It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor #2 At Fukushima Detonates (third reactor explosion...now fourth!)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm thinking along the lines of Edward Teller's ideas for using below ground explosions to dig canals, etc. without going atmospheric- Operation Plowshare.

The only reason I am even suggesting it is, I've slept in the dirt at the US Nevada Test Site in a military sleeping bag, and I'm still here to talk about it.

If those reactors can be sequestered under water, dirt, concrete, whatever-- maybe even build another Great Pyramid of whatever--

It will be fascinating to see what the solution will be.

I am in no way suggesting my idea is good, or even possible.

Keep thinking and praying...

We are all downwinders, now.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Maybe I'm confused by the micro and milli, but isn't this Yahoo article wrong in its statement that 11,900 microsieverts is less radiation than an X-ray?

Detectors showed 11,900 microsieverts of radiation three hours after the blast, up from just 73 microsieverts beforehand, Kinjo said. He said there was no immediate health risk because the higher measurement was less radiation that a person receives from an X-ray. He said experts would worry about health risks if levels exceed 100,000 microsieverts.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
# BREAKING NEWS: Fire at No.4 reactor apparently put out: Tokyo Electric (12:04)

Kyodo News

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: Hydrogen explosion occurs at Fukushima No. 4 reactor (11:53)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Source?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
dear lord,
when will it end??!!

i'm not even a religious person, but i have had everyone affected by this horrible chain of events on my mind since the beginning. i pray that those who've already lost their lives, died too fast to feel anything. i pray the earth settles down so that rebuilding/cleanup can commence and that all those still alive in the "LAND OF THE RISING SUN" will be healthy enough to start anew.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
reply to post by RUDDD

Source?

The same one.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by RUDDD

Source?

Kyodo news.

There was a hydrogen explosion that caused a fire that was put out mere minutes later.

link   

reply to post by RUDDD

Source?

He read the live feed here

link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Guardian, CNN, and Reuters online news not reporting this. I'm also listening to NHK and there has been no mention either.
edit on 3/14/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

link   
Here's an overhead of the facility and ocean before the disaster:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c1f3a3027b6.jpg[/atsimg]

It is temptingly close to the sea to just crack it off-

But- we eat fish...

And there is the issue of a bunch of above-ground waste storage casks, some of which may have already been carried to sea (if not full they can float)...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have plans for a new reactor design I am here willing to sell... Beings it just popped into my head while reading all your posts.
Who in their right minds thought it would be a good idea to play with such a phenomonon and let it reside so deeply rooted to our homes?

Simply house the whole power plant in a pre-staged booster rocket. In an event such as this a team could fuel the engine and remove support structures and shoot the whole meltdown into space. From there some other stage could set it on a course to the sun or somewhere near it.

Geez and we let this people shape our world.

I'd be happy with a .25 mil

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
Just get the japanese off that island! They arent muslims .. Let them,come to the usa.
edit on 14-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

I'm with you, these people are fine people. Look at the images, do you see any looting, pillaging or rioting? No, you do not and I expect will not. They are politely waiting in line to BUY something at the market, that by the way is NOT price gouging. I feel for these people and can not imagine the trauma and fear they are dealing with.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Yeah...... booster rockets never get damaged by 30 foot waves anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

U mean u cant drill a hole from shore too reactor,,
im sure if u tried

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KANE OG

well thats another thing, id have a 30ft thick sea wall right at the location as tall as a skyscraper

they could do it with spent fuel, would hasten the need for new technology to get into space cheaper.

redundancies.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Another good idea from Bob!!

There is always the old one million guys hanging from helicopters with buckets trick...

There has to be a happy ending for this someway, somehow!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Why are they warning people to stay indoors? wouldn't radiation vapors just seep inside anyway? would not a full evacuation be more protection to get those people as far away as possible from the radiation

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
Why are they warning people to stay indoors? wouldn't radiation vapors just seep inside anyway? would not a full evacuation be more protection to get those people as far away as possible from the radiation

Staying indoors will reduce your exposure to irradiated particulates. The key word being "reduce." Going outdoors is apparently not a good idea at this time!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Staying inside will keep the largest fallout/rainout particles off them and shielded at least by roof distance.

You are right that gasses like radon, argon, etc. will come right in- the only really safe place is in a shelter (or cave, or subway, or proper basement)---

Or very far away and crosswind/upwind.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join