It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Did you guys get lots of rain yesterday?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There has been four earthquakes in Central Arkansas in the last 24 hours.

2.4M Quitman
2.8M Greenbrier
2.3M Greenbrier
2.2M Quitman

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin, as far as I`m concerned, it`s four too many!

Do you have any ideas about what may be triggering them again?

We did have rain and storms the last few days, but (at least here) the rain wasn`t as much as we had hoped.
Its been so dry there are burn bans in most of the state.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Yes rain the past 2 days, not today. Full moon too, suppose to be back in upper 90's by Monday.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

Simply, I think the rain triggered the quakes. Just before the newest quakes, I noticed a signature that I suspected was thunder. I checked the radar and saw a storm crossing Arkansas. It was not long afterward there was a return to activity after a long pause. Quite the weather pattern this year. Lots of rain, followed by flooding. Then a heatwave and a lack of rain. Southern Ontario and other parts of the US are experiencing the same thing.

The moon. Oh yes, the big pump handle in the sky. This too may be a factor. The moon moves the water around underground.

The Quitman quakes have me thinking hard. I can't forget that house explosion near that well. And Quitman has had several in the last month or so. I think Quitman is the next swarm area.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Isnt' there an injection well around Quitman. Will have to go take a look at that but I think there may be.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The St. Louis area will be experiencing extreme heat (100 degree days from Saturday the 16th to Sat the 23rd) and drought conditions.

I can't find it online but the Fox News affiliate in St. Louis has mentioned that there is a lot of "earthquake re-enforcement" work being done this year on the roads and bridges.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Lots of new quakes. I posted my thoughts on Quake Watch.

Susan, I know they're drilling near Quitman, I don't know about an injection site. I'll have to have a look on the biblography.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yes I know Robin, we also lost power last night and not sure why and my ears are ringing badly again and nauseated again.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I just checked on the latest quakes closer to Russelville, and there are pads everywhere around them.

I don`t understand why the state hasn`t stepped in, especially with them being closer to Nuclear One.

I noticed more Natural Gas commercials running last night than I`ve ever seen,too.

Maybe the industry got a "heads up" ahead of the hearing that things are going to go their way, and they`ve ramped up production.

I hope I`m way off base here.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In the remaining Fayetteville Shale Development Area outside the Permanent Moratorium Area, the Director will
propose additional requirements for any new disposal wells. These requirements may include the submission of
detailed seismic data to identify fault zones, the creation of setbacks from fault zones, the establishment of
spacing between disposal wells, and the requirement to install seismic instruments in close proximity to each
new or existing disposal well in the Fayetteville Shale Development Area. From the AOGC site it was posted on facebook, have to find the link for it.

www.aogc.state.ar.us...
edit on 20-7-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Thanks,Susan!

I hope you are feeling better today.

The furbabies are needing to play,I`m sure!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I'm sorry Susan, you know I take this seriously, but I'm giggling. It's absurd really.
Was there any foresight ever?
Also, the events of the past year have taught them nothing. They think spacing them will stop the problem. They'll set them back from faultines. That's funny. Given that they only know about the faultlines that have had a history of movement. The other bazillion unknown faults that criss-cross the state are hidden and dormant.

Pin the tail on the donkey.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
My kingdom for a map with the injection well sites!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I"m looking for the maps
Robin is this the link you are wanting to see it in google earth
www.aogc.state.ar.us...

edit on 20-7-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I tried that one. Something don't work on the Google Earth thingy. Here's where I confess, I hate when things on the computer give me trouble. If it ain't automatic, I ain't bothering to figure out what's wrong with it. The map I'm wanting was just a regular map with well sites and injection sites. I don't even think it was up to date.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

a4gda.blogspot.com...
Is this it?

I`m looking,too.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Going back thru my files to see if I have it

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

www.geology.ar.gov...
Try this one....

Maybe its helpful (the download files,anyway)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

Yes, that's the map I was looking for. But now I got a problem. I also found the map of wells independently. Except the map I found is different. Well, not exactly. I have the same map, just from an earlier date and there is a difference. The map you provide, which should be current, was from the Arkansas Geological Survey and it should be correct.

I knew there was a screen shot of the wells on my other thread. I checked both and found that on the old map, there is an injection well south of Quitman, but not on the current map.

Check the map on here... you'll notice that well 178, I think, or 2874, is labelled as an injection site.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then on the current map, it's listed as a regular well.

Very curious. I bet there is an injection well near Quitman. There's just nothing to prove it at the moment.

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join