God, in Christian terms is triune. Three persons in one. This does not disagree with that.

Thank you for that. I was not aware that Christians viewed God this way.

Why is it that everyone gets so defensive when I ask about these things? I believe that there is no reason to live if you don't question things. There is a reason for human curiosity. I'm not saying things like "you're out of your mind if you believe this book". I'm asking for clarification of straightforward issues I am having with the text, that is all.

Honestly, this is probablly not the best forum to be asking these types of questions. There are many who are hostile toward any religion, many towards Christianity, and many Christians who have defended their faith on here so long that they have developed a not so nice attitude waiting for the next person to jump on them. These questions might be better asked on an actual forum that is geared towards Christianity. They are more willing to help someone understand things about the Bible.

I believe this is still a good Christian forum ChristianFourms.net

For some of the really tough questions you will come across Answers in Geneisis

Something brand new. I honestly believe quantum physicists are getting closer to answering those really off the wall statements in the bible such as as 1000 years being as 1 day for God, Hebrews 11:3, Colossians 1:17, and just the beginning of many things we can't understand. Things that even boggles the physicists minds. How are we suppose to really know and understand the mysteries of God, when scientists have really just scratched the surface?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

Its so awesome when you understand the truth that christ jesus brought us..........

Yes, and that truth was, LOVE EACH OTHER. He did not say, "Start a religion," or, "I am now God, worship me." Now look at what people did with those simple words.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Actually im really open minded, Because im not stuck to the confiding level of science, Gods knowledge goes before that, If he created the universe with his hands, and named every star and planet, Dont you think that he could understand a little bit of algebra?, Or the basics on fundementals of Theoretical Physics

I cant believe the rubbish i hear coming from people that try cause flaws in the word of God, Or gods existance, If you read the OT, you would see gods personality!, Jesus was God in the flesh, through his name we have dominion over all Things, whether thrones, principalites, kingdoms, this is something no one understands, Not even christians.

As i am working in indonesia, training at bible school, as an evangelist, Im 19 years of age, and i have already gone to the sickenly homeless areas, where people live under bridges, People that have nothing, but still hold on to the word of God, and thats so awesome to me, That people are even though have nothing, They still know thier inheritence as children of God, (abbah father), And the ministry i work for, IS ALL ABOUT PEOPLE, they are doing what jesus did, and would want us to do, Not staying to the confinds of a church wall and playing holy, having chariot rides, or getting taken up in the spirit, Those things are good, But jesus wants us to do what he did, Eat with the sinners, Cast out devils, Travel and share his work, heal the sick, Raise the dead, Give to the poor, And bless those that curse you!.

So many people have forgotten what our purpose here on earth as christones is.
Im just thankful im with people who are driven by love and compassion for people, Not by money and violence, Or anger and fame, This makes me sick, And i will not be labeled as such!

edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

Oh so you do believe there is a universe then? In that case, why did 'god' only make one planet, Earth. As so many of you dont believe in aliens. Wouldn't it be more sense to make lots of planets with human life on them, to spread his 'word' ???

Religion is the root of all wars. Thought your meant to love thy neighbour not blow them up??

My grandmother died last year could you please 'raise her from the dead for me'

Any finally, maybe you should start re-training other Christians not to be lead by money, violence, anger and fame before trying to convert the wiser people of this earth.....

edit on 21-3-2011 by iWokeUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

I think man created god

Well, I know one thing. If God did not exist, man would be forced to invent one. Humans trying to figure out who and what the Ultimate Creator(s) are is like a small child trying to figure out how a computer works. It is a guessing game.
edit on 3/21/11 by autowrench because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The Corpus Hermeticum has a good answer for this. God is an entirely different concept than the beings of the universe. We cannot conceive of anything past our local temporal reality without a consciousness of past and future movement. We are a finite mind and God is infinite all at once. According to Hermes, God is pure consciousness and we are a construct inside His mind. Since there is no material outside of God to use for creation, what exists to us is not made from what is seen. All we know is made from abstract thought, just as Hebrews 11 states:

1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Light (Genesis) and Word (John 1); particle and wave; the duality of two becoming the miracle of one thing. Read the Emerald Tablet. Read the Corpus Hermeticum. Read anywhere you like. It all points to the same thing. Is God an Alien? YES. An alien is not us and doesn't live where we live. It would be more appropriate to call ourselves the aliens, as we are only travelers here in this reality. The illusion of this material world is only an image for the real reality of what is not seen. It's all consciousness.

As you read this, you have traveled thousands of miles in space. You have never been in the same place twice, EVER! The earth has never been the same twice. You have never been the same twice. All observation is transient. Nothing remains the same aside from its source. A river cannot rise above its source and we cannot rise above God in thought. All we know flows from one source. Pride is thinking we can match the flow in any way.

Originally posted by 2012king
Here is something that bugs me.... if god is everywhere and everything, surely that would make him a being of some sort. what created him? if he exists, he must have come to existance somehow, and if he did, he cant have created himself..... and i know this will get answered with the whole "gods time is different and we have no comprehension of it" or whatever, but everything has to start somewhere right? and also i know this is really going to make a few people mad, but has anybody ever thought that maybe mary wasnt a virgin, and it was all just a story that got out of hand? i think you know what i mean.....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
A common trend I've seen in this thread:

Many self-proclaimed Christians have attempted to answer the OP's question of who is "us" and "our".

There have been about 15 different answers to that, ranging from "God and Jesus", "The Trinity", "God and Angels" etc etc etc. All of you have spoken with a manner of "Well, as a matter of fact".. And spoke your words as though you know for certain. You all subscribe to the same religion, yet none of you can agree on what the Bible and "word of god" is saying. This is a common theme in Christianity as a whole.. How many different denominations are there? They all read the same book or a derivative of.. None of them teach the same thing. Catholicism is very ritualistic and Southern Baptist is all about the living word and the now. They both talk about heaven and hell, but how you get there is skewed from one to the other. Catholicism is much more devout. Is Baptist the lazy mans Christianity? I think not. At least not if you ask a Baptist. I bet many of you have been asked if you are a Christian and you have replied, "Yes!"... But you didn't feel the need to specify what denomination... None of them are the same, none of them teach the same exact thing. They may be similar but there is always a glaring difference. Why listen to someone else in a "sometimes" black suit read and regurgitate the information from a book to you and choose the way you interpret it? Why not do it yourself? It would be equally as productive and probably more informative. How are you so certain that a non-Christian is incorrect, when you cannot even decide who is right within your own belief?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's called faith. If it were fact, there would be no faith. Compare this to God as the author of a story. Instead of telling us the story as fact, He allows us to live within the story and have a unique role to play within the story. We can control nothing apart from our belief. All our actions only engage a law within the universe that answers our action. God is in total control. Free will is only a choice to believe as you witness the story. 'Us', 'Our' is irrelevant to what we are in relation. Faith is the substance of what is hoped for. Love is what remains. 1 Corinthians 13. Faith, Hope and LOVE is what we are here to witness. God is the judge and Christ is the advocate. Satan, whatever he is, is the adversary to overcome. I assume there will be a twist at the end of the story that we never expected. God is an amazing author.

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
A common trend I've seen in this thread:

Many self-proclaimed Christians have attempted to answer the OP's question of who is "us" and "our".

There have been about 15 different answers to that, ranging from "God and Jesus", "The Trinity", "God and Angels" etc etc etc. All of you have spoken with a manner of "Well, as a matter of fact".. And spoke your words as though you know for certain. You all subscribe to the same religion, yet none of you can agree on what the Bible and "word of god" is saying. This is a common theme in Christianity as a whole.. How many different denominations are there? They all read the same book or a derivative of.. None of them teach the same thing. Catholicism is very ritualistic and Southern Baptist is all about the living word and the now. They both talk about heaven and hell, but how you get there is skewed from one to the other. Catholicism is much more devout. Is Baptist the lazy mans Christianity? I think not. At least not if you ask a Baptist. I bet many of you have been asked if you are a Christian and you have replied, "Yes!"... But you didn't feel the need to specify what denomination... None of them are the same, none of them teach the same exact thing. They may be similar but there is always a glaring difference. Why listen to someone else in a "sometimes" black suit read and regurgitate the information from a book to you and choose the way you interpret it? Why not do it yourself? It would be equally as productive and probably more informative. How are you so certain that a non-Christian is incorrect, when you cannot even decide who is right within your own belief?

edit on 21-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
This will be deleted in a matter of hours.
There are lots of christians on here who wont hear a bad thing said against there fictitious god/book.
The bible is 100% truth.....heres another christian bashing thread.....why only bash the bible....blah blah blah

Ha

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Many people wrote the bible over a period of centuries. Some books of the bible are not included in what is today, THE bible. The powers of the church want to dictate what is taught as "god's word" You are being indoctrinated to think a certain way, as much as any cult. Not bible or christian bashing, but if you keep reading, you're going to have a lot more questions than answers.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I can tell you friend "they" meant and I’m sure you'll realize when you read a little farther that he was talking to the "Angels" Thus god made an angel angry by creating a creature in his form in a lesser than perfect body and let them have free will, creating all the evil upon earth that will envelope and destroy us all, but luckily for us, God went down in a jumpsuit and a toga, calling himself Jesus, even has a golden pimp grail, lets his hologram get beat and nailed to a cross, best part though... he gets the Romans to let him of the crucifix(must have cost him a fortune). But it’s all going to be ok now, because anytime we do something bad we say a Hail Mary, give $5 on Sunday and its going to be ok! The futures looking bright, yeah baby! ...uh oh wait oh damn looks like I'LL have to read a little farther, what’s this about what happens when the Jews returning to Israel?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Has any other book,
been,
more scrutinized then the Bible?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by canofnothing

It seems like smarter people tend to not read it, other wise they were drilled by it as a child and now can't see the issues since they have been exposed to it so long. But when you take a smart conspiracy knowledgeable guy like your self then it is quite visible if you know what to look for and ignore other's explanations.

Here's my problem. It says "When struck by fellow man, instead of fighting back turn thy other check.". Why would any one want to do that. A better way of wording it would be "Don't fight out of anger" or something, but sometimes you have to fight back. It could have at least given the option to block.

Also does anyone know what the word "sin" even means, or what language it's from. Cause it might not mean something bad. But as far as that goes "Lust", not important in my book, it's actually a good thing. "Lieing" also not a problem and sometimes necessary or fun. "Killing" sometimes necessary. Ect. "Sabbath" Pointless. "Honor your parents"... Why? They sound like controll rules. "Don't kill the Roman's if they hit you and take your food".

If I made a book it would say "You know what is right and wrong so don't be a jerk".

I don't mean to trash talk any Christians. I my self used to be one cause I knew nothing else.
edit on 20-3-2011 by canofnothing because: My apologize to the Christians.

hmmm, looking at your examples, you should probably be confined by authorities. I guess you never learned your morals from the bible, but I bet you can blame it for whatever reasons you make about how it must effect others in some baaaaaaaad way.
so, "you know what is right, don't be a jerk"
Unless you don't know what is right, as your examples show. I gotta say, you are one guy that could use moral guidance found in scripture.

as for the op, you have now seen what happens when men follow "traditions of men" rather than the Bible itself.
You have to wade through it all now.
Hebrew words tell a story unto themselves, they are very desriptive.
You will need to do word studies and learn who to trust.
I have always liked EW Bullingers Bible study tools. My suggestion is to keep reading and at first read and absorb like a sponge and you will find alot of it exemplifies other parts and gives more insight.
Give the Holy Spirit room to teach.
He is the Spirit teacher, the Bible is the lesson manual.
seek the spirit in prayer to discern spiritual truths when you read.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
For everyone on this thread discussing (and maybe cussing) about who/what God is, are you all aware that besides God being Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the Book of Revelation mentions the "seven spirits of God." That makes nine. How about that?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Asherah was not the Wife of God she was a fertility goddess and the wife of Baal, not the one true God.

OK, I will take that statement as a fact from someone who knows all about these things, alright? Could you please be so kind as to name the one true God? So us researchers can look up everything about him or her and decide for ourselves?

Asherah was not the only Goddess in the Bible you know.

There was Ephesians (Acts 19:37) She was an Ephesian Moon and nature Goddess.
"For you have brought these men here who are neither sacrilegious nor blasphemers of our Goddess.:

There was Succoth-benoth or Succoth Benoth. She was thought to be a Babylonian deity, one of the deities of the city of Samaria mentioned by name in 2 Kings 17:30.

There was Diana of the Ephesians. Acts 19:28
"And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians."

There was Ashima. (Asima) is one of several Female Deities protecting the individual cities of Samaria who are mentioned specifically by name in 2 Kings 17:30 in the Hebrew Bible.

These were real, living, Goddesses who watched over and protected humans. There were also many "other" Gods in the Bible, many of whom insisted on being called "Lord." When a person says, "God," this is a title, not a proper name. The Gods and Goddesses directly associated with humankind are quite human, it seems, and some, including me would have to say there were in fact ET beings, and not Gods at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jayksy
reply to post by DrCarter

Read 'THE SHINING ONES' by Philip Gardiner. Very very good read.

Read it,

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Issue 1 relates to archaic language, issue 2 can possibly be a henotheistic version of Elohim or possibly based in translation into the royal plural in the KJV.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So since god is the creator of everything, he must of created all 300 sextillion stars in the Universe right? Seems like a lot of work to me.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join