It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 56
<< 53  54  55   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by Hremes333
reply to post by Wonders

you dont really know who wrote the bible or if its accurate
Thanks for the accusations. Can you say that you know who these "Scientists" are and whether they be accurate. Same difference. What I do know is that God and Jesus are real, that, to me, is square one.

Yeah, actually. All scientists can be sourced and their work can be analyzed and critiqued. The Bible is just a book written by a conglomerate of people chosen by a random church group as better than others. Only tradition makes it seem truthful to people like you, in my experience. It's all cultural upbringing. Imagine. If you were raised in a Muslim family, would you believe the Koran? Science doesn't require indoctrination and belief. It is testable, questionable, and falsifiable. The Bible just says, "take me on faith."

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I disagree. There is so much more I'd like to say. But from your post I can safely assume that you have no desire to understand the bible, to go further with you on this subject would be a waste of my learning time. Good day.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

We have no perspective to understand God's origin. It would be presumptuous to assume you can understand apart from observation while trapped in an alternate material reality. When you exist as a spirit, you will have perspective. I will assume I don't know and be fine with that thought. As for the fact that we live in a created reality which is based on consciousness, consider your dreams. They seem real, but are they? They are a conscious reflection of your reality here and less real than when you are awake. Be assured that we will wake up from this reality one day and realize that it was all an illusion in similar fashion. The main point to the story line of this reality is faith first, then hope and finally it was all done for love. 1 Corinthians 13.

I agree with you 100%! Here is what I wrote on the subject, which is part of the intro to a short story I wrote over the course of several years and 21 drafts:

"...the distorted way that dreams reflect our waking lives. We accept these distortions when we are in the dream because we exist there under the Law of Dreaming. While we are under this Law, we never stop to think (and I have come to believe we cannot think) of where we really are. And where is that? Of course! We are, generally, snug in our beds. When we awaken, we say “Oh, it was only a dream!” and we get on with our lives, under the Law of Waking. We think, if we think about it at all, that we now know where we are – right here and now – but I cannot help but wonder if “where we are” is yet another place, still unknown to us."

In short, I don't think our existence is anything like the materialistic concept.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
reply to post by Varemia

I disagree. There is so much more I'd like to say. But from your post I can safely assume that you have no desire to understand the bible, to go further with you on this subject would be a waste of my learning time. Good day.

Nah, the Bible's a great book if you want spiritual guidance in some way, but it just has no foundation in reality. You simply cannot compare biblical texts to science.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

The scientific community is more trial, error and personal discrepancy. The considerable amount of bias and favoritism latent in it results in alot of counter-intuitive ideas being ridiculed, and inextremis reprimanded. Unfortunately, most people take their findings at face value without any skepticism.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by UB2120
reply to post by ChaosComplex

There are many passages like that in the Bible. Another one, genesis 4:16, Cain left the garden of eden and went to the land of Nod and got himself a wife. Land of Nod? I thought Adam and Eve were the first human's? How is there a land with people?

I had many questions like that when reading the Bible. Another one was the existance of dinosaurs, no where in the Bible are they mentioned.

I went in quest of answers and found The Urantia Book. It's a book about science, philosophy and religion. The book worked for me, it may not for you but please check it out. (www.urantia.org...) You can read it online for free and even download the audio book version.

Exactly....I started a thread on this about 2 yrs ago.

Land of Nod? Wife?

In my opinion, this proves more so of the Ancient Alien Theory; there was a race of extraterrestrials on our planet who had genetically engineered humans by binding the DNA of primates with their own.

Humans have about 96% that is not recognized, termed 'junk DNA', and 4% primate DNA.

We did not evolve from primates, but they are in our ancestry.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Text"1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." What? Let US make? In OUR image? After OUR likeness? What the... How can no one have an issue with this? edit on 3/20/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)
reply to post by ChaosComplex

OP this is one of the greatest lies the churches of men have not told the masses. First off you need to look at Genesis 1:2 it says ........and the earth WAS void and without form . The word Was is translated incorrectly it is the Hebrew word .....hayah which means TO BECOME . So verse Gen. 1:2 should read ......... And the earth became void and without form . God destroyed the world that was because of Satan and the bible is the story of the RECREATION after the great flood not the flood of Noah.

So verse 1:26 of genesis when God speaks of OUR IMAGE AND OUR LIKENESS is speaking or us who would be born of the water without memory of the first earth age. genesis 1:26 our the first people and all the races placed on earth to restart the world that was. Tis is why in verse 1:28 of Genesis God tells us to REPLENISH THE WORLD which also tells us it was once full of people.

There are very few churches that teach the truth of Gods word and this is due to Satan . When the bible talks of Adam and Eve and all living coming from them it only means spiritually living because Jesus would come thru their bloodline .

People also misread the account of Noah and the flood to kill the giants which came from the angels that crossed their dimension of existence to mate with woman. If you read closely what the bible says it says in verse 6:1 of Genesis Noah was perfect in his generations , in other words he could trace his linage all the way back to Adam and Eve and none of His family had married the sixth day creations or the angels that crossed their plane of existence . So their was a pure bloodline that Jesus could be born thru , which is also why God wanted his chosen people to remain pure in their bloodline and not breed with others.

In genesis 6:19 Noah is told to take TWO OF ALL FLESH that means two of all the races excluding the angels that left their plane and their children the giants , they were not of flesh and soulless so they were not to be saved.

Many say this is all. Ullcrap but if you properly divide the word of God the truth of this is undeniable for instance God hated Esau before he was ever in the womb, how can this be ? Easy because of what Esau did in the first earth age . The same with Jerimiah the prophet God said he chose him before he was ever born , again , how ? From what he did to fight against Satan on the first earth age.peace hope I helped.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaremiaNah, the Bible's a great book if you want spiritual guidance in some way, but it just has no foundation in reality. You simply cannot compare biblical texts to science.

Pardon me, but that's just not true! In the book of Daniel, we see Daniel propose a little experiment in diet to his overseer. As far as I know, this is the very earliest-known statement of the scientific method. We see the hypotheses (falsifiable too - very scientific), the experimental group, and the control group. A classic. The chapter and verse is Daniel 1:8-20.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by VaremiaNah, the Bible's a great book if you want spiritual guidance in some way, but it just has no foundation in reality. You simply cannot compare biblical texts to science.

Pardon me, but that's just not true! In the book of Daniel, we see Daniel propose a little experiment in diet to his overseer. As far as I know, this is the very earliest-known statement of the scientific method. We see the hypotheses (falsifiable too - very scientific), the experimental group, and the control group. A classic. The chapter and verse is Daniel 1:8-20.

I agree. There is a lot of science (advanced) in the bible.

I equate this to extraterrestrial beings of a much more advanced race being on Earth.

God' in a sense that the word god is what ancient civilizations called the more advanced extraterrestrials that were here on our planet...

not the 'magic wand' god.

Those aliens were in fact using science:

1. Genetic engineering (Genesis 1:26)
2. Artificial Insemination ( the impregnation of Mary)
3. Weapons of Mass Destruction ( Soddam and Gomorrah-nuclear)
4. HAARP (Gilgamesh- the epic flood)
5. Submarines (Jonah's 'whale)
6. Rockets/ space craft- (chariots of fire/ fire breathing dragons)

and so on....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

I equate this to extraterrestrial beings of a much more advanced race being on Earth.
God' in a sense that the word god is what ancient civilizations called the more advanced extraterrestrials that were here on our planet...

and so on....

What people. Equate with ET in the bible I say are the watchers God send to keep an eye on us , in the beginning God sent watcher angels to teach us the way of the world and how to survive , god himself in the first chapter of Exekiel visits him in a ship of some sort that Ezekiel does his best to explain.

Another thing people do not understand in the story of genesis is that one day to god is a thousand years to man so the story of the recreation of the world upto the garden of Eden encompasses 8000 years. The sixth day creation of all the races gave them a two thousand year head start on Adam and Eve were Jesus and his bloodline come from hence all the living meaning spiritually .

We also have to remember that our advisory the devil had two thousand years to teach false religions which people site all the time as the bible stealing from .

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

But remember: Adversary does not mean 'evil'...it just means opponent.

Satan simply had an opposing view to the Lord God's.

And he wasn't teaching 'evil' or false religion. He was teaching enlightenment (hence the nickname 'Lucifer') and he initiated the revolt against the tyrannical Lord God. Yes, we a Lord God's enemy; but not humanity's.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

and so on....

You may be correct on one level, but I believe, based on some fairly extensive reading on the subject, that "aliens" are none other than demons.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Could be correct. Even still, that just means demons are an 'ancient' word for a malevolent race of extraterrestrials.

Point is, they are extraterrestrial.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Demons in what religious pretext? The concept of a demon greatly varies from religion to religion, for instance the Mesopotamian's regarded demons as protectors and servers of the gods, while Judaism describe them as strictly malevolent.

Through my own research, I believe that the secret to the ancient alien theory lies in the Bible, if it is read correctly, how it was originally written. It is an all encompassing book, no other central religious book has had it's validity withheld like it. It is the most consistent genealogical and historical, sacred text in the world. That being said, I do not speak of the Bible in a condescending manner toward other religious books, they all have unmistakable parallels, it is just that the other books fail to accurately detail the origins of mankind.

Here are just a few key points:

1. In the beginning of genesis, we have the Elohim or the gods creating the world as we know it. Then they proceed to make Adam in their image

2. We have the Elohim in genesis observing their creations, not liking what they see they decide to destroy mankind, but the Lord aids one man, Noah.

3. Then a very peculiar thing happens after the flood. The world has been cleansed, but man has demonstrated to the Lord that his approach of being the god of the entire world has only yielded evil, so he decides to divide up the nations of the Earth.

"These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood." -Genesis 10:32

Genesis 10 lists the descendants of Noah's 3 sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth. These 3 sons and their descendants 70 in total would repopulate the entire earth.

So to whom was the Earth divided to:

"When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when eh separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of people according to the number of the sons of God." Duet 32:8 (sons of God is my translation of the words)

"For the lords own portion own portion is his people; Jacob (Israel) is the lot of his inheritance"

So there we have it, the Lord after the flood chose to be the patron god of Israel, a central theme repeated throughout every religion, and the rest of mankind was given to his sons. There were 70 sons of God, they sat side by side with him in the divine council giving judgment unto man. (See psalm 82)

So 70 descendants, and 70 gods. These descendants would land up in the Central America, with the Mayas, Africa with the Dogon and Egyptians, South America with the Incas, North America and the Indians, Mesopotamia and their gods. The bible does not say how these gods split themselves up so all we can do is speculate. Did they group up or choose to be singular patron gods?

The divine council of the Lord God
The Celts and Noah's descendants Gomer; Britain and Magog
Table of Nations and Geneagology of man (haplography maps)
Holy Bible Aliens

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Your views are fairly far out. Not too far out, for I can at least understand your prose. I have seen some on ATS whose prose was neither coherent nor understandable.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm working on the simplest way to initially present this theory. I plan on expounding on it in a thread where I can get some feedback and more adequately answer questions.

top topics

<< 53  54  55   >>

join