It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Well as far as I can see, god said go forth and multiply. Replenish the earth. man and woman. adam and eve. He didnt mention any thing about buggering some guys ass. How could you multiply by being a gay?
I recall seeing some thing about the rising numbers of gays and that its all to do with the growth hormones, which are injected into cows.

What you're talking about is a genetic anomoly.

[gotta choose my words carefully, here]

It is possible to agree with your statement without being ugly about it. I believe that our species was created (no matter which side you are on, regarding that (origins)) to 'go forth and multiply'. And to 'multiply', you have to have 2 organisms of the same species, one male one female create a 'union'.

So, if you look at homosexuality as a genetic defect - which is what it is (if we are to believe that we were 'engineered' to grow our species by union of male and female) - then, why would you not treat it as such?! Because it's repulsive to you? In what way? [I hate chili dogs - they disgust me, and I see m*th*r f*ck*rs eating'em on the street and it makes me wanna puke, but there ain't no legislation out there to abolish or support their right to eat one or my right to have to look at them do it!]

When we see a person with with cerebal palsy, we think 'aw, poor guy', because we 'know' they couldn't possibly be living as fulfilling a life as us because of their 'condition', and pity him. But, he doesn't want to be pitied. He just wants to be treated like a normal person.

When we see a person with downs syndrome we think 'aw, poor guy', because we 'know' they couldn't possibly be living as fulfilling a life as us because of their 'condition', and pity him...

When we see a person born with missing limbs...

So, why when when see a gay person, do we choose hatred of all things, rather than pity or nothing special at all?

I used to be a homophobe, too - then, I grew up.

edit on 3/3/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
To make a point why using the bible as a guideline for sexuality is beyond retarded...let me present you with an abomination of god:

I dunno about you guys, but I like lobsters...and some of my friends are gay, so who am I to judge them...especially if I judge them based on a silly book that outlaws lobster!!

PS: Anyone got some hot butter left?

edit on 3-3-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall

So one wonders whether Jewish law and the Torah were just based on cultural norms or whether it was a mandate by God.

I hope it doesn't take you too long to figure out the answer.....

What do you think is more likely?

Do you spend more time fixing your hair than you do in contemplation of the mysteries of the Universe?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here is another beautiful passage usually twisted to judge others. Let's look at it and see what is being said.

4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.” 5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,”

Moses gave that law to one tribe of man because their hearts were hard. They did not love one another, so they had to have a written, rigid law. Otherwise, they would destroy one another.

Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

To contradict that way of thinking, he points out that the heart wasn't always cold. In the beginning, it was male and female united. We have drifted from that way of thinking. Our hearts have grown cold toward our women and they truthfully do not have a voice. The only way a woman gets into power is if she succumbs to masculinity. We have made them nothing more than sex objects. Before you say "Oh not I", bear in mind you are but one part of the whole. Silence denotes approval of the functioning of the machine.

The machine is that beast we have built around us that causes us to compete for survival when so much more can be done working together. Mankind was meant to be united. It is God's will. The only way to get there is to do as Christ did. Love one another. And once that bond is made, let no one seperate it. For God, love, has joined it.

But his disciples didn't get it. So he dumbed it down a little for them.

10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

If you read Christ's story, you will see that he has to do this often. His first words are an absolute gem of information. Then the disciples come back because they do not understand, So, Christ gives a simpler truth they will understand. He continues until he finds a way they some what understand. His whole life is a parable, and his truth is in his actions. The words are for those who do not understand.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The amount of hate towards something nobody has any understanding of is incredible. This is just as the hate towards Christian's, and Jesus for something they also did not understand something that precedes even time. When the spirit of God that is in you juges you when the silver cord is broken you'll wish you had someone to testify to the father. Not to preach a bible thumping, your going to hell sermon. But this is real people if your not finding the truth its because your not seeking to truly know it.

A generation of vipers.

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crackavelli
Soooooo then....since we're pointing out what the bible says is wrong, well let's see.......

These passages seem to speak against divorce or marrying someone after you/they have been divorced. So, around 80% of Americans are christian and we have a 50% divorce rate. How many christians do you know that have been married multiple times?

“So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder” (Matthew 19:6 & Mark 10:9)

“Whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery” (Matthew 5:32, 19:9 & Luke 16:18)

"...whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her" (Mark 10:11 & Luke 16:18), which applies to women as well (Mark 10:12)
~~~~~~~~~~
This passage appears to me to tell people to pray in private, as opposed to public places of worship, schools, etc.

"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room (or closet.) and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret..." (Matthew 6:5-6 RSV)
~~~~~~~~~~
How many Christians have long hair? Even the stereotypical picture of Jesus does. Of course he's also apparently white with blue eyes.

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (l Corinthians 11:14)
~~~~~~~~~~
What about women not preaching or even speaking in churches?

“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak”-- 1 Corinthians 14:34)
~~~~~~~~~
Now I know there are a few judgmental christians out there...

“Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven” (Luke 6:37)
~~~~~~~~~
Any christians with tattoos?

“You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh on account of the dead or tattoo any marks upon you. I am the Lord”--Leviticus 19:28
~~~~~~~~~
So I say, let's go after some of these other sinners as well, while we're at it. It would seem only fair.
Seriously though, I hear christians talk about homosexuality more than gay people that I know. What is with this obsession? It seems I can't get on ATS anymore without seeing multiple threads with christians going on and on about it. Why don't you use that energy and time to go after some of the REAL evils being perpetrated in this world? I for one am sick of all those divorced long haired people with tattoos.....

Well i am a long haired gay with tatoos that has had 2 marriages that judges people while i pray in church listening to female preachers. Guess I'm on the long road to hell, better take a bag of prawns to keep me fed on teh long road.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Very nice post IAMIAM, it brings out the complexity of male/female relationships, and the so called "war of the sexes", and how we are dealing with this in modern times.

We are oftentimes caught between the traditions of the past and the ongoing progressive revelation of the mystics.
edit on 3-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Very nice post IAMIAM, it brings out the complexity of male/female relationships, and the so called "war of the sexes", and how we are dealing with this in modern times.

Absolutely! This is because we see us as Male/Female. This is the first veil of the illusion of separation.

The second veil, is husband/wife.

Then we keep adding veils as we stretch out into our community.

The truth is, we are one, made by our father.

That is it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I find it rather amazing that a web site, nay a web community, which by its definition requires an open mind to so many possiblities includes topics such as this, which demand a completely closed mind to any possibility other than what the biggest "TPTB" in the history of humanity says is true!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by Gazrok

Exactly my previous points... There are many practices in the Bible, that we no longer follow because society has chosen not to...

Like slavery, christians put up one hell of a fight over that one , predictably they turned around and made the claim it was their idea to abolish the disgusting practice to begin with and it had nothing to do with jesus.

Do your research slavery was supported by Southern Democrats, the Republicans were for freeing of the slaves.
edit on 3-3-2011 by ArchIlluminatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Physical form is not his image. And if it is, gender came later.

In the same way a parent hates the child when they're evil but loves them still, God also does.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Old Testament was written by and for a Bronze Age society. It's prohibitions don't apply now. But just in case you believe they do, then tell me: do you walk outside the city walls, dig a hole, # in it and then cover it up? Have you ever worn a cotton or woolen blend peice of clothing? If so, you have broken an OT law. As for the Paul quotes, hell, Paul never knew Jesus and never heard him speak. Where are the quotes from Jesus on homosexuality? Hint - there are none. We as a society have outgrown the silliness that is the Bible and need to move on.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
To OP

" thou mayest clothe thyself, and that the shame of thy nakedness be not made manifest; and eyesalve to anoint thine eyes, that thou mayest see. "

Religious nut-shell

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover
The Old Testament was written by and for a Bronze Age society. It's prohibitions don't apply now. But just in case you believe they do, then tell me: do you walk outside the city walls, dig a hole, # in it and then cover it up? Have you ever worn a cotton or woolen blend peice of clothing? If so, you have broken an OT law. As for the Paul quotes, hell, Paul never knew Jesus and never heard him speak. Where are the quotes from Jesus on homosexuality? Hint - there are none. We as a society have outgrown the silliness that is the Bible and need to move on.

"but the word of the Lord stands forever." And this is the word that was preached to you." -1 Peter 1:25

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." -Isaiah 40:80

Also going to the bathroom outside the camp and covering it up makes sense for sanitary reasons. There was 12 tribes around the Tabernacle. The camp grounds would become unsanitary if everyone did their business inside the camp. The Levitical laws were given to Moses when him and the 12 tribes were wondering in the desert for 40 years. They weren't in a city with walls, they was in the desert. Get your facts straight.

Christ did speak out against homosexuality:
Matthew 19:4-6 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Sex outside marriage is considered a sin, here Christ said God created man male and female and they should come together as one flesh and let no man separate them. He didn't say a man and man or a woman and woman should become one flesh, just ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN. We are just retreading what has been already covered if you would take the time out to read the previous posts.

As for mixing two fibers here is a commentary:

Leviticus 19:19

These three commands have the same general thought behind them. They move from concrete to intention, that is, from letter to spirit. The one regarding cloth is easiest to illustrate this principle. The specific application involves linen and wool, and Israel was not to mix the fibers from a vegetable product and an animal product into the same piece of material. It expands in its practical application when we understand that mixing animal and vegetable fibers makes poor quality material. Therefore, the intent—its spirit—is to teach us to purchase the best quality that we can afford.

The same holds true with the other laws that appear in this context. God is instructing us that the best thing to do is to keep the breeds pure and not let hybrids develop. The pure breeds of a species are always considered to be of higher quality.

www.bibletools.org...

Most of your questions would be easy to find answers to if you bothered to take the time out and research them.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This thread has been derailed so many times, its funny as hell...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zimishey

Hes not my god.
I dont habe a spirit in the sky watching every move I make, So that he can judge or punish me.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join