It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
La Bruzzo's proposes drug test

NEW ORLEANS – Despite failing in four previous attempts, state Representative John LaBruzzo once more is trying to pass a bill in the Louisiana Legislature that would require welfare recipients to pass a drug test.

The current bill would require 20 percent of people who receive benefits to submit to drug testing.

Welfare recipients who test positive would have to receive treatment or lose their welfare check.

Now this is a good way to lower what is spent... half to 30 % will stop applying...

Drug test every recipient, those that fail either get treatment or nothing...

then add in random surprise drug test for all involved...
why it failed four previous time I do not know but...

I think Texas should consider this....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That is a good start! Way to go, good post! Star and flag!

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yup.

If they want tax payer money, it should be a fair deal that they aren't using that money to buy drugs. Hard earned tax dollars are good for other people, who need it for good reasons.

Drugs not so much.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

They need this to be on a global scale

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
but this would only find the potheads, while the coke/dust/heroin/meth/crack users look clean the next day. i do agree that the welfare system needs relief, id rather just stop paying for every child a welfare family has after their second. greeds the problem here

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

What?

Heroine and coc aine along with any other opiates, do not just dissapear from you system after you take them..

In the short term, coc aine can be detected in one's body through blood or urine tests from 1 - 5 days with the average testing equipment. But coc aine produces benzoylecgonine in the body and this can be detected by short-term blood and urine tests for up to 22 days.

The duration of short-term testing depends upon the amount coc aine consumed, the frequency, body weight, male or female, age, rate of metabolism, whether it was huffed, puffed, snorted, ingested or injected. Other medicines you may be taking also may bind with the coc aine and have an effect of how long it stays in your system.

Now if you ask how long does coc aine stay in your body, then this suggests a long-term worry and a different set of tests that check for this. Cocaine can stay in the hair follicles typically for 3 to 6 months. But this only suggests how long it can be detected by drug lab tests.

www.drugalcohol-rehab.com... aine-system.htm

~Keeper
edit on 3/17/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

hard drugs disappear after 3 days, less if you work out extensively. thats much easier to hide then 30 to 60 days for pot.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Maaaan. drug addiction is not exclusive to just welfare recepients. My buddy works for the Department of Corrections and smokes weed like a mad man & I got 2 Army buddies who pop vicodin & percocet like skittles! As a matter of fact, all the people I know who abuse substances are all legit hard working, tax paying citizens! Not defending the dead beats who abuse the welfare system because that sh*t is rampant!

link   

Excellent, we should also stop anyone from using food stamps for twinkies and mountain dew. I think everyone has the innate right to sugar, fat and drugs, but you better not be buying any of them with my tax dollars...

link   

See the above post for credible link.

I would suggest further google research. Regardless of what you do, hard drugs stay in your system far long than 3 days, and it doesn't take much testing to find.

~Keeper

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Well, one reason it fails; it's discriminatory. it only targets those on certain programs (namely, the poor). Of course, the poor are far from the only social class that receives government funds. Would la Bruzzo be willing to have his buddies in the Charter School industry submit a piss test before every check?

Bear in mind that this is also the guy who suggested paying welfare recipients $1,000 if they underwent sterilization. He also occupies the former seat of David Duke. Which might tell you a little bit about hte sort of district he represents.

link   
Another thing they should do, as I have thought of this before, is if a welfare mom has 3 or more babies by different fathers by the time they are 18 should have to have their tubes tied, since they are not being responsible adults, and will continue a pattern that needs to stop.

link   
I say if you do that, you should also wear an alcohol bracelet, or be tested every few days for alcohol...

Both suggestions are crazy to me... im sorrry but a certain illegal substance is by far the least harmful out of them all, yet it stays in your system for over a month, while more hardcore substances are gone within a few days... Wtf is up with that?

link   

This should be a federal law! I am sick of people living off all the hard working people in this country! I do agree it should be 100%, but this would be a step in the right direction. I would vote for it

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

but at least they support their own habbits with their own hard earned cash.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Don't start this discrimination bs. We should be selective with who we help. We have drug tests in the workforce.
If you fail it, no job, no money. Why should anyone be treated differently?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

real life experience says it really depends on the persons body type, metabolism, and type of test done, but usually a coke user can pass a urine test with little notice and thats why many managerial and above jobs have coke abuse. look at nasa employees, bet the person that bag belonged to is clean already.

i think its a great idea, i just wish it would help the hard drug users more.
edit on 17-3-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
it is a horibal idea! If i needed financial help the last thing on my mind is to prove im clean. ppl who need welfare prolly cant evan afford drugs.
ppl on welfare should be treated whith respect and dignity, not like drug adicts

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Well, one reason it fails; it's discriminatory. it only targets those on certain programs (namely, the poor). Of course, the poor are far from the only social class that receives government funds. Would la Bruzzo be willing to have his buddies in the Charter School industry submit a piss test before every check?

Bear in mind that this is also the guy who suggested paying welfare recipients $1,000 if they underwent sterilization. He also occupies the former seat of David Duke. Which might tell you a little bit about hte sort of district he represents.

It's discriminatory? If you're receiving government funds you should not be using them to buy illicit substances. End of story. Get a job and do drugs, it works for plenty of Americans

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yeah, I'll agree with that.

It is different for each person. Urine tests for drugs are not effective though, they should be using hair samples IMO, but that's invasive..

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join