It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 260
<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Why would they collapse indeed?? I had just read this on my news site and came
here to see if anyone knew the cause. They were renovating but that shouldn't cause
a collapse unless it had been damaged in someway prior. Susan how close
to the where the quakes usually occur is this town?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

30 miles from the center of Greenbrier to the center of Morrilton following the highway...less as the crow flys

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Your work is greatly appreciated here. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Very sad that a 2 yr old lost her life in the collapse. There is also a graphic of the seismic station that recorded it.

www.todaysthv.com...
edit on 16-5-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The New Madrid earthquake and flooding attack by HAARP and the levee blowing has been discovered in the Bible code:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Tuesday, May 24 · 8:30am - 11:00am

The AOGC is having a hearing to decide the fate of the 2 injection wells in Greenbrier/Guy. Chesapeake and Clarita are requesting the wells be turned back on. The AGS has found a "potential correlation". Please come and show that we want these 2 wells permamently shut down. AOGC is not allowing anyone in the public to testify so your peaceful presence will show we want the wells shut down. Meeting starts at 9am so be there by 8:30. Bring a sign if you wish. There is also a 3rd well in the area that is still active and may be causing the few earthquakes we are still having. AOGC director Larry Bengal states that he will request another 60 day moratorium on use of the two shut down wells but will allow the third to remain in use. Let's make sure AOGC knows that we do not want any injection wells near the fault in use. Carpool group will leave from Wal-Mart parking lot in Conway at 6 am. Most of the group will eat lunch after the meeting before returning.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

I never heard him talk about the word Haarp and went back, but could not find it. Did you hear that part?
Thanks for finding that. I do believe there is something to it, but not sure about using the King James translation since it is so different from the original Hebrew text, which not even a dot or dit has ever been changed, since the Sons of Light wrote it.

You should also post this on the Eric's thread about the flood. I already did my rant for the morning on there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This photo is off topic, but wanted to share with you all. It was taken by a friend of mine in the Baton Rouge area. Check out the size of this snake that was looking for higher ground.

www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Check out the size of this snake that was looking for higher ground

I could not handle snakes such as this or any other snakes for that
matter in my back yard. What a terrible diaster this is in so many
ways.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
Tuesday, May 24 · 8:30am - 11:00am

The AOGC is having a hearing to decide the fate of the 2 injection wells in Greenbrier/Guy. Chesapeake and Clarita are requesting the wells be turned back on. The AGS has found a "potential correlation". Please come and show that we want these 2 wells permamently shut down. AOGC is not allowing anyone in the public to testify so your peaceful presence will show we want the wells shut down. Meeting starts at 9am so be there by 8:30. Bring a sign if you wish. There is also a 3rd well in the area that is still active and may be causing the few earthquakes we are still having. AOGC director Larry Bengal states that he will request another 60 day moratorium on use of the two shut down wells but will allow the third to remain in use. Let's make sure AOGC knows that we do not want any injection wells near the fault in use. Carpool group will leave from Wal-Mart parking lot in Conway at 6 am. Most of the group will eat lunch after the meeting before returning.

Hello. hello world. I love everyone. Even the zaniest. I may become less patient with those that test the limits, only because I am them, and I get annoyed by my own mannerisms. It's the state of the bearucracy, hard word to spell, I'm sure I screwed it up. The middlemen. They're the phonies who let all this happen.

Today I found myself telling a lot of jokes. Morbid as they were, they were still jokes. The chains that bind you have been placed there by the middle-men. And I don't mean the middle-class. That's just a joke as well. A fantasy, a dream. The paper pushers. The lawyers. I made a joke about lawyers. I won't say it here. I'll be held liable.

Let's go back to caveman days. Oh, sorry. That's just me. Well, um, it's the hard way. We will walk the hard way.

I think there is no way the will let the injections continue. The geologists are finding a correlation. This will be enough to suspend it even longer. If they did start injections again, this would only confirm the correllation even more. Because after they begin pumping, a series of earthquakes would shortly follow. Proving the link. At this point, the gas companies are in a no win scenario. They can't win here.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin rumors are they are going to let them continue. I certainly hope they don't and why it is so important that we are there to make a stand.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
THE GOOD NEWS: Pennsylvania is finally waking up! In today's paper it says drilling companies face a Thursday deadline to stop bringing frack water to riverside treatment plants. The governor "asked" the drilling companies to stop using the 16 treatment plants, which aren't equipped to remove all the pollutants from the wastewater. There was some evidence that it was altering river chemistry in a way that had the potential to affect drinking water. DUH!!!

THE BAD NEWS: Many of the largest drillers say they have already stopped the practice and either reuse nearly all of the wastewater OR truck it to Ohio for disposal in the approximately 170 underground injection wells in that state!!! A number of companies may have to stop drilling temporarily until they get a plan in place. Hmmm. I wonder how many people in Ohio know about this?!!!

Also in the paper today, the city is looking into selling effluent water from our treatment plant to the drilling companies. Sounds like a good deal until you think how many millions of gallons of water will be diverted from our little river. Shortages of drinking water for people downstream, especially in drought conditions.The fishermen won't be happy with low water levels either! One company wasn't interested. They want "clean" water!!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by Red Cloak

I never heard him talk about the word Haarp and went back, but could not find it. Did you hear that part?
Thanks for finding that. I do believe there is something to it, but not sure about using the King James translation since it is so different from the original Hebrew text, which not even a dot or dit has ever been changed, since the Sons of Light wrote it.

You should also post this on the Eric's thread about the flood. I already did my rant for the morning on there.

The video has 4 parts.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Energy conservation ... I like that answer ... buy a Prius ... what a thought ... I had a 1983 Datsun that got 69 to 77 miles per Imperial gallon (58 to 64 miles per US gallon) ... a new fangled, high tech hybrid today won't do that ...

Why can't we surpass today ... 30 years later ... with new technology ... what was possible three decades ago?

Corporate and executive pocket books need more padding ...

We need to drill, drill, drill

Signing off before I type more nonsense!

but really, I smell a problem.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Arluk

when i graduated in 1975 one of my best friends had a toyota that got 50-60 mpg...so what made the mileage go down so low? Is it all the gadgets they have on the cars now?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Susan, This should help the battle, there were 20 barrels of fracking fluid found in a creek near Clinton.
Here is a thread found about it. The EPA is looking into it. I just goes to show they don't care about the people of this State or the enviornment.

Barrels of Fracking Fluid found in Creek, Clinton AR

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

My bad, It was not fracking water, but poison chemicals used in Fracking.
Susan you know more about it maybe you can help us out on the thread, Some or saying it has nothing to do with fracking?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Fracking chemical found in Clinton water, barrels being pulled from Choctaw Creek

origin.todaysthv.com...

World-Renowned Scientist Dr. Theo Colborn on the Health Effects of Water Contamination from Fracking

www.democracynow.org...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Suspected Fracking Fluid-Filled Barrels in Creek near Clinton

arkansasmatters.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Industrial disease.

The contamination of the watershed makes me sick.
And I don't even live there.

Oil is making you sick.
We are ill.

There's a aboriginal city in the very far north. My brother and sister were born there. The oilsands are making the people of the far north sick. And they're in the middle of nowhere. Industry has made the whole earth- sick. The fish are sick. Pumplines pump the stuff right across the continent. Right through my Mom's backyard in the Niagara Region. And then on to the United States. Thousands of kilometers of pipes. Pipes. Pipes.

We are the borg.

Maybe it's just fever talking. Maybe it's only due to me being crazy. I'm crazy. I think we're due for some more activity. Something. Something.

I think I'm done trying to prove anything. It's now all about keeping the ship afloat.
The next time you hear the gas lobby say there is no problems with pollution, you now know they are lying. Just within the last few months, there have been many "accidents", and contaminations events.

I think the Energy Lobby. Or rather, the Department of Energy, this is where the real power lies. They will not try to fight this issue in the press. As you can see, they are losing the battle, and issues abound. So, they must take another route to continue their policy. The target has already had a laser dot placed on it's body. The EPA is in the gun sights. They will underfund the EPA and this will defang the agency. Regulation is the greatest obstacle a corporation has to overcome in order to make a profit. Those are the truest words you'll ever read. So they will deregulate through legislation. They will not worry about PR. They know how the media works. Sure, the spotlight falls on a town here and there when there is a problem. But by the next newscycle, the media goes chasing balloon boy or now Arnold. I don't care about Arnold. I don't care if Arnold has a whole litter of kids spread out all over the world. Talk about your marriages for conviences. See, there I go. It's irresistable. What's wrong with us? That's rhetorical. I know what's wrong with us. They will deregulate the market just like they did with the finacial sector. The legislators didn't even understand what naked short selling was, nor did they understand the derivatives market. They need to deregulate. How will they do this? Smaller government.

How do you get smaller government?
Default.
Bankrupt the country.

What's wrong with us?

I know what's wrong. I've even imagined solutions. But when I play them out in my head, they always end up like Waco, or Jonestown. There's no freakin' middle road.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Answer, so he could get to the other side and mock the sloth.

www.collegehumor.com...

I wish I could write cohertantly and thoughtfully, but I'm too stressed lately. There's lots I've wanted to share with those that are interested in what I have to say. Like inflation. And how oil is causing a bubble which is eating up incomes. Like the natural gas glut. And how that may be playing into what will happen with the stock market.

I can't.
Double dip recession.
Pump and dump.
Finacial crisis.
Dollar falls.
Massive goverment cuts.
Less regulations.
More pollution.
More profit.

Oh Klaatu, where are you?

new topics

top topics