It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Nicely put and its as you say. Not a normal/natural thing, if we are designed to be a union of male and female. So that we can multiply.
Im not a homophobe. I dont mind them at all as it just means more ladies for the likes of me.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Nicely put and its as you say. Not a normal/natural thing, if we are designed to be a union of male and female. So that we can multiply.
Im not a homophobe. I dont mind them at all as it just means more ladies for the likes of me.

true that brother..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The original translation is "who ever putteth away his wife".....not divorcing. Back in the day the men would just leave their wifes and marry another. That is adultery. They would not give their wives a bill of divorce. It's like today if you separate from your spouse and sleep with someone else, with no divorce, that is adultery.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IGOTMOLESTED

Originally posted by Akragon
Heres one for ya.....

whats the difference between having a gay lover....and anal sex with your wife?

Sodomy is a sin right?

YA BUT ONE THEM MAKES YOU GAY AS WELL AS BEING A SIN.

Only difference is two men verses one man and one woman.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

The cleansing laws also included not having intercourse during a womans period. How many christians follow that law? It either all stands, or it all falls, you can't pick and choose.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwigt

Right. My son is a fundamentalist christian who hates the sin so much that he won't have anything to do with his gay sister. Christians can say all they want they don't hate the sinner, but they do.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by Dwigt

Right. My son is a fundamentalist christian who hates the sin so much that he won't have anything to do with his gay sister. Christians can say all they want they don't hate the sinner, but they do.

Damn right, tell him hes sinning hardcore....by judgeing her for what she is instead of accepting her.

Bloody christians pick and choose their battles.....honestly its really pathetic..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

In the same way a parent hates the child when they're evil but loves them still, God also does.

weirdly I've never come across a child that I would call evil, and I certainly would never entertain the thought of killing a child simply because it misbehaved.

Needles to say my atheist morals are far superior than the jesus/yahweh gods morals, no doubt be cause he is imaginary.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by Dwigt

seriously though, i would slap my kid so hard they'd stop him in china for speeding!

Good thing i don't have kids..

How can one take such an ignorant point of view towards your own sister....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dwigt
reply to post by Akragon

Please, the whole of the Bible does not teach stoning for any sin. Maybe try reading the book, you might be surprised at what you find.

Yes, it does. Deuteronomy 21: 18-21

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
Needles to say my atheist morals are far superior than the jesus/yahweh gods morals, no doubt be cause he is imaginary.

My friend, if you believe this you have sorely missed the point. There is no moral standard higher than Christ's standard. No one has come along and proved a better one with their own lives, and death, and subsequent resurrection.

You are looking for evidence of Christ when you cannot open your eyes and see him in others. This is because so few actually take it upon themselves to Be like Christ. You claim your moral code is more pure than Christ's? Really? Does yours include absolutely loving all Mankind? Does yours include loving them while they persecute you? Does yours include loving them when they scourge you? Does yours include begging for THEIR forgiveness as they nail you to a cross? Does your moral code love your fellow man so much?

Would you be willing to prove it with your life?

That is a pretty high bar of morality. Very few could come close. If you have done these things in your own moral code, then I will gladly say yours is equal. However, it will not be greater until you have given your life and were resurrected in three days.

Pull that feat off, and I will believe you have the highest morality.

So, rather than boast on who has a higher morality, why not recognise where the bar is. Then work together to attain it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Morals do not exist. The word never shows up in the bible. The only thing like it is "keep from immoral behavior". That's it. The reason is simple. Morals do not exist. They are temporary mobile things which change per society and per religion and per person. Not a constant. No God of mine would ever rely on variables for his laws.

Much rather, rely on logic and common sense.

Israel was a separate nations. A nation with a code and a higher standards than its neighbors. Now from a purely localized viewpoint, there was no such thing as good gays in those days. A gay person was either a rapist, a dictator, or a dead person. But lets look past purely localized situations. Israel does not equal America. It was not a free nation. It was a nation meant to be codified in law.

Because of that, the standards you have today are irrelevant to the standards of the nation of Israel back then. And to a purely hypothetical stance, their death may in fact be the second death of the 2nd coming, not the death that they shall suffer there.

Irregardless, America is not Israel, and Israel is not America. America is a gentile nation, and Israel is no more. Thus look to the law given after the fall of the nations. In as much as the Magna Carta is a valued document but has no rule over America, the old testament has no rule over the new testament, but is still an important document for what is right and proper.

In Ergo. be gay if you want. but you're not in ancient Israel so do not kill them. As the Bible says, the word is now outward and freely chosen for the gentiles, not upheld by force to a nation strong and proud.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well i am a long haired gay with tatoos that has had 2 marriages that judges people while i pray in church listening to female preachers. Guess I'm on the long road to hell, better take a bag of prawns to keep me fed on teh long road.
reply to post by quber

Well at least there's going to be a lot of people coming along for the trip to keep you company. I'll be there, but we'll make the crazy fundamentalists carpool with each other.
edit on 3/3/2011 by Crackavelli because: eh...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I see your guys view point on the matter. It is wrong to use religion to justify intolerance. Live and let live is a better philosophy.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Or better yet,Let it be,
The Beatles
It's is not harming you.
Unless you have been f$%# up the a%$ by a gay against your will.
Let it be.

By the way,I am not gay,just pro-choice in living ones life.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus
I see your guys view point on the matter. It is wrong to use religion to justify intolerance. Live and let live is a better philosophy.

That's all we are permitted to do my friend. None of us are any better than another. We are all equal before the lord. Now some will say that makes us all sinners. I say no, Christ washed me of my sins and I sin no more. What did he wash from me? The illusion of sin that polluted my being. That is what he washed from me. My own self applied shame. Once I could see it no longer on me, I did not see shame in anyone else. I see us all as perfect, as Christ saw us.

There is nothing to be ashamed of, we are all children. We are just getting started in this journey. No one knows what the answers are, we can only share our perspective.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus

That's all we are permitted to do my friend. None of us are any better than another. We are all equal before the lord. Now some will say that makes us all sinners. I say no, Christ washed me of my sins and I sin no more. What did he wash from me? The illusion of sin that polluted my being. That is what he washed from me. My own self applied shame. Once I could see it no longer on me, I did not see shame in anyone else. I see us all as perfect, as Christ saw us.

There is nothing to be ashamed of, we are all children. We are just getting started in this journey. No one knows what the answers are, we can only share our perspective.

With Love,

Your Brother

So could you share with us what sins you had to be washed of?
And what was the illusion of the sin.
What is it that you are no longer ashamed of?

with Love,
Your Brother In Life

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have no illusions of my sins,I know what I did,
I accept them,I have made amends,nothing really bad,
just some petty thieving and some hurt feelings,
nothing major as a teen,but,who hasn't.
I do what is good,not what is bad.
But this religious crap and such is a bunch of poor
excuses for someone who did bad things and really,
really feels bad about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

with Love,
Your Brother In Life

I could list many things, many trivial things that mean nothing in this world. I have throughout this site. None of those things count much in the weight of sin. They are merely reaction to action mostly. An ignorant child getting the feel for this crazy world we live in. No, those are not the sins we will be judged for.

Our sins are our judgements of others. Every singly time we say an unkind word, every time we find a reason to hate, every time we choose to look down upon, all of those things we will be judged on. These are the things we can actually control. All else is beyond our control.

What am I no longer ashamed of? I am ashamed of nothing. Why should anyone be? We have all made mistakes, We know in our hearts what needs to be done, so lets just forgive and start over.

Do not judge.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by kdog1982

with Love,
Your Brother In Life

I could list many things, many trivial things that mean nothing in this world. I have throughout this site. None of those things count much in the weight of sin. They are merely reaction to action mostly. An ignorant child getting the feel for this crazy world we live in. No, those are not the sins we will be judged for.

Our sins are our judgements of others. Every singly time we say an unkind word, every time we find a reason to hate, every time we choose to look down upon, all of those things we will be judged on. These are the things we can actually control. All else is beyond our control.

What am I no longer ashamed of? I am ashamed of nothing. Why should anyone be? We have all made mistakes, We know in our hearts what needs to be done, so lets just forgive and start over.

Do not judge.

With Love,

Your Brother

You are correct,I must apologize to you cause I had my posts crossed.
But being human is as such.
Free to explore the many possibilities of life and living.
We make mistakes.
We are forgiving,sometimes.
But to be damned by some bible beater is just wrong.
They are the ones who need to seek forgiveness.
Cause they are going against there own beliefs!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join