It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breeders, their children and international flights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I have recently flown return flights Europe to the West Coast of the US, all the return flights are red eyes or overnight flights, and like many fliers, our companies do not allow travel in a premier club such as business or first, so have to travel in economy or if we are very luckly, ecomony plus.

So imagine my joy when in the economy plus club, I see several families with young children, and realise that any change of getting some sleep are much reduced, and low and behold, at least one of these breeders fails to keep their children quiet and one such brat, screamed most of the flight.

Many people on these flights are expected to work when they arrive either in the US or Europe, so what gives here? Breeders think it is acceptable to ruin any chance of sleeping on an overnight flight by failing to control their children. On my last flight, the parents of one noisey brat where sleeping while those around them were unable to because of their screaming brat.

It seems that many have lost any concern for the actions of themselves and their children, and fail to control their children on flights. I guess that they take the view what can I do?

Give my custom to other airlines and airlines do have a responability here. Only on one international flight have I seen the crew take action and work with the breeders to ensure their children remain quiet, and when I can, I favour this airline with my custom.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Assuming you have no kids, it will be these "breeders" and their offspring that will foot the bill for your old age. If you have trouble sleeping on long haul flights, may i suggest a valium or two, its like an upgrade in pill form.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That's a very dangerous assumption to make, and I guess says more about your views that adding anything to this thread.

I can sleep on overnight flights, and have done on many occasions, the flights I can not sleep on are those where breeders care nothing for the fellow passengers, and allow their children to scream during the flight.

And if this breeders and their children are not British, how are they going to pay for my retirement? Not all travellers are British.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Sucks to be you man.

I seriously hope you get the seat in front of us the next long haul flight we catch.
Chances are you have larger problems with life than that anyway.

Actually better yet, you need to share the plane with this lot.

Also shouldn't this be in the rant section, not the main board?

edit on 21-2-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It's really creepy and weird the way you keep referring to parents as "breeders". Are you homosexual or something? Little ones are often fussy on flights due to the strangeness of it all, and being cooped up for so long. What do you wish a parent to do to "control" a fussy child? Hold a hand over their mouth perhaps? Slip them some booze, maybe? Based on the attitude presented by you, I feel you're an extremely selfish person, in my honest opinion.

As a parent, I can assure you that when our children are unable to be soothed, we're upset too, because we don't want our children to be uncomfortable and fussy. It means there's something upsetting them, and no parent likes when their child is upset. There's a nice quiet place on the plane, called First Class, and if your company won't pay for it then pony up the bucks yourself or STFU.

I feel you're more interested in "outing" yourself than really complaining about crying babies, with your hang-up on that term "breeders." Don't feel bad though, I've known many homosexuals that feel the need to draw attention to the fact that they're gay, it's Iike they don't want to talk about anything other than their homosexuality. I never understood that need, after all, we heteros don't dwell on our heterosexuality in that manner. Maybe you should just hop right in and start a thread about that aspect your personality.

edit on 21-2-2011 by tjack because: I added a couple more bits of advice for the selfish b-tard who submits themself to public transportation expecting private service.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Well just on the slim chance that airlines don't immediately introduce a policy of binding and gagging everyone under the age of 5 on international flights may I suggest.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91f56796c595.jpg[/atsimg]
Or
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e80b1472f8c5.jpg[/atsimg]

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Ya know - you really need a fan club.

And for the OP?

Next time flip for the difference between the coach and first class and take Davespanners advice too just in case.

As for the 'breeders' and their children? I truly hope whatever you have isn't catchy, I have a feeling even the air filters on those flights will fail to clean the atmosphere of ignorance you exude in your exhaust.

peace

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I remember when people could and did control their children in public. For the most part, anyway. I remember when seeing a child misbehaving in public was the exception to the rule instead of the rule. It's too bad those days are gone for most situations.

Of course there are good parents and good kids out there, but they have now become the exception to the rule, in my experience. It seems no matter where I go, there's some kid screaming while some parent ignores them... I guess hoping they'll tire and eventually stop.

The other day, we left a restaurant because we were overwhelmed by a screaming child whose parent acted like it wasn't happening or was too embarrassing to address. But you can't just leave a flight...To be rational, it's a lot to expect some ages of children not to cry at all during an international flight. That's a long time. And the child could have been sick. There are several reasons for crying. But I really can sympathize with your plight and your flight.

May I suggest some good, high-quality earplugs?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Being respectful of others is something I learned before the first grade. Being a child is no excuse even If I hear that reason too often.

I have no child of my own, but I know how to calm them. And they can understand a lot more than most parents assume, having thaught my 2 1/2 years old nephew to make the difference between right and left side.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
It's really creepy and weird the way you keep referring to parents as "breeders". Are you homosexual or something?

I just looked up 'breeders' in the Urban Dictionary and it is a term used by homosexuals for heterosexuals! I didn't know that. I've used the term many times, but usually just among fellow non-breeders.
Some people (who don't have children) refer to parents as "breeders".

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Your mother must be very proud of you....

Maybe you should consider changing your name from Freedom to Intolerant.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
and i think that you could be considered a product of breeders.
or did you just pop up out of thin air, do you hope to have children.
then you to will be a breeder. you should always be prepared when
you use public transportation, carry something that can insulate you from
the distractions that others create.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That term, "breeders" seems to me to have at least a little contempt built into it. Ironically (and fortunately) for you and the OP, neither of you would exist without them.

Not bashing you BH, or homosexuals for that matter, I enjoy your posts, and I'm open minded about others sexuality as well.

Show me somebody able soothe a 9 month old baby, who's ears are hurting from the pressure, and who doesn't understand the loud noise of the engines, and the unfamiliarity of plane travel, and I'll show you a miracle worker. Or baby-whisperer perhaps.

Sometimes it just can't be avoided.

We must differentiate though, between unruly kids, who's parents are letting them run wild and the very young who simply don't know any better. It is the latter that I refer to in my replies.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What a nasty undertone this thread gets with this term "breeders'
I suppose you forgot that you where a child yourself.

Maybe there is a spot left on the moon where you could live, it is nice and peacefull up there.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

That term, "breeders" seems to me to have at least a little contempt built into it.

Yeah, well, it's nothing compared to some of the slang terms some heterosexuals use for gay people, eh?

The truth is that I use the word, too and you're right, there is some contempt built in when I say it. That's because I think there are way too many people on the planet right now and over-breeding is one of the primary causes of the problems that we as human beings are facing in the world today. And breeders (as I use the term) continue to pop out children into a world that is not going to be able to support them. That's why I think breeding today is a somewhat selfish thing to do. I still support the right for people to breed, but I don't agree with indiscriminate breeding of kids that will have to deal with the world we're leaving behind.

I definitely agree that sometimes screaming kids can't be avoided. That's when the right earplugs can do wonders.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Airlines are private corporations... lodge a formal complaint.

If they receive enough similar complaints, and deem that this situation affects their bottom line, they will do something.

You say that your company "imposes" these conditions on you, lodge a formal complaint with them, threaten to quit because of it... see what happens.

Suggestion, in either case, do not use the term "breeders"... not classy.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Wow what allot of respect you have for your parents.

Do you actually spit that word out when you say it... breeder

I’ve flown many times when our girls were young, and I can tell you as a mother it’s heart breaking to see any young child upset or with earaches on flights.

Over the years we never got to choose our flights either, but I am grateful to Qantas staff for making all of our flights as easy and comfortable for the children as possible.

And I think it’s wise of you that you don’t become a breeder.

edit on 21/2/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I used to be a flight attendant. Many children have problems with their ears on flights because of irritated eustachian tubes, ear infections, etc. It's not as easy for them to "pop" their ears as it is for adults. Children are more sensitive to changes in air pressure... even in pressurized cabins. No wonder they're screaming! Ever had a severe earache? I guess it made you all happy and joyful and giggly.

I normally don't let things people say on here bother me, but this does. It seems you like the word "breeder" a little too much. Kids have the same right to fly as the rest of us. I don't doubt that some kids are spoiled and act up, but from what I saw while working, most of the children were either scared or in pain. There's no magic "off" button to make these things automatically go away. Intolerant much? I guess you didn't cry when you were in pain or scared when you were little.

Obviously, there are things you can do to make yourself more comfortable, like a few other posters suggested, but I get the idea that you're one of those people who would rather bitch and gripe than try to do something on your own part and fix the problem. If you were to have a good night's sleep on flight, you wouldn't have anything to whine about later and then your life would be terribly boring.

My advice to you is to buy some headphones... spring for the expensive kind even, if total peace is so important you. If you're not going to do anything to help yourself, then just STFU. The world doesn't revolve around you. You sound like the real brat here.

edit on 2/21/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It's really creepy and weird the way you keep referring to parents as "breeders".
And the different between breeding children and animals is what? If you have children, you are a breeder. You have breed. It's an English word. And why is it weird? This, to me says more about your views.

Are you homosexual or something?
What are trying to saying? Do not be shy. Why because I dislike parents/breeders who fail to control their children do you think you can label me as homosexual or something. Again, this says more about you and your views on life. Where did I mention anything about sexuality in my OP?

Little ones are often fussy on flights due to the strangeness of it all, and being cooped up for so long. What do you wish a parent to do to "control" a fussy child? Hold a hand over their mouth perhaps? Slip them some booze, maybe? Based on the attitude presented by you, I feel you're an extremely selfish person, in my honest opinion.

If you bothered to read my post rather than jump to reply, you will see that I have made and continue to make international flights, and on many of these flights there are parents who have the social skills to manage their children on flights and understand they have a responability to ensure their children's actions do not impact others. As for my attitude, it was the same one I was brought up with. I travelled on international flights from any early age and I can not remember a time, according to my parents that my actions on the flight, impacted others.

What is so selfish about wanted parents to take responability for the actions of their children?

I feel you're more interested in "outing" yourself than really complaining about crying babies, with your hang-up on that term "breeders." Don't feel bad though, I've known many homosexuals that feel the need to draw attention to the fact that they're gay, it's Iike they don't want to talk about anything other than their homosexuality. I never understood that need, after all, we heteros don't dwell on our heterosexuality in that manner. Maybe you should just hop right in and start a thread about that aspect your personality.

Assumptions. You know nothing about my life, yet you feel as a parent, a breeder no less, that you can judge by a post, my sexuality. This makes me more keen to ensure that breeding is subject to licence!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
To the OP of this thread: You are very offensive in your rant. You are very disrespectful toward women. You should be ashamed of yourself. I won't go into all the various reasons why you are disrespectful, because you know all of them.

This really isn't a good topic for ATS anyway...raise the level of your thoughts. Don't denigrate any person in our society. You only lessen yourself when you do and you lessen all of us. Come on MAN!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join