It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As a person that has been bullied and been the bully I only have this to say.

The skinny young guy got a very valuable life lesson for cheap. He just learned to respect and it cost him nothing but minor injuries. Casey could have (and imho should have) layed a little more of a licking first.

Couple of black eyes and a broken nose tend to help young men remember valuable lessons.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Way to go Casey!! Just yesterday, my son gave a bully his due. My 10 year old is a big kid like Casey. At first, my husband and I taught him that fighting never solves anything, but after the bullying became more frequent and damaging, we told him to stand up for himself and others. We want him to understand that by his sheer size alone, he can really hurt someone, but he doesn't have to be walked on because of that. I think that is why the bullies tend to be smaller kids now. Parents of big kids teach their kids from early on that they are bigger and can really hurt smaller kids. Like when they play," Don't play so rough, you're a lot bigger than John." That kind of thing. So l think the bigger kids realize they are a force to be reckoned with and most of them seem to be very sweet kids who don't want to hurt anything. My son is very tender-hearted and violence is not in his nature, but yesterday he had had enough after a scrawny kid hit his friend in the head with a basketball on purpose. He sent the ball back full force to make contact with the kid's nose. No teachers were involved in the incident. I was a little disturbed when he informed me of it, but I was also proud of him. Probably because of my past.
I was emotionally bullied throughout school and I can't even recall the number of times that I fantasized about doing what Casey did or worse to my tormentors. I became very shy just hoping to disappear, but it didn't help, only made things worse. As an adult, I took on being in charge of my class reunions. It has empowered me by allowing me to show my former classmates my virtues that they missed out on like my ability to treat them with respect that they clearly didn't deserve. Some have even apologized for their bad school behavior. There are a few who still have an attitude. I speak to them kindly forcing them to have to speak to me with the respect adults are expected to use or be looked upon as cads. That empowers me too and makes me laugh, at them for a change.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
reply to post by thegrayone

When you embedded it did you paste the whole URL? It won't work if you do that. You have to use just what comes after the "=" in the URL. In the case of your video, it is SWMGsmyq7zM.

I see. I didn't know that. Thanks, again, for that tip!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No sources? Oh wow, say something and then not back it up. Nice.

Think Obama cries when people say he's the worst president ever? Or do you think he takes it like a man? He probably takes it like a man, not worrying what other people think about him. That's probably one thing that helped him get to where he's at. Not letting other people's words and thoughts bring him down.

Again, sources? If you're gonna say there have been studies, you had best be able to back that up. Considering the type of site we are on.

I'm no bully, though I will put you in your place. Also, calling me a bully is actually "emotional" bullying, which could probably serve as a violation of the terms and service, though I don't care. I think it's cute.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Casey hasn't got a clue what a hero he's become and is about to wake up to the shock of his life!!

I hope so. But I hope he handles it the right way. Allowing the "Internet fame" to go to his head and allowing it to encourage him to unnecessarily body slam people will be bad. But if he is as mature as I hope he is and sees that people support him and not to allow bullies get him down, then this video going viral will be for the best. Who knows, maybe he will go one better and use this spotlight to start an anti-bullying campaign?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

I did wonder that myself, but if he's the type of kid I think he is then he will deal with it calmly and not let it go to his head - much lol. I do believe he is entitled to let it go to his head just a little though hehe.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Firs I like to say Hi to everyone here and I have been lurking this awesome site for some time and this thread made me register so I can congratulate the bigger kid on the job well done.
Good for him for standing up for him self and not taking any bull from that skinny kid.
Yeah maybe he got suspended but in the same time he also sent a message to every other bully in that school to.
And may I ad what a beautiful slam that was and the look on the little punks face was priceless.If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Deniro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Go to the school and beat the cr*p out of the bullies. It's the only thing they understand. As long as we pay people to have babies that they won't raise, these problems will grow exponentially. We have millions of unparented kids in the US alone and we just keep giving money to make more and more of them. And then we give the schools more money to ignore the problem. Then throw more money at the schools to to educate illegals.
edit on 15-3-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Techy

You will often find that the parents of bullies can simply not accept that their child could ever be capable of such a thing!
I had evidence,taken from a chat room,of the bullying being done to my daughter.
Thought i would do the responsible thing and take it to the school,but they simply asked if i had tried to talk to the bullies parents!

Anyway,i did what the school suggested.The bullies parents point blank refused to believe their child was capable of doing that to another child,despite being shown the evidence and hearing numerous other complaints from other parents!
I asked politely if they could talk to their child about the situation,which they assured me they would.

Anyway,after about a week, my daughter comes home from school in tears after this bully punched her and pushed her to the ground! I verified this with the parents of another child who witnessed the attack,then went into action!
I went around to the bullies house and spoke to the father telling him,clearly and calmly,"I have asked you nicely to sort this bullying issue out and still it continues.i will make you a deal.Next time your child lays a finger on my daughter,i will drag you out of this house and kick the # out of you and see how you like it!"
And viola,the bullying stopped instantly!
I dont condone violence,but i would spill blood to protect my children!
Sometimes the parents just dont care!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
We need to bring back corporal punishment. I believe it’s what some kids need but it has to be done with love not anger.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

Dear Lord....how sad....What is the world coming to?!?! This is just another in a long line of examples of
the sad state of education when it comes to the Bullying arts.....
Bullying, Rule Number 1: Only Pick On Those That are Much Smaller Than You.
This ancient and respected artform is dying as we speak. STAND UP...tell your local congressman or representative to include more Bullying Education in our schools!!!! Lets face it....Bullies often need to be told how to do things...they are often not the brightest lot. An education in the proper techniques and Etiquette of Bullying is essential to a young child's education...whether he is the Bully or the one being Bullied.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by MobSaget

Yeah, this one and beard guy are my two motivational video favorites now lol.

I think a lot of people in the world are feeling bullied. By bosses, jerks in the neighborhood, the elite, bad cops, politicians. I think its why so many of us get relief watching people knock the snot out of bullies.

I also think its why people who are doing the bullying.............bosses, politicians, jerks in the neighborhood, bad cops, the elite, get nervous when videos of someone knocking the snot out of a bully goes viral so enthusiastically.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

You are kidding right? Little twit has friend record him assaulting someone. Someone being three times his size, and the big kid is at fault? The skinny twit is apparently a idiot. Big kid should have stomped him and then slam the second twit that thought he wanted a piece also. Thinking like yours is the problem. If someone hits you and hit them back it is self-defense.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The little guy got what he deserves. The big kid handed it to him too. I was bullied in school, mainly in middle school and high school. One day while in middle school I just decided I wasnt going to look the other way and ignore it anymore. Ever since then things have gone good. The worst happened while in high school, it was years before I had fought and during high school I got into about 4 fights, all because some punk kids wanted to be cool and tough and talk their mouths away even after I tried settling it and just being cool. And just like my father always told me, if you try being the good guy and talk it out, even if the other person hits you, you will win. That's exactly what happened.

I don't know too many people who have gotten into a fight that they totally started just because they felt like being the hard*** and walked away from it with a victory.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnarly
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Got any sources? Letting people hurt you over names is just a sign of weakness. Literally, they are just saying words. Oh my, how horrifying. My feelings are hurt! Their sound waves are +1 effective! Nope, you're just weak. You won't be able to get any good paying job, because people are going to "emotionally" bully you so they can get that job. Won't be able to get a girl as even if she laughs at you, you're going to cry, then she's just going to laugh even harder.

I would much rather get laughed at then hit, cause I can laugh at myself. If anyone knows the reference to the quote.

Edit: I'm not saying you as in you, but you as in general population.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Gnarly because: clarification
Common man in fairness the guy provoked it. He threw about 3 punches and kept going. He wanted to the big kid to try fight back even his friend was recording just waiting for something to happen. Not every kid in school may follow the path of ignoring comments and some things can be really hurtful and you have to respect that. These are only kids and even bullying in the adult workplace can be a very serious matter.
Nobody likes to go a place 5 days a week only to be bullied. Bullying a serious issue and if a guy like you who talks about good paying jobs should really take this into consideration and really look into how serious bullying can be.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

Sources for what? Giving you common sense? Do you need a source to properly wipe your butt when you're taking a dump?

Do you really believe that being verbally aggressive is non damaging to others? Or is that IQ of yours hurting for a boosting? As long as a human being has what is known as a soul, they feel damage when others intentionally hurt their feelings physical or verbal.

Weakness to me is not having the common sense to know this already, and you're displaying the most weakness on this thread. And yes, I just showed you a bit of "verbal aggression" so that maybe it would jog some activity in your brain. It appears that this is the only way someone so archaic can be addressed.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: to add

edit on 15-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: to add

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It for sure looked like the little kid was emboldened , by his bully friend who no doubt told him hed help him if he got introuble,...this video reminded me of unfortunately i did almost the exact same thing in grade school to a kid
My friend & I were sitting at a backtop when this group of younger kids came up & started hitting us with sticks & throwng rocks at us , we were dodging them being thrown right at our face ,.. i yelled at them to stop many times we tried to leave but they wouldnt quit , We even tried to call a teacher over who seemed to be ignoring us,...,after one deflected off my head I got up & grabbed the nearest kid & did almost the exact same move , I wasnt even thinking because I was so mad from the pain after the rock hit me I just kinda threw him & he landed face first on a metal sewer grate , if I remember correctly it broke his nose ,
Although i did feel bad after , i didnt know what else to do at the time
needless to say i was suspended & severely punished

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
My son is 6, timid and would help a any body who needs it. But unfortunatly he used to be a little doormat as well until he came home crying one day telling me that he was getting bullied at school. I don't condone violence but I taught him to through a mean right hook. A couple of weeks later I get a letter from school saying my son got into a fight. My son was afraid I was gonna get mad but I asked him if he started it. He said no and that he planted a right hook "just like you taught me". Good going son I said. As long as you don't start it. Then he smiled abit and said "It sounded just like when you clap your hands? The I laughed. I couldn't help it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnarly
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Got any sources? Letting people hurt you over names is just a sign of weakness. Literally, they are just saying words. Oh my, how horrifying. My feelings are hurt!

Sorry I missed this until someone else responded to it a page over.

jama.ama-assn.org...

Imaging studies have revealed that the emotional pain of social rejection activates two brain regions that are also important in the response to physical pain. Pain activates the anterior cingulate cortex, which signals higher brain regions that impel an individual to act to stop the pain; social rejection similarly triggers activity in this region. Activation of the right ventral prefrontal cortex appears to help dampen the distress of both physical pain and social exclusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join