It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are you americans so silent ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think we're so silent because there's a liquor store and a fast food resturant on every other corner so for the most part americans are too fat, high, and stupid to care. Maybe the only way for americans to evolve is to starve in sobriety and learn from lots of dying.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

please,...we protest...just not the way or for the reasons you want all the time. We worry about our famlies first...

one can ask the rest of the world the same question...why did it take so long for the Middle East citizens to finally stand up for themselves?

maybe i should start one..."Middle Aged American Willing To Answer Any Questions About Anything" and see what type of silly questions that i would get and answer 100%honestly and openly...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have wondered the same thing.

It's ironic that we are the land of the "free" and fight other people's wars for freedom but yet we are afraid of our government.

Don't get me wrong, my husband has a job because of them, but it amazes me how we are all herded into taking whatever the politicians spew at us.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

we are silent, silent because in addition to the flouride and other chemicals we have pumped into our systems, we also are distracted by pretty lights, gadgets and the carrying ons, of celebrity types we want to be like, but won't get off the couch to work like.

i think the instant the water is pure, the gadgets, fame aspirations and false images disappear, we'll snap out of it as a whole and deliver a hellishly good ass kicking the likes the world has ever seen. seen the movie WALL-E?? america on the whole:

edit on 25-2-2011 by ahmonrarh because: bcuz

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You also have to consider that discussing controversial issues with people is frowned upon. My family is pretty strict regarding the discussion of politics and religion. Their philosophy is that you simply keep that to yourself. As things deteriorate here those social barriers will too. Now you're getting the people coming out from under their rocks and simply have no clue how things work including their own government, so they just regurgitate the media's talking points and call that good citizenship. They feel informed. If the media feels these people are catching on they simply throw some Lohan or Sheen into heavy rotation and people slide towards their rocks again. Each time less and less return to their rocks.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

Haha totally agree.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

No one cares. I certainly don't.

We will destroy the enemy the way we always have. By slowly consuming it, becoming it, and controlling it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Most are silent because they are so brainwashed by television (which has more than enough subliminal messages and mind control techniques put into it than you might think), brainwashed by hollywood, too concerned with who "isn't getting a rose" or "who made the top 12 this week" to give a rip about what is really going on.

Can't forget about the poisons put into our foods to make us complacent, the MSM feeding us pure trash every night that 99% of the populace take as "the real news"...the thing called "music" that isn't even music...

What most people can't wrap their heads around is that this has been a multi-generational process. What happened to America can't happen overnight...MY personal OPINION is that it has been going on coming up on 70 years or so. We are just now seeing a highly refined product where the government can crash bunker busting tomahawks that create a 15 foot wide hole in the pentagon and say it was a 160+ ft wide 757....AND GET AWAY WITH IT

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
There are hundreds of organizations in America that work hard daily to make their voices heard and to peacefully bring about change.
But Americans are under an iron fist rule that has been in existence a long time. Things don't change overnight. Freedoms slowly erode and taxes always go up. The wealthy powerful people in charge have been at the top a very long time. Their families are connected to other wealthy powerful families, and this goes back generation after generation. While the working class struggle to pay rent and buy groceries those in power live in mansions their great-grandfathers built, they buy apartment buildings to profit from and dine on the finest food. Those at the top are much like the Kings of Medieval Europe, where 98% of the population were starving, working poor.
America saw the first-born baby boomers (Post World War II population growth from 1946 to 1964) retire from the workplace just a few years ago. The already large senior citizen population is growing. These people are mostly set in their fashions. They are too tired to revolt in the streets. They already fought in the wars, raised their children and worked their lives away. Many of them hold televised news broadcasts in high regard because TV News use to have some truth and some world events reported. Now the TV news here is mostly local, diluted, slanted and unprofessional. Sadly, the largest voting pool in America is our senior citizens, and they are lied to like the rest of us.
Another large chunk of the population is working adults. People work long hours and receive little vacation time. Most people have very little time to themselves each day. They come home tired and worn-out. They just want to unwind with a little TV, maybe time on the Internet or playing a video game. Many have families, children. Their plates are full. They are so busy in the American rat-race that they are ignorant to the truths in the world.
Keep in mind that most Americans live in a bubble created by those in charge. We go to their schools where we are taught what they want us to know. They choose the curriculum, they choose the textbooks. Americans are fed lies and propaganda all their lives, and not everyone is aware of this. So many are so busy keeping food on the table that they never have time to read about what is going on in the world.
The wealthy rulers own the corporations. In essence we are slaves that don't get whipped. Work at the corporation so you can buy food and shiny things from the corporations. IMHO most adult Americans are so controlled and manipulated that they would have to be removed from their present environment entirely and deprogrammed before you cold even begin to explain the sad truths.
Americans are surrounded by a plethora of distractions in the guise of entertainment. This also helps to control the citizens, to keep them complacent, happy and distracted. Television in most houses, cable or Dish TV service with lots of channels. Professional sports, so many of them, season after season, year after year. Races, tournaments, competitions. Music. Movies. Internet. Video Games. Drugs & alcohol. the list goes on and on.
Then there is a percentage of the population that is not able to contribute to revolution because of youth, disability, or simply not realizing that life exists outside their tiny town.
I also encourage you to look at past USA history. Americans have seen a lot of people get hurt and killed because our Government sent in armed police or armed military to attack peaceful protestors who had no weapons.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Lisa Graas
The 5 Most Dangerous Muslim Brotherhood Front Groups Working to Destroy America from Within
by Lisa Graas
Posted on February 24 2011 6:00 am
www.newsrealblog.com...

Apparently the Muslim Brotherhood has ties to some of the Muslim organizations in the U.S. and they have an agenda.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
because we all want different things to change,we are not oppressed by one part of the government like your people.
Their are multiple oppressive groups in most citys. And in America,by the time you realise your bieng oppressed,it's too late to have a voice you are in jail.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

The Muslim Brotherhood was created by the CIA, they are your own doing and your own undoing. They have nothing to do with most of the populations of Arab nations.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
OK, here's the list:
1. Operation Mockingbird - the CIA successfully took over American media so that the real truth does not get acknowledged broadly enough to be considered real.
2. Dorothy Kilgallen - killed when she claimed she knew who killed Kennedy, since then the media has been running scared.
3. Domestic vs Foreign - the CIA's mandate is that they only are allowed to have operations overseas, so that the America that you see outside the US is quite different from the America we see inside the United States. We don't get the CIA pounding us with operations they way you do, and the evil that they do does not really connect with us. It happens to other people. And we tend to be rather media induced self focused (see number 1).
4. We are an empire. The world pays for our lavish lifestyle, so we don't even mind much when the CIA beats up on foreigners. So what if Mexico is headed toward failed state status, if our gasoline is cheaper. And at some level we realize that real successful protest would end the lavish lifestyle because it would break the CIA and our empire. It's very hard to protest against your own pocketbook. In other words we have been bribed.

edit on 26-2-2011 by GoodManDoingNothing because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
They are generally silent because they live in a country that is truly free but becoming a screwed up as yours is currently. Remember that they are cottonwooled a bit and know very little outside their own borders generally until the last few years and if they break a toe they think their world is crumbling.

They are arrogant but that is not always a bad thing, the are materialistic and when the world falls apart they will crumble out of nothing more than panic because they are so plastic (except those in the mid west who know how to live). I notice that the younger ones are filled with hatred and violence with no reasonabl explanation other than they think that true freedom means morals are definable to each person and change with time. They don't but if you ignore them you decline just like the Romans and Greeks and all others.

They are silent because they live in a country where they elect people to run the country and can elect someone else four years later. They aren't in danger of being whipped or jailed for preaching in the streets like would happen in your country of Iran. They don't meet in the streets and chant 'death to Israel' like Iran. They don't go out into the streets and rejoice when disaster hits Iran like Iranians did when 9/11 happened.

They are silent because it's still a good place to live even though some insultated stupid people think it's bad and haven't even traveled to see what it's like elsewhere, they haven't even driven down through Mexico and seen people begging on the side of the road and being killed by the dozen by drug cartels. These stupid ignorant American youth who feel so hard done by... are the countries real problelm in a few years time.
edit on 26-2-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Maybe unlike some people of other countries maybe we feel our country is ok. Maybe the things that need to be changed can be changed with our Democratic process. I'm sorry if your country is so bad you feel the need for violent protests. Maybe we don't have them because we don't need them yet. Ever thought that could be the reason we have peaceful protests?? Just a question.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jay414

then it is not living to :

1.go to work
2.come back home ' watch tv '
3.go shopping
does it make any sense? it's like we are living machines . there is logic but there is no creativity.

I think the wrong education is taking out our creativity and making us such as just logical machines.

how do you think? why do we act like machines ?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mrjones7885

I don't want you Americans to do some thing big.
I don't want to see you people die. I don't want to tear your country apart but I want you to do something. it is the wrong way your government has chosen : getting taxes - attacking other countries - killing people - taking their resources out to serve the people.
I just want you to wake some one from this dream they live in. it is not ending in peace and good long living. doesn't anybody believe in Judgement day ?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I hope that judgement day comes soon and the wrath of the riotous comes down upon those who have enslaved the world and the American people. I don't have time to complain or protest when I'm being broken in half by student loans and the inability to feed or clothe myself. America is filled with plenty of people with more money than sense, I am one of the Americans they don't talk about. The American who went to college and had their credit ruined by the lenders left unable to finish half way through. Now I'm living on a sofa through the kindness of friends. I have known no warzones or battles but if given the chance I would die on my feet tomorrow. America isn't about action of the many, its about the action of those with power.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

may be that is right. how did you ended Iraq or Afghanistan war ? or just may be you don't beleive it was a wrong thing to do ? because they are some savage beings not human beings? or you think that it was meant to be this way that you live peacefully out of the war and more people get killed in Iraq ? or may be you think you have done some thing favorite for God to put you in that country ?

please let me know if you believe in some thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

you most of your friends are talking about : we have economical comfort .

it is very different from ' freedom '. just read some of previous posts and tell me how much freedom you have.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join