It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are you americans so silent ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have always wondered despite of all freedom you have.( more than our nation)

and lots of acts that your government been caught in with pants down.

why the american people do not go into any protest ??

a will appreciate your precious opinions.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I have always wondered despite of all freedom you have.( more than our nation)

and lots of acts that your government been caught in with pants down.

why the american people do not go into any protest ??

a will appreciate your precious opinions.

The american people arent silent, but the media sure does a good job of painting them that way.

Best example-I went to a protest a few years back. There were at least 5000 people at the protest. Local media reported it as 250 people.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Because currently the USG has such a strangle hold on its citizens, it would take organization across the US to orchestrate anything that would be exemplary.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

And now with things like an internet kill switch in place, and that recent signing with Canada allowing eachothers nations to share armies in civil disputes makes that much harder

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I know wiki isn't the greatest source, but I suggest you take a look at this: en.wikipedia.org...
rotests_in_the_United_States

+11 more 
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Most Americans are completely brainwashed by TV, and they think everything is fine half the time. When Repubs are in power the dems are mad, and vice versa.

This way only half the country can be mad at one time, and the half that isn't mad helps TPTB to quiet the ones who are.

There is a small minority of people who see through the BS, but I'll tell you they are hard to find.

link   

Most are all talk, with no balls and are scared of being shot in t he street and herded in by military forces like sheep. As long as it does not disrupt their golf or tanning sessions they really don't care.
Most believe that only turmoil happens in predominately Muslim countries.
The time has approached for the comfortable mass to feel inconvenience for once in their life. Give it time. They remain silent now, but soon all the world will hear will be screams, momentarily, then finally the silence of peace. Fortunately/Unfortunately the oppressed are finally waking up.
This is the opinion of born and raised Texan

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I couldn't have said it better. 3/4 of Americans are asleep and think that everything will take care of itself. Hard time ahead might wake them up. I hope.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

Exactly! Basically what I see when it comes to the Canada agreement, is both the Canadian citizens and the US citizens now under one rule...sounds familiar doesn't it? By both Powers sharing armies, one would have to be naive not to think they arent going to " share ' intelligence, ....intelligence on foreign powers, the actual citizenry of those respective countries.....NWO in motion perhaps?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well good question. The truth is Monsanto put a anti protest drug in the American food supply. I hope that helps answer your question.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I couldn't have said it better. 3/4 of Americans are asleep and think that everything will take care of itself. Hard time ahead might wake them up. I hope.

Not silent, just oppressed~ Look around, there are protests daily in the US, the problem is ...no one listens

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If the rest of Americans are anything like me it takes us a
looooooong time to actually wake up....both literally and figuratively!
But I already know there's too few Americans like those of us
here at ATS...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

One word:

COMPLACENCY

I actually had a discussion with my co-workers about this the other day. The general consensus was that americans are just to darn happy with what pop culture and what the mainstream has fed them. Sadly though, most of my co-workers admitted that they themselves are part of the majority when it comes to standing up for whats right, the majority that is to comfortable sitting down.

I wonder how many more liberties and freesoms have to be taken away for us to finally stand up?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think the biggest problem is the lack of real information, in which to make a decisive act upon? With all the MSM outlets feeding us BS on a 24 hour basis.....

Not to mention, its only a matter of time, before something has got to give.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

we protest as a nation, as a people, in our communities, in our states, in our own way.. we vote changes, we can petition our leaders for change, but we as a people protest MORE affectively with out pocket books..

we don't need to get all violent ,,AS a rule,,, but as times change, and they are changing these days,,
mass people might need to walk up to our gov buildings and demand changes...

but i do not believe that our police, would do what some other countries police do.. unless our people started doing what other countries people feel, they need to do..

Deadly force is NEVER a term i wish on any people.....
have people forgotten Gandhi? or in America "sit-in's"

O.P.-- i wonder what you think we do when we get upset???

what do you think we need to do to show more passion about our beliefs ????

link   
Honestly, going out in a mass of people and marching back and forth seems ridiculous to me. It doesn't change anything. Those 'peaceful' protests didn't do anything in the middle east either, it wasn't till blood hit the ground that people around the world started calling on Mubarak to step down and most likely he would have stayed anyway if he'd had the choice - its violence in Libya as well. The US has a lot of peaceful means of changing leadership - the real war is for people to wake up and realize we're in deep trouble. It truly is the frog in water myth played out in reality. If you were born in 1990 you don't know what it was like in 1970, and if you were born in 1970 you don't know what it was like in 1950 and so on. Each generation is more controlled, less free, and more apt to collapse when the economy comes down (which is only a matter of time now). That said, running through the street and chanting won't change it. They are masters at controlling content and perception.

link   

how do you say half of the country ?

because you repeated this in your sentences.

are you telling me that they are being schismatized by the USG ?

thank you

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
We're not "French" you know..we're Americans...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
but i do not believe that our police, would do what some other countries police do.. unless our people started doing what other countries people feel, they need to do..

Some won't and some will but if one officer in a line of a hundred opens the fire the rest will too. It only takes one.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Would you want to live in a world where everyone knew everything about everyone?

And in case you’re wondering, that’s not where we’re headed. Instead, we’re blindly marching towards a dark future where the government knows everything about you but you know nothing about the government.

Remember the media’s hysterical outcry when Obama’s passport details were illegally accessed during the Democratic primaries in 2008? The fact that the privacy of regular citizens is routinely subjected to much more serious abuse was conveniently ignored. The “Patriot” Act, which was supposed to fight terrorism, allows the government to snoop on average citizens, obtain nationwide search warrants without local judicial oversight, monitor private Internet usage (that includes our emails and surfing habits), search our homes and offices without our knowledge, and force libraries and bookstores to turn over our reading records.

There is no financial privacy left in this country.
Banks have become a one stop shop for overzealous government snoops and other privacy violators, and we’ve been working overtime to impose our paranoid “Know Your Customer” standards on the rest of the world.

Medical privacy has deteriorated in a similar manner.
Our medical records are being transcribed in India and insurance companies and other entities have the right to access our medical history any time they choose.

These being examples of what we are facing, over the top politicians, we aren't facing just one evil dictator, but several heads of the dragon~

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join