It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

Tell me about the churches and synagogues in Saudi Arabia.
Tell me about how Muslims who convert to Christianity are treated with love and respect.
Show me the links where you spoke against the holiday bombing of the Coptic Church in Egypt or other activities of "radical" Muslims, so you don't have a history of doing that on this site.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Is it really fair to blame one member for all the entire history of their religion? I know I certain do nothing more than an eye roll and yawn when someone pulls the tired crusade card on me. Every religion, every country, every ethnic group, etc has, shall we call them blemishes on their history.

These are learning experiences, in my opinion, horrible as historic times may have been we can learn from these errors and try to be the more evolved people that we pretend to be.

To pick on a single person who has found something positive in his chosen religion and used to better himself it commendable. I know many people who share my faith and while we may agree on theocracy, not all are trying to better themselves, their mind, or a larger group of people outside of themselves, I would dare to say perhaps only a very small percent.

One person can not bare the blame of the millions that came before them, but one person can move to demonstrate the wonderful, peaceful, and beneficial aspects of who they are and where they come from. If people want to only hear their opinion mimicked back to them then ats is not for you. There is much diversity here in every aspect of the human experience and if nay sayers have their way and encourage them to leave ats will fail and it will be nothing more than the thousands of other sites for people with the same opinions.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Please dont leave ATS because of incompetent biggots. I just joined today because i saw this community as open minded to all and any. If it makes a difference to you, I am extremley happy that you shared this post with us, and voiced your opinion. Everyone SHOULD stand up for themselves if they feel they are being pushed. Once again, thank you so much for being your self. I wish you luck in your life! (:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainBurps
Sir, do you pay Zakat? I'm sure you know 1/8th of Zakat goes to the militant wing of Islam to protect the faith and spread its influence on the world as called for in the Koran. Don't minimize this as the United States IRS monitors the spending of Zakat from Mosques within the US borders so much so President Obama has shown his true colors in attempting to get the Government off Muslims backs to facilitate the paying Zakat without infringement.

Do you deny that the Koran and other Islamic books forbid Muslims from taking Christians and other infidels as Friends? But promotes the lying to infidels to protect ones self and that of the Islamic Goals. Claiming friendship, acceptance of other religions, peaceful intentions are all called for when lying to infidels..

Yes, it is going to be hard for you to appear truthful to anyone who has read the Koran and the History of Islam and how it is applied within Host Countries. It has never failed that as the numbers of Muslims grow within a country their demands and lack of tolerance also grows. At first Muslims plead for acceptance but once their numbers are enough they become intolerant of other religions all the way up to violence...

I have learned not to accept what a Muslim says, I look for what he does...

One judges a religion by their books. Anyone not following their book is an apostate to their claimed faith. Anyone discussing a religion that they have not read the relevant documents of the faith has no business comparing, contrasting or otherwise discussing it with those that have any more than they discuss, neurosurgery, the other side of the black hole or angels dancing on the head of a pin, Rendering opinions about opinions and not fact is not discussion it's intellectual masturbation, a self centered indulgence by those with noting else to offer but agenda.
People vary, doctrine does not. so be an adult stop discussing people and stick to doctrine or, more likely is someone trying to obfuscate doctrine with personality?
Ya think?.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Don't let these people cause negative emotions in you.

I've noticed lots of people with clear mental health problems on ATS these days.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So this is where we are.

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

Ignorant individuals beating a man senseless while spewing their hateful rhetoric, because he shares a name with terrorist. I wonder how many Timothy's have been beat up and called vile names? Being as it is currently the 27th most popular baby name Americans don't associate the connection www.thinkbabynames.com... .

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainBurps

Lol yup I do pay zakat. However if you read up on how it should be done, you'll learn that it should be paid directly to the poor, NOT to these so called muslim organizations or any specific masjid. So when I pay zakat, I seek out a person, or family in need, and support them the best that I can whether it be helping with school supplies for their children, or paying half of their rent. Don't tell me where my money goes because I know exactly where it goes.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by BrainBurps

Lol yup I do pay zakat. However if you read up on how it should be done, you'll learn that it should be paid directly to the poor, NOT to these so called muslim organizations or any specific masjid. So when I pay zakat, I seek out a person, or family in need, and support them the best that I can whether it be helping with school supplies for their children, or paying half of their rent. Don't tell me where my money goes because I know exactly where it goes.

aww that's very nice of you!
i wish people thought that way about us in the usa. we pay out oodles of money to help 1 parent families, low income families, disabled people, handicaps, minorities, and we give ooodles of money away to charitable organizations all over the world, and yet we're called greedy, capitalistic bastards, and evil whores.
edit on 7-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

With all the lies being advanced by the various control systems on this planet, the least we should have to worry about is whether an individual is lying or not.

Yet individuals are constantly being convinced to believe things that cannot be proven to be true.

My religion has a way to assess the probable truthfulness of a communication based on the way it is delivered rather than its content. These criteria are not necessarily unique to my religion:

(My note: HCOPL 27 Sep 1966)

The communication is delivered as a generality. "They say ..." "Everybody knows ..."

The communication is bad news.

The communication is in the form of a critical or hostile remark.

The communication is in the form of an invalidation.

If a person writing a post does not give the exact source of his or her data, then it cannot be followed up to see if that source did indeed give that data. So it is a good idea when writing a post to say where you got your data from. This same rundown can then be applied to the source data.

Unfortunately, news people tend to be attracted to these kinds of communications and will sometimes report them selectively, leaving out less critical data.

There are all kinds of people writing posts on this website. They are not all really interested in reducing ignorance just because that's the stated purpose of the site. Everyone who communicates has to deal with this problem. Just remember: Don't let the bastards wear you out.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God.

Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying

PeaceLoveLight

How would I know? .......

You say you "OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH" but you haven't said you "OPPOSE Muslim RADICALS" and therein lies the problem! You're generalizing and could later deny that you oppose any specific radicals because you haven't mentioned them by name .......

However, saying you "oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God." is a great starting point!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I understand your point. And i am wiling to acept you are non-violent. But surely you can understand why Muslims have a bad reptutation these days. Afterall, can you give an example of a Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist etc, etc,. flying a planeload of innocent people into an ofice building or bombing an embassy or nightclub?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well, we ran out of European commies.
The China Commies own our debt, and our manufacturing.
SO....Tag, you're it.

Sad

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stu4UinCinci

I understand your point. And i am wiling to acept you are non-violent. But surely you can understand why Muslims have a bad reptutation these days. Afterall, can you give an example of a Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist etc, etc,. flying a planeload of innocent people into an ofice building or bombing an embassy or nightclub?

Christian Terrorism
Inquisition
Anti-abortion violence
Crusades
Christianity and Slavery
Hindu-Christian Violence

Come on, let's not try to play games like that. Theres roughly a billion Muslims, how many of them were involved in the incidents you've mentioned? Hardly reflective of the entire population.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Muslims are the new bogey men, the new Lee Harvey Oswalds..! I don't agree with everything I hear about Muslims but I dont think they are the evil beings they are made out to be by our corrupt governments. In fact, when disillusioned Muslims do fall for the anti Muslim propaganda and do try to fight back, they usually fail miserably. Think of the car bomb in Times Square, or the farce that happened at Glasgow airport..!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stu4UinCinci

It strikes me as odd that the IRA does not even enter one's thoughts when asking such a silly question.
Yes, yes we can.

ETA: There is the whole invading Iraq deal. Now that we all know there was absolutely no reason to go in, it can certainly be debated as to how much terrorism we reigned down in that. And why did we go? G.W. says his Christian god told him to. So imagine how that plays to people not brainwashed by American media.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
IM very ignorant about MAN MADE RELIGIONS, whats the punishment for a pedophile in the muslim religion??????BECAUSE in the christian religion u can do this for decades and they just move you to another congregation. JUST like nothing has happend.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Stu4UinCinci

How long ago was it that that guy flew a plane into the IRS building? What about Timothy McVeigh (spell check)? Charles Manson? Eric Harris and Dillon Klibold? None of them were muslim, and they definitely committed horrible acts of TERROR.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher

One judges a religion by their books. Anyone not following their book is an apostate to their claimed faith. Anyone discussing a religion that they have not read the relevant documents of the faith has no business comparing, contrasting or otherwise discussing it with those that have any more than they discuss, neurosurgery, the other side of the black hole or angels dancing on the head of a pin, Rendering opinions about opinions and not fact is not discussion it's intellectual masturbation, a self centered indulgence by those with noting else to offer but agenda.
People vary, doctrine does not. so be an adult stop discussing people and stick to doctrine or, more likely is someone trying to obfuscate doctrine with personality?
Ya think?.

There seems to be no interest in discussing the written, objective doctrines, or the logical need to reconcile the documents in their entireity. typically American, the discussion continues to revolve around personalities and perceptions of opinions of tangentialities.
The real point is that koranic doctrine and the hadiths do not compormise a cafeteria religion, and the various representatives claimed to be prophets are the real and the only true representatives of their faith..
The history of the religions as a direct result of doctrine is obvious and logical in extent as two are imerialistic and tribal and seek to control worldly politics and wealth as a primary directive.
Only the one under attack from all sides, one poorly and heretically represented by it's own self proclaimed and self interested leaders seems to have by written doctrine, no worldly imperitive or claims made or implied by the very founder and curiously it is the very one under attack for the heretical policies of those that chose to subvert it away from its source material.
If you think about it, the koran and the talmud have much, much more in common as to the mechanism and goals than anything in the the content of jesus' words which allegedly form the framework for the new testament. and the God of the koran and the old testament have far more in common than that of the new testament, so I find it funny that the discussion persistently gets redirected to revolve largely around pointing out the heresies of Christianity and demanding compensation yet ignoring the specific orthodoxies of the other ME faiths with direct doctrinal blood and division on their hands. Is it any wonder why the greatest proponent of redirection of the discussion in the US away from doctrinal objectivity to personality and vague misapplications anad misrepresentaion of 'rights' for muzlims (and by association allegations of presumed legal rights for the entirety of the islamic theocracy within an already established govt, a unique and non-modifyable political system of sharia law) are in fact highly peopled and represented by those often intimately associated in the Israeli lobby.Even now on the tube we have a person with clear tribal connection with israel making claims as a representative of the US legal system that muzlims are somehow a race and for that reason alone, there is no need to discuss or investigate or evaluate their doctrine as even a possible any contributory factor for their groups representation. What could be the reason that aipac is running interference for cair and what American purpose could there be to squelch any evaluation of doctrine and behavior?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tom1701

If you say so. But uhhh, you spelled LIAR wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join