It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are you americans so silent ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

This is just my opinion, but I believe that violent protest takes one in the opposite direction. Plus, We have to believe that our leaders will eventually do the right thing and/or we need to elect a leader to do the right thing. Half of the news that comes to us not entirely the full story. Not that they lie, we just aren't presented with all the facts. I do believe if something isn't done soon, planet wide, none of us will make it. We need to forge ahead together as a world, not just nations. I would love to explore space someday, and that dream is being shattered by lies and deceit and keeping advanced technology secret that would inevitably save this whole planet.

I do speak my part though, and I am not silent.

edit on 25-2-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
We are far from silent, but we are reserved. We see the world loose control in the streets and the chaos that is caused by uncontrold rage, and we don't want that here. We also have a political system that allows us to have a "revolution" every 4 years. This keeps us calmer than people in many countries who are controled by dictators or royal families. It is the reason why so many in the world still deisre to live here...because of our freedom.

It isnt that we are silent or inactive, what you are seeing is our reserve....our patience....our self control.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Didn't read the comments so not sure if someone mentioned this. We do protest and march, last year we marched on our nations capitol and the news didn't even cover it. There were over a hundred thousand people and the general population has already forgotten about it. Its so easy to forget with distractions like alcohol, football, reality tv, etc. Plus we have a government that loves to pander to the most worthless people in our society at the expense of the hardest working.

Im so sick of seeing my hard earned cash going to stupid government projects that go no where. We have a failing school system run by the government, an economy they have no idea how to fix except throw money(our money)at the issue hoping that will fix it, now we have government run healthcare... Its not the United States of America anymore its the Nanny States of america, where the most worthless peice of pond scum can make it big all you have to do is take big brother by the hand and let them lead you through life. Hopefully that hand leads all you morons to the closest fema camp... For your protection of course...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If I choose to speak out against my goverment, they will consider me an enemy combatant. They will spend the money I pay them in taxes to investigate me and my friends and buisness connections.They the goverment will spend a great deal of my tax money trying to see if i'm conspiring to blow something up. you can see where i'm going with this by now?

I as one person can't go out and change the status quo it will take many americans waking up, and the quality of their lives being effected to rally a move to stop it. Even then we will be labeled "anti-american" and dangerous.They would not hesitate to use the same US army many of us pay to keep active, To kill us or detain us if we get to excited.

So bottom line for anyone asking us to wake up is..We are asleep at the wheel until we see a mass of angry americans marching together as one unit for change. sadly we are afraid to rock the boat and so many people don't want to risk loosing the wheel they're asleep at in the process.

My personal opinion and 2 copper for you.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
1. Americans are not Tunisans, Thais, Egyptians, and lately almost every state in the ME, in the sense that the political governance is still based, or believed to be upheld, on the sacred Constitution of 200+ years. It's bills of rights had not been trampled upon, at least not yet, and thus there is no impetus to challenge the status quo.

2. Despite the poverty in US, it only means choosing to eat at Mcdonalds instead of fancy restaurants, unlike other foriegn nations that have to choose between hunger or a steaming bun from the stalls. Thus, Americans still have it good.

3. Even though many are out of jobs, there still are jobs aplenty, if they are willing to take it to compete with the wetbacks unlike other nations where even a roadsweeper may be holding in degree in Economics. Furthermore, US has a welfare programme unlike any other, that keeps one alive while in the hunt for better jobs. And americans are one of the most entreprenuerial spirited around. Starvation is but a word only in the dictionary, not in the streets except for those who want to sleep in the streets.

4. It's military might is second to none, but are still loyal americans, to their families, relatives and friends. However, when HSA, TSA and the Patriot act were enacted, many knew it was the Nazification of USA and the repudiation of the sacred Constitution, and yet many did not take to the streets, because they still had a good life.

Today, as growing concerns over the absolute power of such agencies, there were rumbles, but none is prepared to challenge the status quo yet, for none is prepared to give up the good life in USA in exchange for gitmo bay. They also believe not many will do so, and thus will make no difference to sacrificing their lives.

And thus, the 1984 Orwellian terms of Nazification won, simply because americans had not enough faith in each other to make a stand. Somehow, somewhere, that bond was lost, either by greed or inbred self centredness....

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Because we are lazy and fat, hypertensive and diabetic and as long as we get our SS, disability, pension, retirements and welfare checks in time is not reason to bite the hand that feeds our governemtn hand outs.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
For a few pieces of silver was an innocent being betrayed to be heap upon false trials with false testimonials and hung on the cross.

A being whom if had been allowed to live longer, would have spared us the confusion of his simple doctrines mutilated by a corrupt few for centuries, and help us attain our enlightenment earlier.

For a few miserable pieces of silver.....

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Tired from work? Fat and....somewhat happy? Who knows.

But you look at the younger folk that protested the Republican convention in Minneapolis and they got treated like absolute crap. Sitting in an open area, and the police sneak up and surround the whole area, and arrest everyone inside. It's not worth it seems, and afterwards there is no justice, not on the news or anything.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

how do you say that ?

how do you proof that ?

are you one of people that live in illusion.

I was searching about the haarp and I fund this site as a useful source.

you want to be smart but you don't know how.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

i have already said my point of view in 4th page . plz go back and see it for yourself.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I think you must have replied to the wrong post. Maybe?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I know what you are saying. I have friends in Iran and many in the US who support the call for freedom there.

Unfortunately, the Western Globalist freaks who organized the current overthrows of governments (chaos), did not intend to include Iran's people. The object of this game is to spread the rule of brutal Muslim regimes like you suffer under. You are right where they want you to be and they call it "progress."

But know, a lot of Americans are resisting this replacement of oppression with oppression. A lot of Americans don't understand what the oppressive goal is of all this chaos is.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

so you say we are wolves treated to be wolves . and we look around we say ' I see wolves '.
may be that is true. but how about this :

I don't want to be a wolf . trying to hunt down sheep . push their throat to suffocate to die .

I mean it and I am serious.
In Iran where I am born there are always easy ways to get money and make a family and get what you want.
I don't and I didn't choose the easy way.I tried to study and work hard to get what I want. and I don't what more than I deserve.I try and work to be as much independent as I can.I don't count on the oil of my own country because I think it makes me grow lazy.I ride a bicycle to get to every where. I am most of the time laughed at.

this was about me. and about my country . may be we are dependent to America or other advanced countries but there are some of us who work hard and try to make Iran independent.we try to get access to nuclear energy and we work for it. but USG says : ' you don't have this right '.this is just about Iran.USG is taking over Middle East countries . taking their sources and killing the people.there are problems in Iran but it's not about attacking other countries. there has been war in Iran but Iran was Invaded by Iraq. my government is not talking about peace but taking war to other countries.we iranian are seeking justice based freedom as our fathers did.
( but be aware it should not be like this : more powerful = more freedom)

I just know that some of you are proud of this America(may be because your fathers have been proud of)
and some of you don't like it that way.

which group do you fit in ??
edit on 25/2/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

I got it. for many of you it doesn't matter where exactly your government attacks (which you help them by paying taxes)

the only thing that matters is ' Am I satisfied my self or not ? '. there is love but it is this way ' I love myself '

am I true?

may be you think you Americans have some thing very special that other nations don't have.

may be you say : I don't believe it . but I say it's not about what you say it's about what you do.

thank you

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

I understand you have the right to choose and make revolution like :

which country do you want the USG to attack next year ?

1.Iran
2.Turkey
3.Iraq
4.Venezuela

how do you control this madness ??

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I just think that you are the people who can stop this madness. I am not incouraging you to protest and to be killed.
because when you are killed I suffer. I am Just saying ' why it is not talked about ? ' why ' war in iraq ' is not talked about ? is this right to take out their sources?

I believe you should feel this responsible for this.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You misunderstand what I mean is you've got the wrong guy I never posted anything about wolves or anything of the like you have the wrong guy lol

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Brother.......You make good points and I respect you for having the courage to come here and make them knowing the odds against you here. I am sure Americans are disappointing many countries right now.

I love this country not because I was born here or live here but because of what we stand for........FREEDOM!

Now in the worlds darkest hours other countries look to America for hope, vision and perhaps advice. In my last post here I told you why Americans are acting this way, and yes it is unfortunate and I am just as guilty as the rest of them.

I believe in this country and what it stands for. I love its people however misguided. Despite our afflictions I believe we will awaken to our destiny and take the lead once more in leading the world towards a better tomorrow that will heal the wounds of war between us.

Things will probably get worse before they get better, but have faith brother in the future because it is promised by God (or as you call him in that side of the world Allah
)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Everytime I open my mouth the stupid idiotic SHEEP cannot get it! They call me liberal, commie, or just out right try to shut me up!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Because so long as you keep feeding the "official line" to the American people through the MSM", they will not question it.

However, many more people are starting to wake up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join