It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ok my thought on the bible is this
If the God that is spoken about in the bible is just as Powerful/All seeing/All knowing how ever you want to put it....
Wouldn't he have not known the out come of his creation (Man) ??
Im sure a life form that created a universe with the wave of their hands would know already who would go against
them?
And also would have known that Eve would have had the forbidden fruit and had to be cast out of Edan
And known just how his creations were going to be taken by evil so bad he was going to have to flood the land to kill them off

He would he also know right now just who is going to make it to heaven and who is not
Why have the people who are not going to make it have to go through all the pain and suffering
Wouldn't it have just been easier to wave his hands create heaven and then click his fingers and have all the people who were going to make it to heaven there
Sounds faster easier and far more humane to me and that is what i cant comprehend

I would also like to state that I respect anyones opinion/beliefs
Im not here to bash anyone for there opinions/beliefs

Religion is not for me so please respect MY OPINION

edit on 21-3-2011 by Bossdog82 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DrCarter

The way I see things is like this. We have been guided down the path of the elite not Gods path. Like Peter who walked on water like Jesus. If Jesus taught Peter to walk on water where is this info so we all can do this.

I know I hit something on this one topic. It's starting to make sense to me very well. The bible was re done so the TPTB or TPCG would always be in control of us. Its true but worded differently then its true nature, just like the 100th Monkey Theory I found while researching. Mostly all of these wars were religious in nature

100th Monkey Theory, A must read, Thus, when a certain critical number achieves an awareness, this new awareness may be communicated from mind to mind. Although the exact number may vary, this Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon means that when only a limited number of people know of a new way TPTB or TPCG, it may remain the conscious property of these people. But there is a point at which if only one more person tunes-in to a new awareness, a field is strengthened so that this awareness is picked up by almost everyone!

THE GREAT MYSTERY
All of us who gather together to consider the changing world and the startling
signs in the heavens above are given to consider the great mystery that so many
in the traditions of religion have totally missed.
The eye.
The single eye.
The importance of the single eye is stated clearly in a Biblical Jesus statement.
Matthew 6:22. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be single,
your whole body shall be full of light.

CHRISTIANS COMMENT ON
THE SINGLE EYE
If you go on the internet and look up single eye you will see many comments from
Christian writers who never go near the possibility that the single eye Jesus is
referring to is the pineal gland of the brain to be activated during meditation.
You see if they admit that that is what Jesus is referring to, then their whole
approach to his teachings is destroyed, because they abhor anything that has to
do with the methods of the East or meditation which rises above the thoughts of
the mind.
They cannot handle that.
The Christian commentator will say that Jesus was not talking about the Eastern
Single eye or the Pineal Gland, that he was talking about keeping yourself
focused on one truth.
That truth is Jesus and the Christian way.
That is how they define the term single eye.
The Bible itself however, offers significant information to show that the term single
eye was talking about meditation above the mind and activation of the Pineal
Gland of the brain.

WHAT DOES THE BIBLICAL TERM SINGLE EYE REALLY MEAN ?

Jesus says, if your eye be single your body will fill with light.
Christians say he is telling us to keep focused on him , I am saying that Jesus is
saying to activate the Pineal Gland in meditation.
First of all, when Jesus says if your eye be single your body will fill with light, how
does the Bible define what God is and what light is ?
Numbers 23:19. God is not a man
So this entity we call God is clearly defined in the Bible as non human.
1 John 1:5. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare
unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
Here the Bible clearly identifies God as a light being. A photon.
So then we could turn that statement of Jesus concerning the single eye to read
like this.
Matthew 6:22. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be single,
your whole body shall be full of God.
I am connecting the single eye with the Pineal Gland.
The Bible connects God with light.
The Pineal Gland is the light receptor of the Body.
Jacob of the Old Testament has an experience with God and what does he call
the place where this experience occurs.

Genesis 32:30. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

www.hiddenmeanings.com...

Also when Jesus is asked master, master how do you peform these things? Jesus says it is not I but the father within. Folks this is where we stand today. We must all learn this. We are all the image of God and then some.
In the bible there is no mention of Jews. Why? Go do some research.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

so we are all in somebodys head? come on, im sure you can do better than that. do you not have a theory that is not designed and written in such a way that it is impossible to prove?
if god exists he was created. no matter what he is, be it alien or earth itself he was created by something.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My feelings about the Bible summed up so well by this amusing anecdote

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath.. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.Your devoted fan, Jim.

edit on 21-3-2011 by UndisclosedDesire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

The part that says "Let us make man in our image" is explained to us in a later verse in John 16:27-28 "for the Father Himself does love you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from Elohim. I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the father"

It says that the Son Yahuwshuwah was inside His Father in the beginning, and that is why it says let US make man in our image. Yahuwah the Creator was speaking for both of them in the beginning.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king

so we are all in somebodys head? come on, im sure you can do better than that. do you not have a theory that is not designed and written in such a way that it is impossible to prove?
if god exists he was created. no matter what he is, be it alien or earth itself he was created by something.

Christianity 101 tells us that He is non-created, pre-existent, and ever-living.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

what did he do before he supposedly created us then? he must have been pretty bored

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
reply to post by Lazarus Short

what did he do before he supposedly created us then? he must have been pretty bored

I think we, or even the whole universe, are God's hobby.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
WOW!

Intense thread is intense.

it goes 8 or 9 pages after a reply, there is no way people can keep up..

Crikey!

link   

There was a whole civilization on the earth before Adam (Isa 14). It was called the pre-adamic age. God put Lucifer in charge of the earth. When he turned against God (he became satan), the earth became without form and void (Gen 1:2)
Then God redid everything and put Adam and Eve on the earth and satan came and tempted Eve and she ate the fruit and then she gave the fruit to Adam and he ate it and satan got back his rule over the earth.

edit on 3/21/2011 by texastig because: adding to my post.

edit on 3/21/2011 by texastig because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by Akragon

Actually the concept of evil and good, Came from the fruit of the tree knowledge of good and evil rofl. Its written in genesis, Cause man ate the fruit and sinned against God, Theres eyes were opened to what is right and what is wrong, There ya go

Yes, that is true. but didn't God lie to Adam and Eve? He told them they would die if they ate from the tree. They ate, but didn't die. Explain please?
"Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 3:1"
(KJV)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
It's called faith. If it were fact, there would be no faith. Compare this to God as the author of a story. Instead of telling us the story as fact, He allows us to live within the story and have a unique role to play within the story. We can control nothing apart from our belief. All our actions only engage a law within the universe that answers our action. God is in total control. Free will is only a choice to believe as you witness the story. 'Us', 'Our' is irrelevant to what we are in relation. Faith is the substance of what is hoped for. Love is what remains. 1 Corinthians 13. Faith, Hope and LOVE is what we are here to witness. God is the judge and Christ is the advocate. Satan, whatever he is, is the adversary to overcome. I assume there will be a twist at the end of the story that we never expected. God is an amazing author.

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
A common trend I've seen in this thread:

Many self-proclaimed Christians have attempted to answer the OP's question of who is "us" and "our".

There have been about 15 different answers to that, ranging from "God and Jesus", "The Trinity", "God and Angels" etc etc etc. All of you have spoken with a manner of "Well, as a matter of fact".. And spoke your words as though you know for certain. You all subscribe to the same religion, yet none of you can agree on what the Bible and "word of god" is saying. This is a common theme in Christianity as a whole.. How many different denominations are there? They all read the same book or a derivative of.. None of them teach the same thing. Catholicism is very ritualistic and Southern Baptist is all about the living word and the now. They both talk about heaven and hell, but how you get there is skewed from one to the other. Catholicism is much more devout. Is Baptist the lazy mans Christianity? I think not. At least not if you ask a Baptist. I bet many of you have been asked if you are a Christian and you have replied, "Yes!"... But you didn't feel the need to specify what denomination... None of them are the same, none of them teach the same exact thing. They may be similar but there is always a glaring difference. Why listen to someone else in a "sometimes" black suit read and regurgitate the information from a book to you and choose the way you interpret it? Why not do it yourself? It would be equally as productive and probably more informative. How are you so certain that a non-Christian is incorrect, when you cannot even decide who is right within your own belief?

edit on 21-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

So, you only further proved my point.

I commend your efforts, but you have simply just given me another answer to add to the ever growing list. What makes you certain that you are correct, when every other Christian in this thread has said something noticeably different?

You don't need to convince me of anything. I have already come to peace with this world, and my life. I know God, at least in the respect that God is something I cannot explain and something that binds everything together. I don't necessarily believe that God is a being. God is an idea. I will forever gaze in amazement at the wonders of this reality. I took it upon myself, after years of indoctrination, to find the truth. I don't need someone to tell me how to interpret a book. Religion and spirituality are two completely different things. Being in tune with the energy, the force of life, the unexplained.. That is spirituality. Sitting on a wooden bench once a week, giving your cash to a con, and listening to someone tell you that you must believe in a magical being in the clouds... or else.. Is religion.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex

"1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

I will concur that the bible is referencing "his kind" as species or at least categories of animals. The Bible tends to substitute the male pronoun whenever possible however, which adds to confusion to an already confusing text.

"Let the earth bring forth" may be setting the paradigm for reproduction... Sort of another way of saying "go forth and multiply". Just a thought of mine.

Originally posted by ChaosComplex
"1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

I know that many people refer to the trinity here, and that may be true. However I feel that the original setting down was more likely a much simpler concept. The trinity came later with the new testament. I think it is likely that it simply means in a human form, and that the form of God was similar.

On another note, if you wish to read the bible in it's original form 'olde english' will not help you. Latin will not help you. You need to go back further, and learn hebrew (old testament) and greek (new testament).

I think this is a commendable thread, and that your perspective and level headed-ness in the face of defensiveness and snide remarks from both sides is even more so.

For the record, I believe in God although I am not certain about the specifics of that force. I am well grounded in Christian doctrine, and somewhat in the Bible as well. However, I am no (longer a) Christian.

(The usual disclaimer... Please note all that follows is strictly my opinion).

I believe the Bible is an intensely interesting document, and that there are many truths. There are many parts of it that may very well be The Word Of God handed down to human beings; however, also I feel that there are many parts of it that are simply human beings trying to control other human beings, or perhaps occasionally get Gods Word garbled. As a result it is a difficult, convoluted, contradictory document that should never, ever be interpreted literally in its entirety.

Once more, I think you manifest an outstanding approach in asking your questions; and whether you are seeking God, or simply seeking truth (although many of us would say they are one and the same in the end), good luck on your journey.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I feel like religion should be more personal. Not some giant congregation swept through the rings every week.
And on the bible, i think it is not meant to be taken literally. I think its a representation of the dawn of civilized man, not actually the story of the first man.

And of course lets not forget the bible was written entirely by men. Which means from the moment the idea was processed it was corrupted. Therefore you cant take the bible, or any religious text for that matter, as concrete evidence/proof/gods pure word.

I feel like we are at the point where we as a species should/ and need to, evolve past the need for religion.

Its historic proof, that the church has prosecuted scientists, denounced the practice of science, and for the most part held back the development of science/technology/medicine/philosophy in order to preserve the church.

So ^ the church was made by man, NOT GOD, is run by man, NOT GOD, and benefits man, NOT GOD.

P.S. You cant provide scriptures as the answer for every question about the bible, its just not logical, you have to look outside of religion in order to prove weather or not it is factual.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Not too awful long ago I postulated the theory that Jesus and Lucifer
Are one, and the same. Care to comment? Bore called "Morning Sta," both are "Bringers of Light," and I have read through the Bible several times over, and have seen nothing that Lucifer, or Satan ever did to harm humankind. Not one thing.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
The more I read, the confuseder I get.

I thought I had read about all the creatures on earth, except those in the ark with Noah, being drownd in the great flood.

If this be true, how were there any of these hybreds of "the sons of God" left to be killed by the Hebrew people?
The Hebrew were not established as a people until after they left Egypt; or atleast after the cutting of the covenent with Abraham.

This is a long strech of time.

Were they killed by the flood or did they simply lie dormant for a few thousand years?

I think it helps people make a better argument if they keep their facts and time lines straight.

I seem to remember reading somewhere in the Bible, that it was a man's faith which is required as well as his works to be admitted into heaven. To me, faith is one of those things which can not be "beaten" into someone.

If that were so the Spainish Inqusition did more for the kingdom of heaven than all the preachings of Jesus.

After Adam and Eve got kicked out of the garden of Eden, after awhile the sons of God wanted the daughters of man. The sons of God are also referred to as fallen angels or nephilim if you ever run across that word. They produced the hybreds or giants in the land. God saw only Noah and his family to be pure. God had Noah build an ark, and God caused a flood to kill the rest of the people and animals that were not on the ark.

Did God wipe them out because most of the population became hybreds, they were sinners, or the sons of God introduced sins that man should have never known or would have thought of. For example it would be like a teen sneaking into porn sites behind mom's back to see what it is all about, and then being introduced to a very sick and depraved bondage site through a link intermixed with the porn links.

Since very little is said about this time period, I think this may be where many of our myths, legends, and mythological creatures came from. Everything from Hercules to the unicorn. It is interesting to note that the Bible does mention the unicorn in Job 39:9. Makes one wonder exactly what is mythological and what isn't.

The Bible says to get into heaven one has to believe that God sent in son to us to die on the cross for our sins so that we do not have to experience the second death in the lake of fire. All we need to do is to accept the gift of salvation Jesus offers to us.

There is no amount of work we can do to gain our salvation. If we did, we would have to work until we die, and that wouldn't even be enough, since everyone sins every day knowingly or unknowingly. By the time you die, there would still be sins you committed that you still haven't covered with work. You really don't have a chance.

I'm glad God offered salvation as a gift to us instead.

Also I gave you a star for the Spanish Inquisition comment. That was brilliant.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

the world is 4000 years old too, NOT

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i usually dont discuss religion here any more because people tend to get angry but i thought i would throw i little idea i have had about such a subject and if any one disagrees, you can stick it where the sun dont shine .

we have to look at the words "as below, so above". what is of God on the earth is of God in heaven.
just like how the ark of the covenant on earth is a replica of one that is in heaven. i think that anything natural on the earth was created from the likeness of what is in heaven. when God said that he made man in "our" likeness, he was most likely talking about himself and Jesus or the angels.

this is a reason that i feel that the idea of dna manipulation to create life on earth is not that far fetched. God, Jesus and the angels were around before the heavens and the earth were created. the definition of "heavens" is really up for interpretation when it comes to how far our sky gos. is it just our solar system? is it our galaxy? or is it the whole universe? God, Jesus and the angels being galactic or dimensional beings, is not far fetched at all.

if there is a such place as heaven it can easily be interpreted as an other planet, universe, or dimension. so if heaven is an actual place where beings live then why couldn't there be animals and plants? and if there is, why not replicate their design? it does save a lot of time lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Sounds more like stem cell research type stuff to me then surgery

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by PoorFool

And if you are still affected by time itself, then you are not God. You are a member of the physical universe.

Another part of the bible does describe aliens. and makes a clear division between them. 1 Corinthians 15

Sorry, no cookie. First Corinthians 15 is as follows:
"Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not."

Where are the aliens here? The very concept of alien visitors from other worlds is quite an important issue in these times. Why? Because the notion that there exists life on other planets will confront many fundamental Christian beliefs, as there is no mention of this in the Bible. In the event that the existence of alien life becomes a known fact, questions as to the origin of life will come to bear. Judging from the modern take, or perspective on the theories of the origin of man/womankind, orthodox Christianity will suffer a dilemma like never before.

The Bible does have a great deal to say about [aliens]. It speaks of their existence in many verses, and specifically mentions their alliance with Satan.
So where did Satan come from? The terms "Angels", "Fallen Angels", "Demons", "Hosts of Heaven", "Stars", "Creatures", "Sons of God", and the "Nephilim", also known as "Rapha", or "Rephaim", all refer to Giants, don't they?

There are what humans call "aliens," and there are ET Beings from other worlds, other dimensions. Et beings are not Demons, and are not Satan's Army, and some are want to claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join