It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Yeah, yeah, I know...I will burn in hell...blablabla

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
But Christ did tell her to sin no more, right?

Yes he did my friend. I tell you the same thing. Sin no more!

What ever you think is Sinful, cast it out, it is a beam in your eye. If your eye is evil, pluck it out! It is better to go through life with one eye than see a world of Sin. If your hand offends you, cut it off! It is better to lose a hand than have the whole body be corrupted.

Sin no more!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by hawaii50th

Yeah, yeah, I know...I will burn in hell...blablabla

Not if you accept the fact that Christ died for everyone and accept Him. And anyway, that's for God to decide who will burn and who won't, none of us has a right to judge. Our right though is to up hold God's Word when we see someone denying the truth, adding to it, misinterpreting, and or watering down His Word.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

But Christ did tell her to sin no more, right?

Yes he did my friend. I tell you the same thing. Sin no more!

What ever you think is Sinful, cast it out, it is a beam in your eye. If your eye is evil, pluck it out! It is better to go through life with one eye than see a world of Sin. If your hand offends you, cut it off! It is better to lose a hand than have the whole body be corrupted.

Sin no more!

With Love,

Your Brother

Yes. There were no accusers but the way Christ is talking to her says that she was in sin prior, and so He tells her to leave her old ways and sin no more, so in effect there was sin and now after He spoke to her and forgave her she was cleansed of her sin and became sinless through Christ.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's a well established historical fact that the bible was altered and items removed in order to assert patriarchal power and control in the early church. This resulted in changes being made that disempowered and demonised women and gay people. Anyone who thinks that being a Christian has anything to do with judgement, hatred and bigotry against gay people is not a Christian. Using religion to assert hatred and bigotry towards gay people is very sick, twisted and criminal and has nothing to do with genuine Christianity or God whatsoever. Bigotted homophobic so-called Christians who can't get their head around this are either clulessly ignorant and/or bigotted neo-nazi's who may never understand what Jesus really stood for. It's really not rocket science to understand that tolerance, inclusion and respect of gay people is what Jesus would have wanted all along.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Not if you accept the fact that Christ died for everyone and accept Him. And anyway, that's for God to decide who will burn and who won't, none of us has a right to judge. Our right though is to up hold God's Word when we see someone denying the truth, adding to it, misinterpreting, and or watering down His Word.

But, isn't God powerful enough and wise enough to uphold his own word?

Does God really need you, a mere mortal to do this for him?

If his word is truth, isn't he all knowing enough to perhaps endow his creation with his word?

This God doesn't sound very godly my friend. He needs men to teach his truth, he needs men to uphold his truth, he needs men defend his truth, yet in his book of truth he say "Trust no man, they are liars".

22Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders.

11In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

Blessed [is] that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

9I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living. 10I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted: 11I said in my haste, All men are liars.

The truth is within you. Trust no man, they are liars.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

But, isn't God powerful enough and wise enough to uphold his own word?

Does God really need you, a mere mortal to do this for him?

If his word is truth, isn't he all knowing enough to perhaps endow his creation with his word?

This God doesn't sound very godly my friend. He needs men to teach his truth, he needs men to uphold his truth, he needs men defend his truth, yet in his book of truth he say "Trust no man, they are liars".

22Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders.

11In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

Blessed [is] that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

9I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living. 10I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted: 11I said in my haste, All men are liars.

The truth is within you. Trust no man, they are liars.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yes. There were no accusers but the way Christ is talking to her says that she was in sin prior, and so He tells her to leave her old ways and sin no more, so in effect there was sin and now after He spoke to her and forgave her she was cleansed of her sin and became sinless through Christ.

I have already demonstrated numerous times on this forum that there are multiple ways to interpret scripture. Even with this passage I have demonstrated there is more than one way to interpret it. My motives are clearly based on demonstrating unconditional love for all and the omnibenevolence of the God I profess to follow. My motives are to uplift the soul in the ways of Christ, to do as he has done, to walk in his ways. That is my motivation.

What is your motivation for your interpretation?

Be honest, why do you interpret scripture to be so damning to others when God is all forgiving and all loving.

Tell us from the heart and be true, what are YOUR motivations?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Common sense and reality is starting to win over Dogma.

Its about Damn Time!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

I have already demonstrated numerous times on this forum that there are multiple ways to interpret scripture. Even with this passage I have demonstrated there is more than one way to interpret it. My motives are clearly based on demonstrating unconditional love for all and the omnibenevolence of the God I profess to follow. My motives are to uplift the soul in the ways of Christ, to do as he has done, to walk in his ways. That is my motivation.

What is your motivation for your interpretation?

Be honest, why do you interpret scripture to be so damning to others when God is all forgiving and all loving.

Tell us from the heart and be true, what are YOUR motivations?

To read it for what it is rather than beating around the bush and explaining things in a round about fashion. Tell it like it is, not water it down to make others happy or to conform to others way of interpretation.

The message of love is clear, but how you reach that level is what makes the difference. You don't tell people there is no sin without explaining the importance of the sacrifice that Christ made and what it all means and represents. And that the only way to be pardoned of sin is to accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
The woman He is talking to was a prostitute, no one came to accuse her because Christ said to them, let he who has no sin cast the first stone(the stone is their judgment against her) so what is that saying. That all has sinned. And now because Christ is the One that forgives sin, only those that realize He is the only way to salvation and the forgiveness of sins and accepts Him into their lives can have forgiveness and salvation.
The woman had realized this and accepted Jesus Christ as the Lord, and Jesus told her no body judges you now go and SIN NO MORE.

Now, if no body can understand that, then the world has completely gone aloof, confused, and lost.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Its about Damn Time!

Yes for those that don't like the honest to goodness burning truth.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Its about Damn Time!

The Burning Truth??? You do love to throw those innuendos in - - don't you.

Truth? There isn't even one ounce of proof Jesus ever existed.

What exactly do you base your Truth on?

There is One truth - - and that is Homosexuality is a natural birthright. And if God is the Creator - - then He created gays.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Its about Damn Time!

The Burning Truth??? You do love to throw those innuendos in - - don't you.

Truth? There isn't even one ounce of proof Jesus ever existed.

What exactly do you base your Truth on?

There is One truth - - and that is Homosexuality is a natural birthright. And if God is the Creator - - then He created gays.

Very hypocritical wouldn't you say? If Jesus didn't exist than why do you even make the excuse that if God is the Creator He created gays? Looks like your just trying to cover you own ass just in case.
And just from your reaction proves that the truth burns.
Call it innuendo if you like, I really don't care what you call it, the truth is the truth, otherwise why would people get so upset.
The truth always pisses people off that's one of the great things about how the truth is proven.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Very hypocritical wouldn't you say?

If Jesus didn't exist than why do you even make the excuse that if God is the Creator He created gays?

Looks like your just trying to cover you own ass just in case.

No.

Because I'm talking to someone who believes it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The truth always pisses people off that's one of the great things about how the truth is proven.

No it doesn't.

There is nothing to be pissed off about.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

No it doesn't. There is nothing to be pissed off about.

The only thing that pisses me off is ignorance.

Than you should be pissed off at yourself.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Very hypocritical wouldn't you say?

If Jesus didn't exist than why do you even make the excuse that if God is the Creator He created gays?

Looks like your just trying to cover you own ass just in case.

No.

Because I'm talking to someone who believes it.

Another excuse.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

No it doesn't. There is nothing to be pissed off about.

The only thing that pisses me off is ignorance.

Than you should be pissed off at yourself.

Epilepsy - - once believed to be possessed by the devil.
Mark of Cain - - dark skin a curse from god
Don't mix cloths - - etc etc etc

Science supports same sex attraction is genetic - - even if they haven't pinpointed the exact reason yet.

verses

Zero Proof Mystical

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

To read it for what it is rather than beating around the bush and explaining things in a round about fashion. Tell it like it is, not water it down to make others happy or to conform to others way of interpretation.

You are a liar. You are not reading Christ's words for what they are. If you were, you would not judge. You would give all that you own to the poor and set out in life to walk as Christ did. You would sacrifice everything to teach others to love as Christ did. You would exemplify his life with your own actions instead of casting judgement like the Pharisees. You are not a follower of Christ. You do not even know the Man. You do not know his words. You are a hypocrite. You hide behind his death and assume that in it, you are free to do as you wish, to treat others as you wish, to be filled with hate and bitter hypocracy while expecting to receive favor simply because you say, "I am a Christian". Have you entered the Kingdom of Heaven yet? Do you have eternal life yet? Wonder why? Because Christ does not even know who you are!

So tell us and stop BSing us. What is your REAL motivation. Say it! Speak the evil you feel. Admit it, you HATE homosexuals. That is YOUR judgement. Stop hiding behind a damn book and say what is in YOUR heart. What do you love if you do not love your fellow man, all of them? Tell us what truly is your treasure that we may know your heart.

This isn't church where you can say hateful things and receive the nods of agreement from blind supplicants who agree with you. Here you tell the world what hate is worshipped in that foul house you call the house of God. So speak honestly and openly. Why do YOU hate homosexuals???

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Wow man, ye don't usually explode like that...

Bad day er what?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join