It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I was wondering if you'd feel the Missouri quake. Missouri, the home of New Madrid.

Given the location, you'll notice that the Missouri river is to the north, and the Mississippi is to the east. I've noticed in the news that levees are falling along the Missouri river to the west. I know the area was in flood stage a few weeks ago, but I figured the surge of water has moved to the south. But there are flood warnings in many counties along the Missouri River. And remember, the flooding in the northwest Missouri, will be heading downstream to make it's way to the Mississippi. These great moving volumes of water are putting a stress on faults. I believe the spring melts and storms have lubricated the works. This mass would not be a constant. Floods surge. So, if you factor in the Missouri River flooding, you'll see there will be two pronounced surges.

The weather has been cool in the northern states where the Missouri River flows. There's still snow melting in the mountains and there has been significant rains. All along the U.S., Canada border, there cold artic air mass and the hot humid southerly flow are clashing. This means there is much more water to come.

Water is the element to watch. It is essential for life. And it's the biggest killer and most destructive force on the planet.

What has everyone in the central and northeastern US been talking about this year?
The weather. The tornados. The rain. The floods.

What's everyone taking about it Texas and other southern states?
The rain. Or rather, the lack of it.

Susan. You should come live where I am. I live on top of one of the biggest lakes in the world. It's an area of old worn down mountains, lakes and forest. When storms approach us, it's like watching waves on a rocky shoreline. The topography shreds apart the storms. There is a natural buffer here. Of course, one day, we'll get a big forest fire. Or maybe a serious suprer cell coming off the pairies that produces of bad winds. Or hail. Hell, no place is safe exactly.

But the destruction brought down upon the central US this year seems unrelenting.
I won't breath a word about the thoughts on climate change.
Because no one likes an I told you so...

Well, Susan, at least we can say the Arkansas is not getting any 3+ quakes. And the swarm seems to be still diminishing.

They will never start up the two injection wells again. In fact, it would be preferable if they did start them up for awhile. Because when they did, the swarm would start again, and then you'd have absolute proof. Of course, it would upset you, and no one would like the experience of a return to siemisity. But it would be conclusive.

They don't want it to be conclusive. The gas boys will never operate those two injection wells again. They've got the others. And the doubt casts a fog. They like to operate in the fog of war.

I still hold that when you take the recent events in Arkansas, and the exceptional year of flooding, all things taken together, the risk of a major earthquake, I mean earthquakes, along Mississippi is greatly increased.

Why am I writing instead of in the garden?
Blame it on the rain.

goodbye La Nina,

hello, who knows?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
The 4.2 in Mo. knocked down a light fixture in our house it's now hanging by the wire. I think the fault they found is a lot longer than they think....
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Adding a photo link to my facebook page.
www.facebook.com...
edit on 7-6-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

The epicenter was in RIchwoods Mo, not New Madrid.. and a friend of ours lives in St Clair. the town over. Said it was very mild and didnt do anything, much less wake the dogs. She said is was subtle shaking and it stopped in seconds.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Well my dogs went off. They are usually little angel till about 6 am and want out then, but they were carrying on from about 2:30 this morning on. It makes me wonder about the fault lines.They did downgrade it to a 3.9.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

We might just consider that real soon Robin. Any good real estate agents up that way you'd recommend? _javascript:icon('
') I'm watching things and have been pretty quiet but the plumb bob has been showing movement and a pretty good bit and it's constantly moving again. We got a pretty good shake to knock that fixture out of that ceiling, granted it was probably weakened by the previous quake we have been getting. I'm glad no one was sleeping in there, but it does help show what can happen if something hits at night when everyone is asleep.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
well, I felt the thing.

I was awakened by what I thought was my son dragging a kitchen chair across the floor-a stuttering, thumping long drawn out noise. The house gently swayed. Then it was over. I would say 20-45 secs here but it felt longer.

The animals were calm. I think they are jaded from all the bad storms.

I reported it to the USGS.

When I heard about the quake, I first thought of the water and the levees and how some areas of STL are so very dry.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Still experiencing drought conditions here in the Texas Gulf Coast.

Hurricane season is here though, so that may change in the coming days.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Everyone Check out White Oak Lake. Some of the stations are not coming up on CERI for Arkansas. This does not look good and it's on the new strongmotion station too.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

OK some of the other stations are showing now.
edit on 8-6-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't know the details or history but I received an appeal today from the Sierra Club to contact the White House about fracking practices. It sounds like grassroots activism is getting attention. I wonder who these "experts" are? Will they be representatives and promoters from the industry or individuals with real concern about the current resource extraction practices?

From the appeal:

President Obama has appointed a group of "experts" to explore how to make natural gas drilling safer and develop solutions to keep our drinking water unpolluted. As evidence mounts that this is a dirty practice with far-reaching health effects, we need to make sure they hear from people affected by current, unregulated drilling.

Protect Air and Water from Fracking

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ark. couple sues companies over recent earthquakes

JEANNIE NUSS, Associated Press

Published 06:41 p.m., Thursday, June 9, 2011

www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Ark-couple-sues-companies-over-recent-earthquakes-1417708.php

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Yes there are several that have filed us included....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Tom Ridge was on the Colbert Report last night, June 9. He is now lobbying for the natural gas industry.
He is a professional liar. He said that they've drilled a million wells and never have contaminated water supplies.

He said that methane in water wells is perfectly natural and has nothing to do with the drilling.

The PR battle is fully engaged. Put your flack jackets on.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
According to the Art of War by Sun Tzu,

"All warfare is based on deception."

I was a soldier for a short spell, this is absolutely true from the bottom all the way to the top commander.
You are taught to lie.

I am a warrior. And I am waging a war against oil. Many years ago I realized I was an army of one. I paid it no heed. I just calcuated the strength of my force and made do with it's limitations. And besides, insurrgent armies are usually small. The key is just not taking on the enemy's frontline in an assult.

So, mine has been a battle for will. I have never lost a battle on this front, because I was true to my convictions, and always did the right thing. I do not regret not owning a vechile over the last five years. I do not regret calculating my consequences and my actions objectively. I've never lost a battle. But unfortunately, Sun Tzu cautioned against long protracted wars. Because they are the most costly and will increase your chances of defeat. Sometimes, you have to make your stand on "death ground" with no way to retreat. Fight or die.

Deception. I understand deception. At one point in my life I was plauged by living a deceptive life. I renounced deceipt and embraced the light of truth. So, how do I wage a war of deception.

I am not decieving. But what I am doing is shining light on the deluded, make believe world of the establishment.
I am using lies as a weapon. I am using their lies against them.

I decieve them by making them think I'm weak. They grow arrogant. And make mistakes.
We decieve them by making a stand because they think we are sheep and will not break ranks.
I decieved them when they thought I'd always be addicted to oil.
We decieve them when we surprise them with our intelligence and our morality.

You don't have to tell untruths when the enemy is too eager to decieve themselves into believing thier own ingnorant preceptions.

Know that they are doing everything is to decieve you, because this is war.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2011/06/16/BAVR1JTA9H.DTL&type=science

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

The enemy is attacking while we are asleep. Check this article out. Fracking is OK now.

www.nytimes.com...

Also check out this one about "Fraccidents". Nice interactive map.

earthjustice.org...

edit on 6/20/2011 by Theriteway because: map

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A heads up. Haven't personally looked into the claims in the following video but thought I'd post it here anyway just in case there's any validity to it.

At about 5:42 there's mention of N.E. roads not being available and liquification in the NM.

Also there's talk of authorities being stationed "at the Northern end of Michigan" as a possible preparation for 7-7-11? God that's so freakin weird because I live between 7th and 11th streets and didn't even pick my apt., someone else did. I didn't even know where I was going to live until AFTER it was chosen for me. That was about 3 years ago.

I just now heard of this 7-7 date a few minutes ago and am hoping that it's just a coincidence. But, uhm?

The way that I found this vid was that I have a sub that comes in my email for the website "Earthchanges College ~ Survive PX".

edit on 21-6-2011 by Antoniastar because: typo.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Correction: "Northern end of Michigan"...not Missouri.

Sorry about that.

Be safe!

Toni

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The Republicans want to defang regulators. Especially the EPA.

And just when the EPA finally decides to study the affects of fracking.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This article just posted on MSM. There is economic concerns of natural gas fracking. Looks like they are going to spin this into an economic reason to move away from fracking rather than an environmental concern. Read the whole article past the "show more text" extension link. Looks like a move in the right direction, no matter how they get there.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Stay safe and stay well.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar

Also there's talk of authorities being stationed "at the Northern end of Michigan" as a possible preparation for 7-7-11? God that's so freakin weird because I live between 7th and 11th streets and didn't even pick my apt., someone else did.

edit on 21-6-2011 by Antoniastar because: typo.

Don´t worry, there is no reason to be afraid of anything(including the flesh body death) as long as one is a kindhearted person and always strive to become a little bit better with a little bit more of compassion for those not so fortunate people.

Please have a look at this recent prophecy for the specifics of the disasters and the simple solution:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just my two cents...

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

new topics

top topics

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join