It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Another question I posted a while back, only one person responded. This very question I have asked priests before, and was thrown out of churches for being satan spawn or some such nonsense....

Assuming the bible is the truth:
The bible states, humanity was wiped out, except for a few people on the ark. Where did all the hundreds of other religions come from? IF that was true, there should only be one religion now. Those people on the boat would be telling their kids about it, and passed on from generation to generation to generation. So why is there so many religions now? Religions that worship no god at all, to religions that worship many gods. How could that be?

You had Noah's 3 sons. Ham, Shem, and Japheth. From what scripture says, Japheth was the father of the Gentiles[Whites, etc]. Ham was the father of the blacks, or the Israelites. Shem was a dark race too.

Now whenever Cush begot Nimrod, Nimrod built the first kingdom upon earth, and it was called Babel. All the people of the world were of one speech, one language. They started to build up a tower to the heavens. God seen this, and saw they could do anything now they were one speech, so he went down and confused their languages, and they couldn't keep building. So most of them traveled far away to live in different nations. And ever since the government of the world have been trying to make this world a one world order.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

edit on 25-3-2011 by TheIsraelite777 because: Delete

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

edit on 25-3-2011 by TheIsraelite777 because: Delete

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
reply to post by TheIsraelite777

The BIBLE even says not to practice Xmas

Show me the verse.

Jesus's birthday is NOT in the Bible

Speaking of Jesus:
Luke 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
Humm, this sounds like a celebration to me.

As for Easter and Good friday, I'm about to debunk them in about 30 seconds. According to Daniel 9:24-27, Jesus would have died on a WEDNESDAY.

Not to be disrespectful, but that seems like the amount of time you actually spent on studying these scriptures, That is in the correct context.Ill let someone else correct you as Ive spent way to much time on this thread already.
peace

Nowhere in Luke 1:14 does it say to practice Xmas, NOWHERE! You just made that up, right now. I've already posted the scripture that said not to practice Xmas, If you have a problem with the Bible, THEN STOP CLAIMING TO BE A CHRISTIAN! Hypocrite. You practice these pagan customs, and then call yourself holy. The same customs the Bible says not to practice. So, don't you dare take scripture and try to twist it for your own wickedness. If anyone reads that scripture you posted they will see it says NOTHING about xmas. But this scripture I have speaks loud and clear.

Jeremiah 10:2-5 (King James Version)

2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by ChaosComplex

In this passage,God the Father is refering to Jesus Christ-Hence the our is used.

NO IT IS NOT. God the Father is the FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST. It is not Jesus! And NOBODY has ever dealt with the Father. We have only dealt with Jesus. Throughout the old testament and the new testament we dealt with Jesus.

John 5:37 (King James Version)

37And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

So they were building a skyscraper, god got made and scrambled their brains so they couldn't make more skyscrapers. Nice guy. That still doesn't explain where all these other religions came from though. Are you saying that god wiped out their memories of the "true religion" and implanted a fake one in their heads when he somehow wiped out their memories of language, and put another one in their head?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
All life has a domain that it resides in. Fish in the ocean. Birds in the air. Worms in the ground and so on. Man has the domain of two feet on the earth. As I have said in other posts, when man was able to discern the difference between degree (good and evil). He followed the adversary for knowledge. We could have followed God for our education in reality. Instead, we toil in the earth for our knowledge. If we exceed our appointed domain, we get knocked down. Eventually, when we are ready, we spread our wings and continue to climb closer to our source. But, only by God's law.

The Earth is not our source, since we are already above the Earth in complexity. Entropy demonstrates that all matter flows away from its source, but consciousness flows toward. Since we have already exceeded the Earth, our source is not the earth. Pride as our first choice to place ourselves above God in seeking knowledge (Gen. ch 3). God still teaches us, but we experience toil, just as he states in ch. 3. Women have pain in child birth. Why? Our purpose as beings is to create, but not on our own. The tower of Babel was an example of exceeding our domain before we are ready.

From my Blog

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the Kings horses and all the kings men
Could not put Humpty Dumpty back together again!

Literal translation:

Man sat on the wall of choice when he was vulnerable like an egg on a wall.
Man took knowledge and used it before he was ready (before the egg hatched), and had a great fall (from God’s grace). If he had just waited, he would have become his potential by hatching.
All of the King’s tools (technology) and all of the King’s men (Alchemists/Scientists/Mathematicians) could not put man back in his place of glory again.

So they were building a skyscraper, god got made and scrambled their brains so they couldn't make more skyscrapers. Nice guy. That still doesn't explain where all these other religions came from though. Are you saying that god wiped out their memories of the "true religion" and implanted a fake one in their heads when he somehow wiped out their memories of language, and put another one in their head?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for that. People should seriously take time to read your posts. They make so much sense. The Bible's only as hard as you make it, people.

The fact that we twist it as we do, and assume it means certain things, taking it completely out of context, in a completely wrong manner, in many cases, is a testament to what you're saying, and what was said before: knowledge, for all of you trying to make it seem like God lied and satan was the good guy for giving knowledge, isn't the bad thing. The point of the situation surrounding the fall from Eden was a lack of patience and apparent susceptibility to being so easily fooled. And we are that easily fooled as a species. For all our 'growth' and supposed 'critical, outside the box thinking,' we still can't acquire the balance we truly need as humans. Nor can most seem to appropriately understand their 'reason for being here.'

Too much knowledge pushes people to believe they should (or can) rely on themselves: their intelligence, their intellect, and the collective intelligence of their fellow humans for discoveries, theories, beliefs, etc. This is flawed thinking because, in such cases, we're only as strong as our weakest link, which explains why, after so many years, we've succeeded at nothing of supreme value but going nowhere fast.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I sub to your blog, SuperiorEd.

This, btw, might be of some interest to someone. He has some very interesting interpretations (from the point of view of a Christian convert/former Muslim). For those interested in better understanding the Bible, reading the Quran (or simply doing a quick overview of the fundamentals of Islam) might be a good start. Learning about Islam first, before delving into Christianity, tbh, was the best choice I could have made. It seriously makes things so much clearer:

"Once you understand that the Bible is not really an allegoric book, it really means business, it means specific things"

edit on 3/26/2011 by Debunker75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Use your head. Over time those different nations made up their own religions to explain things. And no, they weren't just building a skyscraper, they thought they were gods! That's the same way the elite think of themselves today. They are trying to unite the world again like Nimrod so everyone can be their own god. If you look into the top 13 bloodlines of the Illuminati, you will see that the Rothschilds are descendants from Nimrod. Nimrod had such a great impact on the world, he had a holiday made after him.. Xmas. People are really worshiping Nimrod and Semiramus his wife and his son Tammuz whenever they put a tree up in their house. That's the holy trinity. The Father, The Son, and The Spirit of God. That Catholics adopted the trinity from paganism. That's also a rip off of the Egyptian gods, Isis, Osiris, and Horus.

Go here to learn more. The Cross Busters!!!

Go here also. The pagan origins of..

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debunker75

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for that. People should seriously take time to read your posts. They make so much sense. The Bible's only as hard as you make it, people.

The fact that we twist it as we do, and assume it means certain things, taking it completely out of context, in a completely wrong manner, in many cases, is a testament to what you're saying, and what was said before: knowledge, for all of you trying to make it seem like God lied and satan was the good guy for giving knowledge, isn't the bad thing. The point of the situation surrounding the fall from Eden was a lack of patience and apparent susceptibility to being so easily fooled. And we are that easily fooled as a species. For all our 'growth' and supposed 'critical, outside the box thinking,' we still can't acquire the balance we truly need as humans. Nor can most seem to appropriately understand their 'reason for being here.'

Too much knowledge pushes people to believe they should (or can) rely on themselves: their intelligence, their intellect, and the collective intelligence of their fellow humans for discoveries, theories, beliefs, etc. This is flawed thinking because, in such cases, we're only as strong as our weakest link, which explains why, after so many years, we've succeeded at nothing of supreme value but going nowhere fast.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I sub to your blog, SuperiorEd.

This, btw, might be of some interest to someone. He has some very interesting interpretations (from the point of view of a Christian convert/former Muslim). For those interested in better understanding the Bible, reading the Quran (or simply doing a quick overview of the fundamentals of Islam) might be a good start. Learning about Islam first, before delving into Christianity, tbh, was the best choice I could have made. It seriously makes things so much clearer:

"Once you understand that the Bible is not really an allegoric book, it really means business, it means specific things"

edit on 3/26/2011 by Debunker75 because: (no reason given)

No, you are supposed to let the Bible interpret itself, otherwise you always going to end up with a private interpretation everytime. Look, the Qur'an teaches people to kill infidels, to kill anyone who converts, and to pretty much kill anyone who opposes Islam, it also teaches to beat your wives. Don't deny it, it does. I'm not trying to put anyone's religion down, but if the book teaches it, it teaches it. Why do you think so many Muslims do suicide bombs? Because Muhammad said if you die for Islam destroying the enemy, you will go to heaven and fornicate with 72 virgins.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I've never followed Islam, but came upon that interpretation today and was surprised by it. I've got both religions in my family so going backwards, from most recent religion to oldest, helped me out best, putting the older religions into better context, is all. That, and Shoebat's vids show he's all for letting the Bible speak for itself as well.

I'm not incapable of putting his interpretation aside when I read the Bible though, and anyone on here should be capable of the same thing (since many on here seem to hold their logic so highly.... for a reason unknown to me). My interpretation will come from what God alone shows me.

I've agreed with your explanations of the Bible (and thank you very much for them as they've also helped me understand things better) but your explaining things about the Bible to obviously swayed or biased naysayers, means that you're altering their interpretation too, though, right? Most people aren't ever going to really let the Bible interpret itself because most can't get past the first page without feeling perplexed. Regardless, I agree with the fact that the Bible does a good enough job explaining itself... that there's a lot of power that can come from letting interpretation come naturally [at least before building upon it with external sources.]

I'm just also aware of the number of people unwilling to let God do or assist with anything in their lives nowadays. Believing they'll let Him speak for Himself is wishful thinking.
Imo, when ready, the understanding will be bestowed upon a person. Until then, confusion. Being spoon-fed an answer or explanation isn't the same as finding it yourself, either, and so the explanation will always be less meaningful.

But... I imagine the effort put into trying to understand in the meantime stands for something though.
edit on 3/27/2011 by Debunker75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Using my head, if god had wiped the world clean for not following his word, nobody would be making up religions after, because it pisses off that god....
They would be using the same fallback cliches priests use "It's gods will" etc etc, not making up new gods.
edit on Sun, 27 Mar 2011 05:56:18 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Not necessarily. For example, just because a person's parent tells them about something 'they were told' about their great-great-great-great-grandparents doesn't mean that person's going to believe it (i.e. the saying 'I walked back and forth thru the snow for miles just to get to school' etc etc. If told that now, does anyone believe it to be true about their older relatives? Whether or not it actually was, doesn't really matter anymore).

Isn't it true that the further removed from anything that a person gets, the less real or legitimate it becomes?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex
****Let me start this by saying I am here to ask questions and learn. I have no intentions of bashing anyone for their beliefs, as I accept all ideas for thought.****

So I decided to start to read the Bible, and already in the first few minutes of reading I have a huge issue.

"1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

"after his kind" makes me think that these creatures were based on creatures that existed somewhere else...

"1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

What? Let US make? In OUR image? After OUR likeness? What the... How can no one have an issue with this?

edit on 3/20/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

There are truly only two schools of though about how we were created

1. Nothing exploded/expanded into everything: atoms, light, elements, life...... by no reason at all but through infinity times of trying. Which there are mathematical findings that show there much be a beginning and not an infinity of playback.

2. God created everything the earth, planets, stars, light, and all life, as said in the Bible. He does not give full detail to this account, but he did create plants and animals in front of Adam so he could see that God has done this.

To the concerns of
Your statement: """after his kind" makes me think that these creatures were based on creatures that existed somewhere else...""

does not imply from somewhere else in it at all, but in written in simple language that a child can read and under stand.

Cows will produce cows or cow like kinds and so on. Nothing more nothing less. All the trillions of dollars of research have proved this statement, though not by choice, but by fact.
Cows do not produce monkeys, dogs, corn, rocks...............................................

If you were a supernatural being, wanting to commune with something that did not exist and you had to ability to create life why would you not make this intelligent creature that you want to interact with like you???

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So....because the bible doesn't fit your preconceived notions of what it should read like....that means it's wrong?

A2D

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What I actually meant by the "our" was, GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, and GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

Originally posted by ChaosComplex
****Let me start this by saying I am here to ask questions and learn. I have no intentions of bashing anyone for their beliefs, as I accept all ideas for thought.****

So I decided to start to read the Bible, and already in the first few minutes of reading I have a huge issue.

"1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

"after his kind" makes me think that these creatures were based on creatures that existed somewhere else...

"1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

What? Let US make? In OUR image? After OUR likeness? What the... How can no one have an issue with this?

There are truly only two schools of though about how we were created

1. Nothing exploded/expanded into everything: atoms, light, elements, life...... by no reason at all but through infinity times of trying. Which there are mathematical findings that show there much be a beginning and not an infinity of playback.

2. God created everything the earth, planets, stars, light, and all life, as said in the Bible. He does not give full detail to this account, but he did create plants and animals in front of Adam so he could see that God has done this.

To the concerns of
Your statement: """after his kind" makes me think that these creatures were based on creatures that existed somewhere else...""

does not imply from somewhere else in it at all, but in written in simple language that a child can read and under stand.

Cows will produce cows or cow like kinds and so on. Nothing more nothing less. All the trillions of dollars of research have proved this statement, though not by choice, but by fact.
Cows do not produce monkeys, dogs, corn, rocks...............................................

If you were a supernatural being, wanting to commune with something that did not exist and you had to ability to create life why would you not make this intelligent creature that you want to interact with like you???

HAHAHAHA!! Only two schools of thought regarding the creation of our reality? You're too funny.

Clearly it is not in direct, plain language that a child can understand. It has been said many times here that the words weren't meant to be taken literally. It has been interpreted in MANY ways just in this thread alone.

This post made me giggle, I must say. The grammar Nazi within is begging to be released...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I always knew there was great wisdom in Humpty Dumpty.....Great post.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debunker75

I've never followed Islam, but came upon that interpretation today and was surprised by it. I've got both religions in my family so going backwards, from most recent religion to oldest, helped me out best, putting the older religions into better context, is all. That, and Shoebat's vids show he's all for letting the Bible speak for itself as well.

I'm not incapable of putting his interpretation aside when I read the Bible though, and anyone on here should be capable of the same thing (since many on here seem to hold their logic so highly.... for a reason unknown to me). My interpretation will come from what God alone shows me.

I've agreed with your explanations of the Bible (and thank you very much for them as they've also helped me understand things better) but your explaining things about the Bible to obviously swayed or biased naysayers, means that you're altering their interpretation too, though, right? Most people aren't ever going to really let the Bible interpret itself because most can't get past the first page without feeling perplexed. Regardless, I agree with the fact that the Bible does a good enough job explaining itself... that there's a lot of power that can come from letting interpretation come naturally [at least before building upon it with external sources.]

I'm just also aware of the number of people unwilling to let God do or assist with anything in their lives nowadays. Believing they'll let Him speak for Himself is wishful thinking.
Imo, when ready, the understanding will be bestowed upon a person. Until then, confusion. Being spoon-fed an answer or explanation isn't the same as finding it yourself, either, and so the explanation will always be less meaningful.

But... I imagine the effort put into trying to understand in the meantime stands for something though.
edit on 3/27/2011 by Debunker75 because: (no reason given)

No. It's impossible to learn on your own. You need God's chosen people to teach you. That's scripture. Salvation is of the Jews, that's what nobody seems to understand. Jews wrote the Bible. So in order to get the truth, you need to find the real Jews. I'll give you a hint, you're talking to one. But me? I'm not a Jew by blood. I'm one spiritually. I was taught by the real Jews. The Jews of the Bible. According to Ezekiel. the true Jews will only be gathered at the 2nd coming of the Lord. They can't be gathered before then.

John 4:22 (King James Version)

22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Using my head, if god had wiped the world clean for not following his word, nobody would be making up religions after, because it pisses off that god....
They would be using the same fallback cliches priests use "It's gods will" etc etc, not making up new gods.
edit on Sun, 27 Mar 2011 05:56:18 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Need I remind you Satan is the mastermind for pulling worship away from GOD. GOD might allow these things to happen, but that's because it has to happen for prophecy to be fulfilled. People have to pull away from the faith, because that's what the Bible says they have to do in the latter days. The whole world has to be deceived in order for prophecy to fulfill.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join