It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Your welcome. I've been checking RSOE for some time also. It wasn't till another member here told me that it wasn't a reliable source of information. There always behind or never update or wrong in there articles.

Welcome to ATS aswell

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

What can u say other than Roger Moore was not a very good bond lol

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

OK, I slagged the guy off for his appraisal of the AR area using Google Earth, and I consider I was justified in doing so. But just because someone makes a complete arse of themself once does not mean they are a complete arse all the time.

Credit where credit is due I have to say that with that film being made in the 1980s SOMEONE somewhere had to know of this effect for it to be researchable to include in the book/film. Most writers do NOT just write rubbish off the top of their heads as they have to make a plot that seems plausible.

Very good find. * 4u

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by westcoast

Groan

There you go, happy now?

OK now I have forgotten what I was going to say! Mm. Oh yes. Do you not think that if they were using this to relieve pressure that they would possibly (a) do it closer to the New Madrid Fault and (2) spread it over a larger area, and (3) rather than introducing pressure they would attempt and electric trigger as that has been shown to have some effect in reducing stress?

It seems to me that by pumping at high pressure that they would be introducing stress rather than relieving it.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 19/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Heheheh....not as big a groan as I thought it would be.

Based on your comments here, and since (as I said) I am simply thinking outside the box, let me approach it differently:

What IF, instead of trying to prevent it...they are trying to CAUSE it? Would that make more sense, based on the 'dots' ?

With the BP drilling, I don't know HOW it would do it, only that none of it made sense. I mean, the greed part I get (unfortunately) but not anything else about how it played out. Something STANK regarding our governments involvement and reaction from begining to end. So again, I don't understand the how...but I just have a gut feeling that it is related. Puterman, what if they were doing a form of fracking out there, instead of the typical drilling? What that do to the type of composition found in the GOM? Could THAT then tie into all of this other stuff? Could that explain the wierd way the leak and fluids behaved? You know, the recent article about how they JUST discovered that fracking could also be used for oil drilling? Maybe its already been done? Anyways...thinking outloud here. Really don't know.

Going back to the Arkansas fracking and quakes. If this were more than a test, as Robin seems to be saying...but is also a part of a bigger design, and they are in fact attempting to trigger the New Madrid, than would it make sense to do it leading up to the perigee moon? WHY would they want to trigger the New Madrid, vs preventing it from happening? I mean, I know there are conspiracy theories out there about TPTB wanting to reduce the population, but I have never subscribed to those theories. I just can't see WHY they would want to do it? Like I said..just putting the ideas out there.

Robin, I hope I have not gotten too far off topic here. I am just trying to make sense of the whys. Asking questions that may lead us to totally different answers. I think one thing is clear: something is going on.

Here is a map of the 'dots' that I am seeing. Maybe for someone else, it will create a different picture:

Okay, so this map is by no means spot-on, but gives you a general idea. I think it would be good to add all the recent gas explosions too...but I just don't have time for that.

Here are a couple of other interesting maps:

And then ofcourse the interesting articles that I got those last few maps from. While I don't endorse them, I think they are worth seeing, given the topic:

Source 1

Source 2

So there you go...again, I hope this is not considered off-topic. I think it important to look at the possible correlations and possibilities.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthefactsspeak
Just found this.... thought it was really interesting and thought I'd share.

c1.redgreenandblue.org...

Interested to see what you'll have to say Puterman.

Yes thanks for that . I had seen that map. I would guess that there has to be some connection with all the happenings. Whilst they have happened in the past I do find it significant that it is happening all around the areas where we KNOW natural gas is escaping through wells and fissures.

I can't say that it is caused by the for certain as I have no access to autopsy reports from a credible source, but it certainly seems likely.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
"According to geologist Aurèle Parriaux, doctor in Geology of Engineer at the Polytechnique de Lausanne, these micro-waves can reach «a magnitude of up to 3,4 on Richter scale» so a weak earthquake, though still perceivable. However the real impact of the hydraulic fracture is still to be proven"

"hydraulic fracture is still to be proven"

really?

What did Claudie Haigneré know.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sorry clicked the wrong button reply to puterman

Not necessarily this round. I think that the 1982 swarm could have been caused by tests of this sort. The other tests were done in solid bedrock which is not the case in Guy and surrounding areas. I am saying that it is possible that they may have refined the system, blew the hell out of the "Honeycombed" bedrock, allowed the radio activity to subside and are now using fracting to extract at an accelerated rate due to the possible and assumed catastrophic events to occur in late 2012. Fracting now forces the underlying support of the bedrock which is nothing more than piles of rubble to be washed away causing land shifts leading to an immanent collapse.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2011 by Agarta because: wrong button reply

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Bob I am really sorry but I just do not understand what you are saying. This woman was an astronaut and a politician and it seems that she had some sort of breakdown. She has a connection to the same institute as the geologist I referenced.

Could you please elucidate? Was she connected to the geology side of things at that institute. Are you saying that this connection invalidates that research? What are you saying?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

....of the bedrock which is nothing more than piles of rubble to be washed away causing land shifts leading to an immanent collapse.

Have you actually seen shale? We have some on the hills above our house. To describe it as a 'pile of rubble' is just.........CORRECT.

It is very loose and breaks up easily. I think I did mention this as a possible concern when I posted that video of the entrance to hell in Russia. Same sort of situation.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

OH YEAH shale literally is nothing but a pile, I realize, absolutely no doubt there. However activity as this could have truely F#*ked those piles. Now instead of the gradual slide found in nature regarding shale in large sheets as it is normally deep below the surface, the combination of shattered shale and the wash away by fracting could cause major shifts of underlying bedrock with possible collapses.

edit on 19-2-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
PuterMan,

Sorry your right just wild speculation.

" but in fairness to Claudie Haigneré saying "This woman was an astronaut and a politician" is kind of saying that Einstein was a math teacher. She was head of Sciences Dept. at Polytechnique de Lausanne. Not your average boarding school. and that the "Expert opinion" on fracking happened to come from the same institute, is purely speculation and the stuff of hollywood movies as the poster after me so kindly pointed out in the 007 movie.
edit on 19-2-2011 by BobAthome because: roger moore yuch

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Looks like they just had another little shake. Probably a bit under 2.0

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They must be fracturing down REALLY DEEP inside Alaska

MAP 4.7 2011/02/19 03:59:11 52.081 -181.812 146.0 354 km (220 mi) W of Adak, AK

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In these parts, People put shale down on their driveways. My parents us to put it on theirs also. They had to replace it every other year as it would break down into dust and disappear.

I can not imagine what all this will do to the land where They are fracking - It will be a disaster beyond belief!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Does anyone think that also recent snow melt is helping to accelerate this?
BTW, thanks for keeping us all informed. I am very concerned for those that are living near this fault.

On a side note, about a month or so ago, my husband was in the garage and yelled at me to come and look, it was a large plasma like fireball going right over our head, down the street. It was not a meteor, because it was not desending at all, and it did not have anything falling from it or breaking away, it was like a.... miniature sun. I posted our story on here right after it happened, and someone posted a link in my thread that showed others had reported it.

Now, my point is, was this a fabled plasma ball that's caused by an energy release from the earth? because there are numerous natural gas drill sites that surround this area, in fact there are two within blocks of here. We are on top of the Barnett Shale in north Texas.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Hey sick of it all, my family is from Ark/Tex area and i just wanted to tell you when I read into the energy ball the first thing i thought was it was a magma spit from somewhere and needed to be covered up quick. Could be volcanic spew?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Good theory, but I would think that if it were "volcanic spew" it would have followed the Law of Gravity, this didn't. It just flew over and kept going at the same height, it never decended, it was as if it was following some invisible line. We lost it as it disappeared behind the clouds. BTW, there were no lightning storms anywhere around that night.
Sorry back on topic, is it common for West Florida to have EQ's?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

it is not common whatsoever. it is uncommon though. i would say happens every 5 years or so...

a 3.5 is pretty large thats like every 10 years event.

I am also reading into these earthquakes at The Geysers, CA and found out The Geysers is a collection of 25 geothermal energy plants using a DEEP MAGMA POCKET as the heat souce for the steam at there generators.

So are the earthquakes by the energy companies or the deep magma pockets?

same could apply for arkansas

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

9Cib27, I am interested in the lunar effects on earthquakes as well. I only have a small section in my links list. Anything you could post I will most definitely include in the masterlist.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Actually more on topic in some ways than you might think. Ah, the electric universe and electric earthquakes.

A fascinating subject and of course all based on plasma.

reply to post by 9Cib27

Sorry but that is a strawman argument. Just because these quakes may be caused by fracking does not mean all quakes are caused by fracking.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join