It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Question to OP:

Are you familiar with some radical islamistic groups, have any kind of contacts with them?
I dare mention, frank answer please.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I have not read this entire thread but I have to respond to the statement that Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe in the same God. You can put all the spin on it that you want to but you can never erase the facts. It is a fact that Mohammad was raised in sect of pagans that believed their moon god called "Allah" was a superior. It is a fact that Mohammad took this moon god and elevated it to the status of the "only god".
It is a fact that Mohammad was illiterate and nothing he claimed to have ever prophesied was actually written down by himself. His followers wrote things on leaves and rocks and hundreds of years later compiled these things into one collection. It is a fact that the message of the Quran clearly changes as the situation of Mohammad and his followers change. It is a fact that the Quran teaches brotherhood BETWEEN MUSLIMS but teaches extreme hatred and murder towards infidels. It is a fact that Sharia Law is NOT extremest but is indeed the teaching of the Quran. It is a fact that if you accept the message of the Quran and sell out to it wholeheartedly then you will to be strapping on the TNT and taking out passenger planes.

Christians and Jews do the follow the same God but Muslims do not. Muslims follow a pagan god who is otherwise known as Satan. Jesus is Lord and God Almighty, not some highly regarded prophet or just some nice guy. It is only by Jesus that we are forgiven and Islam is just another path to hell.

It is true that Muhammad was raised amongst idolaters/pagans, but he didn't adopt this belief.

It is contradictory to believe in a so-called "moon God" and be Muslim, for that belief contradicts the fundamentals in the credo of God Muslims have. Muslims believe in One, transcendent, sempiternal, beginning-less, incomparable Creator Who is not a spatial entity, whereas Christians and Jews believe that God is a big man in the sky/Heavens. The Muslim belief in God is clear of theomorphism, whereas Christians and Jews display blatant anthropomorphism. Muslims say that God is not a physical object/spatial entity because whatever takes up space is in need of that space to exist. God doesn't need anything, therefore isn't physical, otherwise, you can't apply physicality to God and then say God doesn't need anything, it's mutually contradictory. This is where Muslims and Christians/Jews differ in the belief in The Creator. The Muslim belief in The Creator is totally unlike the Christians and Jews...

It wasn't hundreds of years, it was after he died, within the caliphate of Abu Bakr that they compiled the Qur'an.

If the Qur'an said to strap yourselves with bombs and blow up planes, then, frankly, you wouldn't be here. The Qur'an categorically condemns any unjust killing. Take a look at this thread I made some time ago about Wahhabis (www.abovetopsecret.com...).Wahhabis misconstrue the Religious Texts and claim that blowing oneself up in front of any one other then who follows there erroneous credo is valid. They inflict these egregious acts upon the Muslims and, in addition, label this act as "jihad" - one of the prohibitions of jihad is to kill the women and children, which is something Wahhabis are blatantly doing.

Reporter: If you go to school in Saudi Arabia, what do you learn about people who are not followers of Wahhabi, of the prophet?

Boy: "The religious curriculum in Saudi Arabia teaches you that people are basically two sides: Salafis [Wahhabis], who are the winners, the chosen ones, who will go to heaven, and the rest. The rest are Muslims and Christians and Jews and others. They are either kafirs, who are deniers of God, or mushrak, putting gods next to God, or enervators, that's the lightest one. The enervators of religion who are they call the Sunni Muslims who ... for instance, celebrate Prophet Mohammed's birthday, and do some stuff that is not accepted by Salafis. And all of these people are not accepted by Salafi as Muslims. As I said, "claimant to Islam." And all of these people are supposed to be hated, to be persecuted, even killed. And we have several clergy -- not one Salafi clergy -- who have said that against the Shi'a and against the other Muslims. And they have done it in Algeria, in Afghanistan. This is the same ideology. They just have the same opportunity. They did it in Algeria and Afghanistan, and now New York. ..."

Reporter: What do you mean, it reached New York?

Boy: "Well, when it was a local problem, the American media did not really care much about it. But until September 11, you saw how this faith of hate, I call it, did to all of us, to New Yorkers and to the rest of the world, honestly. ..."

Reporter: But the Saudi government has condemned what happened on September 11.... Boy: "... Yes, Prince Nayif condemned bin Laden, and other princes... Prince Turki condemned bin Laden. They did not condemn that message. They condemned bin Laden. ... Bin Laden learned this in Saudi Arabia. He didn't learn it in the moon. That message that Bin Laden received, it still is taught in Saudi Arabia. And if bin Laden dies, and this policy or
curriculum stays, we will have other bin Ladens. ..."

PBS interviews boy who went to Wahhabi School

The Muslim belief in The Creator is faaar from pagan beliefs or idolatry.

If, according to you, Jesus was God. Then, as someone may say, who did Jesus pray to? As someone may say, did God pray to God, since you claim Jesus was God?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well your whole rant with capitals (shouting) and your general tone ofyour whole post just sums up what your were trying to disprove really doesn't it!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Question to OP:

Are you familiar with some radical islamistic groups, have any kind of contacts with them?

You know what really gets me about this character, this OP claims not to be violent, and so far I noticed a couple of post that was taken off by the mods due to manners and decorum , and the arrogant responses by the OP. Seems here this OP is not very credible about not being violent. And for that matter credibility for being honest is thrown out the door as well.

As for all the flags, it must come from comrades.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The real differences around the world today are not between Jews and Arabs; Protestants and Catholics; Muslims, Croats, and Serbs. The real differences are between those who embrace peace and those who would destroy it; between those who look to the future and those who cling to the past; between those who open their arms and those who are determined to clench their fists. ~ William J. Clinton, 1997

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Reply to My.Mind.Is.Mine

I gave you a star, and I want to say that I believe you. Do not be overly dismayed by posts that say they do NOT believe you. You need to understand that you are a victim of the information (maybe mis-information) about Muslims that says the Quran condones lying in order to protect the faith from the infidels. I don't know if the Quran says that or not, but most Americans believe this; at least it is my experience in talking with numerous people about this subject that they do. I would like very much your input on this allegation.

I have to agree with those who are asking, "Where is the moderate Muslims outrage at the attacks on America and Americans, which have been going on for decades around the world? They should be gathering in crowds around the world in major cities decrying terrorism and the evil acts of those terrorists. After all, if true Islam is against terrorism, then these 'true Muslims' are being attacked, as well, for their faith is being destroyed by the extremists/terrorists. This is what non-Muslims cannot abide nor understand. Again, I would like to read your input on this. I want a dialogue with you, so that I can better understand your perspective and your faith.

I appreciate YOUR speaking out against this evil, but hundreds of thousands of good Muslims need to be doing the same. Non-Muslims do not understand why they are not doing this, if they are against the evil done by rogue Muslims.

Please help us understand. All the best to you! Peace and love.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

If you're against violence you picked the wrong religion buddy. I've done a lot of research into the different religions and sad to say, if you think the Koran isn't violent or pro-war in the name of God then you're either:

a)Unable to read or understand what you're reading.
b)Reading selected passages given to you by someone else.
c)Lying

As a help I add this quote:

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)
Google search on this quote.

So... to sum up, I think you're probably not a violent person - but you sir, are a terrible model muslim if you're not.

In'Lakesh.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Every time the tide begins to turn for the better in regards to this extremists situation some moron pops off with some yipyap and causes a chaos.

TPTB will not allow anything Pro Muslim or anything that puts it in a positive light as they all want the oil to control the world. They cannot have that as the direct and national perception over Islam will change for the positive and God forbid anyone does that. This is definitive proof that Muslims in general are being kept down as if you think we got it bad stateside spend a month in Palestine and see how bad they've got it there and makes what we got here look golden to someone from there.

In that regard we do have some mutual and declared foes. They fight for their homeland while we fight to maintain freedom.

They are sick and tired of being literately sick and tired of having their families and neighbourhood annhilated by foreign forces all to get all the oil that sits under thier homes, thier schools, their businesses.

That is what is at stake here and a major reason (No. 3) for getting off of oil as a fuel source as EV's and hybrids are the way forward with no petrol powered vehicle to be produced new by 2030. Solar, wind, hydra power is currently achieving this goal.

Look at who is financing this, this is a stated, confirmed and approved long range goal of TPTB is utter destruction of the Middle East.

Modern Islam like Modern Judaism, Modern Christinaity/Catholicism and just about everything else has been twusted and manipulated so many times by radicalia entities who commonly misread and misinterpret the message that an attempt to convey is being performed meaning simply put, people who do not have the mental capacity nor proficiency should not take a stand against a faith you know little about. It is when you are fully informed by being able to instantly be able to recognize a mistruth as a lie and be able to inform the target why they are wrong.

If you start reading any Holy Text and before you pick up the text have a reservation that is rooted in skepticism, biased you will fail from the getgo as you cannot look at Islam the same way you do Christianity as the way you see your faith applies to your faith only and if used to look at another faith instantly clouds the judgement as it makes you biased.

Another master problem is that in the entire memebership of The League Of Arab Nations which is a 23 member nation board which consists of :
Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya (suspended), Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates & Yemen

are all ran by the same groups for decades without no hope for reform or real change that is so desperately needed as witnessed in the recent and ongoing uprisings which have led to the fall of 15 dictators and roughly 20 regimes. We are all dealing with the same bunch of douchebags stateside that are trying to pull a play there.

edit on 9-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I believe I got the answer I was after. He/she was born into a Muslim family. Therefore not much choice as to the final outcome at adulthood unless they choose to be ostracised from their family.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Why should we bother whether you are lying OP?
I'm sure you are honest.
So?
edit on 9-3-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Question to OP:

You know what really gets me about this character, this OP claims not to be violent, and so far I noticed a couple of post that was taken off by the mods due to manners and decorum , and the arrogant responses by the OP. Seems here this OP is not very credible about not being violent. And for that matter credibility for being honest is thrown out the door as well.

As for all the flags, it must come from comrades.

Correct, it's highly suspicious.
Also, first time I've noticed on ATS this type of situation being developing about it.
As far as I'm concerned, abused stars and flags. Violation in its other form.
They should put a much more effort to convince these people here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceChimp
reply to post by rusethorcain

I believe I got the answer I was after. He/she was born into a Muslim family. Therefore not much choice as to the final outcome at adulthood unless they choose to be ostracised from their family.

That is the same as being born into many religions to greater and lesser extent, depending on the ferocity of the faith. Everyone likes to keep it in the family...their religion that is. People even like to keep their races pure without realizing it and without being what one would call racist...it is a matter of pride.
I think it is kind of stupid myself but old habits die hard.
eg. My bf is Italian on both sides.
If his mom could trade me for an Italian chick I think she would do it in a second.
And she likes me. It doesn't matter though.
Blood ties have a strong connection within families, particularly to the "religions" within families.

There was a time in the long cold winter of our evolution where this blind allegiance was beneficial, the camaraderie essential for survival.
However as time goes by the closed minded approach has outlived it's usefulness and should be discarded.... like a heavy coat in the spring.

It is spring.

We are one world, one species and we should start to behave that way.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I am Irish and I am not an alcoholic.
I just thought you should know.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

You can take a lot of sentences out of any book and fit them to your agenda.

If this line is read in context with the rest of the surah it clearly shows to the reader that in times of war and when under attack that although you don't like to fight you must....

your google search merely throws up a plethora of ignorant and bigoted interpretations fitted to an anti-muslim agenda.

from the mouth of jesus himself: "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" Gospel of Matthew 10:34

and there are many parts of deuteronomy that can be misconstrued just as easily....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
If OP says he is Muslim, he is called a liar because if his interpretation of his faith - or the interpretation of his faith that his sect follows - rejects violence, then it must mean he isn't a "real" Muslim. If he says he condemns violence and terror, he is called a liar. If he says he doesn't believe in Sharia law, he is told he isn't a real Muslim. If he says he is trying to organize efforts against extremism in his faith, he is called a liar. If he says he isn't trying to convert anyone and is merely trying to defend himself against blanket generalizations about his faith, he is told he isn't a real Muslim and should switch faiths. If quotes from other religions' scriptures are taken out of context or even in context and shown to seemingly endorse violence, people respond by saying, essentially at least, "That's not the same thing." Somehow the rules are different.

Well, this may come as a surprise to some. But, yes, if your personal definition of the word "Muslim" is entirely limited to, "An extremist follower of Islam who espouses and endorses violence and a global Caliphate," then yes, all Muslims are terrorists or terrorist sympathizers, because only the violent Muslims are considered "real Muslims" in your opinion. That clearly isn't everyone's, let alone OP's, definition of Islam, though. And I think the followers of the faith have a greater right to decide whether they should be called Muslims than those denouncing the faith as universally violent. I'm odd that way, I suppose. (And if you aren't saying the faith is universally violent, then I'm confused, because that should mean that there are non-violent Muslims, right? So why can't he be one of them?)

So then he becomes angry and frustrated with people's continual denials of a faith that for him is no doubt of great personal significance, and gets some posts modded. Okay, he broke the TOS and got modded. So, of course, that automatically means he isn't a peaceful person in real life and must be lying, yet again, yes? Because no one who's peaceful in real life has ever said anything rude out of anger on the internet, especially when being told that they aren't really a follower of their chosen faith, right?

In my opinion he can't win. Not because he must be lying or "not a real Muslim," but rather - in my view - because people don't realize the catch-22 they're placing him in. I respect everyone's opinions, but I hope people reading this will try to consider this at least.
edit on 3/9/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typos and clarifications.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

Instead of leaving ATS of being intolerant and closed minded, try leaving Islam and you will quickly see who is intolerant and closed minded. I can guarantee you ATS will not be issuing a fatwa for leaving...
As for lying, you are either lying to yourself about Islam or to others or both.
The reason you are a muslim has to do with the geographical misfortune of you birth. In other words, if you were born in the backwoods of Tennessee you would be praising Jesus instead of Allah.
You may not be violent or radical but at the end of the day your prayer rug points in the same direction as those who are radical and violent. Islam does not care if you are violent or not as long it uses muslims to propagate itself. For example, the Ground Zero mosque will benefit moderate islamists although the ground was cleared by violent islamists.
You don't need a psychology major to figure this out, really. Look at Nidal Hassan, he was a major of psychology and it didn't do him any good when it came to islam.

And your prayer rug should align itself five times a day towards mecca not just at the end of the day, for those who don't know. If you are a good muslim, that is. Think about it.
Peace.
edit on 9-3-2011 by tungus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Those American people here are so funny, i am laughing them with my Middle East Ass.
Please shut your Fox news once and travel the world, and this shouldnt be physically, try to travel in your mind. You are wasting and exhausting your lives with ignorance and i am just laughing from here.
This must be a sign how the future will be. Table is turning.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
Those American people here are so funny, i am laughing them with my Middle East Ass.
Please shut your Fox news once and travel the world, and this shouldnt be physically, try to travel in your mind. You are wasting and exhausting your lives with ignorance and i am just laughing from here.
This must be a sign how the future will be. Table is turning.

Do you mean just the male Americans should travel to the Middle East or the female as well?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tungus

As a woman I am perfectly comfortable traveling the mid east with few exceptions. Israel, Palestine, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Bahrain, the Emirates are lovely and I have zero problem even Iraq before the first gulf war.

The places I would reservations about, or not make reservations for (hehehe) would be Afghanistan, Sudan, Syria, and Iran but that has nothing to do with me being a woman and everything to do with me being American I just wouldn't feel safe. As for Saudi, I don't know, I've considered it but it isn't high on my bucket list.

The mid east is not some super scary oppressive place, it's perfectly lovely and many areas are quite beautiful. I would recommend traveling there, as your means allow.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Your liing ! That is what every musim does ! It is taught ! You lie just like the koran lies !

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join