It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
100+ flags for a winge? Is this what people love on ATS?

"I'm a westerner - I'm not a fascist or a racist - Tell me i'm lying". - See....i don't raise nonsense like this, it's pointless. Butthurt over stereotypes; get over it. If you don't like being stereotyped then don't buy to the dogma of Islam which is easy enough to stereotype.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
I suppose your problem is much like a moderate Christians, the extremists get in the way.

Oh, please. When was the last time you've heard of an "extremist Christian"? Extremist Christians wake you up at 8:30am on a Saturday to hand you a free Bible. Extremist Muslims blow up buses full of innocent women and children. There is a huge difference. Show me the last time a Christian blew up a school in the name of God. News flash - there are virtually none, and there are a lot more Christians than Muslims.

Here is the issue: even the "moderate" Muslims still largely support Sharia law, largely have little respect for women (yes, even female Muslims often see women as second-class citizens) and while they may not be violent themselves, do not get upset at the idea of violence against Americans.

I graduated from college in 2009 with a degree in Electrical Engineering. I had the pleasure of getting to know many Muslims, both American-born first generation kids and kids from other countries on student visas. I have never met one that I haven't thought was a great kid. However, you have to realize that Muslims that would not denounce harm against America aren't 0.1% of the population. I'd be willing to bet more than half of the Muslims in the world would not denounce attacks against Americans - they may not necessarily be violent themselves and would never want to directly hurt someone, but I doubt they'd be appalled enough to speak out against it. Personal experience.

Islam is a very, very different culture than Christianity. The tolerance and acceptance just isn't there. If you don't believe me, be a white guy at a Muslim wedding. Or even worse, be a white girl attending a Muslim wedding and wear a dress that is knee high or higher and you will have every woman in the room sneering at you and talking about you behind-your-back-but-in-front-of-your-face. Yes, I have Muslim friends, but I have learned the hard way that their families will often never see you as an equal and will always treat you like less of a human. For those of you that haven't experienced this, I urge you to attend a Muslim wedding for one of your Muslim friends.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

You're a Muslim you say.

Riddle me this,

Have you read the entire Koran in Arabic?

When you pray, are the first words you speak out not lies? "I testify that..." while you cannot testify as you were not an eyewitness...?

I don't think you're Muslim, I think you're brainwashed. I do believe that you think you are Muslim.

BTW, religion does not run in blood. And you REALLY REALLY aren't a Muslim. You're a human.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

Oh, please. When was the last time you've heard of an "extremist Christian"? Extremist Christians wake you up at 8:30am on a Saturday to hand you a free Bible. Extremist Muslims blow up buses full of innocent women and children.

Just because you haven't heard of one it doesn't mean they don't exist, eg. televangelists. Go ahead, laugh, but laugh while trying to understand the damage that is done by them, it really isn't funny at all!

Apart from that, extremist Muslims do not blow up themselves. They get handicapped or mentally retarded people to do it for them! The extremist Muslims are just like your extremist Christians; they use the mentally and intellectually challenged people to do their bidding for them. Catholic Churches, Mosques etc. etc.

A free bible you say, lol, do you know who payed for those bibles?
Did you ever get taught that nothing is free?

And that is not to mention the so called Muslim extremists that are hired by Great Brittain in order to scare some of you white Christian folk out there into voting or donating or giving up a human right or two.

Looking at your post, it seems that you're a white Christian scared person! Don't tell me if I'm right.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I feel for you my brother and all of you who are so caught up in the organized religion thing. But hey, it's your thing and you've got a right to not eat bacon because "It's the Law"....holy crap no bacon? Really? No Italian sausage smothered in saute'd onions and green peppers....with all the pork fat and olive oil soaked into the bread...yeah all drippin down my fat chin... washed down with three fingers of single malt scotch......yeh something aged in a sherry cask for about 25 years..... No really, hummus sounds great dude!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It's kind of sad that you have to post this, really very sad.

I honestly believe that the majority of people know that most Muslims are perfectly peaceful people. A small amount of extremists damage the name of the religion, but what i find astounding is that every single religion has it's extremists and yet Muslims seem to be the group currently under the most attack.

Why this is i'm not sure, other than the fact many Muslims happen to live in areas where oil and other resources are plentiful, so by making the entire religion an enemy those countries are easy to invade, the oil taken while destabilizing entire regions which ends up benefiting the USA as they are the only superpower.

Just my opinion of course

There is also the rather large possibility we are seeing the beggining of a new holy war. The Christians and Muslims always loved a bit of a war to decide which one of you had the right god. Funny neither of you realise that each side believes as strongly as the other you have the right god without any evidence at all you are correct.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Lol man it's not just Muslims who don't eat that stuff, anyone who doesn't want a heart attack at 50 tends to avoid it. Bacon is nice but it should be a rare treat.

And Hummus is lovely! Ever eaten freshly picked fennel dipped in hummus? Mmmmmmmm.
edit on 8-3-2011 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

That's all BULLSH$T! Heart disease is viral or bacterial, naturally occuring lipids are good. Don't believe the Medical-pharmical propaganda, they only want to sell you "Lipator", "Crestor" and other poisons. But you won't believe me. You'll demand proof and I'm not going to give it to you because you have to find it all out on your own. Everything they taught you in schoool is a lie. Everything they taught you in your churches, mosques and temple's are lies....well maybe some truth...a couple of grains of sand beneath a mountain of lies perpetuated to keep you submissive. The truth is within....yourself!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Erm the science is very clear, by saying i've been brainwashed or convinced by the industry or whatever else gives you an untouchable position because no matter what i provide you can claim it's propoganda. This isn't debate of course, it's personal attack. It's basically ignoring evidence. Indeed I can use your own argument against you rather easily.

If heart disease wasn't tied to meat then the drug companies would make a fortune out of the viral and biological cure, they win either way. The simple fact is that vegetarian and vegan populations suffer far less heart disease. Those who consume meat 1-3 times per week seem to have similar life expectancies as vegetarians so meat can be healthy.

And btw, i'm an atheist meat eater so your little attempt to paint me into a group kind of failed

Either way your post continues to be off topic.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

You're a Muslim you say.

Riddle me this,

Have you read the entire Koran in Arabic?

When you pray, are the first words you speak out not lies? "I testify that..." while you cannot testify as you were not an eyewitness...?

I don't think you're Muslim, I think you're brainwashed. I do believe that you think you are Muslim.

BTW, religion does not run in blood. And you REALLY REALLY aren't a Muslim. You're a human.

Even if he read the entire Qur'an in arabic, it doesn't necessarily mean that he understands it. There are people who have memorized the Qur'an, but don't understand it. That's not what Muslims recite first. They recite a chapter of the Qur'an which actually begins, in what means, "In the Name of Allah...". Not "I testify that...". I believe you are ignorantly referring to the Shahadah, which is the "Testification of Faith", which renders a non-Muslim Muslim, which is "I testify that no one deserves to be worshipped except Allah, and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah".

"Testify" meaning "I know (without doubt), believe, and declare".

edit on 8-3-2011 by Reprobation because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2011 by Reprobation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mineI

I don't know you. I have not read any of your posts. I don't know what you believe or what your sympathies are. I can't call you a liar, it would mean I'm passing judgement on someone I don't know. I will give you a fair shake and see what you have to say. I'm sorry if you have felt trampled on by defensive posters. We in America are afraid of Muslims right now. We tend to lump them all together and we are braced for more conflict. We did the same thing to the Japanese after 1941. It's just human behavior. I hope you can ride it out, and keep on stating your opinions here. If their are no moderate, non-violent Muslims speaking out, how can we know they exist? Look how we all reacted to the mosque being built near ground zero!! Chin up, and I'm in your camp.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

If heart disease wasn't tied to meat then the drug companies would make a fortune out of the viral and biological cure, they win either way.

Actually there is far more money to be made treating the symptoms of a disease than there is in curing it. You can treat symptoms for the rest of someones life, or you can cure them once.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
three and three,

You never cited any real evidence, that more than 80 percent of the mosques in America are run by extremists.

NYT, Tues., March 8 2011

"Not much spreads fear and bigotry faster than a public offical intent on playing the politics of division. Representative Peter King, the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, is scheduled to open a series of hearings that seem designed to stoke fear against American Muslims. His refusal to tone down the provocation despite widespread opposition suggests that he is far more interested in exploiting ethnic misunderstanding.

He says the hearings will examine the supposed radicalization of American Muslims.

Most pernicious, he has claimed that American Muslims have generally refused to cooperate with law enforcement agencies on terrorism cases. He has cited no evidence for this, either, but a study issued last month by Duke University and UNIVERISITY of North Carolina found just the opposite.

The American Muslim community has been the single largest source of tips that have brought terror suspects to the attention of authorities, the study found. [ It also found that the number of American Muslims found or suspected to be a part of terror operations dropped substantially in 2010.]"

Denis McDonough, President Obama's deputy national security advisor, aimed a speech directly at Mr. King on Sunday when he said at a Virginia mosque that this nation does not practice guilt by association. An unrepentant Mr. King later told the Times that there is no need to investigate any other group."
edit on 8-3-2011 by Erno86 because: added more quotes

NYT, SAME DATE, Bob Herbert, Flailing After Muslims
a few quotes:

"The great danger of these hearings, in addition to undermining fundamental American values, is that for no good reason-- nearly a decade after the terrible attacks of Seot. 11, 2001--- they will intensify the already overheated anti- Muslim feeling in the U.S.

There is nothing wrong with the relentless investigation of terrorism. That's essential. But that is not the same as singling out, sterotyping and harrasing an entire community.

What are we doing? Do we want to demonize innocent people and trample on America's precious freedom of religion?

Or do we want to stop terrorism?

There is no real rhyme or reason to Congressman King's flailing after Muslims. Witch hunts, after all, are about seeing what kind of ugliness might fortuitously turn up. "
edit on 8-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
Actually there is far more money to be made treating the symptoms of a disease than there is in curing it. You can treat symptoms for the rest of someones life, or you can cure them once.

That doesn't disprove anything i said for two reasons.

If heart disease is bacterial or virulogical then drug companies would convince peopel who had heart disease to take the medications long term, if we are to believe they are as deceptive as some suggest.

More importantly the drug companies have utterly obliterated various disease through vaccination, the vaccines make them very little money, if they wanted to make money they would hold back vaccines and allow us to die, treating the illnesses with antibiotics. The antibiotics would make them an incredible amount of money while allowing plenty of us to die. As would selling us anti viral treatments.

Consider the amount of money they lose by offering up vaccines and the amount of people who live instead of dying by giving vaccines.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am open to suggestions, but I have to say that the OP seems like a nice guy. I suggest he leave the violent Muslim religion and become a peace-loving Christian. Jesus taught love, M taught kill the infidels. It's pretty basic.

Your thread, to me, is the equivalent of Adolph Hitler telling the British before the blitzkreig that he had peaceful intentions. Remember?

So, "Muslim" is getting to sound more like "Nazi" to me day by day.

Remember the Twin Towers. It was done for Allah.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
I am open to suggestions, but I have to say that the OP seems like a nice guy. I suggest he leave the violent Muslim religion and become a peace-loving Christian. Jesus taught love, M taught kill the infidels. It's pretty basic.

Your thread, to me, is the equivalent of Adolph Hitler telling the British before the blitzkreig that he had peaceful intentions. Remember?

So, "Muslim" is getting to sound more like "Nazi" to me day by day.

Remember the Twin Towers. It was done for Allah.

Peace lovig Christian? Rememeber the abortion doctor killed by a Christain? Remember the homosexual clubs firebomed by Christians? Hell remember George W Bush claiming god told him to invade Iraq when there was no evidence of weapons and Bin Laden was actually in Saudi Arabia? A Christian taking an action that killed millions. Sorry but your religion is just as bad as Islam. Both groups have extremists and to judge either group by their extremists is utterly stupid.

Maybe if you stepped back for a moment you would realise you had plenty in common with the average Muslim. Most of them want peace, most of them are kind, giving, sharing people.

Stop being an emissary of fear and distrust. Remember that Jesus told you to accept your brothers and sisters, he told you to turn the other cheek. It amazes me you forget these lessons.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Times change, but the reason for this is because of the floods of people who were crying over the privately chosen puppet Barack HUSSEIN Obama. They wanted the other choice of the two party system, and ATS was their chosen dump site.

I wouldn't classify myself in any religious belief system. But Jesus left a clear message that much could be learned from. And that was acceptance.
edit on 8-3-2011 by lawlb0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I have not read this entire thread but I have to respond to the statement that Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe in the same God. You can put all the spin on it that you want to but you can never erase the facts. It is a fact that Mohammad was raised in sect of pagans that believed their moon god called "Allah" was a superior. It is a fact that Mohammad took this moon god and elevated it to the status of the "only god".
It is a fact that Mohammad was illiterate and nothing he claimed to have ever prophesied was actually written down by himself. His followers wrote things on leaves and rocks and hundreds of years later compiled these things into one collection. It is a fact that the message of the Quran clearly changes as the situation of Mohammad and his followers change. It is a fact that the Quran teaches brotherhood BETWEEN MUSLIMS but teaches extreme hatred and murder towards infidels. It is a fact that Sharia Law is NOT extremest but is indeed the teaching of the Quran. It is a fact that if you accept the message of the Quran and sell out to it wholeheartedly then you will to be strapping on the TNT and taking out passenger planes.

Christians and Jews do the follow the same God but Muslims do not. Muslims follow a pagan god who is otherwise known as Satan. Jesus is Lord and God Almighty, not some highly regarded prophet or just some nice guy. It is only by Jesus that we are forgiven and Islam is just another path to hell.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join