It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 264
<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I was checking the radar for Joplin this morning and the radar image below looked interesting.........

I placed the post here due to the fact that it's the only active thread that also covers the Madrid Fault....

A few minutes later

edit on 27-6-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I've been seeing those circular patterns a lot this year, and I've never seen them before. At first I thought it was just ground interference from a city, or possibly interference from another Doppler system affecting the waves, but as I watched a storm earlier this year, I watched the circular pattern move with the storm. If it were some type of interference or echo, the pattern would be stationary as the storm moved past. Therefore, it is something more than typical. I hate to say it, but..........HAARP?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That radar pattern didn't show up on the other stations I checked. I believe it's technical.

Here's a story on liquefaction.

www.hawkesbaytoday.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Here is the animated radar for this time period. Probably a glitch but it does look interesting........

Animated Image

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There is no link between earth movement and liquid injection. No link between ground water and slippage. What are those things called, earthquakes?

Saw this a couple days ago.

By Charles Q. Choi, OurAmazingPlanet Contributor
LiveScience.com | LiveScience.com – Tue, Jun 28, 2011

The San Andreas Fault is overdue for "the big one," and the efforts by humans to control flooding in the area could be the reason for the recent lull in temblors, a new study suggests.

Their findings suggest that episodic flooding of the lake by the Colorado River during the past 1,200 years triggered earthquakes on small faults underlying the lake. These, in turn, could have impacted the nearby San Andreas Fault, apparently causing it to rupture with large earthquakes.

"We didn't set out to study the relationship between flooding and earthquakes — the idea presented itself while we were interpreting our data and realized we couldn't separate the timing of flooding and fault rupture," he added.

The scientists detailed their findings in the June 26 issue of the journal Nature Geoscience.

Flooding and Earthquakes

If there is a possible, potential, plausible correlation between lack of earth movement related to flood control and diminished, large earthquakes making Southern California ‘overdue’ for the big one, what does that say for:

1) Wastewater disposal through injection? Isn’t that fracking concoction of chemicals a lubricant?

2) New Madrid area changes in ground water?

So, people here are already on the right bandwagon, even if it is an unpopular one.

If decreased intrusion of water through the substrate may be linked to decreased large events in California and it seems that water available for percolation into substrate in the Midwest has decreased due to ‘flood control’ as well as extraction for agriculture – particularly upstream – less water is available for downstream areas, what is the potential impact on the size of the next New Madrid Fault Zone major event?

Is it possible to make a correlation between east and west (midwest) on the North American continent?

It seems that flood control and water consumption have changed the nature of the Colorado River. Water from the Colorado River no longer reaches the Gulf of California and continuing political battles rage about how much water the US should be made to allow to flow in to Mexico. Our agricultural vs. their agricultural industry …

I think there are some similarities between the systems. I also think this study gives credence to the impact that forceful water intrusion was/is/may still have on the events in Arkansas.

Time will tell what the influence is of water escaping its containment and flooding vast areas may have on geologic process.

I think Robin is correct in suppositioning that there will be resistance to restart injection in the Greenbrier area because it might just prove industry influenced the intensity of the swarm.

Unfortunately that doesn’t mean there won’t be battles about consequences of fracking in other areas.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There have been some crazy cloud formations in the skies over Memphis Tn. in the last 3 months.

I am the one who witnessed that rainbow cloud a few months back and have been researching cloud formations pertaining to quake related ionospheric disturbances.

I now have a camera that takes decent pictures and will be uploading them as I take them.

I would really appreciate someone hooking me up to a link to a infrared heat signature for this area over the last 6 mos.....................................Pete

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
There have been some crazy cloud formations in the skies over Memphis Tn. in the last 3 months.

I am the one who witnessed that rainbow cloud a few months back and have been researching cloud formations pertaining to quake related ionospheric disturbances.

I now have a camera that takes decent pictures and will be uploading them as I take them.

I would really appreciate someone hooking me up to a link to a infrared heat signature for this area over the last 6 mos.....................................Pete

Hey Pete

I have noticed what you are talking about....something may be a'brewing..

I am always watching the heavens

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

I don't know if this occurred in Memphis as well, but a couple of days ago there were isolated storms over parts of Arkansas that were moving west into Oklahoma. I know it's not unheard of for storms to travel opposite of the jet stream, but it doesn't happen very often and definitely made me scratch my head and keep my eyes on the sky.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lacyisarobot

Last week we had a nasty storm go by as well.

I noticed that this certain cloud formation is almost fixed, while the nastiness was brewing and whizzing by at what seemed to be a 10:1 speed ratio..............Crazy.

edit on 1-7-2011 by radpetey because: I am grammer challanged

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey

I agree! A few days ago the clouds looked crazy enough that my husband noticed them.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I noticed something odd on my way home tonight. It was around 9:08pm CST, just a bit north of Enola, the clump of woods just past the old gutted house, it was in that group of woods just after the curve on the right.

I'll add a google map; and as you'll notice, Hwy 107 takes an immediate left turn going west, in the center of the map. The woods were on the right-hand side of the road, which would be North side of Hwy 107.

Google Map North of Enola - Hwy 107

I heard a strong static discharge on my radio, and it was like what lightning would produce. Then at the same time, in the right-hand side, in the woods a bit, I saw a flash, like a flash from a camera. The two were in sync, and I thought it odd until I remembered the Enola Swarm. Could this have been an electromagnetic discharge, because it resembled a "pulse," and it being audible on my radio supports this theory. Anyone notice anything on the seismographs?

Arkansas Seismic Network has some sort of anomaly for 9:08 pm CST, and that was just about the time I saw that flash. Is the Enola Swarm acting-up?

Arkansas Seismic Network - Woolly Hollow

There's an even bigger spike on the seismograph for Cane Creek seismograph:

Cane Creek Seismograph - Link
edit on 1-7-2011 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Added Google Map

edit on 1-7-2011 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There are currently severe thunderstorms over Northwest Arkansas moving east to west. This is the second time this week I've notice this "rare occurrence".

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Exxon says it deeply regrets the spill...

Are you getting sick of their song and dance?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Here's a song that haunts me...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-7-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin and everyone... did you see the new thread about the New Madrid area?

ATS Thread - New Madrid Fault And Interesting Reserach....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lacyisarobot

The storms that you mentioned just popped up right over the area where we live. They were odd. There were no storms in the forecast, and we were actually planning on heading to the river to cool off since it was so hot outside. I had checked the radar less than 30 minutes before the storms hit because I always do that before we go swimming around here. There was nothing on the radar. I stepped outside with my son who was getting ready to leave, and the sky was gray in areas and there was a low rumbling in the distance that did not stop. I asked my son if it was thunder, and he said that he didn't think so because it was constant and not changing. Then the wind started blowing really hard and we had a huge downpour "followed" by normal thunder and then about 20 minutes later some lightning. It seemed like the storm was in reverse compared to usual storms around here. I went in and checked the radar on weather.com and it showed a red cell right on top of us but I was unable to track the future of the storm because the "Next 6 hours" button was showing the storm heading east when the storm was actually tracking west. It hit Fayetteville after it hit us and Fayetteville is west of us. The winds were blowing every direction. It was really odd.

My husband mentioned that he had heard from his father that right before a major earthquake out in California that the Santa Ana winds were blowing the wrong direction. Has anyone ever heard of that?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sorry its been a while since I checked in.

Here is a bibliography of resources we have sited during the development of this thread. Reposted for our new contributors. www.abovetopsecret.com... It's in need of an update, but will get to it soon, I hope.

I feel we are really blessed, since spring rain and floods have threatened the area, we haven't had as much underground activity. So many variables in play in this area. But the most obvious one has been since moratoriums on drilling new wells, and suspension of fracking in some wells have seemed to have a direct correlation to the activity that we had been observing from Feb into the Spring season. I can only hope the state of NY wises up like PA and AR and don't have to reinvent the wheel on fracking. We need to be watching the seismos in that area as leases are being negotiated as we speak and development will be under way soon. But thats it's own thread if it starts up. You are welcome to use any and all references in the bibliography. Please study and become informed.

There is all kinds of geological data about New Madrid Fault as well as fracking. Lots of variables, as I said, for this area and its potential for bigger earthquake activity. This thread is complex and dynamic, and if nothing else flexible.

Cheer everyone, hope you are having a safe and happy holiday weekend.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Sunflower thanks for always reposting that link I keep meaning to save it and get distracted and forget. Been a while since I checked in also. Sudden diagnosis of cancer, surgery and trying to recover. I'm still trying to keep up though. Husband is traveling to South Carolina this week which makes me nervous him being on the east side of the Mississippi but hopefully things will be ok. Weird storms in Nwa too

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Scientific evidence shows that “every time there is a large earthquake, the earth rings like a bell. A bell is hollow. The Earth could not ring like a bell if it were full of molten lava. The molten lava would absorb all the vibrations.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Could you post a link to that info? I am not sure what you mean by ring like a bell? Is this something that can be heard?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

ur44lois, I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Have a speedy and blessed recovery. Many prayers go up and out for you darlin. I have promised an update, life got/is getting busy taking care of the folks. But, soon I promise.

Look at it this way, part of you physical and mental therapy will be to spend x amount of time with us on ATS! Hope to see you around a bit. (A good long bit, at that!)

top topics

<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join