It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are you americans so silent ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Probably! I don't care that much about "today freedom" when USA AND CANADA companies are stealing our resources by bribing the politicians!
Sort of what they said to pakistan if they don't hand out CIA davis criminal under the pretext "he's our diplomat"...
I personally HATE USA, and am sick of your presence ANYWHERE !
YOUR companies mine our gold, silver, oil , almost anything they can get their hands on just so that all you americans can have cheap gas cheap food cheap everything!
I'm VERY SURE we were better off on OUR OWN FEET , under that s.. iron curtain than slaves of imperialist scum leaders and amnezic american citizens that DON'T KNOW NOT EVEN WHEN THEIR COUNTRY "WAS ATTACKED AND BY WHO"!
You are all "SILENT" because you are a bunch of hypocrites , liars , ignorants and generally speaking .... I can't say it , I'll be ban BY YOUR FORUM MODERATORS!
But you get the ideea!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

Hey, genius! Why don't you mine your own damned gold and silver?

Probably same reason that the entire Middle East Oil industry from wells to infrastructure was built by Westerners - heavily British and American - because you either can't or won't.

Large projects take know-how and even more important - capital.

Those who can - do.

And as far as why Americans are silent - some aren't.

The ones that can be relied on are busy cleaning their weapons and stockpiling ammunition.

Just so peaceful cleaning and stockpiling.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
The US is certainly not silent. Heres a list of all the uprisings on record:

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you Whereweheaded...
and another important page...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

A good and obvious example of how people are being robbed is the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Our nations wealth, the money that people pay in taxes, and the resources used to build our military, are being used in the Mid East to rob the people of the Mid East. So, Americans are being robbed to rob the people in that region. Those are wars over resources. And the beneficiaries are not "the American people." It is "multinational corporations and their political puppets in various countries."

The media is used to convince us that we need to intervene to either protect ourselves, or to save others being hurt. It has nothing to do with that. If they told the truth, we would never go to war. What is the truth? We are being used, our nations wealth is being used to fund wars that benefit not the American people, but multinational corporations who have no loyalty to the people here. (although they are in bed with our leaders) Why would we want to go die just to make the rich richer? We wouldnt. Not for what they pay soldiers. And would we kill innocent people and children just to make some few obscenely wealthy? Not if we knew that is why we were doing it. We are not animals. More often than not part of the media campaign to go to war is to "liberate" some suffering people from an evil dictator who is abusing them. Our kindness and humanity is used to trick us into brutality.

So the media is used to lie to us. And it isnt one lie, it is a long drawn out media campaign of lies. We are told the story over and over and over from all channels of media until at least some aspect of it is accepted by most people. And other channels of information are made difficult or dangerous to access. Our country is enormous, so the geography and population distribution makes it easier to do this, we dont live in cities hundreds of years old that were built to foster community. We live in such a way that makes it very easy to become isolated and dependent upon the media to tell you what is happening.

The rest of the world is lied to also, about us. America is held up to be an ideal, of wealth and of prosperity. But if you look at the figures, we have pretty high levels of infant mortality, low quality of life, low educational ranks, low everything. We have areas in the US that looks like any war torn third world country you can imagine, places where the corporations have used up everything they could, dumped as much as they could, and then moved on to greener pastures.

Although I dont want to make it seem as if anything new is going on. It isnt. The only new thing is the use of media to motivate the people. It works wonderfully. But all wars everywhere consist of poor people who have been tricked, coerced or forced by rich people to do what is in the rich peoples best interests. Religion? One of the reasons there has been a long association between religion and politics is because before the media, and television, religion was the surest way to spread your message to the people, and convince them to act in your, (the wealthy) best interest rather than their own.

Its the oldest game in the book. Only the tools for spreading the misinformation is different.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I would also like to add these two somewhat enlightening tidbits that may help with clarity:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. Of course it was originally stated in Japanese, this is the English translation. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

and...

The preacher man says it’s the end of time
And the Mississippi River she’s a goin’ dry

The interest is up and the Stock Markets down
And you only get mugged If you go down town
I live back in the woods, you see
A woman and the kids, and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive
And a country boy can survive .. Country folks can survive

I can plow a field all day long I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn
We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too
Ain’t too many things these ole boys can’t do
We grow good ole tomatoes and homemade wine
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive

Because you can’t starve us out
And you cant makes us run
Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun
And we say grace and we say Ma’am
And if you ain’t into that we don’t give a damn

We came from the West Virginia coalmines
And the Rocky Mountains and the and the western skies
And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line

I had a good friend in New York City
He never called me by my name, just hillbilly
My grandpa taught me how to live off the land
And his taught him to be a businessman

He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights
And I’d send him some homemade wine
But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife
For 43 dollars my friend lost his life

Id love to spit some Beechnut in that dude's eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Cause a country boy can survive

Cause you can’t starve us out and you can’t make us run
Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun
And we say grace and we say Ma’am
And if you ain’t into that we don’t give a damn
We’re from North California and south Alabam'
And little towns all around this land

And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line
Country folks can survive -
Hank Williams, Jr.

Bocephus - Country Boy

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Were to scared of getting lost within the walls of the judicial system here. If they throw us away we'll never see the light of day. Sadly it happens everyday and citizens are too busy worrying about Grays Anatomy and what the football score was. No one would remember us or care what we were rallying for until what, when CNN mentions that U.S. penal system releases us 15 years later if not longer and airs a 15 second clip stating that some protesters were finally released after bla bla years? I am really scared of what is going to happen in the future but if the cause is right I am down for anything. So if anyone here wants to start from good old Indianand march on down to the white house and camp out on the lawn until some things are changed lets go. I'll walk, I'll crawl, I'll swim, I'll fast, I'll fight, I'll cry, I'll do what ever it takes to help implement more freedom for my brothers and help stop the tyrany. SF

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cbaskins

I understand what you say. I appreciate your humanistic states.

but these days things are not simple. how ??

you go rallying and you see your brothers get killed by army. you continue and you don't let doubt in your heart .

assume that you took over the white house. then what ??

the most important thing is you should have a leader you can trust . because you should give him the white house.you have to mind your own business after that. and this is not easily found .a trustable man that you can rely on.

although this thread is just about a question.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Most Americans don't know what is going on unless the televisoin news reports it. They don't report much.

How about you. Why do the people of Iran put up with the problems of your government?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Why would we want to take over the White House? As an American, I am happy with my life. I hold sacred the freedoms that I enjoy. You say that we mind our own business after a leader is elected...that is a misconception, no official enjoys anonymity. They are closely scrutinized by the public and paparazi. Their lives are an open book. My favorite freedom is that I can go up to any politician--any time--and say "You are an idiot and I will campaign for your oponent, when the times comes...and I don' t have to be afraid I will be taken out of my house and shot.
Is the U.S. perfect? No it isn't...not by a long shot but can you name a country that is?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I have always wondered despite of all freedom you have.( more than our nation)

and lots of acts that your government been caught in with pants down.

why the american people do not go into any protest ??

a will appreciate your precious opinions.

Look at a map. Only in the big cities would there be an inclination for mass protest. Out in the countryside where I live, for instance, we would not be noticed by anyone and since we all agree anyway we watch the toob instead.

OK here is the real reason. Americans are spoiled rotten from being told incessantly that America is the dreamland of the entire planet and everyone else wants what we have etc....etc.... If this be true then what is there to protest?

But time times they are 'a changin' as we said in the sixties. You watch and take note when we Americans get off our arses and awaken. Don't forget we have lots of guns over here. Even liberals like me have three of four (it's OK I only do the neighbors' dogs and cats. In the bung so there's no evidence). When we decide to get our ire up we will not be fighting the coppers either because they will be a part of us. We will take the arguments directly to the big shots in their ivory towers. Why waste time? Take the pain reliever to the cause of the pain.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

No wonder Iran is such a craphole...
second line

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I dont find them quiet at all lol, your just one more person trying to ridicule or prove a non existing point, americans arent quiet, your just listening to the wrong news budy boy...

God bless america eheheh

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You are from Iran, no? I'm not hearing your people protesting now, either. Will you? Will we? What do we have to lose and gain. Good questions. Time will tell. Don't count us Americans out just yet, we're rebellious by nature.
edit on 24-2-2011 by queenofsheba because: Add sentence

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

To answer that I need to ask you a question first.

Why don't you have the freedoms we have?

2nd answer
John Lennon
edit on 24-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Third answer

edit on 24-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Have you ever seen videos of Americans protesting, followed by the brigades of police stormtroopers in all the most expensive gear, beating up said protesters, and even shooting them?

That's why.

The people aren't silent, they are oppressed.

In this country, if you try to escalate beyond peaceful protest, you will be KILLED, barring Few exceptions. In my opinion, if a protest erupted into something like we see in Greece, then police in America would go door to door arresting people, confiscating weapons, and shooting people on sight in the streets. Which is exactly what happened during hurricane Katrina.

People like to joke that it's over exaggerated, and some every day people are just fascists, but this is what it's like in America. We do not have freedom. The government and splinter factions throughout the government are absolutely Begging for an excuse to unleash paramilitary into the streets, or to give orders to the police to shoot targets on sight.

You can only protest on the GOVERNMENT'S TERMS. When, where, for how long, and for how many. Follow the rules or be ARRESTED, BEATEN, or even SHOT. Ruffle too many feathers with your protest, and it's OVER.
edit on 24-2-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Probably! I don't care that much about "today freedom" when USA AND CANADA companies are stealing our resources by bribing the politicians!
Sort of what they said to pakistan if they don't hand out CIA davis criminal under the pretext "he's our diplomat"...
I personally HATE USA, and am sick of your presence ANYWHERE !
YOUR companies mine our gold, silver, oil , almost anything they can get their hands on just so that all you americans can have cheap gas cheap food cheap everything!
I'm VERY SURE we were better off on OUR OWN FEET , under that s.. iron curtain than slaves of imperialist scum leaders and amnezic american citizens that DON'T KNOW NOT EVEN WHEN THEIR COUNTRY "WAS ATTACKED AND BY WHO"!
You are all "SILENT" because you are a bunch of hypocrites , liars , ignorants and generally speaking .... I can't say it , I'll be ban BY YOUR FORUM MODERATORS!
But you get the ideea!

This is exactly the reason I won't be leaving my country any time soon. The rest of the world seemingly hates Americans. I'm really sorry, I am. I'm sorrier more for the fact that people just like you hate people just like me. And the funny thing is, we probably aren't all that different. No matter the rest of the world begs for help from America. I'd be more than willing to send a check but I am afraid of your hatred toward me so that check won't be coming.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I've have had countless conversatons with different people from ALL walks of life about our current situation. Most people have NO idea what going on....others that know shake their heads...and say, "wow". Well....I gotta go do.....(whatever it is they have to do) and they don't give it a second thought. Then there are those that seem to be aware, but can't possibly put energy into "thinking" about a solution because they are overwhelmed by the degree of deceit. So they do nothing and say...."what is that you expect me to do?"

And then there is me.....who jumps up down about if so often..and I am totally disgusted with lack of envolvement or the lack of caring by most.....that I'm literally pissed off more often then not. ANd that is sooooooo not me or who I am! So I do what I can to take care of my hsuband, myself and my puppy. And all I can do is ask people to make "INFORMED" decisions. Outside of that I...... feel helpless!

However, I realize that worrying about something that I have no control over is not healthy! So I'm curious....what exactly is it you EXPECT us to do? (And I ask that question sincerely).

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
We seem to agree America needs an enema where do we stick the nozzle? every politician i've ever believed in has pulled some unanticipated crap; My political disgust began with clintonbut really got rabid with chimpy I trusted the guy:here's the "patriot act",like it or lump it. If you are not with us you are wit the terrorists ?

IN MY BEST SCOOBY-DOO:"ERRROOOOOOH?"

IMHO the reason we are not in the streets of d.c ( yet) .
The most effective thing they do is keep us divided and yelling at each other : birther! teabager!"liberal!" "dirty communist!" etc..
pul lthe"fema "plug; remove the state authorities ( they won't; even totalitarian societies hold elections ) and THEN activate the ten regions.
An y complete clampdown with Martial law" will "be temporary,necessary and reasonable"and your neighbors will be encouraged to be good patriots by dropping a dime on anybody with counter"revolutionary" views; I don't trust my fellow citizens to uphold constitutional ideas.

If we were ever to all focus and decide the local block commander and his assigned fire teams are the "enemy" they best sleep in shifts.but they'll play on our uncertainty:

" ANNOUNCEMENT Regional command states:"martial law in this sector will only last for another 4months than will be reevaluated!. Look Marty we're fine! chocolate and coffee rations have been increased every month!and my plants production numbers are catching up with the central quotas! Soon they say we'll go back to 6 day work weeks and only 12 hour shifts.

I say; the Barley soup is double plus good today eh "brother"?

edit on 25-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Good question.

Think of it in terms of magic tricks... seriously. It is illusion, and for the most part - the people are happy and content with a government that lies to them because for the most part the society is still in opperation.

Politicians make promises never kept, and people continue on with their daily lives and forget about the words spoken by these wizards in business suits...

I can not underline the problem for you - but I do think people are becoming more aware daily. Some people are afraid to talk or speak out... some do it to an extreme and hurt their fellow man.

Believe me when I say, that the majority of the people in the USA know our government lies to us, and we know that it is corrupt - the problem with decent is that the weapons used in the Iraq and Afghan wars would most likely be turned on us if we openly rebelled.

I can not come up with any excuses for my countrymen or myself... but what I do know is that we all live under an elitist illusion that will be very hard to escape from.

Also, I have seen many protests against our wars, these happen usually in our summer months so that the protesters do not catch a chill and can remain comfortable under the summer sun.

Peace to you.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Most Americans are silent because they KNOW that our government doesn't have a problem putting a bullet through our heads at the moment they smell trouble. They monitor the internet, they monitor our phones, and their are all kinds of people that just have to make a call if you even mention ANYTHING about the government that they think could start a movement. Plus they keep us pretty subdued here with all the entertainment on TV, Internet and new movies coming out every week. Oh and lets not talk about all the sugar we eat to keep us fat and sassy on our cozy little couches. IT'S EASY!

edit on 25-2-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join