It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

You made a mockery of the word of God by twisting and turning the words to sooth the ears of men, so that they can feel good about themselves and continue in their ways that is unclean. This is the way of the world, and this is what brings condemnation down upon the earth. One thing you are right in, As true Christians we can not sit idly by and allow this kind of deceit and the watering down of God's Word without speaking out against it.
What did Christ say to the sinner,

John 8:10-12 (Amplified Bible)

10 When Jesus raised Himself up, He said to her, Woman, where are your accusers? Has no man condemned you?

11 She answered, No one, Lord! And Jesus said, I do not condemn you either. Go on your way and from now on sin no more.

12 Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life.

Jesus did not condemn her, but He said to her, "Go On Your Way And Sin No More." He Also Said, "I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life."

What does that mean, "Will not be walking in dark" it means that person will no longer want to sin.

You know, even the devil can quote scripture. I pray for the day that God makes known the truth that men don't want to hear and listen to. The truth makes men's ears burn that's why there are so much lies today about what scripture really says about sin and the sinner.
The truth will prevail, and the wretched will not be able to deny any longer. The day will come and they will hear, they will plug their ears and they will still hear and it will burn horribly.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

You know, even the devil can quote scripture. I pray for the day that God makes known the truth that men don't want to hear and listen to. The truth makes men's ears burn that's why there are so much lies today about what scripture really says about sin and the sinner.
The truth will prevail, and the wretched will not be able to deny any longer. The day will come and they will hear, they will plug their ears and they will still hear and it will burn horribly.

ORLY? I'm shaking in my boots

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what the bible says about homosexuality because the whole book is garbage.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by CLPrime

You made a mockery of the word of God by twisting and turning the words to sooth the ears of men, so that they can feel good about themselves and continue in their ways that is unclean. This is the way of the world, and this is what brings condemnation down upon the earth. One thing you are right in, As true Christians we can not sit idly by and allow this kind of deceit and the watering down of God's Word without speaking out against it.
What did Christ say to the sinner,

John 8:10-12 (Amplified Bible)

10 When Jesus raised Himself up, He said to her, Woman, where are your accusers? Has no man condemned you?

11 She answered, No one, Lord! And Jesus said, I do not condemn you either. Go on your way and from now on sin no more.

12 Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life.

Jesus did not condemn her, but He said to her, "Go On Your Way And Sin No More." He Also Said, "I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life."

What does that mean, "Will not be walking in dark" it means that person will no longer want to sin.

Careful my friend, if you twist that verse anymore it may snap all together!

11 She answered, No one, Lord! And Jesus said, I do not condemn you either.

No one condemned her, and Christ did not condemn her. There was NO SIN.

Go on your way and from now on sin no more.

Sin no more means to not judge others just as she was not judged. Judgement of others is the only Sin.

Jesus says who follows him will not be walking in dark, but will have light. What is that darkness? Judgement. When you judge you put blinders on that prevent you from seeing others as the beautiful perfect beings they are. You are in darkness. Remove those blinders and you can see just how perfect God created everything. You can even tell when others are walking in darkness. How? They come to you for the light.

Why is it the life? Because you appreciate this life so much more when you are marveling at it's wonder as a child than you do when you are busy finding faults in all around you and demanding that God come make everything to YOUR specifications. God does not work for Man, Man is here to enjoy the work God already did. Love without Judgement is Life.

Count your sheep...

Salvation

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 31-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

There was NO SIN.

Stop lying. Christ simply forgave her sin of adultery. he then instructed her not to continue in adultery any longer now that she'd been forgiven. Christ's number one message was one of repentance. As well as a Christians life should be one of repentance.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

There was NO SIN.

Stop lying. Christ simply forgave her sin of adultery. he then instructed her not to continue in adultery any longer now that she'd been forgiven. Christ's number one message was one of repentance. As well as a Christians life should be one of repentance.

I see you are still struggling with your inner hatred my friend. I hope you heal soon.

What is Sin? It is a transgression of God's Law.

What is God's Law? To love one another.

It really is that simple.

God is within all. If you believe otherwise, YOU are following a lesser God.

What you do to anyone, you do unto God for God is within all.

Once you come to understand this, you will have life. Until then, you continue to lie in your grave full of hatred of the world around you.

Forgave her of adultery you say? Who was her accuser? Who were the witnesses? Where was a crime actually committed?

There was no sin. The story makes that very clear. There were no accusers.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

There was NO SIN.

I see you are still struggling with your inner hatred my friend. I hope you heal soon.

There is no hatred towards you I can assure you, I wish you no ill will in your life whatsoever. However, I do love the Lord and His Word. If the Lord magnifies His Word above His own name that means it's pretty important to Him.

We agree there.

That's ONE of them, there were over 600 laws of God under the Old Covenant. At the time Jesus spoke these words He was operating under the Old Covenant. He didn't institute His New Covenant until the last supper with His apostles.

If you wish to know what Christ thought about the Father's Word look at His reply to satan when he tempted Christ to turn rocks into bread. "Thou shalt not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word which proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Christ didn't say man shall live by one commandment only, but by all of them, every Word. He also said "Until heaven and Earth pass away, not one jot or tittle shall in no wise pass from the Law until all be fulfilled."

So are you denying that Christ revealed God as a personal God that we could have a personal relationship with?? Sorry, I'm not into the New Age religion that tries to claim God is everything, the trees, the rocks, the birds and cattle.

God is certainly not within all, God said in the garden of Eden that there would be a seed of the serpent. Jesus told the Pharisees that their Father was not His Father, that their Father was the devil. Was Jesus a liar?

Once you come to understand this, you will have life. Until then, you continue to lie in your grave full of hatred of the world around you.

I don't hate. Would you consider it "hate" to tell someone who was on drugs to quit taking them they could die prematurely? Would it be "hate" to you to tell a child not to play with matches because they could burn the house down??

Forgave her of adultery you say? Who was her accuser? Who were the witnesses? Where was a crime actually committed?

Accusers: The Pharisees (verse 3)
Witnesses: Those who "caught her in the very act" of adultery. (verse 4)

The accusation was made in verse 4:

"Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act."

The accusation was adultery. The Pharisees were attempting to trick Jesus so they could find fault with Him against the Law of Moses (verse 6). The Pharisees were not following the Law for a trial under the Law of Moses. Jesus didn't tell the woman she didn't sin, He said He didn't condemn her and in fact told her to "go and sin NO MORE." Christ never said there was no sin committed, He said He was not going to condemn her because no one else stayed to condemn her either.

Christ was teaching three things. 1. We are all sinners. 2. Mercy and forgiveness is more righteous than condemnation, and 3. When forgiven of our sins we should make it practice not to commit them any more.

edit on 31-3-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

There is no hatred towards you I can assure you, I wish you no ill will in your life whatsoever. However, I do love the Lord and His Word. If the Lord magnifies His Word above His own name that means it's pretty important to Him.

If you have hatred to anyone you have hatred towards me.

If you love him you will keep HIS commandments.
If you love him you will love the least of these.

That's ONE of them, there were over 600 laws of God under the Old Covenant. At the time Jesus spoke these words He was operating under the Old Covenant. He didn't institute His New Covenant until the last supper with His apostles.

There is only one Law, one commandment, and it is written on the heart at birth. Sadly, we make up more as we go through life because we are TAUGHT to do so by others.

That law is to love one another.

So are you denying that Christ revealed God as a personal God that we could have a personal relationship with?? Sorry, I'm not into the New Age religion that tries to claim God is everything, the trees, the rocks, the birds and cattle.

I am not denying this, YOU are. By casting judgement on others you are condemning their own personal relationship with God and insisting that they follow your own. As for God being everything, what does it mean to be Omnipotent (all powerful), omnipresent (EVERYWHERE), Omnisicent (all Knowing), and Omnibenevolent (all Good)? This isn't "New Age" it is the very foundation of Monotheism.

If one has a personal relationship with God, why does one need Moses to tell him what God says is right or wrong?

God is certainly not within all, God said in the garden of Eden that there would be a seed of the serpent. Jesus told the Pharisees that their Father was not His Father, that their Father was the devil. Was Jesus a liar?

No he was not a liar. Man's ego is the serpent. When Man assumes his idea of God is superior to all others and tries to dominate them on that belief, HIS ego fights against God. The Pharisees did this, and sadly the majority of Christians, Muslims, even Jews do this as well.

I don't hate. Would you consider it "hate" to tell someone who was on drugs to quit taking them they could die prematurely? Would it be "hate" to you to tell a child not to play with matches because they could burn the house down??

Is it not hateful to fill someone with the fear of death rather than teach them of the eternal nature of their soul so that they learn to fear nothing?

Accusers: The Pharisees (verse 3)
Witnesses: Those who "caught her in the very act" of adultery. (verse 4)

The accusation was made in verse 4:

"Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act."

The accusation was adultery. The Pharisees were attempting to trick Jesus so they could find fault with Him against the Law of Moses. The Pharisees were not following the Law for a trial under the Law of Moses. Jesus didn't tell the woman she didn't sin, He said He didn't condemn her and in fact told her to "go and sin NO MORE." Christ never said there was no sin committed, He said He was not going to condemn her because no one else stayed to condemn her either.

Christ was teaching three things. 1. We are all sinners. 2. Mercy and forgiveness is more righteous than condemnation, and 3. When forgiven of our sins we should make it practice not to commit them any more.

Actually, the Pharisees are Judges, not accusers or witnesses. The accusers withdrew their accusations, thus no crime was committed.

You are a sinner because you have accepted the laws of Sin. It is a beam in your own eye. I am not a sinner, I am perfect just as God made me, and that is how I see all others, even you. I hope one day you will set that yoke aside and see yourself as perfectly as I see you. Then your eyes will be wide open to the perfection of this world God created. Your heart will glow with love for all of it. And you will live.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 31-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have to admit I'm slightly amused at you Christians fighting over the correct interpretation

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I have to admit I'm slightly amused at you Christians fighting over the correct interpretation

Laughter is the music of the soul my friend!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I am not a sinner

With that, why should I listen to someone who is self-deceived and doesn't posses the truth? (1 John 1:8)

You have never disobeyed your parents? Never told a lie? Never used the Lord's name as a curse word? Always obeyed the Sabbath? Never wanted something you saw someone else with?

I don't think so, for the Bible says :

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23

If you really think you have never sinned I suggest you read what Christ's 'beloved' apostle John says:

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8

I certainly know I'm a sinner and have fallen FAR short of the glory of God.
If you truly don't think you've ever sinned then you surely don't see the need for a personal Savior do you?

But then again, who am I to judge right? If you truly have no sin when you die you can walk right up to the throne of God and say, "Move over, now there's two of us."

edit on 31-3-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

IAMIAM will be the first to tell you he is not a Christian.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

FYI, I'm on your side and not the "repent or else" crew when it comes to this discussion...even if I obviously don't subscribe to Christianity. Your base message seems to be respect and love, and that's fine for all I'm concerned...at least a lot better than the "belief based on fear of god's retaliation" crew

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Well, neither are you it seems...at least you're failing pretty hard when it comes to some of the rules

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

You're judgemental and definitely not merciful...not surprised though, a lot of fundamentalists seem to be more about hate than anything else. And that doesn't go just for Christians, it's a valid statement for other religions like Islam too.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

But then again, who am I to judge right? If you truly have no sin when you die you can walk right up to the throne of God and say, "Move over, now there's two of us."

When I die?

I am eternal my friend. We all are. Only the flesh perishes. Do not live for the flesh, but live for the eternal soul.

No more can I say to convince you my friend. This is your journey and when the father who is within is ready for you to understand, you will.

Until that time, judge my words how ever you see fit.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Well, neither are you it seems...at least you're failing pretty hard when it comes to some of the rules

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

You're judgemental and definitely not merciful...not surprised though, a lot of fundamentalists seem to be more about hate than anything else. And that doesn't go just for Christians, it's a valid statement for other religions like Islam too.

This really comes down to understanding the book.... both the Ten commandments and Jesus's laws are all based around the exact same thing....Love.

Unfortunatly some people read the book several times and study it for years yet they still do not pick up that message.

If you read the ten commandments they all without exception....involve loving God and loving your neighbour as you love your own soul....

Unfortunatly some people see themselves fit to judge others because they've studied the bible... And their best excuse is when Jesus said "judge rightiously"...but show me one man on this planet who is rightious?

Again, its all about understanding the mind of God, and we can know the mind of God through Christs actions and his words...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

There was NO SIN.

It really is that simple.

But Christ did tell her to sin no more, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That's because you non-Christians are always misinterpreting and watering down scripture.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

That's because you non-Christians are always misinterpreting and watering down scripture.

Well, apparently many Christians do the same

And you really have to water it down a bit, as certain passages in the Old Testament are complete and utter garbage. Racism, genocidal god you're still supposed to worship, slavery, rape, nonsense genesis stories, and the list goes on.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

reply to post by hawaii50th

ORLY? I'm shaking in my boots

You will be when your caught with your pants down(just a figure of speech for not realizing God does hate sin and changing His Word).

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join