It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Seems to me like the kid tried to be non violent.
He was clearly attacked with intent to harm.
He could of gotten a concussion or worse.
He was within his rights to defend himself.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Being muscular means that you just have more mass to move. Its not indicative of how well you will fight. All in all, those who spend tons of time on body building are going for the intimidation factor.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've always been big from a kid, not fat just "lanky" tall. And little turds have ALWAYS tried to attack me. I think they see it as proving themselves against me. Being big you have the size and weight advantage though, so I could easily dispatch them and each individual would never mess with me again. But EVERY time I would get punished and they would get away scott free. It was annoying as hell.

I found the teachers could never understand that I was the innocent party because I was so big they couldn't grasp I could be picked on.

Once you stand up for yourself 9 times out of 10 they don't mess with you again.

I applaud the beast, but it's really scary body slamming somebody onto concrete! He could have killed the kid and you don't want that no matter how much of a bully he is right now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
good for this kid, if i was back in elementary school with my mindset now i'd have done the same to that bully, i'm glad to see he chose to. Very mature actually.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Even though i had to cringe when that punk got got, he and all of his little punk friends deserved a lot more. Looking at Casey's initial body language it is easy to tell that he has no violent bone in his body. It wasn't restraint that prevented him from reacting after the first punch to the face. It was because violence is not his natural response. This is likely why a younger kid half his size felt safe punching him in the face and assaulting him in other ways. I'm glad he was taught a lesson. If more bullies could receive this crash course bullying would be no more.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qcuailon
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Being muscular means that you just have more mass to move. Its not indicative of how well you will fight. All in all, those who spend tons of time on body building are going for the intimidation factor.

Very true...unless you condition yourself with mixed martial arts (Muay Thai, 5 Style Shoalin, Brazilian Jui-jitsu, Roman Grecko Wrestling and Boxing) and learn how to move that weight around.

I am a very muscular person now but most of my weight training leans towards power lifting - I tend to do big heavy moves and focus on power training (moving that weight quickly under control and high volume, heavy weight) but I am pretty light on my feed for a 100KG bloke.

I was bullied in school, quite badly at one point and ended up in a similar situation as the video - I just snapped, enough was enough and lashed out, eventually knocking the bully out with a lucky punch. No one bothered me after that, I was a loner in school but at least I didn't have any serious problems.

So good for that kid, he taught the bullies a lesson and maybe earned some respect from others in his school.

The sad truth is that we live in a system where bullying is glorified in cartoons and movies (and especially in the field of employment where egos are banded about).

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
True but most pro MMA fighters are very muscular. Cause if you train right having a nice physique is a side effect of that training .

But those guys who do nothing but body build all day and neglect cardio and cant run a mile or do a pull up aren't in fighting condition,, far from it.. Just cause your skinny or muscular doesn't mean your in shape.
Seeing those guys in my gym who bench 500 but cant do a single pull up and huff after walking stairs is amusing.

All that muscle/strength means nothing if you have a small gas tank.

You have to be in all around shape to go 3min or 5 min rounds. If your just lifting weights and not doing any cross training, HIIT, cardio you'll be pooped in less than a minute.

One time i was 235 lbs benching 390 for a max , did little to no cardio, started some MMA training and found out i wasn't in shape lol

Im 195 lbs now and my max is only 320, but i can run 8 miles, run a fast 5k, hit the heavy bag 4 minutes etc.
I would kill my old self in a confrontation. lol

Other than training grappling and sparring, conditioning is the second biggest factor in a fight bar non imo

BTW Bully got what he needed.
edit on 15-3-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Can't argue with that...

At that point, it becomes about technique.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I dont arbitrarily dole out stars and flags, but this thread deserves them both.
I have also already written a letter to the school in question...Have YOU?

Here is the address if you missed it...
[email protected].­au

edit on 15-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Unfortunately, one of the only ways to beat the bullies is to give them a beating. I wish that wasn't the case, but it's the only currency they understand. They are monkeys, they don't understand anything else

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Question for those of you who have said "casey was never in any danger" or "I'ts like a dog and a cat fight"

Have you ever been punched in the face? Do you really believe that because cassey is a big child, those punches to his face and jabs to the stomach hurt him less than if they were inflicted on a smaller sized child??
I have been hit in the face by accident by my 10 year old and let me tell you it F-ing hurt and im an adult. Just because he didnt fall down and cry from the pain, dosn't mean he didnt feel it, he just handled it well.

I have seen my Cat whip some Doggieass before so....

edit on 15-3-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
WHAT the HELL is WRONG with some of YOU!!! These are KIDS.... BULLYING Is WRONG so is RETALIATION... what is even worst are ADULTS or people claiming their are ADULT picking sides when kids are violently aggressive to each other... is off the scale of WRONG... give your heads a shake.. I hope they were both suspended, and parents put into parenting courses.
:f lame:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by darrylss

I agree with you but, i don't blame cassey for what he did. He's only human and let's be real, people can only take so much abuse before they snap, especialy kids who arnt able to reason like an "adult".

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

I agree, but I hope for Casey's sake that there are better role models who condemn this type of behavior... its not right.
I work in a school. and definately know what I am talking about... my concern has always been with their response of the Adult.. how they react to these kinds of events.. and its sad.. that some Adults will pick a side

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Now that's one stupid kid (the bully) - most bullies tend to pick on those smaller or weaker then themselves (and for good reason, at least from the bully's point of view) but this one takes the cake - like a toy poodle picking a fight with a bullmastiff! Hopefully that dumbbell will learn not to mess with bigger kids, or ideally, no one at all.

Funny thing that in the olden days (20 or more years ago) few would have cared if a bullied kid fought back like that, but also when I was in school teachers almost always looked the other way when kids were bullied. I was severely verbally abused in high school (though I was pumping some serious iron in gym class so no one had the balls to go beyond verbal abuse, though sometimes I wished they would have so I would have had a good excuse to whale on them) and boy would I have loved to do to some of my tormentors what that kid did to the tiny punk in vid. Problem is, if you defend yourself, especially since in my case I would have thrown the first punch since my attackers kept things at a verbal level (which is every bit as damaging and even more so than physical abuse), you are often the one who gets in trouble.

But this was clearly self-defense, and I don't think the kid who defended himself should be punished at all.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
There needs to be more kids like him!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
BTW doesnt matter how big you are a good punch to the nose will break it, make it bleed and water your eyes it hurts.

The little # didnt know how to throw a punch but he learned how to take a ass kickin

LOL
edit on 15-3-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
weird. usually it's the big fat kids that pick on the skinny little kids by sheer girth and weight alone.
so the skiing kid was picking on the big kid. big kid jacks skinny kid.
skinny kid not too smart.

weird role reversal though.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Welcome to the School District's "zero tolerance" policy. In this day and age, due to the zero tolerance policy schools have no choice but to suspend both students in the event of a fight. It makes no difference if you were protecting yourself or defending yourself, if you participate in any way you get suspended as well.

Is it right? I do not think so, but that is the way it is now.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join