It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor #2 At Fukushima Detonates (third reactor explosion...now fourth!)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by jasmine23
Why are they warning people to stay indoors? wouldn't radiation vapors just seep inside anyway? would not a full evacuation be more protection to get those people as far away as possible from the radiation

Staying indoors will reduce your exposure to irradiated particulates. The key word being "reduce." Going outdoors is apparently not a good idea at this time!

Yes, it's probably too late for some of those people to go outdoors and leave the affected area safely without heavy radiation exposure. They waited too long for the government warn them.
edit on 14-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the info on the radiation,I feel so sorry for everyone in Japan

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
3rd one is the charm

or is it 3 strikes and were out

let's say that there is a bigger problem, if the government of Japan or USA says that there is a big threat with radiation, it would cause a mass hysteria, right?

yes, some people would panic.... so it makes you wonder if they would be honest about it, or how it effects the rest of the world.

it looks like the only way to know is if your hair starts falling out, which creates a problem for middle aged men or wayne rooney who are starting to receed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There are two important prayers in Japanese-

The Prayer of Amida Buddha:

Namu Amida Butsu, Namu Amida Butsu, Namu Amida Butsu...

and the Shinto prayer of thanks to the Universal Spirit:

Arigatou Gozaimasu, Tenchi Kane No Kami...

Prayers of all faiths, even just scientific good thoughts (like mine) are about all we can do for now;
Heartfelt thanks to everyone on this thread--

I will check back in tomorrow.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
# NEWS ADVISORY: Radiation 33 times normal level measured in Utsunomiya, Tochigi (13:12)

# NEWS ADVISORY: Radiation amount in Chiba Pref. twice to 4 times normal level (13:14)

Kyodo News

Utsunomiya is located about 110 kilometers to the southwest of Fukushima.

Chiba is located about 270 kilometers to the south of Fukushima.
edit on 14-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

I have lost all faith in Christianity due to my increasing need for scientific information and some life experiences but I will say that that since the travesty began my thoughts have went out to the Japanese. I tear up seeing them on TV crying and weeping and cant help feeling horrible being able to lay in my warm bed every night knowing that there are 1000's cold and suffering.

I cannot express in words what I really feel inside but if there is a God... Please help them and give them the strength they need to pull through this and prevail.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
30km NO FLY ZONE around Fukushima nuclear power plant. per Ministry

Kyodo News

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Again it is proven so well, that the stewards of the world are nothing more than a bunch of bungling morors, walking around saying how smart they are, and when really they are lucky if they are able to properly wipe their own arse.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So I have a very simple question.

All these redundant containments were created. BUT...if there isn't anything that can contain it after it goes into a meltdown, then why in the world is it even built?

Talk about a big game of russian roullette.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

edit on 15-3-2011 by Novatrino because: lame post

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
My heart and prayers go out to the people of Japan, and all life forms that are and will be affected by this terrible incident. This is one of saddest moments in history, One that for sure will never be forgotten.

I found this link that has official reports World Nuclear News for more info visit the link.

www.world-nuclear-news.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This world is officially cashed in.

There were all sorts of warnings and signs that people could have used to have awakened. But, people kept listening to the droning of the skeptic..."Nothing to see here, nothing out of the ordinary. Its preposterous to think otherwise, in fact, its preposterous to think."

Good job A-holes, You've helped to expedite the speed of this sinking ship.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I just came home from work, can someone recap what the hell has happened today?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Does anyone know what radiation poisoning does to a human?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
really need to pay attention to wind direction in relation to the reactors

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Qcuailon

i know, i feel very weird... i have never felt this way, i feel a sense of dread but also defeat... its somewhat relaxing but horrifying. I cant imagine the emotions of the people who are stuck n their homes... just waiting.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CelestialSon

Literally cooks them from the inside out

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CelestialSon

It's an invisible enemy. Radiation has a really big problem with our biological functioning, and essentially halts it. You could be severely affected and not know the worst effects until years down the line.

The radiation you're working with (in the case of the very, very brave Chernobyl souls) who were having to shovel debris from a roof that had so much radiation it caused their hands to cramp up, like arthritis. It caused intense heat and sweating.

When you hear suggestions of taking iodine to prepare for nuclear fallout and the like, it beefs up your ability to resist the radioactive material that goes to your thyroid and causes cancer and defects.

It's really nasty stuff, and people from Chernobyl are still affected. Radiation can cause intense skin burns, loss of hair, cancers... but that's generally reserved to massive amounts of radiation over a very short period of time, like in the cases of Chernobyl recovery workers (who were exposed to more radiation than you can fathom -- it's sickening).

Here's an article that will put the side effects into light with the recent developments:
Health effects from radiation

Think about all the nasty stuff that the sun would do to you if its rays weren't filtered through our atmosphere and all that... directly going into your lungs and organs, and how that would immediately effect you and for the rest of your life.

edit on 15-3-2011 by shagula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
30km NO FLY ZONE around Fukushima nuclear power plant. per Ministry

Kyodo News

OK this right here - scariest post I have seen in a while. That right there means that they don't want photos of fires and smoke.

If you are enclosed in a plane, are you at risk of radiation or explosion if not flying directly over the plant?

Am I wrong or can that rule only be to protect us from the truth?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The Japanese NEED to get those Fuel Rods as Close to absolute Zero as Possible.

Then on a Quantum Level things should slow down enough to encapsulate the Rods and Bury them Deep, Never to be seen again!

Main Issue is Remote Controlled Robotics/Mechanisms have to be able to pull the rods and with stand the extreme temperature.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join