It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Reactor #2 At Fukushima Detonates (third reactor explosion...now fourth!)

page: 16
83
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearzooka
reply to post by Riff2525
 


www.ustream.tv...

There's one from Tokyo, however, it's the only stream I know of.


Edit: for comparison, at 8am PST the counter read ~13cpm....as of 9:47amPST the counter reads 26.4cpm.

My heart goes out to those in Japan right now....tough times ahead...
edit on 15-3-2011 by Bearzooka because: (no reason given)



Worth mentioning


Normal range is usually under 60 CPM. Over 130 is not good.
source


So still very much in the normal range....




posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL

Originally posted by Riff2525
Ok...So on fox they had a scientist who was doing radiation levels on the reporters. The lady reporter had a geiger counter on her side that read around 9.....The doctor told her that you have to be concerned if it reaches 30. Now on fox they're saying that radiation levels in Tokyo are 7x normal level.. If my math is correct:
9x7= 63

Am I missing something here????


No, the people in Tokyo should not be concerned. The lady reporter should be.

7x normal level is nothing to be concerned about. It's orders of magnitude below the level where you'd be concerned regarding short term exposure. Only if this persisted for the rest of your life would you be worried.


To give you some idea, the average radiation dose in some parts of Europe is 20x higher than the world average. The increased risk of cancer is only measured with very careful statistical studies. For any given individual it's not a concern.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by callacas
 


Do you have a source for these?



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay
 


Anyone note the subject matter on THE EVENT tv show last night? Much talk of the impact of a nuclear power plant meltdown, talk of the melting rods, radioactive fallout, etc. Coincidentally, there is a scene with the actors playing the US President and a Japanese official. Listening carefully you know he's Japanese because he says "Domo arigato" when he leaves. Of all the countries in the world that could be meeting with the Pres, it was Japan. Freaky?



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by N4mYourself
reply to post by Chakotay
 


Anyone note the subject matter on THE EVENT tv show last night? Much talk of the impact of a nuclear power plant meltdown, talk of the melting rods, radioactive fallout, etc. Coincidentally, there is a scene with the actors playing the US President and a Japanese official. Listening carefully you know he's Japanese because he says "Domo arigato" when he leaves. Of all the countries in the world that could be meeting with the Pres, it was Japan. Freaky?



Actually I've notice that they've many stations have been playing disaster/doomsday flicks.....



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Effects of Radiation Levels on the Human Body
Dose-rem Effects
5-20 Possible late effects; possible chromosomal damage.
20-100 Temporary reduction in white blood cells.
100-200 Mild radiation sickness within a few hours: vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue; reduction in resistance to infection.
200-300 Serious radiation sickness effects as in 100-200 rem and hemorrhage; exposure is a Lethal Dose to 10-35% of the population after 30 days (LD 10-35/30).
300-400 Serious radiation sickness; also marrow and intestine destruction; LD 50-70/30.
400-1000 Acute illness, early death; LD 60-95/30.
1000-5000 Acute illness, early death in days; LD 100/10.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearzooka
 



Dear Sir - Yes but the text is in Swed ;

blogg.klart.se...
Martin Hedberg is a physicist and a forecast meteorologist.
Thanks for responding !



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
Effects of Radiation Levels on the Human Body
Dose-rem Effects
5-20 Possible late effects; possible chromosomal damage.
20-100 Temporary reduction in white blood cells.
100-200 Mild radiation sickness within a few hours: vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue; reduction in resistance to infection.
200-300 Serious radiation sickness effects as in 100-200 rem and hemorrhage; exposure is a Lethal Dose to 10-35% of the population after 30 days (LD 10-35/30).
300-400 Serious radiation sickness; also marrow and intestine destruction; LD 50-70/30.
400-1000 Acute illness, early death; LD 60-95/30.
1000-5000 Acute illness, early death in days; LD 100/10.


In portland they show now 43. Is that the same 43 as stated here. Temporary reduction in white blood cells?

Does that mean in Chiba they had 180? They should start feeling sick in a few hours?

I dont understand the numbers

edit on 15-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours
 


43 what? Source?



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
3rd one is the charm

or is it 3 strikes and were out


let's say that there is a bigger problem, if the government of Japan or USA says that there is a big threat with radiation, it would cause a mass hysteria, right?


Sandomenoshogiki. Third time is the truth. Japanese have a similar expression.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearzooka
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours
 


43 what? Source?


Radiation network



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours
 


It looks to me like that map is using a different ratings system than the one you posted. It mentions CPM instead of REM. But I'm not an expert, so I may be wrong.

EDIT: Reading the text below the map, it says that anywhere from 5 - 60 CPM is normal, so you are fine in Portland. If it's over 130, then you would have cause for concern.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Dark Master because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thanks all for keeping us updated with your observations and concerns.

I'll be back later today after work to check in.

One observation after a quick glance over some of the posts: years ago before the Internet, I moved to an area that the scanty paper data available based upon 150 years of observations indicated "never had earthquakes".

That area is now known to be under extreme tectonic stress and poised to deliver an earthquake/tsunami of such magnitude that Richter's scale has no corresponding number large enough to describe it.

So it is probably true that reactors and infrastructure in every country are at risk from the heavy hand of Mother Nature. We just don't have long data on seismic activity or magnitudes.




posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hi All,

I Just wanted to say that I have been a long time lurker but this disaster brought me out of hiding. I have collected some links over the last few days and wanted to put them here, thought it might be helpful. Also I live in California and I have taken every precaution to be prepared for any disaster thanks to a year of ATS reading. I apologize if I did not comply by some rule (my first post).

Geiger Counters

Geiger Counter - Tokyo
Geiger Counter -Tokyo (might be hoax, not sure)
Radiation Network - U.S

News

NHK World - live stream
NHK World - Live stream (another choice)
Yokoso News - One man news team - Off air at the moment

Potassium Iodide

Best place - ebay.
I placed an order with CVS and they sent me a letter two days later saying they have canceled my order. Every major store is on back order except for ebay because inventory is on hand when auctions are listed.


Instructions on dosage - FDA


My prayers are with the poor souls in need right now.

edit on 15-3-2011 by JustBreathe11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustBreathe11
Hi All,

I Just wanted to say that I have been a long time lurker but this disaster brought me out of hiding. I have collected some links over the last few days and wanted to put them here, thought it might be helpful. Also I live in California and I have taken every precaution to be prepared for any disaster thanks to a year of ATS reading. I apologize if I did not comply by some rule (my first post).

Geiger Counters

...

Radiation Network - U.S



Just wanted to make note that the U.S. Radiation Network link is no longer updating. It went down several hours ago (404 error), and since it has come back up it's been "stuck" at the same time without updating - 8:21 AM on 3/15/11

Michelle



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th
 


Really? It's working just fine for me. Last update: 12:30 PM 3/15/2011



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
BBC reporting that there was a 4th explosion-which happened shortly after the 3rd.
no link yet.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustBreathe11
Hi All,

I Just wanted to say that I have been a long time lurker but this disaster brought me out of hiding. I have collected some links over the last few days and wanted to put them here, thought it might be helpful. Also I live in California and I have taken every precaution to be prepared for any disaster thanks to a year of ATS reading. I apologize if I did not comply by some rule (my first post).

Geiger Counters

Geiger Counter - Tokyo
Geiger Counter -Tokyo (might be hoax, not sure)
Radiation Network - U.S

News

NHK World - live stream
NHK World - Live stream (another choice)
Yokoso News - One man news team - Off air at the moment

Potassium Iodide

Best place - ebay.
I placed an order with CVS and they sent me a letter two days later saying they have canceled my order. Every major store is on back order except for ebay because inventory is on hand when auctions are listed.


Instructions on dosage - FDA


My prayers are with the poor souls in need right now.

edit on 15-3-2011 by JustBreathe11 because: (no reason given)



www.ustream.tv... one now 17.50 so gone up a little from before.

I noticed ebay sellers have adjusted delivery times also.
Amazon have also seen lots activity for this.
Saw also that some are looking at crystals-its possible to make these with tincure of iodine which seems easy to get hold of.




top topics



 
83
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join