It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are you americans so silent ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by hawaii50th

Your funny, ever watch a European football game or South American...? They know every football (soccer) players name and stats but cant remember what their wife's brithday is...

Horrible example you used agains the US...international soccer fans are as much or more sheaple than Americans...

I did mention "other places in the world" and as for European or South American football, no I never have cause I don't find it amusing, I'm not a sheeple.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A lot of people are starting to come around, but only just. Unrest is growing, and people are starting to speak out and take actions. Civil unrest is definitely brewing, and those in power are trying to snuff it out. It might work for a while, but eventually people will run out of tolerance. News is spreading, and people are turning to the internet for the truth. With power grabs by the federal government and corporate powers escalating, its only a matter of time.

Why do you think TPTB are suddenly trying so hard to censor and control the internet?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I have always wondered despite of all freedom you have.( more than our nation)

and lots of acts that your government been caught in with pants down.

why the american people do not go into any protest ??

a will appreciate your precious opinions.

The reason these orchestrated revolts are possible is because these people live under extremely oppressive regimes.

The reason the majority of American people are silent, is in part the same reason that they are not revolting here.

Social programs are the only thing that stands between the American people and the government. Entitlements... Life sustaining checks etc... We are free, but we are also slaves. Under a government that is spending this nation into collapse...

If the government does go ahead with deep cuts in these programs, combined with the actual unemployed numbers and the bad economy... Things could change... Maybe by their own doing they will be their own undoing?

If enough people are starving, out of work, can't find work, and the government isn't there to help them anymore... Well you should be able to see how that can play out.

Americans don't know what suffering is like, at least not what it is like in many of the countries where there are currently protests etc. Change that and maybe they will care, maybe enough will gather and protest here that it will grow into something more.

Until then, they are all watching American Idol, sending text messages etc... And just don't care.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The sad truth is, we don't have more freedom in our country than you do in yours. Such a notion is only a false perception that feeds your own self imprisonment. While we may have a little more authority over our own actions, we lack the necessary awareness to exercise that authority.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

With that being said, the people of this planet are only as free as they are willing to be, irrespective of which flag the pledge allegiance too. Remember, it takes the people or public to enforce and carry out oppressive or unjust measures. We can not be enslaved without our own cooperation. The "evil-doers", elite and self-appointed leaders of the world, completely rely on the cooperation and submission of their respective subjects. For instance, if "they" enact a law or policy, it takes the people (public) to both enforce and abide by that law or policy. Without us to carry out their orders, those orders would be absolutely meaningless.

The key to this is education and awareness. To deny ignorance and beat the indoctrination to see reality for what it is.

--airspoon

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I only read a couple of pages, so I hope this hasn't been repeated too many times. We don't have large protests involving huge segments of the population because we have it relatively easy compared with most nations. Most people in this country can afford to buy some Hamburger Helper, cheap ground beef, a 6 pack of beer, and cable TV. Our homes are warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. I can go outside and scream racial slurs about President Obama, and aside from maybe getting my butt kicked by a private citizen and as long as I don't threaten him with bodily harm, I won't get my door kicked in and made to dissappear or my famlily being punished for it.

We stand around the water cooler and bitch to our coworkers. We read the paper and grumble. But the dems and the repubs create divisive issues that keep 40% of us fighting with another 40%. You have another 15% that don't care or think they are electing people smarter than they are. Then you have the remaining 5% that see that both parties are the same coin and the great majority of politicians are bought and paid for.

When there is no work to be had, everything but upper management pays minimum wage, the majority of people can't feed themselves, and we're burning newspapers for heat in the winter because we can't afford heating oil, power, or gas. That is when we may see revolts. Yes, this country has moved away from the founders intent and we have some major issues, but we do have it much better than alot of people out there.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Maybe most of us have jobs and are content.

There was no stoneing to death a woman at the local park today....,,and the bill that they wanted no women driveing didnt pass in the senate...

The protest we need is to cut back on foreign aid and pull out....

As for precious opinions,,,thats a little assinine......You can 360 this to any country,,and your precious country,,,

What do you want to see?,,,people rioting here burning cars and destroying things,,,

I am not going out to burn a car up or throw a brick at windows....

You must love soccer riots????

All those countries who hate us ,,there citizens cant get here fast enuff to become citizens!!!
Explain that!!!!

Ive seen replies here such as THIS,, at first during the Haiti earth quake there were those that bitched we give more to isreal yearly or to other countries,,,yada yada yada,,,
We gave 10 fold if not more than your country!
Lot of good caring people here...

your country should give us a break and allow the massive immigrants to go there more,,,,????

They cant flock/flee to the west fast enuff,,,,,,

The protest here will be about cutting aid 99% and pulling out,,,,

Im for that!!!!!

why dont you add some more retards to the equation as well????((Its just the US is a joke)

they are screwed as well,,,,their goverments are 10 fold more retarded than us,,,,

We do not know whats going on there and as for democracy?????,,,No such thing in the parliments of their goverments,,,,

I see no change yet,,,,a riot muslim change of power is NOT FREEDOM!!!

Why dont you tell this to China,Iran,Russia,,,,????

im for pulling out,,,,no more aid,,,,threy threaten nukes and terrorist attacts take'em out,,,,HARD!!!!

All countries have problems big time,,,so no offense,,,on my opinion....

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

It is simple. It is because we wake up to name brand coffee, have our 40 hours of work to purchase the next gizmo(s), and have our opium at night, TV. We are lost brother. The giants toe must be stepped on first. We, "The People," must have our core shook. Until then, we will idle away as the world at large makes progress.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So subtle quietly working in a way that most would not detect, all the while gradually taking over and controlling their minds.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Simple....the media does it's "real" job very well...turning the people against themselves. Red against blue, black against white, this belief against that religion, against those choices and so on. We are a true sepratist nation. United we stand. Divided...well...this.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Well, firstly, we americans have been conditioned to use violence as a last resort. No one wants to be 'the one' to go out and start the ball rolling. 2ndly, we have been conditioned to expect a political solution, i.e. 'they will fix it in congress sometime', that is what a voting style of government is for. Too bad it isn't working that way, sorry. 3rd, maybe we realize that if we as a nation, as a government were to quit subsidizing so many ungrateful little countries, and keep that money for ourselves, we could temporarily fix our own problems. That ain't gonna happen either, so it would seem. So, if you wonder why we don't hit the streets with the same passion as you my foreign brudder, these are a FEW of the reasons that I could think of while I was in the bathroom...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

reply to post by jessejamesxx

I appreciate your marks . I am not asking for revolution. and I am not trying to make a deception.

you got me wrong. I am just getting information about how american people mostly think.I think every one in this site who has read some issues and participated in discussions knows how to express his/her opinion.

you are just trying to play like you are very smart. but what I am doing is discussion and getting info.

so please tell me that there is difference between revolution and protest and awareness.

they I say ' you smart .. '

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I was giving you my opinion on how I view most people, except for people like on this site.. because let's face it, the average American could care less for conspiracies, or anything political, in general.

On second thought, did you direct that response to the right person?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I have let this question period go by now and I think I have had enough time to now ask you these questions.
You have got me very curious to your motives?
What is your motive and what kind of information are you trying to collect here?
So tell me, why are you so curious to know why Americans do not protest like your fellow Muslims?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

Imagine another parallel world - one where you actually have some brains - and then imagine that NOTHING gets done without capital.

Your nation is much older than the US.

All nations in Europe are much older than the US.

And yes, big projects take capital. From places where you have an accumulation of capital. As in the US. Where is YOUR capital?

You're older as a nation, you've had opportunities to accumulate capital - much longer than we've been in existence! So where's your capital?

Could it be that your economic system and lifestyles are inefficient and wasteful?

So because the US has accumulated lots of capital, enabling the financing of many world wide projects - you've got a weed growing out of your butt?

Burns me up. We have in this nation some financial parasites that can do nothing but bitch and moan about how unfair life is.

Meanwhile, they didn't study in school, nights and weekends hanging around selling drugs or breaking and entering, got a few girls pregnant, can't read well, can't write well, and as a second or third generation welfare leech, whine and bitch about why their opportunities are so few! ?????

I believe after WWII, it was the US Marshall Plan that rebuilt Europe. Know where those dollars came from? Americans who were frugal and saved their money!

So you can hate us all you want.

Your condition is your own damned fault.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Yup spoken like a true tea party member

I am a Libertarian.

I would rather both sides jump into the river.

I just so happen to think the Democrats are the bigger evil.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Have you checked out our media lately? Most of us are ignorant because the news is edited, dont believe everything you see on tv. Very few Americans are aware of whats really going on around us.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I think most of us Americans support the freedom of the various peoples currently uprising against dictators but we worry about what may come next, specifically countries becoming Islamic states supporting sharia, which most of us abhor, in the form of mistreatment of women, the inability for freedom of speech and press, theocracy, lack of good music (Long Live Rock and Roll), education becoming religious brainwashing, and so on. We don't want future enemies and interference in the revolutions can cause that. Look at our support of the White Russians during their revolution. We have a history of supporting stability over democracy at times, if you really examine our foreign relationships. Maybe a case of Better the Devil You Know? Personally, I support your efforts but considering there are about 25,000 people in my county, and according to the 2000 census, about 5 people per square mile, this leaves organized protests limited in nature

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Because as messed up as our gov can be we realize it could be a whole lot worse. In general Americans are a very diverse group and you can't point to one thing or another as a cause for the way we are. For every American who calls an act unpatriotic, there is another American who say it is and another who considers the other two clueless.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

We are often portrayed as free, but we aren't (as much as it seems)

Plus, the media and govt likes to keep those people quiet, like Ray McGovern

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You raise a good question and one I have been unable to figure out myself. I am a product of the sixties when people in this country did protest. There were alot of them too. Now, I know all those people have not just disappeared but where are they? These are the things that I see but, I don't think you can really point to one main cause. The majority of Americans have no interest in getting involved with politics. In fact, a rather large group does not care or want to hear about what the issues or legislation is. Just so long as they are left alone and the enacted laws happen to someone else, they are happy. Their own little world of work,kids.school and church are all they see. These people unfortunately do vote. They will not have a clue what the issues are.They watch the political commercials and decide from those wich side they are on.

Then you have the people who will vote party lines. We have more than 2 parties in this country but you have more of a chance of knowing that than people here. The other canidates have been really good sometimes but party line voters will vote for the most treasonous bastards around just because that person is the canidate from their favorite democrate or republician party. These 2 groups would not dream of "rocking the boat" and, in the case of party line voters, even if they do not agree with the legislation they would never speak out against their party.

Then you have the group that would be the young voters if they cared or even registered to vote. This group would never take time out of their schedule to even find out who is running. I take that back we had a vote this week in our city to be allowed to sell liquor on sunday. Never has any alcohol been sold on sundays. We have a large university in our town. this issue did bring out the young voters. Record new voter registration and pole turnout. We now will have sunday liquor sales. For many that was the only time they may ever vote.

We have many watch groups and sometimes I think that if we would all band together we could get something done. There are protest but most have maybe 2-300 people at most. The mainstream media in America has been censored for years now. There are protest with thousands but you will not hear about it. In fact you have a much better chance of knowing what is going on here than we do. The majority of Americans get their news from zionist controlled radio, newspaper and T.V. Those are the only sources. As most would not think to look something up for themselves. What \ever those news sources tell them is what they belive. Like written in stone. Protest what? They have been told everything is all good and the bad guys deserve.

Another kind of problem is people are afraid. The people who would be protesting know there is a very good chance they will be put in jail or shot. Our government is not free anymore. We are going to be under marshal law any day now. They are just looking for the excuse. Many who are aware know to watch out for the false flag they will use to have the excuse. There are camps all over the U.S. ready to go. I do not think Americans have had to deal with alot of clashes with police in past protests. Now it is certain. this has put alot of people thinking twice.

We do not have the same love and loyalty that were in us several years ago. there is no more pride in America. How can there be?
I hope I did not bore you and that I helped a little in your understanding.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What is your view of America? Did you type your OP while thinking "Why isn't America putting on a show for the world in terms of a revolution"?. We have more freedom because our presidential election system does not allow one to run for more then 10 years. Most of the Middle East has had their "President" in office for 20+ years.

We had the 60's and 70's. Love peace and joy man.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join