It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Um no. That old chestnut again. That buoy had/has issues and the telemetry fails from time to time. As it fails it appears that the sea bed is rising by up to 2 miles. Unfortunately some brain dead nincompoops actually believe this and have been touting it round the internet without actually noticing that when the signal came back on line it had dropped to around 4000 metres deep again.

I can assure you that if the sea bed off the coast of Australia was going up and down by 2 miles on a regular basis the odd one or two people just might have noticed this.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

That would be awesome but the only the emergency services would be pre-informed. I would like to know so that I could batten down the hatches, much like the pre-warning before a tornado or other more common occurrence which needs those critical moments to prepare.

This will be kept as secret as an atomic bomb about to strike and it will be much the same in its aftermath from all the secrecy.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Incoming ~3 ? on TA U39A on GEE at 7:52 est?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
OMG

Its Hx, Antar and myself..........its just like old times..........I feel like we have come full circle

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

i unfortunately think you're right. Even if the big one is coming it will strike an at unknown time and place. and if we try to bring the fact up that we knew after it happened, that too will be debunked and discredited (hoping that people and internet are still around)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

No. As I said earlier in this thread Turkey is known for quakes that progress from East to West along the fault line. This has been suggested over 12 years ago that I am aware of - but no I can't provide a reference as I did not keep the article at the time. Every area is different. You cannot take one area in Turkey and apply it to Arkansas.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Glad to be standing outside of that circle, but in all sincerity, do you guys usually noticed interference and building up to earthquakes or is this abnormal? those prediction websites seems to point to "foreshakes" that could show a big one coming.

maybe if arkansas starts having 100+ KM depth ??

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

No...see my update on the previous page. I inculded screen-shots. Two stations are acting funky. It is probably around 1.5 or so.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Actually i am taking SCIENCE and applying it to this scenerio.

all articles (14) of them on news.google.com shows that big quakes have "foreshadowing shakes" but it is hard to pinpoint which quakes are foreshocks and which are just low magnitude quakes.

So please don't try to discredit what those articles are saying without even a link.
Looks like a legitimate way to read quakes.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Turned GEE off.

Looks like a

link   
Thanks to you two for replying...

I wish I had highspeed!!! at least ATS works with a decent speed for me

Well good to know it was just some nutter... That's the problem with most sites/resources out there... its all a bunch of bull...

Anywho... Thank you

link   
reply to post by westcoast

Did you look at my link on page 53??

Maybe the funky looking actions of the 2 graphs are foreshocking??

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Just curious to your location "Planet Hell" to only have dial up???

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

I was NOT discrediting the articles. Why don't you read what I said?

You cannot apply what happened in Turkey to Arkansas. Not everywhere has foreshocks. Not every swarm builds to a bigger earthquake.
edit on 19/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

okay, i get your point.
every areas doesn't have foreshocks before a bigger quake
and so every swarm doesn't lead to a bigger quake

But can you comment on it's appearance time? Very unusual time to discuss foretelling a quake that effected 1+ million people.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Nice find on the articles. Although, as Puterman points out they are two very different seismic regions it is worth keeping in mind.

As to the interference...these signals (I believe) are different than any kind of foreshock. Looks almost electrical...please, anyone correcet me if I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

But can you comment on it's appearance time? Very unusual time to discuss foretelling a quake that effected 1+ million people.

All I can suggest is that the MSM are picking up on this and are casting around for information.

To be honest other than that I would not know how their minds work as I virtually never read any MSM sites as they are the disinfo agents of the Government, not the good people of ATS.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Yeah Planet Hell is pretty much what it is... Everything is Hell... there is no cell phone service... no high speed internet... you have to drive for miles and miles and miles before you see a town/city... but its peaceful... except for the crackling sound of bones burning... and the screams of the tortured... other than that its ok...

"Planet Hell" actually comes from song lyrics from a band called -Dimmu Borgir- the song is "Kings of the Carnival Creation" the lyrics for that part is "Worshiped by anyone's mass on this Planet Hell" pretty much relating to the fact... anyone nowadays can fool most people into believing in something that's not true... etc etc...

But if these quakes get worse... volcanoes erupt... oceans swallow the coastlines... it may very well be a true planet hell... ha

ps... Southeastern, Kentucky
edit on 19-2-2011 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Whoo Hooo Clouds

And on the subject of that 7:52 event...we now have trash showing up on two Streams?

U39A & X40A ?

Nice...
...guess it's time to fire up the snag it software for screen caps...

edit on 2/19/2011 by Hx3_1963 because: updates

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thank you one and all for the interest. Thank you for the library. Thank you for your time. Keep watching. I'd be discussing it but I'm having way to much fun with my most important work.

I hope that was the last gasp of a tired fault. Too soon to tell. I'm not going to be really worried until there more of those odd ball quakes like Florida. If we had multiple quakes across multiple sites in a narrow time frame, then I'll start to pace and fret.

The sherriff is right. It's the injection. This man investigates crimes. It's his job to find the culprit. And it's mine. It doesn't take no CSI team. Just regular folk with common sense.

Keep carrying on.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join