It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breeders, their children and international flights

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You know WHY kids were 'better behaved' back then? Parents were allowed to slap them. Nowadays we are not (thankfully) allowed to terrorize our kids into sitting down and shutting up. They weren't so much 'good kids' as 'scared kids'.
I find it humiliating when my children decide to act up and before I've had a chance to open my mouth to them some jerk starts spouting off about how 'kids never behaved like this when I was growing up'.

Yes some parents don't care, some didn't all those years ago funny enough, but most do and if you have EVER tried to calm a teething/colicky baby or a bored/tired/scared/in pain child, especially on a flight or other long journey, you would know it is a mammoth task. Made harder by ignorant fools like you, OP.

To the poster slating the British in general...... oh dear you poor deluded fool.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Assumptions are a very dangerous thing and lead you to make poor decisions about people. Did you actual read my full post and understand the point I was making? Or did you just jump on the breeder word?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Quit complaining! Long flights with children present shouldnt bother you as much as the fact that "you are what you eat".

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Parents are no longer allowed to reprimand their children in public. They're allowed to run wild and scream and throw tantrums regardless of where they are, whether it be in a grocery store, diner or on an airplane. Parents are terrified to even look cross eyed at their children in public for fear some one will turn them in for child abuse. Been there..........

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

No, I am the product of parents who understand the responsibility of bearing a child up and would never have let me or my sister scream on a flight and disturb other people. I remember a flight we were planning to take but my sister was unwell and was screaming, so my parents delayed our flight until my sister was better and would not disturb our fellow passengers.

That is the difference between parents and breeders.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

So you claim to know the circumstances surrounding each and every one of these "breeder" families? I would guarantee you know nothing about these people, therefore you shouldn't say a damn thing about them. What if somebody is taking a flight in order to get treatment for their child? They can't just wait for the kid to get better before taking the flight to get where they need to be.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

Another assumption made. Where did I make any reference to my parent status? You can tell these things via a post, got any good tips on shares to invest in?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Glad to see that reasoned debate is still a corner stone of being on ATS, and that people can discuss real points on ATS. At least there are a few on this site.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Did you bother to read my post or jump to a reply upon seeing the word breeder?

SECOND LINE

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yes, I did read it. You're pissed off because of people with loud kids on flights. My point still stands.

Edit: Oh hey, good job not reading my second response before responding back to me.
edit on 21-2-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

So you assume because I use the word breeder, I must be gay. Way to go on the assumption front. Amazing what skills you have that you can guess all that from a post.

If I had used the word Chav, would that sound better?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oh good lord... breast feeding had to come up. *sigh*

I wont get into that whole debate because I would literally never shut up. I'll try to keep it on topic and say as little as possible though. Besides breastfeeding being natural and better for infants, many mothers choose to nurse their babies during flights because it helps the babies adjust to changes in air pressure better. Yes, a bottle would suffice, but many mothers don't use bottles and that is perfectly ok. If someone has a problem with a woman feeding her baby, than that is YOUR problem, not the mothers. After all, breasts were made for feeding babies. It was Hollywood and people in general who sexualized them. If you see a breastfeeding mother and don't like it, look the other way. I'm sure this lady didn't ask to sit by you on a flight either. And if she hadn't fed the baby, it probably would have been screaming because of pain... and then you would have complained anyway.

I'm glad nobody ever complained about a breastfeeding mother while I was a flight attendant. I'm pretty sure that I would have popped off with a response that would have gotten me fired.

Overpopulation may seem to be a problem to some, but not everyone has the same opinion. If you choose to believe that way, fine, but not everyone sees things the same. I wouldn't have more children either, but I see nothing wrong with the people who do want them and I sure as hell would never complain about a woman feeding her baby.
edit on 2/21/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

No, I am pissed off with breeders that do nothing to manage and control their children. Parents will make every effort to ensure that their children do not disrupt fellow travellers. I have been on flights with sick children and the parents have made effort to calm them.

Action speaks volumes.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Funny thing about it is you have control over whether you're in the same (public, mind you) space as the people you complain about. Get some earplugs, good headphones or pay for business. Those things are in your control. Don't complain about things but make no effort yourself.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
Many people on these flights are expected to work when they arrive either in the US or Europe, so what gives here? Breeders think it is acceptable to ruin any chance of sleeping on an overnight flight by failing to control their children. On my last flight, the parents of one noisy brat where sleeping while those around them were unable to because of their screaming brat.

I hate screaming unattended children too - - especially in restaurants. But in restaurants - you can get up and take your child outside. I always take my young children in off hours - - until they understand its a place they need to behave.

However - - how is it the fault or responsibility of families flying lowest cost available - - - that you don't sleep? Its not.

Traveling with small children is a nightmare. They are not "little adults" - - they are children. Yes - there are some children who can behave - - - but I'd say most who are traveling long and odd hours with their sleep patterns disrupted - - - are going to act out. Even if they are the most "chilled" child in their own normal environment.

Deal with it - - or pay for an upgrade out of your own pocket.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You speak of freedom....

In showing contempt instead of understanding, you show yourself to be (how can i put this) childish.
Calling mothers breeders is so immature and very very rude.

Maybe your proud parents should have taught you how to be a gentleman, which you are obviously not

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have an aunt in LA whos 63. She never had children, has never had a pet, probably doesn't have house plants to water, and has been divorced three times. She has narcissium and has no tolerance for anyone else, is committment phobic, conflict ridden, lazy. vain, manipulative take advantage type. Those who take on responsibility for others deserve to be treated with respect, If you have an issue with someone disturbing the peace, calmly get up and ask the people if the need any assistance with their children and explain that you need you it to be quite. Ask the airline stewardess to relocate you to an empty seat somewhere else. When you make your resevation ask for a seat at the back of the plane. Taking benedryl at the begining of a flight should help you sleep. It is an allergy medicine some use as a cheap sleeping aid. Get along with others we all have to. I was on an international flight once where some russian african lady kept grabbing the chair I was sleeping in
and shaking it during the whole flight. Flying around demands patience and flexibility. If you can't get along stay out of public.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just a tip for anyone who flies with children or even anyone who is bothered by crying children... here's a way to be helpful.

Carry menthol cough drops on flights. If children (or adults even) are having ear problems due to air pressure changes, the cough drops (Hall's are great!) will help to open up the eustachian tubes and should give some relief. NICELY offer them to the parents of screaming children. If the parents accept, fine. If not, don't push it. Act like you genuinely have concern for the child. Or politely bring up that such things are known to help children on flights. Some flight attendants keep them in their flight bags and wont readily admit it, but may offer them if you ask. I kept them in my flight bag and parents were grateful. Just whatever you do, offer to help nicely. Granted, this wont work for babies or toddlers, but for children that are old enough to have hard candy, it's a good idea. Just never EVER EVER give them to a child without first asking a parent.

Oh, and another thing, on SOME airlines (although I'm sure fewer are doing it now) if there just happens to be an empty seat in 1st class, if you are nice enough to the flight attendants, SOMETIMES they will let you sit up there, even with an economy ticket. Definitely don't go onto a flight expecting a free upgrade, but it has been known to happen. Being nice with a big smile on your face can get you a long way!
edit on 2/21/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP

Originally posted by tjack
It's really creepy and weird the way you keep referring to parents as "breeders".
And the different between breeding children and animals is what? If you have children, you are a breeder. You have breed. It's an English word. And why is it weird? This, to me says more about your views.

Are you homosexual or something?
What are trying to saying? Do not be shy. Why because I dislike parents/breeders who fail to control their children do you think you can label me as homosexual or something. Again, this says more about you and your views on life. Where did I mention anything about sexuality in my OP?

Little ones are often fussy on flights due to the strangeness of it all, and being cooped up for so long. What do you wish a parent to do to "control" a fussy child? Hold a hand over their mouth perhaps? Slip them some booze, maybe? Based on the attitude presented by you, I feel you're an extremely selfish person, in my honest opinion.

If you bothered to read my post rather than jump to reply, you will see that I have made and continue to make international flights, and on many of these flights there are parents who have the social skills to manage their children on flights and understand they have a responability to ensure their children's actions do not impact others. As for my attitude, it was the same one I was brought up with. I travelled on international flights from any early age and I can not remember a time, according to my parents that my actions on the flight, impacted others.

What is so selfish about wanted parents to take responability for the actions of their children?

I feel you're more interested in "outing" yourself than really complaining about crying babies, with your hang-up on that term "breeders." Don't feel bad though, I've known many homosexuals that feel the need to draw attention to the fact that they're gay, it's Iike they don't want to talk about anything other than their homosexuality. I never understood that need, after all, we heteros don't dwell on our heterosexuality in that manner. Maybe you should just hop right in and start a thread about that aspect your personality.

Assumptions. You know nothing about my life, yet you feel as a parent, a breeder no less, that you can judge by a post, my sexuality. This makes me more keen to ensure that breeding is subject to licence!

Hey bub, You're the one who chose to use that disparaging term as the FIRST WORD of the title of your post, and then again and again within the body of your post. That alone, in fact, says volumes about your personality, and was in fact the basis of my questions (not assumptions nor accusations). I stand by my comments.

There's plenty of other "English words" I could have used instead of "homosexuals", but as a well mannered person, of course I did not.
edit on 21-2-2011 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Whoa folks - before you jump down this guy's throat, he's got some points.

And, certain groups use the slang term "breeder" in various ways.

Let me give you an example: I am "Child Free By Choice" and the CF community often uses the term "breeder". One must know the subtleties of this though.

A "parent" is one who minds their child(ren) and cares about them.

A "breeder" is an ignorant moron who produced a bunch of children without a care for them at all.

A parent would take their children to an age appropriate restaurant, such as McDonalds, and ensure the children are polite and that they do not make a mess.

A breeder would take their kids to a tavern at 1am and wreak holy havoc on the place.

See the difference?

It is not a term directed at "parents" in general. It is slang for BAD parents.

Parents themselves use it too, actually.

I understand *why* some parents would get sensitive here, if they are not familiar with this slang term, but I don't think you need to resort to calling the OP names - or anyone else here.

I am kind of offended also that people without children are painted as goofy in the head, angry, bitter, etc. People have many reasons for not having kids - just as parents have many reasons FOR having kids. BTW - you forget that some people may want kids, but are not *able* to have them - and these people are likely even more offended.

Even *parents themselves* often complain about poorly behaved children, or children in inappropriate places.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join