It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Read the book of Romans it Will enlighten you!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I live in Georgia. I don't however believe in a "native land" for my faith. By my religion, I'm permitted to court/marry you as a christian woman but as a married man we'll just have to leave it at dinner. My wife makes some really good Tilapia.

Oh and yes, I AM a muslim so I don't know where you get all that from.

You don't believe in a 'native land' for your faith?
Wow - there goes that once in a life time trip to your 'Holy Land' you're supposed to take. That is if you're a Muslim.

And - Where do I 'get all that from'? YOUR 'holy book'... And no I'm not going to spoon feed you the chapter and verse (more than one of them) where it states Muslims are NOT to take Christians/Jews anyone that's not Muslim as a friend, dine with them, etc. It's obvious you pick and choose what parts of your 'religion' you follow and which parts you don't.

By the by? Your insinuation, because I am a woman, 'we'll just have to leave it at dinner' just goes to show even Muslim men can be male chauvinist pigs. Thanks for confirming that...

peace

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/8/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
In response to stormdancer777

Agreed.

In my eyes, no religion is any more true than another. Just stories. The acts of 'miraculous' healing that seem to occur within cultures all around the world, whether it be a shaman curing cancer, mass prayer or merely the touch of an enlightened being;

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ENERGY! We as humans have alot more power than we are led to believe. Our thoughts hold mass and are attracted to similiar thoughts like magnets, gaining exponential amounts of power as the number of people thinking them grows. The ingestion of certain herbs or chemicals, posession of objects of power & intensive meditation can increase the energetic output of individuals. I'm sure there are alot more influences out there but those are ones i am quite certain of....
edit on 7-3-2011 by YouNeedMt because: forgot to 'reply to'

edit on 7-3-2011 by YouNeedMt because: typo

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezekiel38

You will have to provide the quotes so I can try to explain the reasoning of the author. But you can always look at the negative aspects and take the whole thing as negative or you can try to use the positive it brings and help people for the better.

I am not here saying there are no radical Christians because there are. But there are also radical atheists, Buddhists, Hundu's, Muslims, and all walks of life. I have seen that negativity towards Christianity coming from ATS within the last year. Many people come on and defend Islam, many Christians actually defend Islam on ATS but yet people still group all Christians into one category; evil.

Well everyone has their opinions and if I can't change your opinion that not every Christian is evil than you're just ignorant. Because you fail to see that even atheists have the capability of killing many people. I will cite a perfect example, Albania. Atheists killed many Christians because of their religion, btw, Albania was the first Atheistic state. Now I am not here saying all Atheists are murderer's but it is humans who commit the acts not their beliefs. If people followed Christianity than they should know that murder is a sin if committed without a justified act. So if someone is trying to murder my family I have the right to defend them. Jesus said turn the other cheek but that was just a slap and not a death threat.

However, people will always have differentiated opinions when it comes to theology.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Equinox99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Very wise words.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YouNeedMt

exponential amounts of power

We need a day a grace, the negative energy that comes off the post is horrific, ATS should have a day of grace,

People feed off this negative energy,

sadly, we have tribes feuding with one-another all over the internet, now that's a lot of exponential power.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezekiel38

You are forgetting one, very important thing which you as a christian should hold in the highest esteem. Free Will. Not all Muslims subscribe to this doctrine of lying to non Muslims, because simply put, it is irrational. And if that requires a Muslim to reinterpret a verse according to a more pacifist angle, he will do it.

I am very close for instance with a Palestinian, of all people, who is also a very devout Muslim. He shares his most intimate feelings with me. Hes much older aswell, and when i told him I was studying Kabbalah, he as a Muslim said that was good and encouraged my studying it.

So what do you make of the above case? A Muslim encourages a gentile to study the esoteric aspect of Judaism, despite the fact that it contradicts his own dogma! Maybe, he, like all rational, G-d fearing people, understands that beneath all dogma is a moral prerogative that supercedes and commands us to treat each other with love, and respect. Peace accorded to all G-d fearing people. A Muslim truly understands the notion of the fear of G-d, and many muslims deal kindly, and righteously with non muslims, because they know doing otherwise would be an injustice, and thus an abominable thing in G-ds sight.

If someone doesnt follow my exact beliefs, or my own dogma, but atleast follows a path of justice, and truth, and seeks to glorify the one G-d, how on earth if I claim to be a G-d fearing person who wants justice; how can i condemn such a person?

"Moderate" Muslims think along these lines, and i can assure you they exist and they represent the truest strain of Ishmalism. I

I condemn radicalism, which indeed exists within Islam. But i would never want my criticism to be misconstrued as a design to isolate all muslims as the 'enemy' of Jews, or Christians. That is evil and akin to the rhetoric of the very extremists you denounce.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by hawaii50th

You're terribly misunderstood. It's not Mahdi's return, it's his emergence. We are ALSO awaiting the second coming of Jesus.

Well where will he be emerging from then, if he's emerging he's got to be coming back from somewhere, so doesn't that means he's returned? And POINT me to where in your Qur an it SAYS that Muslims are waiting for the second of Jesus?

So, with all the different sects in disagreement with each other and like you said they take a political stance, it would be correct to assume that there is an agenda to make the world all Muslim and that the infidels being Jews and Christians and all those that fall in between that refuse will be killed.
edit on 7-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I don't respect a person because he/she have a faith. I can respect them despite their religious beliefs.

I've never understood why someone demands respect because they are following the writings in a book, often a real ancient one. To be honest i would not trust a person who is "truly" a believer of any dogma to make a rational decision in any matter.

I live in a Christian country, Sweden, and i can truthfully say that over 90 percent is atheists in their hearts but due to habit and respect for tradition people when asked if they have a faith they answer I'm Christian. Most people don't see this response as a problem but I'm convinces that it gives credibility to many of the truly loony groups of religious zealots.

My point is that it does not matter wich faith you have. Are you a true believer I'll never trust you fully. I long for the day when we can say I was born and bred in a Christian or Muslim or Hindu country or any other belief system instead of I'm a Christian, Muslim or Hindu etc.

I'm an atheist but that don't make me a good or a bad person. My actions define me not my beliefs.

My answer to the question asked is: as long as i know nothing else about you than that you are religious I'll be skeptic to you as I would be to any other human who looks at scriptures instead of reason, logic and science.

edit on 7-3-2011 by horrortool because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2011 by horrortool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone...
it satirises the Zionist belief that Israel belongs to the Jews 'cuz Abe said so'.

I never said such a thing.

The Statue of liberty holding the menorah is pretty clever actually lol.

Lady Liberty holds a torch, not a menorah.

edit on 3/7/2011 by abecedarian because: cuz

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

Completely agree, your religion seems to have been the basis of so called terrorist attacks for the last decade. Anywhere where im chatting to people online seem to believe that Muslims are the evil of the world. Which tbh is complete BS.

There is no real evil, just that people go about doing things the wrong way. Of course this decade long media influx of statements referring Muslims to hate the rest of the world seems to fear monger religious and other people alike.

Race. Religion, Politics etc etc. It's all about arguements against someone or a group that either has different beliefs than you or different ideals.

I for one take everything with a questionable attitude but also consider other peoples feelings and upbringing.

I don't want to come to this site to read the narrow minded peoples views about what 'they' belive or what someone else told them to believe.

We all have our own views, we also all live on the same rock that is unique to us and everything in the universe. No need to fight with each other about who is right and wrong. The only thing that really matters in this example is understanding of how other people want to live their life. If you cant tolerate it ignore it, better yet don't search the site looking for members to harrass and shoot down.

Rant over.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by arollingstone

You lost the argument buddy.

How? Saying I lost the argument doesn't mean I did. You're the one that's totally lost the plot, rambling on about Palestinian perspectives towards Israel. This thread wasn't just about Jews, or Israel or anything you've boxed our discussion into. And as I've said, I don't intend to discuss Palestinians' perspectives of Jews - its bound to be anomalous seeing as they are totally impoverished and uneducated and are suppressed by Israel (who, through lack of education, they may sometimes refer to as Jews). But jeez man you decide to filibuster going on about the history of the Palestine/Israel conflict as if that means anything here. It's totally irrelevant to the discussion. Your bias teeters on the brink on racism, as you try to compartmentalise the topic, in which case you are bound to lose any form of debate.

So much for history being on your side. Should i also mention those many riots and massacres committed by Palestinian Arabs against Jews before 1948?

You're the one going on about history, not me. History has nothing to do with my argument. One wouldn't blame a German for what the Nazis did, thats disgusting. You are so off-topic here it's unbelievable. But in any case, I'm sure these riots and massacres have now been paid back with interest.

Your argument is pitiful, and frankly im beginning to think youre one of those spread false information types.

Haha! I was wondering when I was finally going to be accused of that. I haven't provided any incorrect information on this thread, unless the belief that all people are essentially equal and are born into their religions (for which they should not be targeted) is incorrect. You're the conman, talking utter irrelevant nonsense. My debate here (and the OP's debate) was focused on modern Muslim perspectives, not the history of the Palestinian Israeli conflict. Get back on topic, address my earlier posts and grow up, kid. Actually, don't even bother wasting my time please.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

reply to post by ohioriver

I'm a male. Do I believe in sharia law? I cannot say I do due to the simple fact that it has been twisted and changed, I'm a follower of the Qur'an first and foremost which some muslims fail to realize is the way to go. Sharia law is not mentioned anywhere in the Qur'an. There are various laws in the Qur'an just as there are in the Bible and Torah, but this system of government is in my opinion 100% political. It has no real religious backing.

As for my view on women, I feel that women are the jewel of human kind. A womans testimony weighing less than a mans was a practice of old Arabia which got 'integrated' into various sects of Islam, which is one of the main reasons I don't follow any sect at all. Those who created these various sects, integrated Islams universal teachings with the culture of whatever country they came from, and now look where it got us. 72 different sects, most of which follow the culture of a country which many of us haven't even been to.

As for female genital mutilation, that is some SICK CRAP, and COMPLETELY cultural and has NO religious basis whatsoever.

I believe you when you say that you are peaceful. You do realize though that there are millions and millions of other muslims out there that are NOT moderate like you are. They ARE hardcore and want to kill non-muslims. Wheather it's in the quran or not....I'm not going to say it is or isint because I havent read the book and I'm not going to judge...That though is the reason for the fear and distrust among many of the ppl here. I'm not saying it's ok one way or the other. But you have to know the reasons why....SOME muslims are exteremist that kill, mutilate and commit terrible crimes against humanity. I will admit that christianity has done some terrible things in it's past but that time has passed long ago my friend. Are there current christian extremist?? Absolutely....Are they cutting nonchristians heads off on TV????? Absolutely not.....Are there (millions) of current muslim extremist? Absolutely.....Are they cutting off the heads of nonmuslims on TV???? Absolutely......Now do you kinda understand the fear?? Radical christians are a joke.....Radical muslims are very dangerous......They're literally whole countries of these types of radical muslims. They're even a danger to YOU if you dont believe their hardline message....Just look at the SHTF right now in the middle east. The fundamentalist and the "peaceful protesters" all across the mideast are killing eachother.....
I do support you though. That's what happens when you live in America and I refuse to be a hypocrite. You have a right to practice the religion of choice. I would also fight for your right to freedom of religion. I'm behind YOU 110% as long as you are a law abiding citizen that suports and believes in OUR DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC you are a friend and brother of mine.......I hope you arent just a Troll looking for a fight. I've explained things about the best I can to you at 5 a.m. lol
edit on 7-3-2011 by Riff2525 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Why are you a Muslim? Were you born in a predominantely Muslim country? Or probably more to the point were you born into a Muslim family? As I understand it, it is more difficult to denounce your religion if you are a Muslim than if you are any other religion. I am a 'Non-Believer' and this doesn't sit well with Christians or Muslims. I cannot believe the garbage people believe in. These books of religion were written and rewritten by PEOPLE with an agenda. What do you really believe about life, the Earth, the Universe, time, the future??? I am 51 years old and love life. I spend 0% of my time talking to beings that don't exist. Life's too short to have such encumbrances.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceChimp

Why are you a Muslim? Were you born in a predominantely Muslim country? Or probably more to the point were you born into a Muslim family? As I understand it, it is more difficult to denounce your religion if you are a Muslim than if you are any other religion. I am a 'Non-Believer' and this doesn't sit well with Christians or Muslims. I cannot believe the garbage people believe in. These books of religion were written and rewritten by PEOPLE with an agenda. What do you really believe about life, the Earth, the Universe, time, the future??? I am 51 years old and love life. I spend 0% of my time talking to beings that don't exist. Life's too short to have such encumbrances.

Everyone should be like you? They don't have a right to believe in their God or any God?
Do other people HAVE to be like you for you to accept, tolerate or even ignore them. What is your agenda? I think these are all sort of rude and ignorant questions. Forgive me for saying so.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

may i add this towards the day of grace you request.
i care nothing for the negative and this one i will
carry for the rest of my days

www.google.co.uk...://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DkgjCfHn3x2g&rct=j&sa=X&ei=brl0TcDGAsLOhAe48YTjBQ&ved=0CBcQuAIwAA&q=Khwaja+Mere+Khwa ja+:+JODHAA+AKBAR&usg=AFQjCNEFNC4NB3OYnGWT-yXCR9Joze19vw

regards fakedirt

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I just feel sorry for people who are born into extreme religious environments and have very little chance of escaping this situation without severe repercussions, I am surrounded by Non-Religious people from family to friends. None of us go to a churches or mosques or whatever for some silly chit chat with a deity that doesn't exist.

We are all happy and have family and purpose in our lives from simply being bloody civilised and not having books of do's and don'ts that were written up to 2000 years ago when people believed the World was flat!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
People on ATS will bash Muslims in any way possible, All I can say is that i believe you...Keep your head up and never let anyone sway you away from your beliefs. It's ironic how they praise the Masons and Bash the Muslims and Christians.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by Stormdancer777

may i add this towards the day of grace you request.
i care nothing for the negative and this one i will
carry for the rest of my days

www.google.co.uk...://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DkgjCfHn3x2g&rct=j&sa=X&ei=brl0TcDGAsLOhAe48YTjBQ&ved=0CBcQuAIwAA&q=Khwaja+Mere+Khwa ja+:+JODHAA+AKBAR&usg=AFQjCNEFNC4NB3OYnGWT-yXCR9Joze19vw

regards fakedirt

I couldn't access that, can you repost?
thanks

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Sorry to say, but "radical" Christians in the western culture DO get away with murdering innocent people every day....in fact....they OPENLY kill innocent lives every day...in the name of GOD.
THEN they even use propagan-oops...I mean "Public Relations" to make the world believe that killing in the name of God is God's will. (If you think I'm wrong here, ask yourself... Would it be acceptable for the US government to bomb downtown New York, and everyone in it, in order to stop a terrorist? Would it be acceptable for soldiers to come to your house and force you to leave at gun point, because they were looking for a terrorist? If the Last name "Smith" was a common name for a terrorist, would it be acceptable to you to be on a no-fly list because of that name? Would it be acceptable that you were detained for hours, or days...even tortured...because of that last name? *snip* no it wouldn't be acceptable, you'd go to arms, you'd put up a fight.)
Seriously....and I go back to my earlier comment about divide and conquer...even if it WERE true that killing is a "Muslim" thing to do (Which it is NOT)...why are people not focusing as much of their energy, hatred, anger and fear on calling out our "Christian" leaders for their daily acts of murder? Why is it ok for "christian/ supposed God fearing government to kill innocent lives...IN THE NAME OF GOD..., but as soon as a Muslim does something wrong, Islam is to blame?
NO...to blame Islam for the actions of one Muslim, or a group of Muslims means we would have to blame Bush on Chritianity.
Christians Muslims and Jewish all believe in one God...the same God. And like there are different opinions throughout the Christian world (IE...Pentecostal, Evangelical, etc...) there are different opinions throughout the entire world....yet the belief is in the same God.
I am not a part of any religion...but I study them all because I know that there is truth hidden in ALL of them. The most AMAZING thing I have discovered is NOT the differences found...the most AMAZING things I have discovered are the SIMILARITIES.
The world is full of people who are out to complaint about the differences, and to push people towards their own opinions...everyone wants to be right....
IMAGINE if the world focused on the similarities. I think it's safe to assume that if all religions believe in one thing (For example, that God is Love) then that one thing is probably closer to the truth.
Wake up to the divide and conquer plan people!

edit on 3/8/2011 by maria_stardust because: Vulgarity and the Automatic ATS Censors

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join