It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 265
<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
ur44lois, keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery! Take good care of yourself.

Just lost my 57 year old brother-in-law to prostate cancer in May. Heard of another 5 year old over the weekend with cancer. They say we're a hot spot. So many cases and even young children. There have been a few cases in our extended family too, but I'm beginning to realize that we've been pretty lucky overall.

Okay everyone, I'm looking for reports of birds dropping out of the sky!!! If the "experts" claim fireworks did it on New Year's Eve, then there should be tons of little, bitty, birdie bodies around after three days of country wide celebrations!!! Around here every town & city had them spread over the course of the three day weekend. Granted there is a lot of foliage this time of year, and they would be harder to see than on snow or dead grass, but there should be way more birds around too. So someone should have seen something by now. More people are out & about this time of year too! So thoughts & observations anyone?

Any "experts" out there reading this? L, L, L O L !!!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

Lois... stay strong and know that you have a loving and positive support system right here for you! You are in my thoughts and my prayers. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There have been no earthquakes in the Guy/Greenbier area in over a week.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've had an idea floating around in my head for quite awhile now. There's nobody on the planet that wants to solve the energy problem more than myself. When you consider the math of the problem, on many levels, it is a very easy solution, and there should not be a crisis.

One solution is sidewalks that produce electricity. One day I thought about how many legs there were in the world walking around. Exerting all that downward force. We should have energy producing sidewalks. It seem obvious when I thought about a busy New York street. I've had a few brilliant thoughts in my time. I've had a full blown epiphany. Where I was walking and talking to myself and care not what others thought of my conversation. Me, myself, and I, were the only ones who could grasp the scope of my deductions.

But this idea seemed too obvious not to have been thought of before. I even thought about trying to spread my idea. But then I realized the politics and the logisitics, so, since I've been on too many fool's journeys, I let it be.
Today, the thought was bugging me again. I was wondering, what the hell is wrong with us? It's too easy.

The solutions have nothing to due with math or physics. Sure, there's some design issues and experiments needed. But we're way behind Disney's version of ourselves. I thought, someone, somewhere has to have had the idea and there must be a plan. So, I looked it up on our big internet library. (support your local libraries, they still need your patronage, I just paid a 17.00 fine) It appears that not only has someone draw up some plans, they're actually testing the idea.

Sometimes you need to find answers to your questions that are affirming. I've recently been finding too many answers I didn't want to hear about. The trend was depressing. Although this is a gimmick now, it's happening. The ideas are there and they will keep breaking through the surface. I am an cynic, but this makes me face the fact that we are indeed an adaptive, creative society. When we want to be. And when we're being corrupted.

The internet was just an idea that had a lot of bugs in the begining. And there's still loads of problems. But it's always improving, always expanding. Because of the freedom of ideas to find their way into the broad public forum. Then the innovators take the ideas and make them accessable to the whole world. We need to place the same emphasis on our energy problems.

So, world, you've heard me groan and call our collective bunch morons. And worse. But I don't forget the good. It's just I want less bad, and more good.

If the news is bad, don't blame this reporter.
I'll report the good- it's just so damn hard to find...,

www.greenbiz.com...

vimeo.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
ASN Seismographs going nuts -or- has someone jacked-up the sensitivity on them? Anyone know?

Arkansas Seimological Network
edit on 6-7-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Added ASN Network Link...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

This is probably why...

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, July 06, 2011 at 19:03:16 UTC
Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 07:03:16 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
20 km (12.4 miles)
Region
KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION
Distances
161 km (100 miles) E (93°) from Raoul Island, Kermadec Islands
913 km (567 miles) S (186°) from NUKU'ALOFA, Tonga
3007 km (1868 miles) WSW (239°) from PAPEETE, Tahiti, French Polynesia
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 14.1 km (8.8 miles); depth +/- 4.4 km (2.7 miles)
Parameters
NST=620, Nph=625, Dmin=168.1 km, Rmss=1.02 sec, Gp= 18°,
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=B
Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc0004pbm

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Say it ain't so!
You mean oil companies break the law and don't tell the truth. It can't be.
I've seen their commercials. There's always happy music and promises that they are good citizens only trying to make a better world for you and me.
www.nytimes.com...

I mean, I watch PBS Newshour and I always hear Chevron telling me they are wonderful.

Here's some of their claims.

"Oil Companies SHOULD support the communities they are a part of."
Notice the word should. It does not say MUST.

"Oil Companies SHOULD put their profits to good use."
There's no definition of good use. I suspect a good use is buying private jets and second and third homes for CEOs.

Chevron says that I'd be surprised what we can agree on.
I wouldn't be surprised if we agree on much. I'd be so shocked that I'd have a brain hemmorage.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hello all, I've been watching this thread from the beginning and find all the information and speculation very informative. I've also been following the Japan earthquake and Fukushima from the beginning. As a result I have been monitoring some other sites regarding earthquakes. One I monitor is this.

Live Earthquakes Map

"Earthquake Data Imported From USGS Feed"

I saw the following data when it first appeared and assumed it was some anomaly that would be resolved or removed before long. However it is still there and I have not heard anyone mention it. Has anyone else noticed this, if so what do you make of it? I did notice a couple in New Hampshire and New York yesterday but they were much later than this appeared along the Maine/Canada border.

Type: Earthquake
43 hours ago
Magnitude: -0.3
DateTime: Thursday July 7 2011, 23:27:54 UTC
Region: Canada
Depth: 178 km.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Look at Quake Watch thread.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I checked into that tiny quake and posted my thoughts on Quake Watch. Also, there was a small quake north of Enola, Arkansas. I also posted some thoughts about that there as well.

Wait, PBS had good report on Yellowstone Oil Spill.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Interesting read. Dont know if this is the year or if it will never happen again. But never can tell. Dont know if you had read the thread I had put up about the similarities between now and and 1811 leading up to the big New Madrid quake, but welcome to participate. No predictions or fear mongering there just some odd similarities and thinking out loud. Thanks for the read. F & S.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
CBS's 60 minutes just rebroadcast their fracking report. I'm sure I've posted it, but here it is again if you missed it.

www.cbsnews.com...

Here's something I want to analyse.
From the transcript,

""Part of the fracturing process involves you pouring down some pretty nasty chemicals. What happens if they spill all over the place?" Stahl asked Aubrey McClendon.

"Okay, let's define nasty chemicals," he replied. "Nasty chemicals are underneath your sink. The reality is, you don't drink Drano for a reason, but you have Drano in your house. If you want to define them as nasty, go ahead."

"There are nasty chemicals that affect your liver, that cause cancer, that shut down your system," Stahl pointed out.

"You don't want to drink frack fluid. If you take away nothing from this interview...," McClendon replied.

"But isn't there a possibility, a possibility that you go down and something seeps and it gets into the water supply, gets into the aquifer?" Stahl asked.

"Ah, that's the fear isn't it?" McClendon replied.

"Well yes. Of course that's the fear," she remarked.

"But fresh water aquifers are only from the surface to about one thousand feet below the surface of the earth, okay? We are fracking wells at depths of 7, 8, 10, 12 thousand feet. Okay? So there is almost two miles of rock between where we are active and where fresh water is drawn from," McClendon said."

Yes, there is two miles of rock between the shale and the aquifer. But wait, since the shale is under the aquifer, how do you get to the shale without going through the aquifer.
You can't. He's being deceptive. They must drill through the aquifer. The only thing between the drill bore and the aquifer is the cement casing between the bore hole and the aquifer.

So, the truth is there is not two miles of rock between where they are active and where the water is drawn from.
There is less than a foot. And if the cement casing is broken. There is zero distance between the activity and the aquifer.

Lies, lies and more lies.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Thanks much to all of you for the good wishes. Chemo starts next week as it stands now.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ur44lois
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Thanks much to all of you for the good wishes. Chemo starts next week as it stands now.

Thanks for the update, Lois.

Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Star for you

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

Thoughts and prayers to you from here as well

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This thread is gettinbg way to long for no major activity in the southeatern USA.

I want some major rumblin or close er out...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
On the Colbert Report last night, New York State's debate on fracking was front and center. I'd post the segment, but I'm in Canada, and I can't access the American channel.

Here's something that you ain't gonna believe.
Or will!
The propaganda is now being targeted at children...

www.post-gazette.com...

www.talismanusa.com...

The Mississippi is a fascinating river. I often look at the wild bends in the river and it looks likes the path of a drunk trying to find his way home. The most dramatic bend is right near New Madrid. Yes, the region as been a bit quiet lately. But the last few days it's returned to a more normal state of affairs. At one point, the northeast near Maine was more active.

The lastest quake, although tiny, was right at that wild bend near New Madrid.

maps.google.com...(M1.6+-+TENNESSEE+-+2011+July+12++00%3A26%3A59+UTC)&ll=36.5428,-89.5365&spn=2,2&f=d&t=h&hl=e

edit on 12-7-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
This thread is gettinbg way to long for no major activity in the southeatern USA.

I want some major rumblin or close er out...

I quess you're right if you compare this thread to the others here on ATS. This tired, aged thread, which is a lot like me, should by all rights, be put down like an lame horse.

It's obvious that most of the party guests have left, and since there is no excitement or entertainment, I guess I should turn the lights out.

Except...
I've never known when the party was over.
And I do things a bit differently.

I do things my way...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-7-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join