It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yacov
It's obvious in the bible that God hates Sin

What is Sin?

What is God?

In your words of course my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
wow 28 pages and still going strong

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It has been proven, there are many. And I will leave it with an open invitation to show how the current historians and proof pieces are wrong through PM.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

What is Sin?

What is God?

With Love,

Your Brother

haha i couldn't resist....

1. Sin doesn't exist.... there are only positive and negetive vibrations which are corrected by Karma

2. Better question....what isn't God?

Always my words...of course

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

What is Sin?

Have you not read 1 John 3:4?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

What is Sin?

Have you not read 1 John 3:4?

Have you not read my post?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

1. Sin doesn't exist.... there are only positive and negetive vibrations which are corrected by Karma

What does Karma need to correct if there is no Sin?

Excellent answer my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Annee

It has been proven, there are many. And I will leave it with an open invitation to show how the current historians and proof pieces are wrong through PM.

NO - it hasn't.

And unless you go to the thread I linked and prove it - - - don't bother with the "brush off" or trying to turn it around on me.

There is ZERO proof of Jesus. As said - - I provided a link on ATS to a discussion of the existence of Jesus.

I will leave it at that. See you in the other thread proving Jesus.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It's nice you think that way. Go ahead. I won't stop you.

I'm not going to debate stuff that's obviously true. It's like debating if reality is true. I just won't bother.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Annee

It's nice you think that way. Go ahead. I won't stop you.

I'm not going to debate stuff that's obviously true. It's like debating if reality is true. I just won't bother.

Please post in thread provided for the discussion of the Existence of Jesus.

The title of this thread is: What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Time will change that I suspect, but you're claims are only true for poor brutal societies. Of which, most of the western world is not.

The bulk of the west Europe and the US for example are enslaved to crippling dept that our great grandchildren may ed up being saddled with is this not poverty ?

The US and the UK are stomping around the world killing other peoples children at our behest because we believe they are a threat to us, is this not barbarity ?

Your assertions appears to be subjective, what makes a person poor, what makes a person barbaric ?

As for the rest of your post- I would be grateful if you would use quotation as it is somewhat difficult to keep track on who said what if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507

Would make good watching of the entire lecture...

Star for that, most educational and humorous to boot, if only the xtians would spend a little time educating themselves before engaging in ignorant bigotry.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Yacov

If your god is the omnibenevolent creator of all that is,was and will ever be, then that's kind of retarded logic to hate what you created.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

You mean Lot giving up his virgin daughter to be raped in order to prevent the oh-so-horrible act of homosexuality isn't a good model for morality?!

Indeed, or how about sending bears to rip some children to pieces for teasing a bald man, ah what a loving father in the sky.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No thanks bro. I don't waste time with fools.

reply to post by The Djin

Take note. As those actions have been on the rise and more brutal, they have int he past and today increased when people became less religious and more self-centered and interested in the self. The complete opposite is taught in Christianity. Just saying.

But that is generalizing in general. The people, for the most part, irregardless of race religion and culture, have opposed such things. pretty much only around the world wars were they eager to fight their foes. And that neded just as fast as it came.

But all and all this has nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

That depends on how you define mysteries of the universe. No amount of wondering will get you answers without science.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What does Karma need to correct if there is no Sin?

Excellent answer my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

Hmm...Good point!

I was speaking more along the lines of biblical sin.

You know the type that "condems you to eternity in hell".... In that sense sin doesn't exist.

Theres no sin that will get you sent to Hell, which doesn't exist either...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is my 1st post. I have been reading ATS for a couple of months and I can't get enough of it.
My reply is in reference to the topic of What the Bible teaches about Homosexuality and its interpretation by Christians, and society.
I am a happily married 51 yr old male with 2 girls and have never thought of anything sexually regarding a man, nor will I ever, I suppose. My sexual preference will always be women. I must mention I attended an all boys Catholic School in Louisiana for 12 years, so the typical stereotyping of the Southern Male and his ideas I hope will be debunked a little in this post.

My own research on this much disputed topic starts with the a simple truth that the word homosexuality is an invention of the nineteenth century and does not occur in any original manuscripts from which the English Bible is descended. It is not found in any Bible or language until 1946.

I really like what PETER GOMES has to say on this topic.
He is a Plummer Professor of Morals and Christianity at Harvard who is a Baptist Preacher.
His book How to Read the Bible with Your HEART AND MIND, is priceless.
He delivered the benediction Ronald Reagan, and the Inaugural Sermon for George Bush.
He has 6 honorary degrees and is a Graduate of BATES COLLEGE AND HARVARD DIVINITY SCHOOL.

This is my source of interpretation and have found his writings to be very informing.
I particularly like what he says about the people who picket the funerals of gay men dead from AIDS with the sign GOD HATES FAGS. The source of this conviction and belief for them is, we are told, and I think they believe, the Bible.

Jesus makes no mention of homosexuality.

Sometimes the statements are clear but the Context and Application of them are not.
I could go on and on, but I think I have made my point. Paul in the Bible is mainly speaking of passions out of control, that become an end in and of themselves, that are in fact idolatrous.
Once again we see that, homosexuality is not the "problem," in the Bible, it is the so called "Christians" who read it.
The Bible says the same in regards to Drink, Money, and Divorce.

I will end by saying that if we truly believe the Lord's Prayer, the OUR FATHER, then we must believe what Emmit Fox says in The Sermon on the Mount. If God is truly our father, and is "hallowed," completely whole, then he loves us unconditionally. Wouldn't any "Father" love his children more than anything. Compare this love to the Love of God, our father, and I beg that this statement alone should remind us to LOVE EVERYONE.

RIPPLEFX008

edit on 20-3-2011 by RIPPLEFX008 because: I didn't put my name. RIPPLEFX008

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RIPPLEFX008

Wouldn't any "Father" love his children more than anything. Compare this love to the Love of God, our father, and I beg that this statement alone should remind us to LOVE EVERYONE.

First star!! WooT WooT!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RIPPLEFX008

Thank you! Awesome

I am no longer Christian - - but I can say: "There are those who truly walk in His footsteps" - - although few and far between.

I think you just qualified.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join