It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor #2 At Fukushima Detonates (third reactor explosion...now fourth!)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I don't mean to be selfish here, just worried as my wife is currently 11 weeks pregnant, but would / could Radioactive fallout possible reach us here in South Africa? I Googled the distance between South Africa and Japan and it was +- 13000 Km's as compared to the distance from Japan to Canada which is about 8000 Km's?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i doubt anyone anywhere other than japan will be effected.

its very easy to get ATS syndrome and get sucked in to the fear mongering, and then to think that you are in danger when in reality, theirs most likely no danger to anyone other than those close to where this incident is happening in china ... and maybe to anyone who happens to live close to china in the pacific.

as far as i believe (i could well be wrong) ... for any bad dust to get to south africa, it would need to go all round the world the long way via jet stream , thats over the pacific, over america, over the atlantic, and maybe over france or that area... thats a long long way and if it was bad enough to get their i think most of the world would be in trouble.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
This may sound very morbid ... but its not meant to be.

Has their been any video of this 3rd explosion surfaced online yet?

Also, one thing that now worries me about this situation is that before the 3rd explosion the whole situation was covered pretty well by tv, scince this 3rd explosion theirs seems to be a bit of a black out going on and the news (well, bbc, i cant see anyone else at this moment) seem to be skipping over the story ... and combined with the announcement of a no fly zone gives me nothing but a sence that something pretty bad may have happened when the 3rd explosion happened!

The no fly zone pricked my ears as it can only mean one of two things ... that its really bad and they dont want people to see it so they can drip through information and not scare people ... or their is that much radiation that its dangerous to anyone flying in the atmosphere above it.

As of now, the explosion is just marked as eminent. No videos of the 3rd yet that I have seen...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zptramel

Agreed. This truly is the beginning of what's to come. Some people are going to claim that I am promoting "doom and gloom," but the fact is, I'm simply reporting on "REALITY."

The one thing that I can say will help to make things better is to support the planet and your fellow man by adopting UNCONDITIONAL LOVE as the backbone of who you are. It will help in more ways that you could possibly imagine. Be the happiness that others need to help get them through their tough times.

As for the skeptics who wouldn't listen and ran their mouths against the possibilities of March 11, 2011:
You guys really got comfortable in your little bubble thinking that nothing could ever truly happen in your little worlds....didn't you? SURPRISE!!!
You just keep pushing that agenda that everything is harmless and that nothing extraordinary can take place. Keep beating that drum. Some of you even think that you're safe just because there are "laws put in place to protect against accidents and bad things from happening." You can't litigate against nature or reality...eventually, it catches up with you.
Just because people don't "believe" that things are going to happen doesn't mean that their "skepticism" or non-belief is going to mitigate the possibilities, and now skeptics are finding out that their B.S. is catching up with them. How many of you mocked that girl who predicted the March 11, 2011 earthquake? How many of you mocked the other ATS member who nailed it as well?

There have been people trying to warn you and awaken you all along and mockery is all that you can offer...

As a reminder...
1. The New Madrid Fault Line has been activated.
2. Yellowstone Park has been activated
3. The San Andreas Fault Line has always been shaky
4. Earthquakes have been regularly occurring in Arkansas
5. Fema has recently ordered a heavy cache of emergency supplies.
6. Tons of animal die-offs have been occurring
7. BP oil spill HAS NOT GONE AWAY

Now, if you want to keep playing that, "Nothing is going on" card, then pleasant dreams...

To the adults:
Anyone who is responsible might start doing their best to drop hints to the people around them and their loved ones. Also, don't wait until a tragedy occurs to begin to let everyone know that you LOVE them. Become positivity. The more positive that you are, the more stability you will bring to your surroundings. Don't ignore the possibilities that something can occur through the act of denial. Stay educated about your surroundings and the world and use that knowledge to increase your awareness...DO NOT BECOME PARANOID, just be aware. If you do things right, you will ultimately realize that there's nothing to fear if you are connected properly and you will be able to follow the warning signs and the Universe will guide you to safety.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Qcuailon

you are most certainly proclaiming that the future is all doom and gloom dude!

ats syndrome at its finest.

its bad, really dam bad ... but really ... theirs nothing we can do till something happens in our area... till then stay calm and dont worry (like the hitchhikers guide says) or youll end up with stomach ulcers or headbutting a padded room wall due to the stress sending you over the edge!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

This is the vid I found about the 3rd reactor explosion. It has not happened yet, but they are saying it will... IDK... All I know is that What ever happens, I am prepared to accept what ever may fall...

edit on 15-3-2011 by chaosdefined because: Because I am a dumb Noob who forgot to say something when I posted the video...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Electronegativity

I don't mean to be selfish here, just worried as my wife is currently 11 weeks pregnant, but would / could Radioactive fallout possible reach us here in South Africa? I Googled the distance between South Africa and Japan and it was +- 13000 Km's as compared to the distance from Japan to Canada which is about 8000 Km's?

If I had to pick a bit of land to say "here is the safest place possible" it would have to be down here is South Africa.
Not only are we separated by the north/south hemisphere weather systems, we are possibly as far as you can be from japan, its very near completely opposite according to my globe.
Also between here and central Africa is the bit of land the further-est from any plate boundaries etc...
You can't get safer
don't sweat it

This is why I say, evacuate them to here, all of them.
Particularly since that flied lice plick! Siener Van Rensburg predicted that Japan would be Destroyed by an earth quake and now they say another big one is imminent... and TrueAmerican reckons the triple plate boundary is looking bad

Just start evacuating them to here already!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
report update

www.asahi.com...:en-GB
fficial%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALk Jrhi5pJwW6M1Q4lkHUJrt2sIc9qwtPw" target="_blank" class="postlink">TEPCO statement

here they state that "there were more than 50 explosions" already !

Hole in www.asahi.com...:en-GB
fficial%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALk JrhiiGLeyLOHCTz33qtnyebBz2EEbRQ" target="_blank" class="postlink">Unit 4

well this is disturbing really - 8 square metre hole
that is something to think about and act upon immediately

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMarkth
reply to post by Electronegativity

If I had to pick a bit of land to say "here is the safest place possible" it would have to be down here is South Africa.
Not only are we separated by the north/south hemisphere weather systems, we are possibly as far as you can be from japan, its very near completely opposite according to my globe.
Also between here and central Africa is the bit of land the further-est from any plate boundaries etc...
You can't get safer
don't sweat it

This is why I say, evacuate them to here, all of them.
Particularly since that flied lice plick! Siener Van Rensburg predicted that Japan would be Destroyed by an earth quake and now they say another big one is imminent... and TrueAmerican reckons the triple plate boundary is looking bad

Just start evacuating them to here already!!!

I don't know why you are so happy if you have such nuclear power-plant in your country
Probably one of the most unreliable in the world.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electronegativity

No. Americas is only slightly worries because Jet stream blows right through. We should not be worried at the moment but full meltdown of 1 core is 1000 atomic bombs of radiation. Might have moderate levels of radiation if that and mostly just infants and the 2nd and 3rd generations will see the negative effects. Buy your fish while its clean.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Im not in to fear mongering, but some facts are warranted as regards to what this could mean not only to Japan, but to others world wide.

Chernobyl, 20 odd years down the road from that disaster...

24 years later after the catastrophe.....

"Twenty four years after the catastrophe, restriction orders remain in place in the production, transportation and consumption of food contaminated by Chernobyl fallout. In the UK, they remain in place on 369 farms covering 750 km² and 200,000 sheep. In parts of Sweden and Finland, restrictions are in place on stock animals, including reindeer, in natural and near-natural environments. "In certain regions of Germany, Austria, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Lithuania and Poland, wild game (including boar and deer), wild mushrooms, berries and carnivorous fish from lakes reach levels of several thousand Bq per kg of caesium-137", while "in Germany, caesium-137 levels in wild boar muscle reached 40,000 Bq/kg. The average level is 6,800 Bq/kg, more than ten times the EU limit of 600 Bq/kg", according to the TORCH 2006 report. The European Commission has stated that "The restrictions on certain foodstuffs from certain Member States must therefore continue to be maintained for many years to come".[6]

As of 2009, sheep farmed in some areas of the UK are still subject to inspection which may lead to them being prohibited from entering the human food chain because of contamination arising from the accident:"

Source en.wikipedia.org...

Respects
edit on 15-3-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Just heard on Sky News that France pushes the danger up to level 7.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
Just get the japanese off that island! They arent muslims .. Let them,come to the usa.
edit on 14-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

I'm with you, these people are fine people. Look at the images, do you see any looting, pillaging or rioting? No, you do not and I expect will not. They are politely waiting in line to BUY something at the market, that by the way is NOT price gouging. I feel for these people and can not imagine the trauma and fear they are dealing with.

We should give them California. GIVE....not sell.

The Japanese will make it the paradise as it was intended.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Chernobyl was 1 reactor. This has the potential to be 3 reactors melting down. Again, just 3 meltdowns is a disaster we have yet to witness, and could possibly contaminate most of Japan for years.

The reason Chernobyl was a world disaster is because of the fire sparked (which could happen in Japan if their attempts to cool and submerge the fuel rods fail) which sent radioactive ash and dust up into the air and spread it as fallout.

This could still happen in Japan. you shouldn't assume it will and run for the hills, but you shouldn't ignore it either, this is big and the truth is trickling out, they are finally reporting radiation leaking from one of the reactors on the MsM here. I've also heard that they think the water cooling the spent fuel rods is boiling, if they become exposed they could ignite.

It's too hard to say what the outcome will be. What you can do is be aware of the worst case scenario, full meltdown and 1 or more reactors, then explosions and fires spreading the dust into the air, jet stream / trade winds carry that ash around the globe.

The dust will dissipate and this is the part that's hard to guess at. The sky isn't falling, but it's also not time to stick your head in the ground.

I do suggest that everyone here reading and posting on these related threads do what I and my family have done. Donate. Sure we can sit here and count the minutes til doom, and look for conspiracies and cover-ups related to this event. But if that is the extent of your involvement, I implore you to donate to the red cross fund or one of the various relief funds being setup. We have the luxury to sitting here on a website bickering about how bad this is or isn't.

The people in Japan have no food, water, power, fuel. are still getting aftershocks and are facing a 3 tiered nuclear disaster.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
you gotta love it when the nuclear energy apologists call reporting the facts "Fear Mongering".
sorry to tell all the atomic energy lovers here, but atomic energy is all but dead and buried as of last friday.

good riddance.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

France's ASN nuclear safety authority said on Monday the nuclear accident in Japan could be classed as level 5 or 6 on the international scale of 1 to 7, on a par with the 1979 U.S. Three Mile Island meltdown. The severity estimate, based on ASN's assessment of data provided by Japan, is above the rating of 4 that Japan's nuclear safety agency has given the accident at Tokyo Electric Power Co's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. "Level four is a serious level," ASN President Andre-Claude Lacoste told a news conference, but added: "We feel that we are at least at level five or even at level six."

www.trust.org...

I think we'll hear more from all over the world now in regards to the actual information we are being given by Japan.

As much as they don't want to lose face or have a collapsed economy, some truth and exact details might be more useful than trying to keep things quiet..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

I don't know why you are so happy if you have such nuclear power-plant in your country Probably one of the most unreliable in the world. en.wikipedia.org...

Not sure why you felt the need for a bit of mud slinging there, but all the more reason to evacuate the Japanese to here, they can run that sucker for us

Anyway its had less problems in its lifetime than countries have in one year. Stats say 99 incidents for 2009 world wide, leading the numbers are France and the US, none for us...
Not a good comparison at all since these countries have plenty reactors, but kinda gives you and Idea....

Anyway as for japan, when look at reactor number three after the explosion it seems to be "crushed" at the top compared with number 1, it looks to me like the concrete container is damaged, its superstructure is much lower than number 1's.
Is there a schematic somewhere we could look at to compare the height of whats left and where the concrete structure would be?
edit on 15-3-2011 by SirMarkth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
opps
this just got it

Radiation from Japan's quake-stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant has reached harmful levels, the government says.

The warning comes after the plant was rocked by a third blast, which appears to have damaged one of the reactors' containment systems for the first time. If it is breached, there are fears of more serious radioactive leaks. Officials have extended the danger zone, warning residents within 30km (18 miles) to evacuate or stay indoors.

BBC News

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

south africa have a nuclear reactor in cape town.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by affeyee

You failed to quote this from that article:

The government later said that radiation levels at the plant's main gate had fallen sharply.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join