It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by IAMIAM

Wow man, ye don't usually explode like that...

Bad day er what?

Just tired of the bull# my friend. I am tired of people using the teachings of Christ as a mask for their own inner hatred. I am tired of cowards who are too afraid to actually do what Christ said, and then wonder why they are not in Heaven yet. I am tired of wolves scattering the flock that Christ built. I am tired of serpents in the garden.

I don't care if someone has hate. Hate is caused by many things, mostly fear and misunderstanding. But for Christ's sake be a man about your hate. Stand up and say you hate, what you hate, and why you really hate it. Hiding behind a book isn't going to save anyone and it only defeats the world Christ set in motion, lived for, and died for. Mein kampf was a book also. I wonder how some of these haters would feel if that was adopted by a majority and used to justify their hateful behavior. "Oh, but that's not God's word!" they will say. That my friend is a matter of opinion! If someone says it is, then it is! Such as the Bhagavad Gita, The Quran, etc.

I can forgive anything but a lie against the Holy Spirit. If you hate, just say so. Then we can work on healing that injury that causes the hate.

I am dumbfounded that with all that is going on in the world, some are so blind that all they can see worth devoting their time to, is running down others for what they do with their own bodies.

I guess we need a little more cataclysm to wake some people up.

It's coming.

Sorry for the rant my friend. I am just tired of the hate and the lies.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by hawaii50th
To read it for what it is rather than beating around the bush and explaining things in a round about fashion. Tell it like it is, not water it down to make others happy or to conform to others way of interpretation.

You are a liar. You are not reading Christ's words for what they are. If you were, you would not judge. You would give all that you own to the poor and set out in life to walk as Christ did. You would sacrifice everything to teach others to love as Christ did. You would exemplify his life with your own actions instead of casting judgement like the Pharisees. You are not a follower of Christ. You do not even know the Man. You do not know his words. You are a hypocrite. You hide behind his death and assume that in it, you are free to do as you wish, to treat others as you wish, to be filled with hate and bitter hypocracy while expecting to receive favor simply because you say, "I am a Christian". Have you entered the Kingdom of Heaven yet? Do you have eternal life yet? Wonder why? Because Christ does not even know who you are!

So tell us and stop BSing us. What is your REAL motivation. Say it! Speak the evil you feel. Admit it, you HATE homosexuals. That is YOUR judgement. Stop hiding behind a damn book and say what is in YOUR heart. What do you love if you do not love your fellow man, all of them? Tell us what truly is your treasure that we may know your heart.

This isn't church where you can say hateful things and receive the nods of agreement from blind supplicants who agree with you. Here you tell the world what hate is worshipped in that foul house you call the house of God. So speak honestly and openly. Why do YOU hate homosexuals???

Here we go again, I'm not the one judging, the Word of God judges. So, I got to you huh. Your calling me a liar, so who's judging now. Finally your true colors are shinning brightly, you stand naked before all to see. You the very one that preaches that we are to love and not judge is judging me.
There are a lot of hypocrites on this site, and eventually the ones that pretend, the ones that act so pious, the ones that like to water down the Word of God, the ones that try to paint themselves as so loving and soft spoken and call everyone brother is exposed for who they truly are. Enough! Enough! Of this foolishness, and sweet talk of lies and deceit, only fools will not see, will not seek the full truth. The truth hurts, the truth Burns deep into the soul, the truth sees right through the lies. All of you can keep denying all you want, all of you can keep twisting, changing, watering down, lying to each other, patting each other on the back, praising each other, you only fool yourselves, your not one tiny bit fooling God. He sees you for who you really are.

You know, you that call yourself Iam, when you have such a following of people that think your words are so great and illuminating, that's when alarm bells and red flashing lights go off for me. I look, I read and I say this guy got them good, good and fooled. He waters it down so they can swallow it.
Christ said, "you will be hated on account of My Name" and you Iam do not speak for Christ. For if you did, practically no one on here would agree with you. Mostly everyone on this site hates anything that speaks of God and Christ. They will stoop to any kind of excuse to put down the true and ever living God. This is a place of vipers and demons. There is no space in here for the praise and glory of God's Name.
The day will come when Christ will appear in the clouds with all His Holy angels to put all those that mock Him in their proper place, than they who rejected Him will see and weep, and it will be too late for many.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Bad day er what?

Just tired of the bull# my friend. I am tired of people using the teachings of Christ as a mask for their own inner hatred. I am tired of cowards who are too afraid to actually do what Christ said, and then wonder why they are not in Heaven yet. I am tired of wolves scattering the flock that Christ built. I am tired of serpents in the garden.

I don't care if someone has hate. Hate is caused by many things, mostly fear and misunderstanding. But for Christ's sake be a man about your hate. Stand up and say you hate, what you hate, and why you really hate it. Hiding behind a book isn't going to save anyone and it only defeats the world Christ set in motion, lived for, and died for. Mein kampf was a book also. I wonder how some of these haters would feel if that was adopted by a majority and used to justify their hateful behavior. "Oh, but that's not God's word!" they will say. That my friend is a matter of opinion! If someone says it is, then it is! Such as the Bhagavad Gita, The Quran, etc.

I can forgive anything but a lie against the Holy Spirit. If you hate, just say so. Then we can work on healing that injury that causes the hate.

I am dumbfounded that with all that is going on in the world, some are so blind that all they can see worth devoting their time to, is running down others for what they do with their own bodies.

I guess we need a little more cataclysm to wake some people up.

It's coming.

Sorry for the rant my friend. I am just tired of the hate and the lies.

With Love,

Your Brother

He Just Showing His True Colors

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Bad day er what?

I have a way of eventually getting a person to show his true colors. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this guy is watering down the faith. When so many agree with his rhetoric, something just doesn't sit right. And I don't fall for any of his sweet mutterings its nothing but fluff.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Actually i would probably agree with him before most on this site...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Here we go again, I'm not the one judging, the Word of God judges. So, I got to you huh. Your calling me a liar, so who's judging now. Finally your true colors are shinning brightly, you stand naked before all to see. You the very one that preaches that we are to love and not judge is judging me.
There are a lot of hypocrites on this site, and eventually the ones that pretend, the ones that act so pious, the ones that like to water down the Word of God, the ones that try to paint themselves as so loving and soft spoken and call everyone brother is exposed for who they truly are. Enough! Enough! Of this foolishness, and sweet talk of lies and deceit, only fools will not see, will not seek the full truth. The truth hurts, the truth Burns deep into the soul, the truth sees right through the lies. All of you can keep denying all you want, all of you can keep twisting, changing, watering down, lying to each other, patting each other on the back, praising each other, you only fool yourselves, your not one tiny bit fooling God. He sees you for who you really are.

You know, you that call yourself Iam, when you have such a following of people that think your words are so great and illuminating, that's when alarm bells and red flashing lights go off for me. I look, I read and I say this guy got them good, good and fooled. He waters it down so they can swallow it.
Christ said, "you will be hated on account of My Name" and you Iam do not speak for Christ. For if you did, practically no one on here would agree with you. Mostly everyone on this site hates anything that speaks of God and Christ. They will stoop to any kind of excuse to put down the true and ever living God. This is a place of vipers and demons. There is no space in here for the praise and glory of God's Name.
The day will come when Christ will appear in the clouds with all His Holy angels to put all those that mock Him in their proper place, than they who rejected Him will see and weep, and it will be too late for many.

You still have not answered the question. Why do you HATE homosexuals.

A book is an inanimate object. It is not the word of God. The word of God is within you just as it is within everyone else. So put your ego aside and let the loving God within you speak. I am asking YOU like I would ask God, why do you hate homosexuals?

Speak for God. Speak for the God that is within you. Tell me why you hate homosexuals God??

Are you not a child of God?

Then speak for your father who is within you.

I do. And I am not afraid to declare that I speak for God for he bears witness to my testimony and he alone I answer to, just like you.

So tell me Son of God, why do YOU hate homosexuals?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I don't hate homosexuals, what I hate is the twisting of God's Word, watering it down as you do.
It is not the person God hates it is the sin. And to deny the bible the Word of God is also a sin. The one unforgivable sin is to deny the Holy Spirit of God.
You showed your true self, you are not free of anger, you are not perfect like you lead on to be, you still carry sin. You are still week, you still give in to the flesh. We are all like that. You deny Christ, which is horrible, you deny His deity, and that he died and rose again so that we can be set free of our sinful nature.
By your words you take away the power of God, by calling down His Word which was written for us for teaching and instruction on how to follow Him.
You make God powerless, and you make it sound like men can do it on their own. Well, you are completely wrong in your teachings, your words mislead men. You are not God, I don't pretend to be God, I will proclaim His Word, We are instructed by Christ to proclaim His Word, not our word.
No one can understand until they hit rock bottom and truly seek out God personally with a sincere yearning heart for truth.

Jeremiah 23:29-32 (Amplified Bible) 29 Is not My word like fire [that consumes all that cannot endure the test]? says the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks in pieces the rock [of most stubborn resistance]? 30 Therefore behold, I am against the [false] prophets, says the Lord, [I am even now descending upon them with punishment, these prophets] who steal My words from one another [imitating the phrases of the true prophets]. 31 Behold, I am against the prophets, says the Lord, who use their [own deceitful] tongues and say, Thus says the Lord. 32 Behold, I am against those who prophesy lying dreams, says the Lord, and tell them and cause My people to err and go astray by their lies and by their vain boasting and recklessness--when I did not send them or command them; nor do they profit these people at all, says the Lord.

edit on 31-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I don't hate homosexuals, what I hate is the twisting of God's Word, watering it down as you do.
It is not the person God hates it is the sin. And to deny the bible the Word of God is also a sin. The one unforgivable sin is to deny the Holy Spirit of God.

The Bible is not the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit of God left the body of Christ on the cross, did a Bible fall out of his mouth? The Holy Spirit is the life giving spirit of God within all of us. It is the source within us from which all love flows. If the love is not flowing, then something is in the way. Some would call these things that block that loving spirit demons or devils. Today we call them psychological disorders caused by trauma or brain abnormalities which can be treated. The Bible is just a tool to teach righteousness. What is it's lesson? None are righteous enough to Judge. Not you, not me. You think me calling you a liar is a judgement against you, well it is as much a judgement against you as me saying you are sitting their at your computer reading this message. It is not a judgement, it is a statement of what you are doing. By all means keep doing it if it suits you.

Just do not try to claim you are a child of an All Loving All Forgiving God, that you understand the message of the Prince of Peace, the savior of the world, the exemplar of the Word of God while at the same time hating others. All Loving leaves no room for hate.

You showed your true self, you are not free of anger, you are not perfect like you lead on to be, you still carry sin. You are still week, you still give in to the flesh. We are all like that. You deny Christ, which is horrible, you deny His deity, and that he died and rose again so that we can be set free of our sinful nature.
By your words you take away the power of God, by calling down His Word which was written for us for teaching and instruction on how to follow Him.

It is not anger it is frustration because you will not be honest with yourself or the readers of this forum. You continue to hide behind a book so carefully crafted that anyone can pull any meaning they choose out of it. The magic of the Bible is that it reveals the heart of the reader, not the word of God.

Why do you suppose there are so many denominations of Christianity? Why do you suppose that with all those denominations dominating the globe we still have war, famine, disease, and other sufferings? It is because those who do as Christ said are so very few in number. To realise the Kingdom of Heaven that Christ promised, we must do as Christ did. Not simply take the wide road of accepting his sacrifice. We must sacrifice ourselves to doing as Christ did and LOVING all. If you cannot do that, ask yourself why.

You make God powerless, and you make it sound like men can do it on their own. Well, you are completely wrong in your teachings, your words mislead men. You are not God, I don't pretend to be God, I will proclaim His Word, We are instructed by Christ to proclaim His Word, not our word.
No one can understand until they hit rock bottom and truly seek out God personally with a sincere yearning heart for truth.

I do not make God powerless! I make God all powerful, all loving, ever present, and supremely knowing. He knows that which is in your heart and he knows for what purpose he has built you. He is within you and I believe it is within you to overcome this hate that you have. You must first look for God within you, and not in that book. The book is a tool to teach you how to get there. You must be willing to put on the sandals of Christ, to walk as he walked. To suffer in place of others suffering. To forgive even those who cannot forgive. To love even those who would condemn you. To detach from this world and all it's temptations and trust in God, the father within you over ALL others.

God is within you and God is all powerful and all loving. Look within and heal yourself. Then you will understand the love of Christ.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Why do you HATE homosexuals.

Sorry IAM, but it would actually be hatred to not share God's commands with people on the broad way to Hell. Christ did the same, in fact He came to redeem everyone on that broad way with His death and resurrection in our place. But not all will repent and accept His sacrifice. And any person who claims Christ yet is rebellious and refuses to repent demonstrates their unrepentant spirit.

Real hatred is to sit idly by and encourage people to be rebellious to God's Word and not repent of their sin. Jesus called John the Baptizer the greatest man ever born of a woman. And his constant message was to "REPENT NOW". Jesus came to call the sinners to repentance. "

"I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Luke 5:32

Now, the fact of the matter is we ALL are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God.

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23

The homosexual needs to repent and receive Christ as their Savior just as much as the thief, the murderer, the adulteress, and the covetous. Calling sinners to repentance IS the message of Christ, John the Baptizer, and the apostles. You have Christ's message of love down pat, but that's not His entire message! His message is also a call to repent of all our sins by the power of His Holy Spirit. To not call sinners to repent is a disservice to Christ's reason for coming to Earth. (Luke 5:32)

There is a reason the prophets of God spent a majority of their lives in jail or were murdered by the people and I'll give you a hint, it wasn't because they were tickling everyone's ears and patting the sinners on the back. The message of the cross is OFFENSIVE to a world that is perishing. Christ said His sheep will be "hated" by the world for His testimony. If the unrepentant lost world is giving you kudos for your message that should bother you! You cannot cherry-pick Christ's words and teachings and just tell the hippy quotes/teachings of Jesus without at the same time telling the world that they need to repent and turn to Him for their salvation.

"Love" certainly isn't condoning everyone in their sins, or to say that things the Word of God calls a sin not one. It says in the time of the end people will call evil good and good evil. True love is speaking the truth in love, not to condemn people, for we all are sinners, but to call the sinners to repent and seek forgiveness from Christ Jesus.

Yes, homosexuality is a sin, but so is theft, And murder. And covetousness. And adultery, et cetra, et cetra, et cetra. the end point is to get all men to repent of all their sins and to wash themselves in the blood of the Lamb of God.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Sorry IAM, but it would actually be hatred to not share God's commands with people on the broad way to Hell. Christ did the same, in fact He came to redeem everyone on that broad way with His death and resurrection in our place. But not all will repent and accept His sacrifice. And any person who claims Christ yet is rebellious and refuses to repent demonstrates their unrepentant spirit.

Indeed, one is unrepentant if they do not obey the commandment to love one another. That is the ONLY commandment of God. Love one another. It is that simple. Not judge this one worthy or that one worthy, but simply love one another.

If we simply did that one commandment genuinely, all other problems in the world would vanish.

Would a thief have anything to steal if you loved him enough to simply give what he needed?
Would a murderer take a life if he did not have to for his own survival?
Would an adulterer commit adultery if they were being fulfilled by their partner?
Would there even be marriage if we loved all equally?
Would you disrespect your parents if they showed love and you loved them in return?
Would you bother to lie if we did not shame the truth but loved without judgement?

You do not understand what Christ saw, why he said what he said, or how to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

I am there, if you do not want to come in, stay outside as long as you like.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Look at you, your getting the truth shown to you from two different people and yet you still deny, you still insist that you are right. You are in total denial of what the real Word of God is, and the last poster said it so good, your taking the hippy view, and getting it all wrong. Love is God but like the last poster said there's more to it than that. Christ and the sacrifice that He made.

If you leave out the most important part than your just spreading a lukewarm version. You don't even understand what the Holy Spirit is, your version is not Christianity, what your spreading is new age religion and it will be burned up in the fire of judgment.

Until you realize your error, it is totally, completely in vain to even have this discussion with you.
I will never again reply to any of your foolishness. I may not leave from here, but don't even try to get an answer from me, I will simply ignore you.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

reply to post by hawaii50th

Actually i would probably agree with him before most on this site...

That's your prerogative, if you want the watered down version.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Indeed, one is unrepentant if they do not obey the commandment to love one another.

Sometimes "love" means speaking the truth even if it's not what a person wants to hear. It's love to tell the alcoholic that they are destroying their liver. it's "love" to tell the drug addict that they most likely will die prematurely. It's "love" to tell the unrepentant sinner that they need to turn from their rebellion to God's Word and seek Christ for salvation.

It most certainly isn't "love" to compromise with a world that is on the highway to Hell. Do you deny that Jesus came to call sinners to repentance?

That is the ONLY commandment of God. Love one another.

That's a lie. God game more than one commandment. Jesus Christ said man shall NOT live by bread alone but by "EVERY WORD that proceedeth from the mouth of God".

It is that simple. Not judge this one worthy or that one worthy, but simply love one another.

NEWSFLASH!!!!! NONE of us are "worthy" for God's grace. It's unmerited favor that we do not deserve. Why would I judge one worthy and another not worthy? None of us is worthy to inherit eternal life upon our own merits.

If we simply did that one commandment genuinely, all other problems in the world would vanish.

I agree, but you and I have a different understanding of "love". Sometimes it IS love to speak the truth even if no one wants to hear it.

You do not understand what Christ saw, why he said what he said, or how to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

I am there, if you do not want to come in, stay outside as long as you like.

You're not in the Kingdom of Heaven, you're sitting at your computer arguing with me.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Bad day er what?

I have a way of eventually getting a person to show his true colors. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this guy is watering down the faith. When so many agree with his rhetoric, something just doesn't sit right. And I don't fall for any of his sweet mutterings its nothing but fluff.

All in your own mind.

Its more like you turn a blind ear - - then talk over the other poster.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."

1 Corinthians 1:18

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Look at you, your getting the truth shown to you from two different people and yet you still deny, you still insist that you are right. You are in total denial of what the real Word of God is, and the last poster said it so good, your taking the hippy view, and getting it all wrong. Love is God but like the last poster said there's more to it than that. Christ and the sacrifice that He made.

On this issue you could line up 6 billion people all of which say I am wrong, and I will stay say I am right. Believe what you want is right and wrong, I will trust the master within me. Just remember, how you judge is how you WILL be judged.

If you leave out the most important part than your just spreading a lukewarm version. You don't even understand what the Holy Spirit is, your version is not Christianity, what your spreading is new age religion and it will be burned up in the fire of judgment.

The most important part is not that the Pharisees killed Christ, nor is it his resurrection. The important part is his way, his truth, and his LIFE.

It is YOU who do not understand the Holy Spirit. As for Judgement, I will be judged as I have judged.

Until you realize your error, it is totally, completely in vain to even have this discussion with you.
I will never again reply to any of your foolishness. I may not leave from here, but don't even try to get an answer from me, I will simply ignore you.

I do not learn of error from men nor books. I trust that which is within me and which I am within.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by IAMIAM

Bad day er what?

All in your own mind.

Its more like you turn a blind ear - - then talk over the other poster.

Whatever turns your crank, and whatever you want to believe. Stay in your deluded world if it makes you happy.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Sometimes "love" means speaking the truth even if it's not what a person wants to hear. It's love to tell the alcoholic that they are destroying their liver. it's "love" to tell the drug addict that they most likely will die prematurely. It's "love" to tell the unrepentant sinner that they need to turn from their rebellion to God's Word and seek Christ for salvation.

That is what I am doing and still you do not listen. See how fruitless it is? Sometimes, you just have to love the wilfully deaf.

It most certainly isn't "love" to compromise with a world that is on the highway to Hell. Do you deny that Jesus came to call sinners to repentance?

You don't see me compromising. Again, Christs commandment was to Love one another. Yes he was calling sinners to repentance. He called those who the Pharisees rejected and ostracised and made them whole. How? He loved those others judged unworthy.

That's a lie. God game more than one commandment. Jesus Christ said man shall NOT live by bread alone but by "EVERY WORD that proceedeth from the mouth of God".

Where is God's mouth? It isn't the Bible. You certainly did not see Christ on the Sermon on the Mount with a KJV1611.

NEWSFLASH!!!!! NONE of us are "worthy" for God's grace. It's unmerited favor that we do not deserve. Why would I judge one worthy and another not worthy? None of us is worthy to inherit eternal life upon our own merits.

If you were not worthy of God's grace he would not have given you life. Can you not see how illogical your arguments are? It does not even make sense in any way shape or form. What man decieved you with these thoughts? God judged all worthy in the beginning. He paused at each step and said "It is good". When he saw an error he fixed it right there on the spot. He saw MAN was alone and that was NOT good, so he created Eve, and it was VERY GOOD.

Man then took the fruit of the knowledge of Good and Evil and started trying to judge everything. That is where Sin comes from. We made it up. It is not in our ability to handle such knowledge. We are not the judge! There is no Sin. If something is Sinful, God will handle it. Our only expectation is to love one another. That is it.

You're not in the Kingdom of Heaven, you're sitting at your computer arguing with me.

I am not arguing with you. I am showing the world the holes in your argument in hopes that more will see the light and walk away from the darkness you and those like you try to draw others into. It is not for your benefit that I have this discussion, it is for those who are able to see and hear the truth.

As to the kingdom of Heaven, where is it?
edit on 1-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It is in vain to talk to the proud, the haughty, the stubborn fool, and the unbeliever. It is time to kick the dust from your shoe, and leave from that place.

Proverbs 16:22 (Amplified Bible)
22 Understanding is a wellspring of life to those who have it, but to give instruction to fools is folly.

Proverbs 18:7 (Amplified Bible)
7 [self-confident] fool's mouth is his ruin, and his lips are a snare to himself.

edit on 1-4-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Why do you HATE homosexuals.

...it would actually be hatred to not share God's commands with people on the broad way to Hell...The homosexual needs to repent and receive Christ as their Savior just as much as the thief..

Um, what exactly is the homosexual's sin?

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join