It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

The same place you emerged from, a womans womb genius.

“And he (Jesus) shall surely be a Sign for (the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.” Chapter 43:Verse 61

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceChimp

I'm a muslim simply because I choose to be based upon what I know, understand, and believe. I was born in Baltimore actually, not necessarily to a muslim family either, only muslim parents and 2 muslim siblings. Most of my family is either baptist or agnostic.

That's as you understand it, but I could denounce the faith if I please. And you spend 0% of your time talking about beings that you don't BELIEVE exist. Just as I can't prove that God exists, you can't prove that He does NOT. So what's your point?

I think that when any religion is properly practiced, it helps one exemplify self respect. I'm sorry if being a part of religion takes you away from countless sexual partners, drugs, and other things but that's not MY path in life. To each his own. The difference between us is measured in decades anyway so I can't really knock you. You do what you've been doing as is expected. God bless you.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Depends on what you consider to be "religion". If you mean spirituality, the most respected of scientists did claim...and I quote...
"Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe - a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble" - Albert Einstein

While I agree that the study of religion alone will only go so far, it's important to study religion none-the-less....one just ALSO must examine science along with religion.
Peace and One Love

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
I accuse you of lying.

I accuse you of lying about being a muslim; you are not.

If you were muslim, you woud follow everything it says in the koran.

In the koran, it says you are to kill homosexuals, and a bunch of other people.

If you don't folow the koran, how can you claim to be muslim? You have perverted muslim to your beliefs, making it not muslim anymore. Pick a new name for your religion.
edit on 6-3-2011 by craig732 because: (no reason given
edit on 6-3-2011 by craig732 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

Well said. If you wan't to call yourself a Muslim, or at least be a consistent Muslim then don't pick and choose which despicable ethics to adhere to, otherwise your just editing your own religion. Remember Islam isn't reformed like Christianity, I don't think it wants to reform itself either. extra DIV

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

i copied and pasted to the address bar.

www.youtube.com...&rct=j&sa=X&ei=brl0TcDGAsLOhAe48YTjBQ&ved=0CBcQuAIwAA&q=Khwaja+Mere+Khwaja+:+JODHAA+AKBAR&usg=AFQjCNEFNC 4NB3OYnGWT-yXCR9Joze19vw

apologies for the mistake
f

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by unitedstatesoftheinternet

Do people understand the Old Testament today, No!

Why because these acts were for Jewish people only not any other group.

A lot of it was confined to their own tribes, you today are not wondering in the dessert.

Priests leaders or kings have their own commands and rules as a civillian and soldier does.

Jews had a bloodline from Adam and from Adam Christ came about so they had to keep pure.

Jerusalem or Israel was their new destination, those parts had become places for Anakin's Canaanites and Nephilim races who were not totally human, mixed human and Angelic bloodlines because they fallen ones needed a pure bloodline to be saved so they were killed off.

Islam has resurfaced these teachings and not even the Jews today use them to the extent used today.

If you carry on reading the developing story of the Old Testament you arrive to the 10 commandments which are totally different laws from the ones you pointed out, how old are these commandments compared to the quotes you used?

Then after that we have the New Testament and Jesus says don't stone women and there is no need to circumcise or have old traditions, Jesus was annoyed that people were using old traditions while they remained hyprocrites, maybe if people know more about what Christ said you can stop painting the Bible with laws and acts that were out dated even 2000 years ago, its only in there for evidence and record keeping of ancient times.

What concerns the Qur’an is that the later teachings become more barbaric and the later verses supersede the more tolerant ones because each new revelation omits the old one and that is not for the better unlike Bible verses that brings a sense of freedom in comparison to its overall message.

As for Muslims I have spoken to taxi drivers who say they are british and don't like how Pakistan is run and they don't follow their traditions, I did not ask them they just tell me. I feel a lot of them are trapped in their society where honour to family values when broken can be a death trap. No doubt whole nations are under this entrapment of islamic laws and traditions, this is why the way it is over there, even without the West many christians and Jews were forced to leave these countries.
edit on 7-3-2011 by The time lord because: Added more meaning.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Dear My.mind.is.mine,

I believe you; however, even "moderate" experts/scholars of the Uncreated Word of Allah say that the verses at the end take precedence over the earlier verses. In practical terms, the radical, violent verses are weighed as more valid than the peaceful, loving, beautiful verses.

Since the Koran is claimed to be the Uncreated Word (not even touched by Mohamed), there isn't a generous degree of interpretation or discussion allowed. In fact, Imams across the world have made it clear that "moderates" are simply not practicing their faith. Even worse, the Muslim clergy make it very clear that if a "moderate" speaks up against radicalism, they are apostates to the faith... which carries the penalty of death.

So, just how is a moderate going to bring about rationality and the love of God into the Mosque? Based on extensive research, it just doesn't seem possible.

Furthermore, over 85% of the mosques in the USA are politically controlled and thought-controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood and its many sub-entities (in large part, also by controlling the financing and deeds of over 85% of USA mosques). This power of the MB ensures nearly all mosques in the USA are to have a radical bent.

Hopefully, you're in the up to 15% that might be able to claim independence (financial and political) from the Muslim Brotherhood.

If you doubt the intentions of the Muslim Brotherhood in this country, you have nothing more to do than examine the U.S. vs. Holy Land Foundation court case documents where you'll find MANY appalling documents that indicate their overall mission to replace the U.S. Constitution (the document that assures us freedom and democracy... a bit of Free Will) with Sharia Law as the supreme law of the land to bring forth the Caliphate.

Part of the permitted behavior, stated explicitly in some of these documents is "stealth jihad" where lying about being open-minded, democracy-loving, and freedom-fighting is allowed by Allah but only because of the mission of the global Caliphate that will come from progressive implementation of Sharia.

There are many other certified documents that substantiate these documents and even expound them further.

You may not be involved with such DIABOLICAL schemes, but the members with the most power in your religious organization are. Unfortunately, they have a lot more money, power, and thirst for blood than you do.

It would give me great pleasure for "moderate" Muslims to speak up within their mosques and drive out the radical insanity that is happening. But the reality is that the chances of such are slim to none.

I personally have a number of friends who are "moderate" Muslims and they are wonderful, loving people. But looking at the stone-cold facts, they will be murdered in the name of Allah by their own clergy if the advancement of Sharia in the USA makes much more progress. IMO, an intense evil is at work within your faith... and it effects us all.

Best wishes to you! Whether you realize it or not, you have a tough road ahead.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Religion = living under shackles.

You need to break free from oppression and live like Nature intended.

Does the Quran mention Neanderthals?

Did he just one day decide they wernt fit for his purpose and commit mass genocide? Or does the Quran deny they exist despite the fact we have 100% evidence of there existence?

I eagerly await your reply.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think that we should all just coexist together.
we all have our faiths and the way we believe, and
that should be the end of it this my religion is right and yours is
wrong is just hindering people from being the best we can be.
we all occupy this planet and we all need to live hear in a peaceful manner
and help other the resources are here for that.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Alas, all I can say is, thank God, I am not a follower, of any of the Christian, Muslim, Jewish or Hindu faiths.
I'm a shaman priest, of the Ufonautis religion. It's not, too well established, because I am the only member: HA, HA! Though, I think that their are other similar religion's here on Earth. My places of worship, are, UFO landing spots. For now, I don't know of any bonifide transgressions [crossing my fingers,] or evil doing's, done by my ET God's. So, as for now, I don't have any guilty feelings, as I'm sure that my Christian and Muslim brother's do, by just looking at the recorded history of humankind.

I live in the good'ol USA, on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. I know, that no established state, can be truly democratic, unless they follow along the lines of the U.S. Constitution. That includes: Freedom of Religion.

But, I tuned in on a PBS tv, special, last night, about the Crusades against the Muslim's. I ordered the DVD, because I only caught half of it. I can see why the Qur'an, doesn't like Christian's to much, because the Muslim's were treated brutally by the Crusades in Spain; and by the Catholic Church's Spainish Inquisition.

Riff2525,
History tell's us, that the recent war against the Muslim's of Bosnia, buy the Christian Chechoslovakian military, proved that ethnic cleansing was performed on the Muslim populace.

dontreally,

In a mere 10 years, the Palistinian people of Israel, will outnumber the Israeli Jewish population.
What happens then?
Will the Israeli Jew's, let the Palistinian's vote them out of office?

Or, will the Israeli Jew's deny the Palistinian people voting rights?

Indeed, could the Israeli Jew's perform, Hitler's, "ultimate solution," on the Palistinian people?

Lastly, but not least, should they just continue what they are performing now: Ethnic cleansing- by kicking the Palistinian people out of there established homelands?

Thank's,

Erno86

edit on 7-3-2011 by Erno86 because: poster's name wrong

edit on 7-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 7-3-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

edit on 7-3-2011 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by hawaii50th

The same place you emerged from, a womans womb genius.

“And he (Jesus) shall surely be a Sign for (the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.” Chapter 43:Verse 61

So you believe in two Messiahs that's what your saying.
And your arrogance defeats your flawed beliefs, your arrogance is what also will defeat you. And you wonder why no one believes what your claiming. The devil comes as an angel of light to deceive the world. You are clearly the opposite of truth.
Your looking for sympathy and to fool people into believing your false doctrine, that's all your doing here.
Islam is evil, and darkness to oppress not to free, it shows in your reaction to being questioned about your faith and what you believe.
There's only one true Messiah, he was born once and he will return.
In that verse or whatever you call it, your adding to it to make it look legitimate, but it's hollow and a lie.
Ishmael is the illegitimate son of Abraham and that's what you belong to.
edit on 7-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/8/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Why do all the "peaceful" Muslims posting here, always seem to be posting from somewhere that isn't the Middle East?

What is the point of this thread?
To prove that Islam is peaceful, or that you individually are peaceful?

If it's to prove that Islam is peaceful, then you fail. The Quran is loaded with passages that say otherwise.

If it's to prove that you, individually are peaceful. Well, to be blunt...so what? You don't represent Islam as a whole.

Seriously, who should the world look at for the true face of Islam?

You and your pockets of "peaceful" Muslims, who don't even care to live in a Muslim country?
Or Muslims who live in Islamic countries with other Muslims?

I only ask because the Muslims who live places where you can be and act fully Muslim, are stoning rape victims, and marrying children. While all you "peaceful" Muslims live elsewhere and proclaim denial of the violence of Islam with suspect interpretations of Quran passages and some tenuous conclusion that Islam is actually peaceful

Well, try and spin this one then...

Qur'an (9:5)
"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..."

Prayer and Charity are two of the five pillars of Islam.
So, this passage clearly states that Muslims must fight Pagans until they repent their Pagan religion and follow Islam.

That is called forced conversion.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Do not listen to them.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think what many people are negating, in respect to Muslims, is free will. Muslims did not come from some alien planet where a person does not possess free will, they are the same as other humans. Just like how some Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc follow their holy books to the letter with no interpretation so do some Muslims. Just like how some of other faiths look to the deeper meaning or message as opposed to the specifics of story, so do some Muslims. And just like how some people call themselves a member of a particular belief but act in ways contradictory to that faith, ie getting drunk, cheating on your spouse, lying (including lying on your taxes) so do some Muslims.

It is the character of the individual that somehow gets lost when people start discussing Islam on a message board. I have met devout Muslims, I have met Muslims who go clubbing and drink every weekend, I have met Muslims who didn't feel it necessary to try and be good until they have one foot in the grave (just as I have with people of every other religion). Just as with people of other faiths, you can not assume that simply because a person calls him or herself Muslim that you know who they are or what they believe about any particular issue.

Just as the o.p. said, it has also been my experience, that a good deal of what various people practice comes from their ethnic heritage as opposed to religious belief. There is a great deal of ethnic, um....ritual or culture (I can't seem to find the correct wording at the moment) as opposed to " the Quran says I must wear this, or eat this, or perform this activity", most of that comes from where the person identifies their origins.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by Stormdancer777

i copied and pasted to the address bar.

www.youtube.com...&rct=j&sa=X&ei=brl0TcDGAsLOhAe48YTjBQ&ved=0CBcQuAIwAA&q=Khwaja+Mere+Khwaja+:+JODHAA+AKBAR&usg=AFQjCNEFNC 4NB3OYnGWT-yXCR9Joze19vw

apologies for the mistake
f

very beautiful, thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sir, do you pay Zakat? I'm sure you know 1/8th of Zakat goes to the militant wing of Islam to protect the faith and spread its influence on the world as called for in the Koran. Don't minimize this as the United States IRS monitors the spending of Zakat from Mosques within the US borders so much so President Obama has shown his true colors in attempting to get the Government off Muslims backs to facilitate the paying Zakat without infringement.

Do you deny that the Koran and other Islamic books forbid Muslims from taking Christians and other infidels as Friends? But promotes the lying to infidels to protect ones self and that of the Islamic Goals. Claiming friendship, acceptance of other religions, peaceful intentions are all called for when lying to infidels..

Yes, it is going to be hard for you to appear truthful to anyone who has read the Koran and the History of Islam and how it is applied within Host Countries. It has never failed that as the numbers of Muslims grow within a country their demands and lack of tolerance also grows. At first Muslims plead for acceptance but once their numbers are enough they become intolerant of other religions all the way up to violence...

I have learned not to accept what a Muslim says, I look for what he does...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It may also be noted that during the rise of Hitler, there were those who supported his agenda fully and belonged to the Nazi Party, then there were those Germans that did not belong to the Nazi Party but bask in the glory of Hitlers rise to power.. It did not require that all of the German population be card carrying Nazi's for Hitler to prevail in his evil goals of world domination, it only required that Germans not in the Nazi party just keep quiet and rake in the benefits as Germans.

Likewise, Muslims don't have to be suicide bombers, gun toting jihadest, or any other part of the militant wing of Islam. They only have to pay Zakat to support the militant wing.. Keep quiet, act peaceful, act tolerant of others, act like you hate Muslim extremist, in short ACT and LIE until Islamic control within your country of abode is strong enough to start dictating Islamic policy within your country..

Don't believe a word a Muslim tells you, watch what he does... The fruit bears witness as to how good the tree is...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
After reading this message it would seem that the goal is to Islamafi the world.

Some excerpts: Messages from Imam, To What Do We Invite Humanity
Here it is for all to read. Read carefully to not miss what's really being said.

www.ikhwanweb.com...

Monks by Night and Knights by Day Then Al-Haqq (SWT) showed mankind the connection between the individual responsibility, such as prayer and fasting, with ones responsibility towards the community, showing them that the first was a means to the second, and that the correct belief was the foundation of both of these, so that there could be no way for some people to shirk their individual obligations by arguing that they were carrying out their communal ones, nor could there be any way for others to shirk their communal duty with the argument that they were preoccupied with their ritual obligations totally absorbed in their communion with Allah . How precise and wise is the saying, "Who is fairer in speech than Allah?" O Muslims, worshipping your Lord, striving to make your religion strong, and honouring your Sacred Law, is your duty in this life. For if you perform these as they should be performed, you will be amongst those who are saved; but if you perform only some of them or neglect them altogether, then I quote to you the words of Allah (SWT): ‘Did you then think that We created you in play (without a purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us? Almighty is Allah the King, the Truth!’ (Surat-an-Nur (23), ayahs 115-116) From the descriptions of the Companions of Muhammad (PBUH), since Allah chose them above His creation, and the pious forefathers, occurs the following: ‘Monks by night and knights by day.’ You can just see one of them at night, standing in his oratory, clutching his beard, sincerely murmuring and weeping saying: ‘O world, allure some other than myself!’ And when at the break of dawn and the call to arms rings out, summoning the fighter to jihad, you would seen him, a wolf on the back of his mount, shouting the war cry, which the entire battlefield resounded with. By Allah, what was this amazing connection, that strange combination, that unique mixture between the work and affairs of this life to that of the next? Why, it is nothing but Islam, which combines the best of everything!

It Is Time for Us to Understand The Muslims formerly understood this and acted accordingly, their faith impelling them to sacrifice themselves on its behalf. These days, however, the Muslims differ widely in their understanding of their duty. They have made use of allegorical interpretations and theories about the absoluteness of Allah’s attributes to justify their slackness and sloth. One of them will say to you ‘The time for jihad and work is long over.’ Another will dampen your zeal by saying that the means are lacking and the Islamic nations are shackled. A third will be content to give his religion lip service, talking about it day and night, but satisfied to limit his religious duties simply to bowing which he performs without any inner conviction. No, no, brothers! The Qur’an which is in your possession calls out to you clearly and unambiguously: ‘Only those are the believers who have believed in Allah and His Apostle, [and then have not doubted] but have striven with their wealth and their persons in Allah’s way these are the truthful’ (Surat-al-Hujuraat (49) ayah 15) And in the Sunnah, the Prophet (PBUH) tells you: ‘When people are stingy with their money, buy and sell on credit, follow the tails of cattle, and abandon jihad in Allah’s way, Allah Almighty will inflict a humiliation upon them which He will not lift from them until they go back to their religion’ [Imam Ahmad related this in his Musnad, as has At-Tabarani in Al-Kabir and Al-Bayhaqi in the Shu’ab Al-Imaan on the authority of ‘Abdullah Ibn Umar.] And you may read in your books of jurisprudence all that has been written, both in ancient and modern times, on the question of when jihad is a collective responsibility and when it is an individual one. The facts and their implications are clear yet what is this lethargy that has settled over you? What is this hopelessness that has seized your minds, so that they neither remember nor awaken? Muslims, this is a period of rebuilding: re build yourselves, and your Umma will as a consequence be rebuilt! This divine commandment requires your souls to believe and your hearts to be pure; therefore work to strengthen your faith and to purify yourselves. It demands of you self sacrifice in terms of wealth and struggle; therefore prepare yourselves. What you possess is temporary, but the things of Allah endure, for surely Allah has bought from the believers their persons and their wealth, in that Paradise is theirs, which has a breadth the size of the heavens and the earth.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This off of Fox News which I know is not always the best place for information, but when it comes right from the horses mouth, you got to watch and listen.
I wanted to put this video on here but can't find it on youtube or google.

www.foxnews.com...

Brigitte Gabriel On Radical Islam

An Alarming video every Westerner should see
4NYudmQhlWo&playnext=1&list=PLC258D69EE6D16E39

Teachings from Islam Islamic Wife Beating - Today's Christian Videos
www.godtube.com...

Let The Truth Be Known
edit on 7-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join