It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 270
<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I am concerned about that myself. I have been having a lot of dizziness over the past couple of days. I live in Northern Arkansas. The quakes in Colorado and Virginia hit almost exactly 12 hrs apart and they are pretty close to the same lattitude. I am going to be very nervous between 12 and 1 tonight.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

I'm checking the threads periodically. Ears have been killing me for the last few days. I thought the 2nd chemo might have made it worse as a side effect but its not listed for either drug..I'll be watching when I can fixing to have 3 days of post chemo hell, but only 4 more to go.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by Robin Marks

What is the likelihood that the New Madrid fault may be triggered by these quakes today?

It is in the middle of the two (Colorado and Virginia)

I think it's highly likely. That doesn't mean today, or tomorrow. But soon. Since I believe that these type of quakes are clustered, then it means there's more to shake out. The Virgina quake will put stress loads on nearby areas.

You know I'm not scare mongering. And I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it. I was expecting larger quakes near the New Madrid. You can't have a swarm as significant as the Arakansas swarm without effecting another area.

Please, stay safe. Review your plans. Even have a practise run so you don't have to think when something happens.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf

I am concerned about that myself. I have been having a lot of dizziness over the past couple of days. I live in Northern Arkansas. The quakes in Colorado and Virginia hit almost exactly 12 hrs apart and they are pretty close to the same lattitude. I am going to be very nervous between 12 and 1 tonight.

Good point

When I looked at how the two quakes lie on the same latitude line, I saw how the New Madrid is EXACTLY in the middle....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

Prayers go out and up for you Lois. Hang in there doll. My honey got me a juicer at wally world for 50 bucks, might be a good way to get concentrated nutrients with less volume t consume. But thats another thread....

Like Robin said, there is going to be more going on, just keep checking with us as you feel up to it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Actually, there is a lil' activity on the ...New Madrid Fault?

Small, but it is on the same latitude line as Colordao and Virginia epicenters...

truthfrequencynews.com...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong....looks North of Memphis, near St. Louis

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Those quakes are normal. There's usually a few right in that area. Yes, it's north of Memphis. They're right ontop the New Madrid Seismic Zone.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Now that dead fish activity is coming to mind.....

Someone started a thread on this a few days ago, about 3000 dead fish had turned up in a lake/pond in Murfreesboro TN
edit on 23-8-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Here's what I wrote on Quake Watch.
Here's my conclusion.

Okay, I figured it out. It's a long story, so hold on.

I won't detail too much of the events in Arkansas for the past year. It should be obvious to all that regularly read this thread. But they are intregal to the plot. They are the reason for the stress loads on the Colorado and Virginia zones. Notice Arkansas is quiet. Not a fluke.

First we must think about microsiesms. They are small signatures that come from oceans waves and tides. Recently a tropical waves created very enegetic microsiesms on many siesmos. It's hurricane season and these strong waves preceeded the weather setup that will bring the enegetic hurricanes. But the Atlantic was not the only place that was experiencing hurricanes. There was coincidentally a hurricane of Mexico at the same time producing large waves. And the moon was creating high tides.

So that's our opening for the second chapter. The first rare inland quake was Chihauhau Mexico. I would have forgetten it by now, but when looking back it makes perfect sense. Actually, it was at that time I developed the first part of my hypotesis. I made the claim that the ocean waves triggered the quake. It wasn't a strong case. But I made it nonetheless.

We know what happened starting with Colorado. Let me explain how it happened. Remember these zones were ready to fault because of the addition loads from Arkansas/Oklahoma/Texas. You can see them in isolation. They are connected. In many ways.

First, to explain properly, I need you to imagine a tuning fork. Instead of it held upright with the two arms pointing upward, turn it upside so the arms point to the ground. Now imagine Florida, or look at a map if you must. Now look at Mexico where is narrows as it stretches into Central America. There. You have a tuning fork. The Florida Pennisula acts as it's one of the arms on the tuning fork. And South Mexico acts as the other arm. Imagine the handle extending up through the middle of the USA.

The waves where hammering the arms of this geological fork just as you would hit a tuning fork with it's hammer. You get a resonance. And the waves sent small waves toward the middle of the continent.

First Chihauhau went off. And then Colorado started it's swarm. Virgina then released it's energy. But what was the exact trigger? Wait, let me stop there. The resonse of the waves from the ocean would have passed through the ground water. These vibrations would shake loose soils and created erosion. This erosion would weaken faults. It's almost like liquifecation.

But there's something else. The resonance itself, and what cyrstal do when resonsated at the right frequency. They shake. In Windsor Ontario, they've been hearing strange humming coming from the ground. I thought this was simply as a result of the mining industry in the salt mines. But no. They ruled out industrial activity. But it was the mines, and the salt. The salt, which is a cyrstal can resonsate. And the mines act as a loud speaker. Notice that Windsor would be near the top of your tuning fork.

So, we have ocean tropical waves creating microsiesms which resonate through the crust. They encounter salt and cyrstal formation and the mine shafts amplify the waves. Hence you get the ground moaning. Must have been spooky.

So, how does that relate to Colorado and Virginia. Easy. The both have coalmines near by. To the southwest of Colorado there's a coal mine. And waster water injection. But I won't go there for the time being. But water is in the mix, but not as the main catalyst. West Viginia is famous for it's mines. The waves from the ocean resonated, Hell maybe the coal, isn't it a cyrstal, just black, maybe I'm wrong, watching Breaking Bad in order to improve my chemistry skills. Or there could be quartz mix in and when this quartz vibrated, the waves were amplified. This shaking pushed an already over stressed fault system beyond it's threshold.

So, that's how it went down. I really don't care if you don't believe it. I complety believe my hypothesis. My story. I've been watching the siesmos constantly over the last few weeks. That's why I can follow the sequence of events and add them all together. I simple observed the patterns and noted the activity, then looked around to observe other phenomenon and studying the links. It's a chain of events. It's a chain reaction and it all started one year ago in Arkansas. It started with a tiny quake.

And you wonder why I obsess on the tiny ones. I'll let Muzzy and Puterman give me an education on the big ones. But those teeny tiny ones, they're mine. I'm only interested in the big ones in relation to the small ones because that's how the whole thing begins. Earthquakes are the ground moving. And that movement at first is usually small. Imperceptable almost.

That's why Sherlock had a magnifying glass. So he could see the small stuff. Ironic. Sherlock's fater gave his brother Mycroft his magnifying glass in his will.

That's my conclusion. That's my story. And I'm sticking to it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
AR Geologists Prepare to Send Quake Equipment to Virginia

arkansasmatters.com...

Hope the link works and wonder what stations they are sending up there. I know they need more but we still need them too especially if your right Robin.
edit on 23-8-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I noticed this too earlier. Have to keep a close watch on everything. I really hope they don't trigger anything else, but if you look at the station throughout Arkansas and New Madrid there looks like activity but it still could be showing the other quakes.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I've been keeping my eyes on Arkansas, and I've noticed nothing being triggered. All seems very quiet. In fact, completely quiet. I noticed you had rain roll through. Was it a lot or just a passing thunderstorm.

I got to show my older son your video on Nightline. He was impressed and though we did a good job. I told him I helped you learn about quakes. He knows I'm obsessed. He's had to deal with me and couldn't escape like those of you that can just turn off the computer when you've had enough of me. Yesterday, we were talking for about twenty minutes or so, I had been giving him financial advice. And helping him heal is shoulder. I finally asked him if he had heard about the Washington quake. He responded by saying, "Wow, that took way longer than I thought."

I said, What?
He explained that he contacted me as soon as he heard the news and what to know what I thought. He was shocked that I hadn't brought it up in the begining.

I said, "I am talking to you, and you brought up some things you want to know about. Now that we've finished, I wondered if you had heard the big news. Because, you are the center of my universe. You wanted information, so that's what I gave you."

I'm really hoping to see my other son soon. Been tough. Cross my fingers, it'll be next week.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

My fingers are crossed for you Robin. I'm watching it too and everything else, just not commenting much. Yes we have had rain and thunderstorms rolling thru, think most are pretty much gone now and hitting Louisiana, which needs it also. Wish we could send some to Texas and FL will be getting a share off the hurricane.

I'm really glad nothing major is going on and things hopefully will calm back down soon. The quakes yesterday were a wake up call to the east coast, but as one of the other ATS threads said and I think it was westcoast that posted it but they seem to be all along the 37 degree line, if the swarms in Arkansas and NM created more pressure on surrounding areas that no one was aware of, are they now going to swing it back this direction, sure hope not but keep a watchful eye out. I know the problems here were created by fracking and injection wells and the areas hit yesterday have the same issue's going on in them. Just hoping it's released some pressure and will die out. Lots of info flying everywhere about it and possible causes and doomsday scenario's etc..All we can do is watch and wait it out for now.

Thank you for sharing that, very kind. Hoping you get to see your other son very soon. Still keeping you in my prayers.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Hi Susan!!! (and others mainly on this thread) I haven't posted her for awhile....frankly, because I really didn't have anything to add.(But I've been thinking about you)

I just wanted to tell you that I have been watching these two odd quakes closely and my gut is telling me to watch the midwest...especially the Oklahoma area. No real scientific reason for it, but I know you and some others can appreciate instinct.

Things are too quiet today in both Colorado and Virginia. Too quiet.
edit on 24-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Love you Susan. Tell Angel I love her too. Just tell her I hate facebook. I love you Sunflower. You wanted to learn. I hope you did. Hell, I'm too smart to say that. I know you did.

I love you all.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Hi westcoast,

Yeah I know, tends to make one uneasy and something is up, but I sure hope it stays that way, don't want to say that word again and jinx anything. LOL! : ) I"m staying updated, just not commenting much, still so much to learn with it all.

Stay safe!
edit on 24-8-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

We all love you too Robin, hang in there and keep up the good work you are doing.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Loves you too Robin.

We are a family. Though space and distance separate us physically, love binds us together.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Hi westcoast,

Colorado just kicked up again My ears are still ringing. LOL

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 3.2
Date-Time

Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 03:44:41 UTC
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 09:44:41 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 37.263°N, 104.862°W
Depth 7.4 km (4.6 miles) (poorly constrained)
Region COLORADO
Distances 32 km (19 miles) WNW of Trinidad, Colorado
38 km (23 miles) S of Walsenburg, Colorado
54 km (33 miles) NW of Raton, New Mexico
273 km (169 miles) S of DENVER, Colorado

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I just saw that...once again on the 37 line

I hope that it doesn't keep going on that line back to VA...who knows..maybe it will, maybe it wont. All I know, I am in VA very close to that 37 mark that the quakes are happening on...I'm on 36+...

top topics

<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join