It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

lol no. If you read back in some of my old posts, although not said you'd get the impression that I don't rock with any organizations period. I'm especially not a fan of organizations in America, that are run by immigrant muslims. So they don't have my support either.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beechiegirl1953

My opinion on the reason more muslims in America don't stand up is a LITTLE complex but makes sense. A lot of American muslims are converts, most of the second generation are under 35. The converts were mostly taught by immigrants, and therefore infoctrinated into immigrant lifestyles. That's why you see some american muslims wearing arab, or pakistani clothing. Based off of conversations I've had with a few immigrant muslims, some oppose and some don't support, OR oppose the radicals. The reason for that has been they either just wanna be low key and raise their family in america without a connection to that side of islam, or they feel like they shouldn't oppose them. This ideal has been passed one way or another to the first generation american muslims. So it's more us of the second generation american muslims who oppose it, so more and more I see my age group speaking out against it. It's just about growing up and standing up.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceChimp

lol I have 13 siblings. 7 of which are no longer muslim, so I have a choice. My parents are American and that whole honor killing and murdering apostates kind of stick over on the immigrant side of the faith. If I CHOSE to I could denounce the faith whenever I please. So no, I'm not stuck.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

It's hilarious to me that a lot of people responded to this saying that the islamic agenda is to convert people and at least 10 of yall have tried to convert ME. Wassup with that??

Oh and I was born in Baltimore, MD so let's discuss this geographical thingy again please.
edit on 9-3-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: added

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i think this is why people fear muslims now.

We all know what Amish are right?
Do we expect them to be violent?NO
They do how ever pay tax's like every other person in the usa..actually more tax's..they pay taxs to run there own schools ect..
They don't pay social security why would they they dont or wouldn't draw it out later in life.
They have gave us no reason at all to fear them.

They dont think abortion is right..but they dont strap a bomb on and kill thousands to get heard.

Muslims could learn from the amish.

So basically any religion that has Severe flaw as jihad sex with little kids ect...
Of course it is gonna get corrupted over time.
And any person with common sense can see they do have violent tendencies.
all the way down to making women wear mask's.
Its just degrading to women.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

Sexual Abuse in the Amish community.

There is an Amish community not far from me that regularly makes news when yet another Amish father or brother finally gets called out for the repeated rape of his wife, daughters, and sisters. What most people know about the Amish could blow away in a gentle breeze.

Now would you Amish girls like to wear the black, full length, long sleeve, hooded dress or the other black, full length, long sleeve, hooded dress? You are free to choose here in an Amish Paradise!
edit on 9-3-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

They do how ever pay tax's like every other person in the usa..actually more tax's..they pay taxs to run there own schools ect..
They don't pay social security why would they they dont or wouldn't draw it out later in life.
They have gave us no reason at all to fear them.

They dont think abortion is right..but they dont strap a bomb on and kill thousands to get heard.

Muslims could learn from the amish.

So basically any religion that has Severe flaw as jihad sex with little kids ect...
Of course it is gonna get corrupted over time.
And any person with common sense can see they do have violent tendencies.

Anyone with common sense can see that everything you write about Islam can be said for Christianity especially the part about sex with children. That isn't reserved for priests alone but for the congregation too.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusSaves2008

I'm not a muslim, jew or christian; or a practiced theologian for that matter. So somebody help me out on this, if I'm wrong.

Christians say, that Jesus, was the son of God.

Muslim's say, that Muhammad, was a messenger of God, and they try to refute the assumption, that Jesus, was the son of God.

Foofighters forever,

Erno86

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Tell that to middle east terrorists and also, ask them to come clean.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I would'nt put to much faith in, what Brigitte Gabriel-Act for America, Christian Coalition, right wing Christian evangelical, Tea Party hate mongers have to say at all.

"Ms. Gabriel, presents a portrait of Islam so throughly bent on destruction and domination that it is unrecognizible to those who study or practice the religion.

But some of those who work in counterterrorism say that the speakers like Ms. Gabriel are spreading distortion and fear, and are doing the country a disservice by failing to make distinctions between Muslims who are potentially dangerous and those who are not.

Brian Fishman, a research fellow at both the New America Foundation in Washington, and the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point, said, 'When you've got folks who are looking for the worst in Islam and arec promoting that as the entire religion of 1.5 or 1.6 billion people, then you only empower the real extremists.'

ACT! members are challenging high school textbooks and college courses that they deem too sympathetic to Islam. A group leader in Eugene, Ore., signed up to teach a community college course on Islam, but it was canceled when a Muslim group exposed his blog postings denouncing Islam and denying the scope of the Holocaust.

A chapter in Colorado recently featured a guest speaker on 'How to minister to Muslims,' and 'Conversion success stories.' Mr. Rogers said in a written response that ACT! does not encourage such activities."

Quotes from NYT, TUES., MARCH 8, 2011

Drawing U.S. Crowds With Anti-Islam Message, by Laurie Goodstein

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tungus

Originally posted by deccal
Those American people here are so funny, i am laughing them with my Middle East Ass.
Please shut your Fox news once and travel the world, and this shouldnt be physically, try to travel in your mind. You are wasting and exhausting your lives with ignorance and i am just laughing from here.
This must be a sign how the future will be. Table is turning.

Do you mean just the male Americans should travel to the Middle East or the female as well?

Oh what a troll you are. If you are not troll and really mean what you say, I mean, what can I say to you..Nothing.
Just continue to live in your little box, while a fascinating colorful life is going on outside of your box.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Other thing is..
it is pathetic that some people fell like as if they should prove that Islam is not hateful etc..No it is the other way around. The Christians and the so called "West" should prove that they are not violent. Only The Germans killed more people than Muslims in all the history. Christianity, Occidental mentality are the most violent things in the world. Fortunatly both are declining.

edit on 9-3-2011 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Totally 100% agree
these women are free here and should not feel they need to hide themselves
Here in Aus recently there was a huge issue with a woman in a burqa testfying in court which lead to another court case when she was asked to reveal her face or something along those lines...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomSnake
reply to post by bluemirage5

Totally 100% agree
Here in Aus recently there was a huge issue with a woman in a burqa testfying in court which lead to another court case when she was asked to reveal her face or something along those lines...

I am curious if you asked her why she wears a burqa. Are you perhaps imposing what you feel are values onto a person who many not share the same values? It is actually pretty common knowledge that many cultures around the world reject what the western world considers the "freedom" to dress like whores. Not every female aspires to wear mini-skirts and tube tops.

Why I am proud to wear a burqa

Nobody ever forced me to wear the full veil and I have been wearing it for around 10 years now.

For those of us who are believers, we just want to do God's will and live by the sacred text, so what any man says has nothing to do with that.

I am testament to that as I don't have a husband and I practice my religion freely, that's why I'm always shocked when people say it's the husband who forces his wife to wear a burqa.

I would not wear such a thing myself, but there are a lot of things other Americans do that I would not choose for myself. Different cultures value different things and when we begin to assume that people need to dress the way we want them to dress in order to be "free" I feel like we lose focus on the things that actually matter. There really are places where women are opressed to amazing degrees. They are not all Muslim countries either. Hell, some of them are Mormon Compounds in the US.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

But the thing is that the burqa or even the naqib are not required by the Quran. According to the text, everything is to be covered except the face, hands, and feet, the idea of the burqa or naqib is cultural not religious.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by Sinnthia

But the thing is that the burqa or even the naqib are not required by the Quran. According to the text, everything is to be covered except the face, hands, and feet, the idea of the burqa or naqib is cultural not religious.

I am really not sure what you are trying to convey to me here.
Sorry.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
So somebody help me out on this, if I'm wrong.
Christians say, that Jesus, was the son of God.

Muslim's say, that Muhammad, was a messenger of God, and they try to refute the assumption, that Jesus, was the son of God.

It's catholics that believe Jesus was the son of God.
mormons, evangelist, anglicans, believe that Jesus is God,
muslims think is is a insult to say that God procreated ,
therefor they believe Jesus was a messenger sent by God.
Hope ^ that clarified it for you.

Originally posted by PhantomSnake

If they feel a need to wear whatever, it should be their prerogative.
If a nun feels the need to wear a habit, it is also her
right to do so.
Please READ the bottom signature

(sad that 'western' women can have the 'right' for an abortion,
but not the right to coverup.)

edit on 9/3/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is not an "Us-v-Them" scenario as that will always cause chaos and instability and will lead to nothing positive nor consructive being accomplished.

Every faith is twisted by draconian and psychotic elements to suit a particular agenda hence why Modern Muslim crowd is at war with the Old Country Muslim crowd because the Modern group was Islam to advance into the modern age to keep up with modern times that we all are currently living in while the Old crowd wants to keep more of the same.

Hence why there are like 4 subsets of Islam-Muslim.

If you could find a way to use a great truth and spin it into a lie most would unofrtunately beleive the lie hook line and sinker leaving the original message and intent lost forever. This is how certain faith subsets of all the Abrahamic Faiths which do include Judaism, Christianity and Muslim always get the coverage they get. But good deeds committed by either however you never hear about.

Comedian Eddie Griffin said it best during one of his comedy shows :
"Who cares who the messenger was, the real question is "Did anyone actually get the message?" "!
This sums everything up right there.

Three prophets have been sent to Earth.

Moses, Jesus Christ and Mohammed. And quite frankly by the looks of it a fourth may be needed!
edit on 9-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
"Did anyone actually get the message?" "!
This sums everything up right there.

Three prophets have been sent to Earth.

Moses, Jesus Christ and Mohammed. And quite frankly by the looks of it a fourth may be needed!
edit on 9-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

^ Good point.
Why would we need any more ?
This is exactly what muslims believe Mohammad was clarifying.
The human race has had it's three chances;
now it's time for
revelations . . . God help us

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think I'll stick to being a Buddhist. I can have a beer, a bacon sandwich, guilt free sex and I only have to hate people that I choose to hate. It works for me and means I can take the mick out of the Muslim guy in the paper shop about how useless his footy team is doing.
There's far too much focus on people's religion. We all just gotta get through life the best we can, and if that means praying to someone in particular to you, then go for it, but dont go assuming everyone else has it wrong, cos everyone is different and needs to do their own thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join