It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

He and the father are one. He and the father are different. What that means who knows. I suppose it has to do with how twins are one but different. But in this case it is a son and father.

In the early days, the law was meant for those he chose, to show the rest of the world what faith meant. Israel was this. When Israel's purpose was done, it was no more.

The rules in the New Testament were never neglected to be told in the old testament. They were always there. To keep the past Parallel, while the laws on the constitution of the US were not present in Rome's, Rome's laws inevitably lead to things like the Magna Carta and the Constitution.

Simply put, the New Testament's laws are in the Old Testament. But people lost sight, so Jesus came down to redefine it as it always was but that man had forgotten.

To take gays as an example related, stoning gays was how to get rid of that in a society that did not wlecome them. In a post-Israel world, Gays are still wrong, but you have no reason to stone them, as the laws that governed ancient Israel are not free of choice, as you are no longer in Ancient Israel.

For example,do you have any right to force US laws In Iraq? No. But you can follow US law in your household and self. The law in a foreign land is held true, even though the foreign land does not follow that law.

To look down and not punish is to give us free will.

besides, you don't know they type of people God ordered killed. Can you prove they were innocent? If not, you cannot say they were killed without reason.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You have been told many wrong things about Christ my friend. His words have been twisted in your mind and you cannot see the other way.

Dude, like I said, I don't my any claims about the jesus that appear in the bibles it is calimed by the majority of xtians that he and yaweh are one and the same being.

If jesus (of the bibles) and yahwhe are are the creator of all that there is,was or will ever be. If this is true then there can be nothing that is,was and will ever be that that is not created by jesus/yaweh.

Needless to say, if this is the case all action including homosexuality is the creation of yawhe/ jesus unless of course, there is another creator(s).

To remain on topic, which is "What the Bible teaches about homosexuality." the bible clearly states that Yahwhe (one and the same entity as jesus as per xtian claim) outlawed homosexuality the penalty for anal sex between two men being "death".

It is irrelevant what I've been told about jesus (yawhe) if I need information about the biblical jesus I need look no further than the bibles the same as anyone else.

By the way, I think I've mentioned this to you before that Christ was a title not a name so for further reference so as not to cause confusion, if we are to enter into dialogue could you please be clear which ancient character you are referring to.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

He and the father are one. He and the father are different. What that means who knows. I suppose it has to do with how twins are one but different. But in this case it is a son and father.

Like I previously said, I make no claims it is christians that make the claim jesus (the one in the bibles) is one and the same being as yahwhe, the alpha and omega, the creator of all that there is, was and will ever be.

If you are claiming one of the twins had humans execute practicing homosexuals but the other twin would have them tortured for all eternity after they died, well quite frankly your no further ahead in excusing bible bigotry.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
Like I previously said, I make no claims it is christians that make the claim jesus (the one in the bibles) is one and the same being as yahwhe, the alpha and omega, the creator of all that there is, was and will ever be.

I was raised Christian. I honestly do not understand how people can still believe this crap.

I've talked with three people in seminary that went in search of proof of Jesus. All three of them today are agnostic/atheist. Because there is nothing - - not one shred of evidence - - that Jesus ever existed.

How can you believe anything - - - that literally comes from nothing.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Dude, like I said, I don't my any claims about the jesus that appear in the bibles it is calimed by the majority of xtians that he and yaweh are one and the same being.

Ah, I see. That would be like me taking someone else's testimony about you when I have you right here in front of me. Then arguing with you about what you asy and don't say. Too funny.

Christ is within you. I assume that when you speak for Christ, you are speaking from within, based on what YOU have learned. I apologise for making that mistake.

As to Christ being one and the same being, is a drop of water within a glass of water any different the whole of water within the glass?

If jesus (of the bibles) and yahwhe are are the creator of all that there is,was or will ever be. If this is true then there can be nothing that is,was and will ever be that that is not created by jesus/yaweh.

Yep.

Needless to say, if this is the case all action including homosexuality is the creation of yawhe/ jesus unless of course, there is another creator(s).

Yep.

To remain on topic, which is "What the Bible teaches about homosexuality." the bible clearly states that Yahwhe (one and the same entity as jesus as per xtian claim) outlawed homosexuality the penalty for anal sex between two men being "death".

Nope.

It is irrelevant what I've been told about jesus (yawhe) if I need information about the biblical jesus I need look no further than the bibles the same as anyone else.

The Bibles are nothing more than a guide. The master is within you.

By the way, I think I've mentioned this to you before that Christ was a title not a name so for further reference so as not to cause confusion, if we are to enter into dialogue could you please be clear which ancient character you are referring to.

Was there another Jesus who did not wear the title Christ? Was there another person other than Jesus who did wear the title Christ?

As there is no one to fill the former, and no one worthy of the later, lets suffice it to say that for the Time being, Jesus is the ONLY Christ.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

No, it would be more like one the the twins ruling an empire and making laws for it, then the other twin teleporting a thousand years after it fell to deliver the same message to a world were that same empire was no more.

Jesus never claimed to be God. He simply claimed to be of the same origin. They are the same. But they are distinct different persons. It would be like a programmer writing a code so advanced and so perfect that the code replicated his own persona to the quo. The code is the programmer. But the code is its own persona.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I was raised Christian. I honestly do not understand how people can still believe this crap.

I've talked with three people in seminary that went in search of proof of Jesus. All three of them today are agnostic/atheist. Because there is nothing - - not one shred of evidence - - that Jesus ever existed.

How can you believe anything - - - that literally comes from nothing.

Well to be fair Annee there is evidence of the existence of Jesus, unfortunately for the christians things kind of go down hill from that point because the first century was replete with seditionists going by the name of Jesus.

Fore example .

Jesus ben Ananias. Beginning in 62AD, this Jesus had caused disquiet in Jerusalem with a non-stop doom-laden mantra of ‘Woe to the city’. He prophesied rather vaguely:

"A voice from the east, a voice from the west, a voice from the four winds, a voice against Jerusalem and the holy house, a voice against the bridegrooms and the brides, and a voice against the whole people."

– Josephus, Wars 6.3.

Arrested and flogged by the Romans, Jesus ben Ananias was released as nothing more dangerous than a mad man. He died during the siege of Jerusalem from a rock hurled by a Roman catapult.

Jesus ben Saphat. In the insurrection of 68AD that wrought havoc in Galilee, this Jesus had led the rebels in Tiberias ("the leader of a seditious tumult of mariners and poor people" – Josephus, Life 12.66). When the city was about to fall to Vespasian’s legionaries he fled north to Tarichea on the Sea of Galilee.

We have to bear in mind that these guys were actually recorded yet xtians reject them insisting that the jesus of nazareth in the gospels is their guy. Yet, as you are aware there is evidence of a jesus of nazareth ever existing in fact nazareth was not even on the map when the alleged creator of the universe living in human form healing some sick people but not eradicating disease.

When the jesus family tomb was found with two marys no less the xtians also reject this guy as their man it would appear that none of the jesi nor the dude in the tomb can be their man yet millions of them accept a medieval image of on a piece of cloth as evidence of their godman

What is most disgusting about the whole affair is that christians lie to children both their own and those of other people when it comes to the jesus story, he was born on the 25th December in an inn blah blah.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Jesus never claimed to be God. He simply claimed to be of the same origin.

I do not make this claim the majority of xtians do, if you don't then fair enough my friend, needless to say this would go far to explaining the riddle over why he would ask of himself why he had abandoned himself.

From from what you write he is asking yahweh why he abandoned him.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Of course he did. But it was a trap for Satan. Granted its all under the same controller. But they are still of the same. It is not understandable. They are, but they are not. To me, this is something to say of its origins. I mean most if not every other religion is pretty understandable. gods act in human terms. Abrahamic God does not. Jesus does not claim to be God. And yet to some degree he does. He lets the people say it. But he never does. What does this mean? One cannot know. He lets people decide. Perhaps it is not suppose to be known.

In any case. Jesus makes one reference to homosexuals. He states that there are those whom cut off their parts for their own salvation. Interesting.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Of course he did. But it was a trap for Satan.

Is this the same satan that is supposed to have buried the fossil in the young earth ?

Granted its all under the same controller. But they are still of the same. It is not understandable.

If it's not understandable why the hell do xtians go to such length trying to explain something they don't understand ? This is particularly repugnant when it's done to the captive minds of children.

To me, this is something to say of its origins.

And the origins of the bible god is what ? More than likely the convoluted hijacked story of the Armana exodus and the original earliest recording of monotheism ie the worship of the Aten.

I mean most if not every other religion is pretty understandable. gods act in human terms. Abrahamic God does not

The Abrahamic god acts more like a man than any other of his fellow gods probably because the texts were written by men primarily for men.

Jesus does not claim to be God. And yet to some degree he does. He lets the people say it. But he never does. What does this mean? One cannot know. He lets people decide. Perhaps it is not suppose to be known.

Indeed that seems to be the trouble with believers , they insist on trawling through vasts amounts of circular discussion instead of saying "I don't know" at the outset.

In any case. Jesus makes one reference to homosexuals. He states that there are those whom cut off their parts for their own salvation. Interesting.

Indeed and if that is too interesting to be understood we can always rely on his twin yahwhe to clarify as he was quite the master of clarity when it came to the topic of homosexuality , and answers the question of the thread topic "What the bible teaches about homosexuality" -

"Kill the queers".

QED

Thank you for a polite discussion

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Does the Bible say he buried the fossils? No. Are you adding in straws in a strawman fallacy? yes.

I fail to see how children are captives. By going to Catholic school since preschool, I inevitably became an atheist. And that made me become more protestant than anything else. In fact, some children will rebel, some will not. What you teach them does not change this fact.

There is no way to know who got what from whom. As I recall Zeitgeist tried to make the claim that the Jews stole from Zoroastrianism. But investigation shows the opposite is true. Not to mention if God does exist, then there really is nothing preventing him from poking at other people's religions to make them find him. Why else would all religions seem to be heading towards monotheism and polytheism never really accounting for much in this world, other than a few gorgeous Temples.

Not really. God seems to act more like a father figure whom tells the people whom they should hang out with or not. Your problem is you assume that when people get killed there are innocent people there. But that's flawed. After all, if God is who he is, he has the power to never kill innocent people. And as I recall, he never has.

Not that we don't know. We just don't know fully.

he never says kill the queers except for Israel. once again, Israel is not America.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Indeed and if that is too interesting to be understood we can always rely on his twin yahwhe to clarify as he was quite the master of clarity when it came to the topic of homosexuality , and answers the question of the thread topic "What the bible teaches about homosexuality" -

"Kill the queers".

Yes, but do you believe what the bible says to do is the correct approach when it comes to this subject?

Or do you prefer live and let live?
edit on 7-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Would make good watching of the entire lecture...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Does the Bible say he buried the fossils? No. Are you adding in straws in a strawman fallacy? yes.

Re Read I made no such claim, sarcasm in relation to xtians that make the fossil was the intent

I fail to see how children are captives.

Children are inherently accepting most anything an adult tell them is true, an example of a captive audience of children could be a country which compels children to worship the xtian gods yahweh and jesus ( or god yahweh/jesus which ever your view).

By going to Catholic school since preschool, I inevitably became an atheist.

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still

And that made me become more protestant than anything else.

A protestant is a christian

In fact, some children will rebel, some will not. What you teach them does not change this fact.

teenagers rebelling is one thing being deconverted from ingrained indoctrination is another

God seems to act more like a father figure whom tells the people whom they should hang out with or not.

The trouble with your father figure is that you can never be sure when or if he will kill or cause you suffering or demand another human to do it.
Another major downside of this capricious madman is that the child can never be free of it even after death personally I find the monitoring of a childs' thought and action quite disgusting.

Your problem is you assume that when people get killed there are innocent people there. But that's flawed. After all, if God is who he is, he has the power to never kill innocent people. And as I recall, he never has.

So by your reasoning you would agree that the thousands that died on 911 were guilty of some transgression and yawhe/jesus killed them as punishment ?

he never says kill the queers except for Israel. once again, Israel is not America.

The bibles clearly state that those that commit homosexuality should be put to death, whether that be by the hands of men or a living death at the hands of yawheh/jesus. Either way the gay is going to get it from your god according to the bibles. If you choose not to accept that then good for you after all it is quite disgusting.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes, but do you believe what the bible says to do is the correct approach when it comes to this subject? Or do you prefer live and let live

As far as I'm concerned the bibles are morally bankrupt have no place in the 21st century and should be consigned to the mythology section of libraries.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Yes, but do you believe what the bible says to do is the correct approach when it comes to this subject? Or do you prefer live and let live

As far as I'm concerned the bibles are morally bankrupt have no place in the 21st century and should be consigned to the mythology section of libraries.

You mean Lot giving up his virgin daughter to be raped in order to prevent the oh-so-horrible act of homosexuality isn't a good model for morality?!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You used something not even related to the topic to try to discredit another. That would be a strawman fallacy.

Children are not intent to listen to everything their parents tell them. But if it makes sense they will follow. If what you claim was true, then we would not see such radical changes in behavior and belief within one generation in the middle east and America. One generation ago, my parents took down the government monopoly, ended the Vietnam war, and proved without a doubt that the government lies. This generation, "generation meh", could hardly give a damn about the government, much less religion. Time will change that I suspect, but you're claims are only true for poor brutal societies. Of which, most of the western world is not.

No, I actually liked those schools. I wanted to go. I just became an atheist because of the hypocriticy in them in regards to religion. This did not change the overall love for the school I had. Again, please stop assuming half truths based off one liners. This is in poor judgement for yourself.

A protestant is a Christian. A Catholic is a Cristian. A Protestant is not a Catholic. And each individual is not another individual.This is hardly relative, but you should at least be capable of recognizing that a square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square. Your gross incapability of differentiating between individuals is troubling.

God does not kill you because you are suffering. So that statement is pointless. God tells other humans that a group of people are incompatible to your way and they must be removed. It is no different if the government ordered a crack down on nazis and racists. Only we do not kill them, because we do not know if they are innocent or not.

No, 9/11 has nothing to do with that. All humanity has sinned and all humanity deserves to die. This is why God flat out says he will no longer punish you for that because then he would have to destroy the world. people die. Get over it. Why does it matter when? What is this attachment to life you have? Why? You have a right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and all things in contrary to this you have a right to remove from your private life. If something does not go, tell the government. Weather you die now or tomorrow really does not matter and has no relevance to God being good or not. You will die. Suck it up and accept it. That is your final punishment for all your wrongs. Whenever it is does not matter.

The bible clearly says that in ancient Israel, under its laws, homosexuals should be put to death. You are neither in that nation nor time. And yes, he will die for it eventually. I'm going to die because I've watched porn when I was younger and realize now its wrong. The man across the road who stole a rose petal from a flower store will die for that theft, We are all going to die for some falling short. Welcome to humanity. Sorry, I don't find it disgusting. I find it being human.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Faith.

That's why there is no proof for God.

But there is proof for Jesus. Just nobody listens so oh well.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Annee

Faith.

That's why there is no proof for God.

But there is proof for Jesus. Just nobody listens so oh well.

Really? Show me. There is Zero proof of Jesus.

EDIT: On second thought. This thread is not about proof of Jesus. But - here is a thread that is: Proof that Jesus existed. Please resurrect it if you seriously think you can prove it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-3-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

re
do not confuse the word of God with the word of man. God loves all of his creatures great and small. man teaches hate God doesn't''... snip

It's obvious in the bible that God hates Sin [ one being homosexuality ] but He does loves the sinner enough to die in his stead- He took the punishment for all through Christ
It's up to us to accept that reconciliation personally if we wish to get in an acceptable relationship with the eternal God of this universe
y

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join