It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIsraelite777

You seem to have forgotten the scripture that says "for you no longer need a teacher, the Spirit will teach you all things".... Sorry about the gross paraphrasing. I can't remember where that is.......Human hard drive freeze.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey

What I actually meant by the "our" was, GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, and GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.

No. There is no such thing as a trinity. the Bible does not support it. And before you go off posting scriptures, let me remind you Matthew 28:19 and 1 John 5:7 were both added in by Constantine. Neither one of two verses were found in the earlier Greek translations.

Read more here. Constantine Pagan

And here 1 John 5:7

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Please tread with extreme caution! There are people on this thread who are truly seeking answers and you are skirting the borders of pure heresy. If you are a real brother you will humble yourself and dethread before you cause any more confusion....From another Jew by faith.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIsraelite777
No. It's impossible to learn on your own. You need God's chosen people to teach you. That's scripture. Salvation is of the Jews, that's what nobody seems to understand. Jews wrote the Bible. So in order to get the truth, you need to find the real Jews. I'll give you a hint, you're talking to one. But me? I'm not a Jew by blood. I'm one spiritually. I was taught by the real Jews. The Jews of the Bible. According to Ezekiel. the true Jews will only be gathered at the 2nd coming of the Lord. They can't be gathered before then.

John 4:22 (King James Version)

22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Many would consider you a 'fake jew' though. Not a personal hit at you, but, what was the problem with being a Christian exactly? Does that mean you don't believe your Messiah has come either? or are you a Messianic Jew?

As for me? Well, God knows the hearts of all men and gave, regardless of interpretation, all people the ability to read the Bible in some way, shape or form.

You contradict yourself. 'Let the Bible interpret itself' in one breath and 'you need God's chosen people to teach you' in another?

“My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.” Psalm 62:1-2

I don't need or have to depend on a fellow man for anything. God provides all I'll ever need and is my everything. I come from Him and will return to Him, and above all, all conceivable knowledge belongs to our Lord and is bestowed upon whomever He desires. If you couldn't or can't say the same, and needed the help of Jews to teach you anything, then we differ in that way but I thank you for your contribution though, nonetheless.

You seem to have forgotten the scripture that says "for you no longer need a teacher, the Spirit will teach you all things".... Sorry about the gross paraphrasing. I can't remember where that is.......Human hard drive freeze.
Here you go:

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." 1 John 2:27
edit on 3/27/2011 by Debunker75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

In case Bible contradictions end up bothering you. It gives decent explanations for those contradictions, elaborating on ideas in a logical way as opposed to giving reasons without backing: Who Wrote the Bible? by Robert Friedman

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Debunker75

Thank you sir! And a hearty amen to your post. I could not of said it better myself .

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Ma'am, you mean (just kidding. I really am female though
).
But thank you, too Brother for your kind words, and thank you for the well-said warning you put above. It was very much needed and May God Bless you for your efforts

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Debunker75

Oops, I should of known better! God has and will bless you richly........Thank you.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Please tread with extreme caution! There are people on this thread who are truly seeking answers and you are skirting the borders of pure heresy. If you are a real brother you will humble yourself and dethread before you cause any more confusion....From another Jew by faith.

What's your nationality? I'll tell you right now if you are a Jew.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debunker75

No. It's impossible to learn on your own. You need God's chosen people to teach you. That's scripture. Salvation is of the Jews, that's what nobody seems to understand. Jews wrote the Bible. So in order to get the truth, you need to find the real Jews. I'll give you a hint, you're talking to one. But me? I'm not a Jew by blood. I'm one spiritually. I was taught by the real Jews. The Jews of the Bible. According to Ezekiel. the true Jews will only be gathered at the 2nd coming of the Lord. They can't be gathered before then.

22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Many would consider you a 'fake jew' though. Not a personal hit at you, but, what was the problem with being a Christian exactly? Does that mean you don't believe your Messiah has come either? or are you a Messianic Jew?

As for me? Well, God knows the hearts of all men and gave, regardless of interpretation, all people the ability to read the Bible in some way, shape or form.

You contradict yourself. 'Let the Bible interpret itself' in one breath and 'you need God's chosen people to teach you' in another?

He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.” Psalm 62:1-2

I don't need or have to depend on a fellow man for anything. God provides all I'll ever need and is my everything. I come from Him and will return to Him, and above all, all conceivable knowledge belongs to our Lord and is bestowed upon whomever He desires. If you couldn't or can't say the same, and needed the help of Jews to teach you anything, then we differ in that way but I thank you for your contribution though, nonetheless.

Here you go:

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." 1 John 2:27

Bwahahahaha. You make a big speech, and then give me ONE SCRIPTURE.

Alright, dude, it's time for me to show you what's in the Bible. Me, I keep the laws, statutes, commandments, holy days, and the faith in Jesus, like I am SUPPOSED TO.

Revelation 14:12 (King James Version)

12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

If you say you know Jesus, and keep not his commandments, you are a liar and their in no truth in you.

1 John 2:4-5 (King James Version)

4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Do you keep the 7th day sabbath? I'm guessing not. Do you practice pagan holidays and bow down to idols? I'm guessing yes. Then you don't know Jesus. Yea, God knows your heart. Your heart is wicked if you don't walk in his laws, and do his statutes. And according to the Bible, God's chosen people is Jacob. Not Christianity. You can't find that anywhere in the Bible. Salvation is of the Jews, i've said this already.

1 John 5:2-4 (King James Version)

2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Their nothing wrong with the commandments. They are fine.

1 John 3:4-9 (King James Version)

4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Whoever commits sin is of the devil. Whoever abides in Jesus DOES NOT SIN.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debunker75

Here you go:

Isaiah 56:2-8 (King James Version)

2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

4For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Anyone who does the things that please the Lord, AKA keeping the laws, statutes, commandments, holy days, and the faith in Jesus, they will have everlasting life. That's the covenant. And in case you don't believe me, i'll post it here.

Hebrews 8:8-11 (King James Version)

8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

The new covenant is where the Lord put his laws in our hearts, and he'll write them in our minds. We will be His people, and He will be our God.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

So I am guessing that it is your opinion that all other religions are worshipping satan, they just don't know it?

That's about the gist of it yes. See, Satan is more clever than anyone suspects. He is so clever he deceived the whole entire world. Look, if this angel was able to deceived 1/3 of the angels in heaven, what makes you think he can't deceive the entire world? Trust me when I say, things are not what they seem.

And what lie was that?

Plus, it must've been a HELL OF A LIE to get 1/3 of the angels to side with him, against almighty god......

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

What you uphold is of none of my concern as, frankly, I didn't know you before, don't know you now and won't know you after leaving this message. God knows you and your heart (be it misguided or not), and as long as you please Him, that's the only thing in this life that matters. Not your opinion, or mine.

Speech? I simply said I answer to God and God alone. Not to God's creations. I listen to Him alone for my guidance, not as a last resort, but as the first. If you believe there's a better guide, then by all means, go forth and listen to them. I spoke from the heart about my Father and gave you one piece of scripture because it was all that was needed. Excuse me for taking the Word to heart and comprehending it instead of throwing chunks of it out at people like a last minute cram session. You don't attribute your knowledge to have come from God, so why use His words as your defense? And why are you going about calling Christians hypocrites? You're not one yourself, right, so who are you to judge?

Some of the weakest people are those holding copy-and-pasted Scripture as a banner and a shield, all while understanding none of it. You say you're a wannabe-Jew (essentially you are since you won't come to terms with being a Gentile. Only God can decide whether or not your claiming you're a 'real jew' is a lie. At least you've 9 more commandments. But anyway, you indicate you weren't born Jewish and therefore had had 'learn how to become one') throwing Jesus' name around like you know him.... really??? Orthodox Jews don't consider Jesus to be their Messiah, so who are you to tell me I may not know Jesus?

You should read what you posted: "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." You're the only one on here up in arms about keeping commandments, judging me as if you know my personal history and habits. You keep the laws but don't understand the message and express no Love for God. Do you think you can have one without the other?

Pray tell, do you believe you're the only one capable of hearing God's word and living according to His will? Stick to what you know and leave my personal affairs between me and God because from your posts, you don't seem to have heard the Word very well. Perhaps you should extend your knowledge past King James' version.

I know the Bible, in it's entirety is His gift to us. It comes from Him as all knowledge does, not from His creations. Hence, why I say God provides everything I need. If you choose to pay attention to the Jews alone, you won't be able to see the forest for the trees.

But again, more power to you. If it's scripture you desire, then take the boastful ego that makes you feel it's necessary to express how much 'better' you believe yourself to be at upholding the laws and please review Proverbs 8:13, Psalms 10:4, 1 Corinthians 4:7 and 2 Corinthians 10:13 for there is no room for the love of God in you if you concern yourself only with His laws and idolize a very small portion of His people. Only a fool talks as if they themselves don't sin.

Like I said, I'm happiest being a child of God and a loyal sheep for my Shepard. Being flesh and blood, we are both far from perfect, so leave me to be handled by my Father because I've long ago given my concern regarding you back to your 'teachers.' The Lord knows my heart in a way you never will. I like it that way.

Leave judgement to God. He does it much better than you do.
This is, and will be my last comment to you about this.
Peace to you

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIsraelite777 No. There is no such thing as a trinity. the Bible does not support it. And before you go off posting scriptures, let me remind you Matthew 28:19 and 1 John 5:7 were both added in by Constantine. Neither one of two verses were found in the earlier Greek translations.

I read those verses, and I note that first John 5:7 admits that "...and these three are one." Further, if these verses were inserted by Constantine, then Ivan Panin, the mathematician of the Bible, would have noticed the break in the mathematical codes which run from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. Your position is untenable.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

English, Irish, German, Swedish, and a little American Indian...... your run of the mill mutt you could say.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

reply to post by Varemia

I'm sorry for not doing this earlier but got side tracked. Thank you to the both of you for helping to answer my question
Am on the hunt to find good translations of those so I appreciate your assistance!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Hi. You couldn't be more right. But you have to remember that only the people truly filled by
The Holy Ghost will grasp what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm a little late to this argument, but I feel I have to address these claims, because I used to be like you. First of all, I am guessing you are a Messianic Jew, so was I, so was Father Bernstein who wrote "Surprised by Christ" (read it). You see Father Bernstein was a part of the whole Jews for Jesus and Messianic Jewish movements. It's understandable why these movements sprang up, people wanted the ancient Semitic Christianity of the Apostles and not Gentilized Christianity. The problem is that this movement sprang out of the sixties and seventies, which as you might gather is nearly 2,000 years apart from the Apostles. I'll return to Father Bernstein after I make some other points.

As far as the Sabbath and the Lord's Day goes; are you aware of the repeating number codes in the Bible. 7 being divine or perfection, 6 being worldly imperfection, 10 being the law, and 12 being the fullness of Israel and the Church (tribes and apostles), and 8 pertaining to the Resurrection. These codes repeat throughout the Bible most notably in the Byzantine text used for that King James Bible you hold so dear. Anyways, you can't separate Ya'hshuah from the Church he left with his disciples and we can see from the 8fold code in Ya'hshuah's speach as well as the discourses of St. Polycarp and St. Ignatius of Antioch that Christians celebrated the resurrection on the Eighth Day. I say the Eighth Day, because God is still working, he gave us a new covenant and a new day. We are not under the Mosaic Law anymore, the purpose of which was to create a people righteous enough to bear the Messiah WHO HAS COME. Christ has conquered sin, death, and the devil and the old law has been FULFILLED not DESTROYED, but brought to fruition in Ya'hshuah Moshiach. We have a new covenant and a new day to celebrate his resurrection.

Now, back to Father Bernstein. Father Bernstein studied the early Church Fathers when Christianity was a Semitic sect. They worshipped on the Eighth Day, they used liturgical services, and performed closed communion believing the Eucharist to be the Body and Blood of the Lord. These Semitic Christians still exist in Antioch and Jerusalem and they are ORTHODOX. The more aesthetically "Jewish" Christians were known as the Ebionites and they rejected the Incarnation which is absolutely essential to our salvation. If God didn't repair the bridge to him by the Blood of his Son the Logos then there is no salvation. Those like Polycarp and Ignatius who were disciples of John and the group of Christians who wrote the Didache rejected them utterly. You my friend are deceived in thinking that a group of psuedo-Jews in the 21st Century can understand the Apostles better than those who learned at their feet.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by TKDRL

So I am guessing that it is your opinion that all other religions are worshipping satan, they just don't know it?

That's about the gist of it yes. See, Satan is more clever than anyone suspects. He is so clever he deceived the whole entire world. Look, if this angel was able to deceived 1/3 of the angels in heaven, what makes you think he can't deceive the entire world? Trust me when I say, things are not what they seem.

And what lie was that?

Plus, it must've been a HELL OF A LIE to get 1/3 of the angels to side with him, against almighty god......

Satan always has a master plan. But he never lets anyone know what that master plan is. What he does is deceive people to be against God. Like he portrays God as a blood thirsty tyrant who only cares for Himself. Now if you've read the old testament, you may understand why some people think that. But it's not true! God isn't a tyrant! If anything he is merciful, because he let man live after he sinned. He could have killed Adam and Eve right on the spot, but he didn't. He could have killed all of man ever time he sinned, because man is wicked, and all man ever thinks about is wicked thoughts. BUT HE IS MERCIFUL, so he didn't kill anyone. He let animals die for them, because without blood their is no remission of sins. Then ultimately it was Jesus who ended the sacrificial law once and for all.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join