It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breeders, their children and international flights

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Ok, I get the point you're making, and if that's where the OP is coming from then fine. My point all along has been that not all screaming children on planes are the result of bad parents, in fact I'd bet that most of the "screamers" are truly suffering and rather inconsolable. It's the ones running up and down the aisles and kicking seat-backs that have parents lacking in proper child control skills.

The fix (drugs, ear plugs, noise cancelling headphones, First Class, etc.) are so obvious to me and most of the other commentors on this post, paired with his contemptuous terminology and tone, that it really seems the OP is looking for a fight, not a civil discussion on this matter.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
A parent would take their children to an age appropriate restaurant, such as McDonalds, and ensure the children are polite and that they do not make a mess.

What??? So feeding fast food crap is a good parent - - cuz it prevents the children from bothering you?

Nice. Real nice.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
What a nasty undertone this thread gets with this term "breeders'

The term "breeders" is used to describe parents who think that the only thing they have to do when raising a child is make a child. Everything after that is laziness and irresponsibility.

Real parents (as opposed to "breeders") take responsibility for their children especially when in public. They either make sure their child is ready to behave in public or they don't force the burdens of their wild child onto the public. They stay home or take another form of travel.

It's called common courtesy, and when parents show they have none, they are called "breeders", 'cuz that's all they seem to know how to do is make babies, not raise them.

edit on 21-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Seriously - - - did anyone on this thread need a lesson on what a Breeder is referring to?

The attempt to justify doesn't really help.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
What a nasty undertone this thread gets with this term "breeders'
I suppose you forgot that you where a child yourself.

Maybe there is a spot left on the moon where you could live, it is nice and peacefull up there.

The acrid tone to that post(o.P.) was beyond obvious...I suppose no homosexual "couples" have adopted kids? and if heather had two mommies she'd obviously be a perfect little7 year old with the quiet composure of a 32 year old college educated business woman?

Absolutely Nobody likes screaming or agitated kids in a confined environment.not flight crew, not "breeders" nor obviously clearly superior:&&*&*'s ( creative terms deleted as being below even this "breeder"). We inconsiderate "breeders may have to stand up for "you" someday...or not...

edit on 21-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Sounds like you need a nap! I can see how lack of sleep can make you crabby but really, "breeders" and their "brats?" I'm sure the whole world should revolve around you and your needs, especially when you are flying and need your rest. You are in a public place where you don't get to control the people around you. Perhaps a private jet would suit you better? You don't know what other peoples' circumstances are. Maybe they are on a bereavement flight, maybe a medical flight where someone in the family is sick and the family is stressed out. I'm sure the crying kids aren't doing it specifically to offend you and make you miserable. I have to doubt that you're a parent yourself because you have zero patience it seems.
edit on 21-2-2011 by queenofsheba because: add

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Freedom ERP

tjack

Silo 13

jean59

davespanners

Benevolent Heretic

to waste any more of my time on this thread would be ludicrous, some here are hypocritical bandwagoners, others are the saving grace of this thread, leading by example and doing a damn good job. I don't have the patience.

Peace,
-B.M

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have to empathize a bit with the OP, despite the use of a rather antagonizing word...
I have nothing against children, but it's true they can be a little obnoxious at times. I don't mind the screaming and crying so much, because I always carry an mp3 player with me while traveling, not to mention it's understandable.. I had more than my fair share of ear problems when I was little, so I know how uncomfortable it can be. But it's a little harder to ignore the kids that keep kicking the back of your seat, while the parent seated next to them does absolutely nothing. That's just bad parenting, and there isn't really any excuse for that.
There is something that helps if you're ever in a situation like that though....just think to yourself, "at least it's only temporary, and I don't have to take them home with me!"

I think maybe they should have a special section just for families traveling with small children. It would make it less stressful for the parents, because they would be less worried about disrupting the other passengers, and of course the other passengers would enjoy the peace and quiet.

Not all kids are bad though...once I was flying across the country with a ragdoll kitten, when a little girl in the row behind me noticed him, and asked very politely if she could hold him for a bit. I said yes, so she had fun playing with him for a while before handing him back and saying thank you.
Wish there were more well behaved kids like that..

Edited to add ragdoll is a breed of cat, I wasn't traveling with a stuffed animal!

edit on 21-2-2011 by Astrithr because: needed to add something

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
I think maybe they should have a special section just for families traveling with small children. It would make it less stressful for the parents, because they would be less worried about disrupting the other passengers, and of course the other passengers would enjoy the peace and quiet.

We are talking about the cheapest of cheapest airfare. That's the problem.

There are no special sections and there shouldn't be.

If there were special sections on these bare minimum flights - - - who exactly is going to monitor them and make sure they stay there.

You get what you pay for.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I was just using that as a simplistic example that people could understand. How about the salad bar at Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag?

That sit a bit better? It was just an example.

You can take them to Crunchy Joes Hippy Commune for all I care, but if such a place is running orgies after 9pm, you might want to plan accordingly and not bring children to inappropriate settings.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Here's another take. If you are a family with kids - - and need to travel to visit family or whatever (just providing example that sometimes families do need to fly).

You are a responsible parent - - and have raised your kids to behave. But you are traveling at a late hour - - your children are tired - - their routine and sleep schedule is disrupted (cheaper rates have odd hours).

There's another family on the flight letting their kids run free. What do you do when your own child or children get restless

Are you really going to be concerned about a few business men who's company is too cheap to put them in first class?

In confined situations like this - - I speak to the child personally and Politely. I've found the parents are usually so exhausted they welcome someone stepping in.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Op don't leave now I just created an account to give you a helping hand!

"breeders" what is so offensive? It's just another name and it is effective in describing you and what is apparently very important to you, having offspring. It seems to be the norm, no? "Be fruitful and multiply", you parents took it to heart and have done just that now haven't you?

Give the Op some credit, I doubt he/she is completely irrational and does not realize flying sucks and can be difficult especialy for that little brood of bundles of joy you felt necessary to add to our global populace.

He/she is was simply stating YOU parents that don't have control of the little monsters that have free rein and control you, you parents that continue to bring make more of them because the first needs a playmate. Are at fault. You are the ones that are selfish.

What is wrong with having one child people? One is all you need to experience that "gift of life"

I have one Dog, he's incredible. He poops in the bush, it took 5 days to train him. My 3yr old neice puts her dirty diaper on her head and covers herself with her waste. My sister's friends had three girls the oldest is NUTS, so they have another. four kids! four kids! This effects everyone people,we are all connected! . You were one now you are five?? what is rational about this sort of mentality. The global population has nearly trippled in 100 yrs, are we at the tipping point now? How will you parents feel if TSHTF and there is not enough food for your brood of love, whoever has reproduced in the last 4 yrs is completely disconnected from reality. One cousin with huge boobs full of saline has two kids over 12 yrs. Now pregnant, the boyfriend has 2 kids over ten. Other cousin heavier than my truck, had a kid no idea who the dad is. No self control??? They are all broke, Bought the sister ounce ounce of silver two years ago for Christmas, it's doubled in price. I am the weird one. Last Christmas they are talking about "bold dozzing" their perfect house to build a bigger one for more room for the 2 girls. YOUR NUTS!!

I am considered nuts an no one listens to me because I am prepaired for when TSHTF, no spouse that I have grown tired of. Lots of money and freedom.

Look up the "parasite" then go look in the mirror. We are selfish, we go from one temporaty high to another. Taking and never giving back. A reset is exactly what we need. Do you think after the dust settles we may take on a differnt veiw on multiplying, breeding?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I read somewhere once, that you should "Beat your children, so other people don't have to." I thought that was good advice,

Seriously though, an iPod is mans best friend. I fly frequently and there is always, without fail, the ignorant ass parents that thought bringing a young child on a cross country flight was a good idea.

Well that's when the iPod gets turned on, and the rest of the airplane has to listen to the crotch dropping squalling for 4 hours.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
reply to post by Annee

I was just using that as a simplistic example that people could understand. How about the salad bar at Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag?

No - that is not OK.

I take my children/grandchildren to good restaurants that have quality food. And they are NOT allowed to order hamburgers and french fries.

When my grandson was 7 - - he could order Lobster with the best of them. It was really kind of funny to hear the waitress try to talk him out of it.

I did/do try to do EarlyBird dinners - - - but I will not take them to crappy places just to please you and others like you.

You can go to Uncle Moe's Family Feed Bag.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You must be a republican is all I can say.

You disgust me.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My children are very well behaved.. for the most part

But sometimes, there is just nothing you can do but wait for it to blow over. Kids are going to cry. Sometimes there is a good reason, sometimes there is not.

Example:

My second child was a little, sleepy bundle of sweetness. He slept 6 hours through the night, he rarely cried, he was just good. Until he hit the ripe old age of 3 weeks..

His third week brought a drastic (and scary) change. Colic. He seriously cried for 6 hours a day, every day, for months. We would check his diaper, try to feed him, walk him, bounce him, pat him, cuddle him, swaddle him, give him gas drops, check his temp, change his clothes, give him a pacifier, lay him here and there, bicycle his legs, sing to him, talk to him, plead with him, beg him, cry with him, and when none of it worked---we would do it all again and again until he would finally fall asleep. We couldn't take him anywhere after 3pm. We finally took him to the chiropractor which helped a lot, it saved our sanity. He still goes every so often.

My point:

Kids cry. Its not always due to "horrible parenting". Sometimes there is nothing you can do but wait it out. Its not like the parents LIKE to hear their kids cry.

Like other posters have suggested:

• Noise cancelling headphones
  • Ipod
  • Valium
  • First class

edit on 21-2-2011 by daryllyn because: I wanted to.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Lol your lucky enough to have a job, and that you can travel with that job, and no the world dosent re volve around you, poor poor sad you

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP

Originally posted by tjack
It's really creepy and weird the way you keep referring to parents as "breeders".
And the different between breeding children and animals is what? If you have children, you are a breeder. You have breed. It's an English word. And why is it weird? This, to me says more about your views.

Are you homosexual or something?
What are trying to saying? Do not be shy. Why because I dislike parents/breeders who fail to control their children do you think you can label me as homosexual or something. Again, this says more about you and your views on life. Where did I mention anything about sexuality in my OP?

Little ones are often fussy on flights due to the strangeness of it all, and being cooped up for so long. What do you wish a parent to do to "control" a fussy child? Hold a hand over their mouth perhaps? Slip them some booze, maybe? Based on the attitude presented by you, I feel you're an extremely selfish person, in my honest opinion.

If you bothered to read my post rather than jump to reply, you will see that I have made and continue to make international flights, and on many of these flights there are parents who have the social skills to manage their children on flights and understand they have a responability to ensure their children's actions do not impact others. As for my attitude, it was the same one I was brought up with. I travelled on international flights from any early age and I can not remember a time, according to my parents that my actions on the flight, impacted others.

What is so selfish about wanted parents to take responability for the actions of their children?

I feel you're more interested in "outing" yourself than really complaining about crying babies, with your hang-up on that term "breeders." Don't feel bad though, I've known many homosexuals that feel the need to draw attention to the fact that they're gay, it's Iike they don't want to talk about anything other than their homosexuality. I never understood that need, after all, we heteros don't dwell on our heterosexuality in that manner. Maybe you should just hop right in and start a thread about that aspect your personality.

Assumptions. You know nothing about my life, yet you feel as a parent, a breeder no less, that you can judge by a post, my sexuality. This makes me more keen to ensure that breeding is subject to licence!

you used the word breeder!! my lesbian sister calls us Heterosexual breeders!

very annoying, thats why you was asked! its not the correct word to use.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

One last time. My second example was another example. You cannot possibly be so obtuse, or is it intentional?

Take the kids for 'healthy eating', take them Freegan garbage picking - take them where ever you WANT to take them - but keep in mind appropriate places and times.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A lot of parents just simply can't be bothered actually PARENTING their children these days.

Children seem to SHOUT and SCREAM a lot these days. I remember playing outside and having all kinds of fun and games as a kid, but sometimes you just see kids in the street or in their garden just SCREAMING continuously for hours - and they're not even playing a game, just standing there or walking in circles, it's actually quite disturbing.

Of course, telling them to shut up merits you a torrent of abuse from the parents ("How dare you!....."), and the children witness this so if the parent is taking their side, there's no way in hell they will ever listen to any other adult or teacher because their parents are the model for which they interact with all adults. Parents don't care, so they can do whatever they like.

The sense of entitlement that a lot of parents have is also pathetic. Many parents feel they have justified their existence by sh*tting out a carbon copy for the next generation. WRONG. There's nothing special or unique about having children - the world is literally OVERFLOWING with people doing the same - BILLIONS of them - Having kids doesn't justify your existence on Earth - There's a difference between reproduction and parenting.

edit on 22-2-2011 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join