It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Saying that you are a non-violent Muslim is like a Buddhist monk saying he is a full blown killing machine. Your Holy book teaches you to kill, cheat and lie to non-Muslims so maybe that is why you can come off saying that you are a non-violent Muslim? As long as the 'good' book says it okay then you are okay?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyrson
Saying that you are a non-violent Muslim is like a Buddhist monk saying he is a full blown killing machine. Your Holy book teaches you to kill, cheat and lie to non-Muslims so maybe that is why you can come off saying that you are a non-violent Muslim? As long as the 'good' book says it okay then you are okay?

Hmm, some Buddhists are full blown killing machines.
It's just our ignorance that leads us to think that Buddhism is all about being meek and living on a grain of rice a day. Makes you wonder what else we may misjudge, eh?

link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Bless your heart, I feel your frustration.

My girlfriend and I get Christmas cards from a lovely little jewish girl and a beautiful palestinian girl who once cried on my chest and who I wish was my daughter. My best friend in high school was Doc. Saaed from Afghanistan, my physics teacher. He guided me and I miss him a lot. He went back to fight the soviets and disappeared.

I think most people who exhibit racism / prejudice are totally without experience of the very people they are prejudiced against.

I thank God for all my friends. And I thank GOD that he or she gave me an open mind and heart.

I am sorry it so hard for you.

link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

Just ignore it man. I'm Christian and now I'm your friend.

I've honestly wanted to get a group of people together of varying faiths to all go into public places and pray together in public. All on the ground, kneeling, or however each wants to pray and just do it, just to show the world that not everyone is as ignorant as our governments and media markets think. If we pray together, in each others churches, in each others homes. I think we could get one step closer to real unity and we wouldn't have a need for military anymore...since most wars are fought over religion, land, or a woman...we'll be narrowed down to 2 and those two are easy to overcome with talking and a bit of cash. Core beliefs however, cannot change and will not change, regardless who's telling you you're wrong.

Ignore them and pray for those who are ignorant. You and I have the same God, same as Jews too. All the Abrahamic religions (Christians, Jews, and Muslims) have the same God and the same rules. I've never understood why we fight each other.

:Hand Shake:
:Hug:
:Shared Prayer:

Take your pick man, I'm in. :-)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Notice I said Buddhist Monk, anyway read the Koran or the Quaran and tell me I am wrong about the teaching of Mohammed.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You should crack open the Koran and actually read it...or have someone who speaks Arabic read it to you. Then go and have the Torah read to you and finally, read the Bible. They're the same basic book with different names and stories you ignorant fool. You have been watching far too much TV. I am not a muslim, yet the nicest person in my life, who I met this past summer while instructing rock climbing, is a Muslim Egyptian, living in Alexandria and he showed no signs of aggression or hatred towards me or my religious beliefs. We even had a long conversation after a day of climbing, me, him, and another friend of mine who happens to be Jewish, had a long conversation around a campfire in the middle of nowhere, New Mexico, about God and no one 'terrorized' the other.

In this conversation, you Tyrson, are the terrorist.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So you are saying that you can read the Koran in Arabic or did you just have your bestus friend the Muslim tell you what he thought you should know about the Muslim religion? I cannot read Arabic my self so I had to read a English translation, much better than having a Muslim tell me what is in it. And as far as having a Jewish friend there with your Muslim friend and you all having a great big kumbyla gathering and group hugs, just consider this, a major portion of liberal Jews helped elect Obama who is the most anti-Jewish president we have ever had, worse so than Jimmy (I love Palestinian terrorists) Carter.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Notice I said Buddhist Monk, anyway read the Koran or the Quaran and tell me I am wrong about the teaching of Mohammed.

Yeah, I saw that, so, monks are non violent, are they? I bet that's news to the Shaolin boys, not to mention all those Templars, Hospitallers and Teutons. (I think, also, the Assassins were Islamic types of monks).

Being devout does not mean you are violent or non violent, just devout. A bit like a Zen master who moonlights as a Samurai.

You can't label people so simply, except maybe for people who read the S*n,,,but that's an argument for another thread, I reckon.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Yeah, today, I see how I was award winningly unclear

I think my point was that these items (or what they cover) are not mentioned in the Quran as part of the standard for modesty, they are based on the culture the person comes from, but not with a religious basis. Therefore, when someone immigrates to Australia or anywhere else where the government or culture does not condone such a covering there is no religious justification.

For example, I can not walk around outside in my town, go shopping, etc with a mask covering my face (I live in Illinois, US).

I support people's right's to practice their religion as is required, however these two pieces are not part of religion. I do not think that the women that chose to wear it are all oppressed or waiting to harm me but when a person willingly immigrates from one culture to another there are new rules, laws, ordinances, or simply cultural standards. I'm sure there has been discrimination toward women that wear the hijab, but I haven't heard of any sort of legal issues (similar to lawsuits I have heard of where the woman was asked or demanded to remove it for a drivers licenses or passport). A Musliminah is completely capable of maintaining what her religion tells her is the modesty standard while living in western countries without having to wear tube tops and hot pants.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
UNFORTUNATELY in this day and age if you are Muslim or of Islamic faith, (thank you very much to the United States Government) then you are automatically considered a terrorist right? I'm actually quite suprised they havent taken it to the extent they went to with the Japanese. It's the same concept as (and NO IM NOT RACIST IN ANY WAY) black people. Everybody (well not all but most) think that because a person is black/hispanic that they are going to, or already do live a life of crime and poverty. Well I have news for all you racists, white people have the same problems! We are just as prone to it as they are. Just because we are white doesnt mean we are any different. We are all made of the same #, every white person is exactly the same on the inside as an asain, mexican, black, or ANYBODY ELSE for that matter.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by tungus

It's hilarious to me that a lot of people responded to this saying that the islamic agenda is to convert people and at least 10 of yall have tried to convert ME. Wassup with that??

Wait 50 years and see which is the dominant religion of the world.

Oh and I was born in Baltimore, MD so let's discuss this geographical thingy again please.
edit on 9-3-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: added

Out of over 200 religions on this planet you picked islam to convert to. Great.
In this case, the geographical excuse does not apply to you.
If you picked islam on your own then there is something wrong with you. Like those who adopt tigers or lions as pets, it is only matter of time before it ends bad for them or others. Congratulations!

edit on 10-3-2011 by tungus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
NYT, Wed. March 9, 2011, by Scott Shane

Washington--- For Representive Peter T. King, as he seizes the national spotlight this week with a hearing on the radicalization of American Muslims, it is the most arkward of resume entries.

Long before he became an outspoken voice in Congress about the threat from terrorism, he was a fervent supporter of a terrorist group, the Irish Republican Army.
In 1985, King said, "If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is regrettable, but I will not morally blame the I.R.A. for it."

Nail O' Dowd, an Irish-born New York publisher and writer who worked with him on the peace process in the 1990's, broke publiclly with him Monday on his Web site, IrishCentral.com, describing Mr. King's "strange journey from Irish radical to Muslim inquistor."

In Northern Ireland, Mr. O'Dowd said, they saw a Catholic community "demonized" by its Prostestant and British critics and worked to bring it to the peace table. Seeing his old friend similarly "demonize" Muslims has shocked him.

"I honestly feel Peter is wrong, and his experience in Northern Ireland teaches him that," Mr. O'Dowd said. "He's a very honest, working class Irish guy from Queens who's had an amazing carreer. Now I see a man turning back on himself, and I don't know why."

The I.R.A. was responsible for 1,826 of 3,528 deaths during the Northern Irish conflict between 1969 and 2001, including those of several hundred civilians, said the historian Malcolm Sutton.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Erno86 because: error

edit on 10-3-2011 by Erno86 because: DITTO

edit on 10-3-2011 by Erno86 because: DITTO

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Remember that your positive contribution to the world has a bigger effect than you can imagine. Stay positive even when surrounded by so much ignorance and you may influence one which will lead to more.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well if people would just stop hating that would be a move forward. As for people bashing this OP i would say start speaking up yourselves for your western ways of tihinking who use abuse and rape and pillage third world nations for their resources and cheap labour and then rant because they want a little of what we have.
We have huge conglomerates who take take take to provide us with cheap goods and we think that using them does not come at some great cost to someone somewhere else in the world.
Simple minded people.
Does religion over step the mark ....not really it is the oones who think are the keepers of the said religions who over step the mark...following blindly with their eyes closed not realizing that we are all human(except the reptilians those scalely buggers).
well i must say to the OP if you are bother by the hatred that comes from some people in ANY forum then i think you will need to develope a tougher skin,because it take a much bigger person to know who they are than to listen to ones who only listen to what they are told by others without truely thinking about what is being said.
2011 is going to be a big year i have wrote about it on here for some time....this is when society will break completely down...people will need to choose sides to survive.
hiding behind a religion is not a side...religion is a concept, it is to be followed with personal descretion not to be taken blindly. It should be open to all aspect of human kind and open to all races of this planet. Soon as a religion says one race is more important than another then i would suspect the very ones who are preaching that said religion.
now we could go back and look at abraham and the sons isaac and ismael but there are enough threads on that already are there not.
I would just say continue to practice your religion, you as a human know what is right or wrong, We know from birth when something is good or bad....it is built in it is not taught.
and remember....dont drink the water and take the red pill.

Please Lets Us Be Enlightened

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

S.A Brother, OP , they do the same thing to freemasons as well , who are we to judge anyone ? the judging is between that person and Allah , but i do indeed feel your pain , inshallah they will come to understand as i did ,

peace be with you

your brother

Shamil

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyrson

You do realize that Buddhist monks historically and traditionally would spend 8 to 10 hours a day training in combat to protect their temples from looters and raiders. Shaolin Monks are some of the deadliest and most elegant fighters on the planet.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

Listen, I don't think you get this. I don't require an excuse for my faith. When I was younger, I explored and study many different religions. I was born muslim, but when I grew of age, decided to "shop around". After a time of studying bhuddism, and agnosticism, I chose to come back to islam, so you can call me a "convert" if that makes you feel better. But to act like I need an excuse for my choice is ignorant. Just because it's not something you would choose doesn't mean something is wrong with me. Your way of thinking is completely opposite to the classic American values which I'm sure you are an outspoken proponent of.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

I'll take all 3. Your post brought a wide smile across my face. God bless you eternally.

with love

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Having read through this entire thread its fairly obvious that there are three types of people in this world:

1) The extremists. They don't want to live in harmony with anyone who had the misfortune to be born in a different part of the world from that which their own religion originated. They can't understand that other people can have different beliefs from their own and are so offended by those people that they wish harm on them. This category includes all the major religions.

2) The inclusionists. They understand that their particular interpretation of God and his teachings may be culturally dependent but they're all on the same side. They all want whats best for humanity as a whole. They can co-exist together with no conflict. They don't like the extremists because they disturb their prefered way of life. This category includes all the main religions.

3) The atheists. They don't care who believes what because they know it makes no difference. They just wish everyone would just shut up about the whole thing as it is an irrelevance to modern life. They bear no ill-will to anyone of faith and wish the feeling could be reciprocated to all concerned. This category does not include any religion.

I'm an atheist with strong sympathies with the inclusionists (because I could be wrong and God may exist.) I have no time for the extremists at all, I think that intollerence is the most basic evil mankind has ever invented.

Which categories would everyone else place themselves in?

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join