It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breeders, their children and international flights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What you need more of: Ear plugs, ear phones, humility

What you need less of: whinying, crying, ego

Whenever I hear someone call parents "breeders"...I assume they are lonely lonely people that have no chance of ever being able to be close enough to someone to have children. It really makes you sound very very bitter.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This post represents on a microcosm, how the elites feel about us all, they view us as "breeders" or "useless eaters" only here as a hinderance to their comfortable lives. Remember OP, while your still travelling economy and not your own private jet, your with the rest us.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Benevolent Heretic,

As usually you have got to the point.

It's not about children, it's about too many parents who do not have the skills to be parents, and are not prepared to take responsibility for their children. If a parent on a flight is making every effort to quiet their children, and recognises that some of those around them are looking to get some rest, I do not have a problem. It's the breeders who think and action as if the fact they can breed, gives them the right to absolve their responabilities.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jean59

My mother is very proud of me as I have grown up to understand my actions have impact on those around me, and I should act so my actions do not cause inconvenience to others.

And when travelling with my parents growing up, they had the skills to ensure my actions did not prevent others from sleeping around us.

That is freedom. I suggest you take some time to understand that freedom is something everyone is entitled to, so just some breeder.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

NO. I am the product of parents who understood their responabilities and ensured that when we travelled, my actions did not prevent others on a flight from resting

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

We must differentiate though, between unruly kids, who's parents are letting them run wild and the very young who simply don't know any better. It is the latter that I refer to in my replies.

At last, you get the point!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

NO. I am the product of parents who understood their responabilities and ensured that when we travelled, my actions did not prevent others on a flight from resting

No erp you are the product of "breeders".

Can't have it both ways Sparky.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Yes, because having children has to be the natural biproduct of a meaningful relationship
.....although i would agree that a few Valium or ear plugs would sort out your frustrations quite easily. It also seems that you somehow 'expect' this to happen, which can add quite a bit to the frustration...as you are intentionally looking out for it.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What is so selfish about wanted parents to take responability for the actions of their children

Nothing at all. I do sympathise.

As a frequent traveller I can attest to the fact that there are unruly children, whom are not properly looked after on flights, however....this is not the norm in my experiences. Most of the time, the "unruliness" is as others have stated, children who are simply tired or in pain.

I've seen mothers crying, as other passengers complained loudly, or huffed and puffed. The mothers would be doing everything they could to calm the children. I can only imagine how horrible it must be for the parents of these kids.

Then again, I've seen parents get drunk, and sit by oblivious whilst their children caused havoc. This kind of behaviour I simply cannot stand. In those cases, If am truly disturbed, and I can see the behaviour is being ignored by the parents I will ( if I'm close of course) not hesitate to say, politely.."your children are disturbing me, do you mind?"

I remember specifically as a child getting a tablespoon of brandy before long flights, which meant I went to sleep and woke up "there". Not condoning this at all of course, but that's how my parents handled it when I was a toddler, as I got older, misbehaviour was not tolerated.

As for the OP - really, you're coming off as a bit of a jerk.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Last I heard, most commercial flights weren't limited to people on business who were expected to work when they got somewhere. Sounds more like your issue is not so much with the "breeders" but with your cheapskate company, which is neither willing to pay for the more cocooned business class nor to support airline flights dedicated solely for weary business travelers. Take it up with them, not the parents of the world.
edit on 2/21/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP

Originally posted by tjack
It's really creepy and weird the way you keep referring to parents as "breeders".
And the different between breeding children and animals is what? If you have children, you are a breeder. You have breed. It's an English word. And why is it weird? This, to me says more about your views.

Assumptions. You know nothing about my life, yet you feel as a parent, a breeder no less,

your words not mine.
i stand by my first post
edit on 21-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
and thought i would give a couple of links for the definition for the word breeder.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breeder_(slang)

www.yourdictionary.com/breeder

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have chosen not to have children.

I have been in a meaningful relationship for 11 years.

I have chosen not to have children because I truly believe with overpopulation it's a selfish act.

Yes, I am broody. Yes, I will likely be lonely as I age.

But I cannot stand the thought of adding another life to this planet.

I am 38. I remember when children minded the adults around them.

I detest the cult of the parent which seems have sprung up in society. The attitude that 'the little darlings' are doing no harm.

Last time I was on a plane, a woman whupped her bits out to breast feed her kid. No excuse me...no warning.

Her bare breast was rubbing my right arm! If I had wanted to be that close to another woman's breasts I would be in a lap dancing club.

A bit of consideration goes both ways...it feels a little one-sided at the minute!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
Last time I was on a plane, a woman whupped her bits out to breast feed her kid. No excuse me...no warning.

If there was a facepalm smiley you would get it.

I didn't think this thread could get much more ignorant, turns out I was wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here is an idea - pitch the idea for an adult’s only airline. If this is a viable idea and lots of people like you have the same issues then it will succeed - not only will you solve your problem but make money while solving the problems of others.

Or: you could negotiate with your employer for business class upgrades when a flight is over certain duration - this would accomplish two things. 1) Ensure they consider the real need for your travel instead of say go to meeting or something. 2) You will get the upgrade in status - which likely is the real issue not the kids at all.

Business and forst class don't guarantee the absence of children nor guarnatee thier behavior.

I travel business class with my family; when flying internationally. My daughter is well past the crying stage but I assure you no parent wants their kids to be a nuisance to themselves or others on a flight. Kids are not predictable and sometimes just act out; life is unfair I guess.

You sound like a whiney wart to me - put in some ear plugs; hell the expensive ones will block almost 100% of the noise.

Also, last resort say you get stuck with the kids who won't sit still on a flight; I had this once on a long flight to London from D.C., on British Airways.

The steward knew I was in the military and would have to work when I go there as we had talked - about 3 hours in after diner he asked if I wanted to move to 1st class I took them up on it.

Lowe and behold I sit next to some self important, obnoxious business guy talking on the phone, typing on his laptop and shuffling his large bag of crap around all night bumping into me all the time - so I wasn't much better off.

All I really got out of it was leg room and real silverware at breakfast.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ah, the British. You know if you were breeders yourselves, you people would not have to import immigrants onto your tiny island nation. Immigrants who you would later despise because they're not catching onto your culture and a little too tan for your tastes.

A great empire reduced to elitists, bullies, and apathetic sheep who can't be bothered to breed enough to save their own population. Thank God my family left back in the 1800's when things were still pretty good. Kind of left on a high note, I guess.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
To the op thanks for doing the world a favor of not breeding we have enough ignorant people already. And if you ever ride on a plain near a short middles sized white man I dare you to call me a breeder.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
No offence, but you are in an ignorant and dangerous mind set, you silly silly fool.

"Breeders"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It takes a lot to offend me, yet he's done it with a single post thanks to the word "breeder"

Thanks, now I'm pissed off.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Well if he is allowed to call us breeders then we can call him a faggot.

To the OP:

This post is pure snobbery. Don't get me wrong sometimes kids are irritating and some irresponsible parents fail to keep them disciplined, but kids are just kids. You were one once.

If it gets you in such a hissy fit why not just pay the difference to upgrade yourself?
edit on 21-2-2011 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join