It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Originally posted by BobAthome
This is just a theory Ark. should get a 3.5-4.0 next little while ie hours,, we shall see. just wanted to doc.

I repeat just a theory not in any way a forewarning.

Well my timming sucks. orig post : 19-2-2011 @ 12:11 PM by BobAthome
edit on 19-2-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

Geez common i was only off by maybe 4 hrs that's not bad ,, right ??
edit on 19-2-2011 by BobAthome because: it is a rough theory

edit on 19-2-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/357f495f7551.png[/atsimg]

? not seeing higher sustained levels ?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

That screen cap looks like a N/E strike/slip, but, I digress...

The other Channels had subsided to readings around ~3m while TA X40A was still above 6m for a few...

No biggie I guess...

edit on 2/19/2011 by Hx3_1963 because: updates

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I was impressed!!!! But can you do it again???

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
New and improved links page. Reorganized into categories for better topic related location.

EarthQuake and Tetonic plate resources:
www.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.iris.edu...
www.ouramazingplanet.com...
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...
CERI Helicorders, seismic monitoring: folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Earthquake List For Arkansas (Greenbrier Area) Feb 15-16: earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.scchealth.org...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
www.documentarystream.com...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.ouramazingplanet.com...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
www.ceri.memphis.edu...
New Madrid Fault System Google search results: www.google.com...=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=New+Madrid+Fault+System&cp=23&pf=p&sclient=psy&site=&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=New+Madrid+Fault+S ystem&pbx=1&bav=on.1,or.&fp=89ca1c0b87364668
www.reality-choice.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
Descent of the ancient Farallon slab drives localized mantle flow below the New Madrid seismic zone: www.auburn.edu...
thecabin.net...
avhrr seismicity search results: www.google.com...:1&ei=uGhdTcjVL4aitwfBn52AAw&ved=0CBEQvwUoAA
satellite seismic stress pattern analysis: www.google.com... sis

Fracking/Drilling related:
www.gaslandthemovie.com...
1trickpony.cachefly.net...
www.osti.gov...
search.usa.gov...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
Injection Induced Earthquake References: www.nyx.net...
www.thepeoplesvoice.org...
seekingalpha.com...
geology.com...
Can you prevent large earthquakes by making lots of small ones, or by "lubricating" the fault with water or another material?: earthquake.usgs.gov...
Discharge of Tectonic Stresses in the Earth Crust by High-power Electric Pulses for Earthquake Hazard Mitigation: www.voltairenet.org...
owni.eu...
c1.redgreenandblue.org...
Gas wells map: www.eia.gov...
The Rocky Mountain Arsenal deep injection well: www.rma.army.mil...
Top 5 Ways to Cause a Man-Made Earthquake: www.wired.com...#

Codes for drilling rigs status and other drilling infos:
www.aogc.state.ar.us...
glenarborsun.com...
www.oerb.com...

General Geology related resources:
The Memphis Sand Aquifer: nsglc.olemiss.edu...
Sinking sand, sand boils, LIQUEFACTION: www.showme.net...
www.amnh.org...
pediaview.com...

Volcanic resources:
abundanthope.net...
Volcanic Landforms, Volcanoes and Plate Tectonics:www.tulane.edu...
A VOLCANIC ERUPTION IN ARKANSAS: www.suite101.com...
USGS 06186500 Yellowstone River at Yellowstone Lk Outlet YNP: waterdata.usgs.gov...,00065,00010

Solar Flare resources:
Solar Flares and Earthquakes: adsabs.harvard.edu...

Nuclear/Chemical related sources:
www.terrapub.co.jp...
www.thepeoplesvoice.org...
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., (KTHV) -- The Chemical Stockpile: www.todaysthv.com...

Moon EarthQuake correlation
www.moonconnection.com...
www.smeter.net...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Mainstream media AK Quake coverage:
edition.cnn.com...#
news.blogs.cnn.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
news.yahoo.com...
news.yahoo.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.nytimes.com...

Notification links:
Threat Watch: standeyo.com...
www.radioreference.com...
www.radioreference.com...
Home page www.radioreference.com...

Other:
Bird die off map location:www.bing.com...,+Missouri&FORM=MIRE1
FEMA test date and info: www.ready.gov...
www.asisonline.org...
www.fema.gov...
www.baproducts.com... Dr Chet Snow's Earth Change Map
www.memphis.edu...

Hope this helps since we have more folks dropping in. Welcome and please contribute your resources as we continue to monitor and discuss our theory.
Moderators please consider the spirit in which this information is being shared.
edit on 19-2-2011 by SunflowerStar because: spacing and a link correction

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yesterday's seismogram (day 50 - 19th Feb UTC) available here

Seismogram in my signature now updated to Day 51 - 20th Feb UTC

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

MAP 3.4 2011/02/19 23:04:58 35.268 -92.374 6.7 ARKANSAS

Iwas wrong i said 3.5 apparently still a theory but will settle down now.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Considering most prediction sites would have said between a 2.5 and 4.0 I think you can justifiably claim a 3.4 as an impressive result!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Bob, care to discuss further predictions or how you obtained the first?

and maybe we can really narrow this down to a science?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by westcoast

Groan

There you go, happy now?

OK now I have forgotten what I was going to say! Mm. Oh yes. Do you not think that if they were using this to relieve pressure that they would possibly (a) do it closer to the New Madrid Fault and (2) spread it over a larger area, and (3) rather than introducing pressure they would attempt and electric trigger as that has been shown to have some effect in reducing stress?

It seems to me that by pumping at high pressure that they would be introducing stress rather than relieving it.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 19/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Heheheh....not as big a groan as I thought it would be.

Based on your comments here, and since (as I said) I am simply thinking outside the box, let me approach it differently:

What IF, instead of trying to prevent it...they are trying to CAUSE it? Would that make more sense, based on the 'dots' ?

With the BP drilling, I don't know HOW it would do it, only that none of it made sense. I mean, the greed part I get (unfortunately) but not anything else about how it played out. Something STANK regarding our governments involvement and reaction from begining to end. So again, I don't understand the how...but I just have a gut feeling that it is related. Puterman, what if they were doing a form of fracking out there, instead of the typical drilling? What that do to the type of composition found in the GOM? Could THAT then tie into all of this other stuff? Could that explain the wierd way the leak and fluids behaved? You know, the recent article about how they JUST discovered that fracking could also be used for oil drilling? Maybe its already been done? Anyways...thinking outloud here. Really don't know.

Going back to the Arkansas fracking and quakes. If this were more than a test, as Robin seems to be saying...but is also a part of a bigger design, and they are in fact attempting to trigger the New Madrid, than would it make sense to do it leading up to the perigee moon? WHY would they want to trigger the New Madrid, vs preventing it from happening? I mean, I know there are conspiracy theories out there about TPTB wanting to reduce the population, but I have never subscribed to those theories. I just can't see WHY they would want to do it? Like I said..just putting the ideas out there.

Robin, I hope I have not gotten too far off topic here. I am just trying to make sense of the whys. Asking questions that may lead us to totally different answers. I think one thing is clear: something is going on.

Here is a map of the 'dots' that I am seeing. Maybe for someone else, it will create a different picture:

Okay, so this map is by no means spot-on, but gives you a general idea. I think it would be good to add all the recent gas explosions too...but I just don't have time for that.

Here are a couple of other interesting maps:

And then ofcourse the interesting articles that I got those last few maps from. While I don't endorse them, I think they are worth seeing, given the topic:

Source 1

Source 2

So there you go...again, I hope this is not considered off-topic. I think it important to look at the possible correlations and possibilities.

Okay, so I quoted this since the thread is long, going fast and I didn't get any responses. Just curious whatchya'll think?

Also; in reading this thread: Massive troop deployment in gulf of mexico

I found a interesting post:

I live in south mississippi and I can tell you that something odd is going on. I'm watching "earthquakelights" as we speak and every cow on our farm is going nuts! Haven't noticed any military prescence but I do live in the sticks.

edit on 19-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Ya but then their would be lectures and traveling, naw too old,, besides one has too hold oneself too ones own standards, for in the end what else matters? me

link   
I'll call a ~2.5 ~8:45 est

And for your Lottery needs......................

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

no

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Did any one else notice that the pacific rim of fire has been verry silent for a few days. (asian side)
there was a lot of large quakes over there the past few months and now nothing really.
ever since this started here it seems its been slowed way down.
As for Alaska its always shaking there. I was on Akutan island and had tons of quakes, and evan a few volcanic eruptions.
also was camping on the back side of Mt St, Helans when it went off that was wild.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So another 'wave' of interference occuring right now on X40A in GEE.

Let's keep track and see if it correlates with an other activity. Just to rule it out.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

As far as your maps, I do believe in the predictions of Edgar Cacey…….whose predicts the US splitting into as pictured in your maps......

Time shall tell.........

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Does anyone find these MAINSTREAM news reports of foreshadowing a giant quake strange?

today.msnbc.msn.com...

Now, after analyzing the deluge of information from before, during and after the earthquake, Bouchon and his colleagues have detected repeated, accelerating blips of seismic activity before the Izmit quake, near the point where the rupture began.
Theoretical and laboratory studies of earthquakes suggest they should be preceded by slow slipping along a fault in the Earth. Before the Izmit quake began, the research suggests the fault slipped irregularly but near-continuously for 44 minutes, generating the bursts the scientists detected, as well as increasing low-frequency seismic noise.
"This will motivate seismologists to look more for these types of signals before earthquakes," Bouchon told OurAmazingPlanet. "Seismologists have kind of given up finding such signals in the early nucleation phase before earthquakes."

insciences.org...

The 1999 Izmit earthquake in Turkey is one of the best recorded in the world. For the first time, researchers from CNRS (1), Kandilli Observatory (Istanbul) and the Tubitak research center observed that the earthquake was preceded by a preparatory phase that lasted 44 minutes before the rupture of the fault. This phase, which was characterized by a distinctive seismic signal, corresponds to slow slip at depth along the fault. Detecting it in other earthquakes might make it possible to predict some types of earthquakes several tens of minutes before fault rupture. These findings are published in the 18 February 2011 issue of the journal Science.

www.abc.net.au...

It is known that some earthquakes are preceded by foreshocks, but so far scientists have been unable to distinguish foreshocks from the almost constant minor seismic activity at plate boundaries. Until foreshocks are followed by a major quake, there is no way of objectively determining that that's what they actually were

www.newscientist.com...

Advance warning is the ultimate prize for earthquake studies. Now, for the first time, one study offers tantalising evidence that it may be possible to build such a system to warn of some impending large quakes about an hour before they strike.
The finding comes from an analysis of the seismic record from the lead-up to a devastating earthquake that hit Turkey in 1999. This revealed that foreshocks rippled away from the source of the rupture in the 45 minutes before the quake – the first time that foreshocks have been conclusively linked to a major earthquake.
Theoretical models predict that the crust is unstable in the hours leading up to a major earthquake, but detecting that instability in the real world has proven a challenge.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hmmm... I been reading in a few places that the sea beds are rising... My dial up internet connection won't load this website... I tired to load it for like 10 minutes... but that happens a lot with websites for me

But this is what google tells me about the site... and here's a link to the site below it...

... A guy who monitors the NOAA national data buoy center says the data shows that the sea floor is rising by as much as 13 feet A DAY

healingispersonal.spruz.com...

Is this true? I come to think of a few of you as earthquake experts...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Alright, its doing it again (interference on GEE) this time its at two stations. Pics to come....

Edit to add: This time it is definately correlating with a small quake.

Edit to add screen shots:

Note that these are two different stations and I inlcuded one other in the shot to compare and show the quake:

So I dunno...just the stations malfunctioning with the quake signals puterman?? Or what??

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

The article was written in May 2010......just fyi

Update on that.......

Posted by bzyangl May 24th
Not sure if it was even 2010

Not putting toooooo much stock into that website.........dont waste your time attempting to download if your on dial up.......

edit on 19-2-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join