It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StigShen

Lol what taxes do you pay? You sure as hell aren't actually paying an income tax if you make such a feeble amount.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

Even with the EBT card I have seen people lend dealers their cards and let them use the funds in payment for drugs too, I say lets create some jobs and get people off drugs and welfare,I know not everyone will benifit but a great decrease in people without jobs and on welfare can do nothing but help

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne

Poor poor pitiful you right?

Lol. You are poor now. Thats all that matters.

You are reaping what you have sewn.

Whats wrong? No universities are looking for Constitutional scholars?

Apparently not.

And you're going to have a lot of reaping to do yourself with your attitude buddy. It's a long fall of that high horse. I have seen it. I have seen the likes of you put a bullet in their mouth because they couldn't bear the realization.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Been there, thought about that while sleeping in the back of the truck.

Decided against it, even when I had nothing to live for.

Whats for dinner tonight? Ramen or Mac & Cheese for you?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by dreamseeker

Because I don't find you to be a beautiful human being.

Personally, I think you are just another typical nutjob lesbian who doesn't have a foothold in reality. Just out of curiosity, was being a loser a factor in not being able to find a male so you switched, or are you one of those born lesbians?

Are you taking pride in your rudeness here or something? You seem hell bent on being as obnoxious as you possibly be. Geez.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ack.
edit on 3/18/2011 by Amaterasu because: Double Post

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
you guys do know that drug addiction is considered a disease right? i dont think it would be right to cut off their welfare....just think how much crime would go up if they got cut off.

link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

I had boyfriends but I prefer females; that is irrelevant. We all have beauty within us somewhere. Are you trying to prove me wrong by your ugly nature? You seem to attack anyone who disagrees with you. You have commited an ad hominem fallacy. I am sure you know what that means since you are so smart.

link   

Originally posted by NewEmpire816
I thinks it's a great idea! I've seen people on drugs use welfare or vice versa
,I think one of the big reasons they went off the stamps to EBT cards is because people would trade the stamps for drugs ,that and you actually got cash back in change!
even though I would probably qualify for welfare and rarely dabble with herbs I do not and will not use it. I'm all for the idea test em!

This is why they went to the EBT card...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Lol you pass off someone elses work as your own and you call me a troll?

That material is copyrighted, and you claimed it as your own.

It is mine. The onus is on you now. You have made libelous statements on a public forum about me, leaving yourself open to a lawsuit.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Do the the large number of complaints lodged about this thread it will be temporarily closed.

Please take this time to allow for a cooling off, and a return to respectful posting.

9:26 pm EDT

This thread will now be reopened.

Further off-topic remarks, and those attacking other members will not be tolerate.
Failure to post with respect and courtesy for others will result in post removals and possible temporary post bans.

If you are in doubt how to post:

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

edit on Fri Mar 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I think its a great idea... If you want the government to pay for your lifestyle w/o working than i expect that the recipient be sober. Not only that but food stamps and the like need to be limited to goods that are essential for survival..not $100 worth of soda, chips, and other junk food... believe me, i've seen it before and I can imagine you have as well...

Being sober for government money? No problem here.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been covered anywhere in this vast 26 page thread, but lets look at some numbers here. According to US Department of Health and Human services, the average drug test costs from $25 to $75, while this website gives the number of $45. We'll go with that. I've seen estimates that there are approximately 30 million Americans on one form of welfare or another, so to drug test every person in the welfare system once that would be around $1,350,000,000. I know that this only concerns 20% of the people on welfare, but its still an outrageous number to look at.

And then what? People who fail have to receive treatment before getting their checks? That is idiotic, considering it will be through public funding that welfare recipients will receive treatment. That's putting people on one form of welfare to receive welfare!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by brigand
reply to post by ripcontrol

I think its a great idea... If you want the government to pay for your lifestyle w/o working than i expect that the recipient be sober. Not only that but food stamps and the like need to be limited to goods that are essential for survival..not $100 worth of soda, chips, and other junk food... believe me, i've seen it before and I can imagine you have as well...

Being sober for government money? No problem here.

Good idea at first glance, bad idea when you really look at it though.

Example: One reason that poor folk buy so much soda pop is because it is FAR cheaper than OJ or milk.

As far as drug testing goes. It is a waste of taxpayer dollars. A monumental waste. Drug testing will not prevent drug use, and in fact, will not stop payment benefits. All it will do is force them into a taxpayer program that cannot work. An addict has to want to quit, you can't force them.
edit on 3/18/11 by StigShen because: spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Been on welfare for 6 years and I know people that have been on it longer. Go ahead and test us I'm clean and so are the people I know. Hell I don't even drink.

My guess is they'll just be wasting money.

Have any of you been to a welfare office? I have lot's of times. It's mostly single mothers, forigners, people down on thier luck and people with disabilities.

This whole stigma of people on welfare are drug addicts is BS.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I have to say, as left-winged as I may sound in any posts, I am dead against welfare for immigrants.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

One other point too though. For all the complaints I hear about some people, who say that people on welfare, people in prison have it so good, complaining about how hard they have it, how hard they have to work...

...I don't see any of them going on down to the welfare office to get "free stuff."

link   
You guys act as if the worst possibly thing ever is to take a drug test. How hard is it to pee in a cup? If I ever lose my job, and needed assistance, I can tell you that I would have no problem peeing in a cup, I would pee in 5 cups, if it meant that someone would give me assistance. Welfare was not supposed to be a career choice, it was only supposed to help you when you were down. Now, I can tell you that welfare is severely flawed, as it seems that it has turned into something that is designed to keep you in a certain place, with no chance of improving your lifestyle, or the very lest making it very hard to do so. I will explain.
In order to qualify for federal assistance a single parent with 2 children making 17,500/yr or less qualifies. But lets say that one person gets a raise, now they are making 20,000.00/yr They will lose their benefit. The amount of the raise does not offset the aid that the are receiving, so there fore it makes more sense for the parent to not take the raise, not move up the ladder, and staying in the same place that are at. Kind of stuck in a rut. So, I think that the welfare system needs to be re-configured to make it less of a crutch, and more of the successful program that it should be.

link   

Originally posted by StigShen

I have to say, as left-winged as I may sound in any posts, I am dead against welfare for immigrants.
Personally I'm not against it for leagal immigrants. 99% of the people I see are not of the illegal type. I'm from michigan and most of the immigrants I see are of the middle east or mediteranian background.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join