It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor #2 At Fukushima Detonates (third reactor explosion...now fourth!)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Whats to stop us from say, tossing a giant liquid nitrogen bomb into the reactor?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
cant we just put the rods in the recently decomissioned space shuttle and send it hurtling towards the sun?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by originunknown

I love the 'can't we just' part

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbleEndangered
The Japanese NEED to get those Fuel Rods as Close to absolute Zero as Possible.

Then on a Quantum Level things should slow down enough to encapsulate the Rods and Bury them Deep, Never to be seen again!

Main Issue is Remote Controlled Robotics/Mechanisms have to be able to pull the rods and with stand the extreme temperature.

You put capital letters in really obscure and incorrect places..

Kinda makes you sound like a nutter

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Have to use other means or delivery method. Liquid Nitrogen will have an explosive effect with that sea water.

Putting them in Space has been debated but launch Failure will make a Mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

You put capital letters in really obscure and incorrect places..

Kinda makes you sound like a nutter

Yeah it was kind of NuTTy,

That's what happens when you try to type a complete thought after getting Blunted!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'd be willing to bet TENS of thousands are, "Never found", as they are either permanently buried under the mud, or were swept back out to the sea.

Note the difference in how the populace is responding in Japan v. Katrina in New Orleans.

Orderly and disciplined, not mad men and murders.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbleEndangered
Have to use other means or delivery method. Liquid Nitrogen will have an explosive effect with that sea water.

Putting them in Space has been debated but launch Failure will make a Mountain out of a mole hill.

umm, no . Water has a higher heat capacity than liquid nitrogen. That is why it would not work that well.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

You're thinking of microwave radiation.

From what I understand, nuclear radiation actually shoots sub-atomic particles through matter, including the human body, at tremendous speeds, destroying cells as it does. In small doses cells can be replaced by new cells. Some cells are not replaced and little damage results, however as doses increase and more cells get bombarded, they die faster than they can be replaced. Some are partially damaged and mutate as a result, causing cancer and lukemia, among other problems such as damaged organs.

Symptoms of radiation poisoning include everything from nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of hair and nails, to tumors, cancer, organ failure and death within hours.

There is absolutely no good news when it comes to radiation poisioning. Even small doses should be avoided when possible, as each dose has an additive effect.

edit on 3/15/2011 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribuneofplebs

Toss a Open Bottle of Liquid Nitrogen into your Swimming Pool and see what happens!

Make sure it's plastic!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

You forgot to mention that high levels of nuclear radiation also give you super human strength, invulnerability, and cosmic power. Doesn't sound all that bad.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

when the steed is stolen, the stable-door is locked

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Using a laser-cooling technique that could one day allow scientists to observe quantum behavior in large objects, MIT researchers have cooled a coin-sized object to within one degree of absolute zero.

Source MIT 2007:
web.mit.edu...

Something like this would be useful
edit on 15-3-2011 by AbleEndangered because: added Source Year

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
On short wave radio: from a local japan station 71 station ID did not get the rest

Time As of Now: 207 AM MST. March 15th Seawater pumping to exposed fuel rods. Seems to be working well, too cool the rods. In another reactor chamber where they are pumping seawater to has not been working well. Core melt down might have occurred in reactor number 2 I think they said. .All EM power systems has failed. System. Fuel rods have been exposed for a while. Did not say for how long.

more people are now being evacuated.

can some one confirm this?

edit on 15-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
I'd be willing to bet TENS of thousands are, "Never found", as they are either permanently buried under the mud, or were swept back out to the sea.

Note the difference in how the populace is responding in Japan v. Katrina in New Orleans.

Special Report Just on Shortwave Radio for a local Japan station.

1,900 dead confirmed. 15,000 missing. Over 2000 dead found on a two beaches.
Another 1000 plus found on another beach 7 miles away.
300 bodied found dead in another inland coatal area. 750 yet on another beach.
I’m loosing count there making statements to fast, while I type this.

Japan bracing for another EQ. Food supplies low and not reaching some areas Official Japan EQ reading is 9.2

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Just to add a bit more interesting thought for the day, anyone remember Baba Vanga's predictions... specifically for 2011????

Here it is:

"2011 – As a result of the fallout of nuclear fallout in the northern hemisphere will not be any animals or vegetation. Then Muslims will wage war against chemical surviving Europeans."

Interesting given whats currently going on at the moment no?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

Yeah, and the Japanese police are not shooting people stuffing them in car trunks and burning the evidence like the New Orleans PD.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Electronegativity

How wonderfully eddifying - thanks for uplifting us all.

My focus is on the people of Japan who are, AS I WRITE, experiencing their doomsday scenario.

Mine can wait.

edit on 15-3-2011 by 5senses because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The following article, about the spent fuel pools, is an interesting read, and does not sound good at all.

Experts now fear that the pool containing those rods from the fourth reactor has run dry, allowing the rods to overheat and catch fire. That could spread radioactive materials far and wide in dangerous clouds.

source

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This may sound very morbid ... but its not meant to be.

Has their been any video of this 3rd explosion surfaced online yet?

Also, one thing that now worries me about this situation is that before the 3rd explosion the whole situation was covered pretty well by tv, scince this 3rd explosion theirs seems to be a bit of a black out going on and the news (well, bbc, i cant see anyone else at this moment) seem to be skipping over the story ... and combined with the announcement of a no fly zone gives me nothing but a sence that something pretty bad may have happened when the 3rd explosion happened!

The no fly zone pricked my ears as it can only mean one of two things ... that its really bad and they dont want people to see it so they can drip through information and not scare people ... or their is that much radiation that its dangerous to anyone flying in the atmosphere above it.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join